Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

A Shocker About Starting A Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Shocker About Starting A Business (1173 Views)

How To Go About Starting A Building Materials Business? / If You’re Really Serious About Starting A Business, These 12 Steps Will Help Get / A Shocker About Internet Marketing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Shocker About Starting A Business by neksummi(m): 1:22pm On Apr 20, 2008
Yes this is something you don’t want to hear about internet or any kind of home business.
• You’re going to fail.
• You’re going to waste money.
• You’re going to waste time.
• You’re going to get frustrated.

This sure is something someone positive about attaining financial freedom would not
Want to hear but I want you to come to terms with reality.

The good news however is that
it is one’s response and attitute that makes the difference. You have to be determined and ‘never say die’ until you succeed.

You must eliminate the option of failure.
There is a famous story of Hernando Cortes that goes something like this:
"Hernando Cortes had a plan, he wanted to lead an expedition into Mexico to obtain its many treasures. He presented his plan to the Spanish governor, who was so excited that he gave him eleven ships and seven hundred men. Cortes did not tell the men or the governor the complete plan. After months of travel the eleven ships landed in Veracruz. Cortes had the men unload everything from all eleven ships. As they headed into their new adventure the men turned back and saw all eleven ships burning! Their reaction was to fight back, as surely an enemy had initiated such an attack. Cortes halted the men, as this was in his plan, he had ordered the ships to all be burned. Cortes did not know what he and his men would encounter in their expeditions. What he did know was that by "Burning the Ships" he had completely eliminated their option of going back. At the same time creating an intensely powerful motivation to succeed."

You must burn your ship(s) if you are going to succeed in this business.

What ship(s)? Most likely your current job.
I'm not saying you need to quit, but whatever it is that you are holding onto for security is keeping you mentally unprepared to pursue your Internet business with the full vim and vigor necessary for you to succeed on a high level.
Internally, you must find a way to burn your ships of security and start relying on your Internet business as if it is the ONLY thing you've got.

Your job is simple. Find people that want to attain financial freedom your way and then shorten their learning curve so that they can go out and do the same.
Re: A Shocker About Starting A Business by Rlst84sale(m): 4:00am On Apr 22, 2008
You are a genius
Re: A Shocker About Starting A Business by Uche2nna(m): 4:20pm On Apr 22, 2008
Does this not conflict with these sayings:

Never burn ur bridges
Do not put all ur eggs in one basket

How the hell did Mr. Cortez get back to Spain after burning his ships? undecided
Re: A Shocker About Starting A Business by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 23, 2008
So cool to haer such a motivating story. Common man i need internet business to get involve and sincerely
analysing the chances,risk and opportunity involve,
Re: A Shocker About Starting A Business by xploits777(m): 7:10pm On May 05, 2008
Genius!!! bravo[b]!!!!!
I've read posts in this forum, countless of them
[/b]
however this is one post ~I'll never forget in s Long time,
It's simply inspiring, motivating, captivating and above all excellent.

I'm trully touched, because personally I've always thought of being an entrepreneur, and that I am already, but times aren't the best because of the Nigerian
factors; poor funding-finance, corruption in the high places, bribery in every corner etc discourage young entrepreneurs who have a different philosophy (Christians).
I've just refired my engines and absolutely determined to fight through all the way! even when the chips are down and the future seems bleak, I'll always encourage myself, no situation is made to be permanent(a change is on the way) and that even in the thickest of darkness, a new Dawn is set to break.

This is not one of those cheer sayings, what I feel is passionate, it's a deep conviction that Nigeria will still be better, we are still evolving, however only for those who burn their ships(abandon their comfort zones) and head into the storm unprotected and unshielded with a determination to break into a new world.

I see beyond today honestly, and just wish we could stop all these negative sayings about our country. My view has just suddenly changed, I gave myself excuses that we don't have an enabling environment for start-ups, you can't land big jobs without bribes etc.
Folks, create your own environment and flourish therein. I don't even know where the limit is (because you will become limitless), the sky is an endless open space so let's keep rising and soaring ,

God bless you brother and poster.
I'm impressed and gladdened.

BRAVO

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Abuja Free Business Seminar: Book Your Seat / Top 10 Well Paid 'non-criminal' Occupations In Nigeria / 2012 New Season Fashion Women Dresses! Wholesale From China & Tax-free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.