Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B (3625 Views)

‘My Earlier Decision Stands’ – Enyeama Rules Out Nigeria Return / Fifa U-17 World Cup: Nigeria With Chile, Croatia, Usa In Group A / CHAN Draw: Nigeria In Group A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by globalaid(m): 12:50pm On Apr 20, 2008
Nigeria, Japan, Netherland and USA
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by FOD(m): 2:25pm On Apr 20, 2008
Now that Siasia has been granted his wish i.e. avoiding the 'big teams' in the group stage, he sure has no excuse for not topping this group.
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by mavtrevor(m): 2:43pm On Apr 20, 2008
FOD my friend, you are definintely right about your reply. Whats up with your league?
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by ajadrage: 5:20pm On Apr 20, 2008
uhmmm, well the group is no pushover if you check it out, netherlands and the usa migh probably be our major obstacles in the group as perennial asian qualifiers japan, have not been known to pose much of a problem to nigerian teams especially in age grade competitions. usa which is expected to be captained by freddy adu, the naturalised boy wonder from ghana also has altidore that featured in the u20 championships in canada last year. they might become our stronger challengers. the dutch team is known for its huge dearth of talents and siasia might just be mindful of them.

in all, i see a pretty smooth sail to the q-final stages even if we come second in the group. the target is to win the gold, after the first round, needed changes adjustments should be made to tactic, technique and structure that should see the team challenge for a medal placing, from there, anything can happen.

p.s. i am pleased at the current form of bendel insurance, i be dey fear say them go drop from the premier league this season (the first time in her history), but thankfully, they're in a run of form now and they should have some good buffer before the drop zone after this weekend. i surprise well well for kano pillars, but i see heartland as a threat, but the race for the premiership crown is still open, exciting to see how it ends grin
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by Uche2nna(m): 5:26pm On Apr 20, 2008
@ ajdrage

How do u keep to date on the Nigerian league. Is there a website or sumnin'
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by ajadrage: 5:33pm On Apr 20, 2008
well, i just follow it up on the pages of newspapers, and i'm "up bendel" as insurance fans would like to be called, theres still a small faithful of true lovers of the club in benin as we grew up on our parents fanaticism. but i think kickoffnigeria has a site, i might not know the link but you could look it up, i hope its some help. . .
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by vichel(m): 6:06pm On Apr 20, 2008
Ajadrage, am happy to hear ur comments about the arsenals of benin, i was begining to fear that, they would drop too, lets hope they keep fighting. This is a very good group for nigeria, i can't wait. GO NIGERIA!!!
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by mykali(m): 6:09pm On Apr 20, 2008
u can't just say u.s.a and netherland are the only guys to worry about and underrate japan. where do u think the likes of shunske nakamura come from we must face the three matches with the same cmmittment or we are going no where. but my best wishes to the team though, wink
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by A40(m): 6:33pm On Apr 20, 2008
That group is tough ooh anyone that says otherwise is just not paying attention
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by ajadrage: 6:33pm On Apr 20, 2008
oh sorry, don't get me wrong oh, i no underrate anybody at all, na underrated teams dey cause upset pass. i was just postulating on pedigree u see, as the us and dutch teams get football pedigree pass japan small when it comes to nigeria's opposition in youth football. at the end of the day, it's a still an eleven a side game with equal opportunities for each team. to qualify for olympics no be beans and na only world cup fit senior olympic football for fifa house. each team has a good chance, but i believe that nigeria would get out of this group, four points at least should see siasia and his team make the second round where the real isht begins. the target na still the gold, so make we try enter medal zone first abi?
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by mykali(m): 7:00pm On Apr 20, 2008
cool
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by dinozzo(m): 12:06am On Apr 21, 2008
it looks tough, USA has a good youth team I think and the Netherlands did very well in the euro tourney that took place last year, they hosted and won it with Babel in the team so I guess they'll be using the same players. The Japanese are always a tough team to beat so we won't have it easy.
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by TOYOSI20(f): 12:18am On Apr 21, 2008
Go Nigeria cool
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by Uche2nna(m): 5:11am On Apr 21, 2008
@ dinnozzo
U are rite. Football in asia is steadily on the rise and the Japanese are @ the forefront. What they lack in skill they make up in being very fast paced and efficient. U have to wary of them. The Dutch are always known to have talent in abundance but most times they under perform. It remains to be seen if they would follow the same trend this year. I dont know much about the USA @ the youth level. I saw Freddie Adu play when he was with the Real Salt lake team. He was easily the star in that team but then again he was in a second rate team in a third rate league. It remains to be seen how well he does when faced with more quality opposition.I am tempted to say that might be the weakest team here. No logical reason apart from thier pedigree in youth tourneys. All said I think Nigeria is expected to wiggle out of this group, and I honestly expect them to top the group. After that, anything goes.
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by Uche2nna(m): 5:20am On Apr 21, 2008
, and hopefully we dont meet any of the african teams ( especially the Ivoriens) until the semi finals. Something tells me that this soccer tourney would have 2 african teams in the semi finals.
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by skyhadi16(m): 8:39am On Apr 21, 2008
Mennnnnnnnn!!! good talk, meeting an African country like Ivory Coast in quarter final might be deadly because na Nigeria Body them dey get power thats if we even get there. Good Luck sha nice Draw. undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by coopedro(m): 9:24am On Apr 21, 2008
victory is sure!
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by tkb417(m): 10:53am On Apr 21, 2008
Fair enuff for Nigeria. . .
its a good draw. Not easy and its not too tough also.

With Siasia at the helm of affairs, we shouldnt have worries with the calibre of players hes gonna use.
We will qualify by his grace
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by SamMilla1(m): 10:56am On Apr 21, 2008
Uche2nna:

@ ajdrage

How do u keep to date on the Nigerian league. Is there a website or sumnin'

@uchenna

,you can see the nigerian league updates at www.kickoffnigeria.com.
tahts where i know whats happening there and believe me , they are perfect.
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by enque(f): 10:59am On Apr 21, 2008
when is d olympics starting?
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by subice(m): 11:31am On Apr 21, 2008
Not a bad group but the boys have to maintain the right attitude.
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by globalaid(m): 12:31pm On Apr 21, 2008
Olympic start 08 08 08 hmmmm
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by Uby40(m): 3:07pm On Apr 21, 2008
siasia's boys had better take all their games like the final itself, cos all the other teams in the olympics are there to make a difference. Japan and the USA seem to be d teams we shud be careful about,cos they qualified with so much strength like we did,so they wud be going all out to prove a mark in the olympics.
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by ayusman16(m): 3:22pm On Apr 21, 2008
U23 Team is still basking in the euphoria of qualifying for the event while underlying that we have to prepare very well for the tournament like other team. I pity us heh!
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by mykali(m): 4:31pm On Apr 21, 2008
we myte miss a player or two in the tourney if he chooses the wrong guys o!
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by TCUBE(m): 2:20am On Apr 22, 2008
I SICK and tired ooo jare, who cares,
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by deola1(m): 11:00am On Apr 22, 2008
No shaking Dream team
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 22, 2008
Although this may qualify to be the GROUP OF DEATH,it is definitely not an easy group. Netherlands and Nigeria may be the favourites. But let's watch their first game before passimg verdicts.
Go Anichebe! Go Nsofor!! Go Dream team iv !!!
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by vikiviko(m): 3:12pm On Apr 22, 2008
Its a pretty tough group, but i know the Dream team IV should scale through.
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by ubest1(m): 4:01pm On Apr 22, 2008
with the present squard the tearm have, we can do it without the group stand, both note no group is wick, we need to be prepare.
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by Abium: 10:46am On Apr 23, 2008
Siasia wish has been granted. His wish is to avoid some of the big teams such as Brazil. Despited of this he still has some battles to fight with other big teams but what i hope is that he will surelly succeed
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by Abium: 10:49am On Apr 23, 2008
i dont want u all to have hope in this team, have u forgotten the other tough teams to met. pls lets think twice

(1) (2) (Reply)

Join My Colossus Bet Syndicate For Big Payouts.. Blaq_lsg / AFCON 2013 And Crazy Colourful Hair Style / Download Barcelona Vs AS Roma 6 - 1 All (messi,suarez) Goals & Match Highlight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.