Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D (11852 Views)

Soldier Catches Wife With Another Man, Parades Them Both Naked In Public. Photos / Nigerian Couple Reunited After 10 Years And Died 24hours Later In Horrible / My Relationship With Mom! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by lifestyle1(m): 6:02pm On May 11, 2013
source : http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/soldier-reunited-with-mom-after-30-years-185940646.html

After 30 years of combing through databases and Internet search results, a mother and the son she gave up for adoption
have been reunited, thanks to a random message posted on the family history record-keeping site Ancestry.com.

Also on Shine: How One N.Y. Couple Found Their Son on the Subway: A Family Made by Fate

Janice Lobaugh, a 48-year-old married mom of two who owns her own real estate company in Wasilla, Alaska, was just 17 when she was forced to give her 5-month-old baby boy, Therman Randall Blair, up for adoption.

Also on Shine: How Hopeful Parents Are Turning to Craigslist to Start Families

"I had a very stressful childhood," Lobaugh told Yahoo! Shine in an interview on Friday. She and her younger sister discovered they were both pregnant on the same day, and their mother — a single mom already struggling to raise three kids — was not supportive. One Friday when Therman was just a few months old, Lobaugh left him with her mother so she could pick up her paycheck. When she called from a pay phone to check on him an hour or so later, her mom said that Therman wasn't there.

"I said, 'What do you mean he's not there? Where's my son?'" Lobaugh remembered. "She said, 'He got fussy, I couldn't deal with it. I called the police.'"

The police took the baby to a nearby social services organization; when Lobaugh went to go get him, the employees wouldn't let her see her son. Instead, they told her she needed to meet with a case worker the following Monday.

"So I went in and met with them," she told Yahoo! Shine. "The lady asked me if I had ever considered adoption, and I said, 'No.'"

"And she said, 'Janice, what do you want for your son?' And I said 'I want him to be loved, I want him to be in a good environment, I don't want him to be run through hell.'"

"I made the decision to put him up for adoption because I didn't have any options for the future," she told Yahoo! Shine, in tears.

Lobaugh visited her baby in foster care a few times, but she only found out that the adoption was in progress when his foster mom stopped her on the street. She told Lobaugh that the new family was changing Therman's name to Spencer Parrish.

"That was the last time I saw my son," Lobaugh told Yahoo! Shine.

She spent the next 30 years trying to find him. "Every time I'd see somebody with a small child, I'd look to see if it was him," she said, crying. "Never found him, never saw him." When she was 23, she asked state social services if she could contact the adoptive parents, and was told that it was a closed adoption and the family had left the state.

By 1997, Lobaugh was an Alaska state government employee. "So I would look to see if I could find him with the databases available to me," she told Yahoo! Shine. She started searching for him online, but Internet searches pulled up "pages and pages" of people named Spencer Parrish. "I had gone to some adoption sites and posted notices looking for my son, hoping he would find me," she said.

On February 21, 2013, she typed "Spencer Parrish" into Google, along with the last place she knew her son had lived: Juneau, Alaska. "And the first thing that popped up was a note that he wrote to me on Valentine's day, back in 2001," Lobaugh told Yahoo! Shine. He had posted the note — "Therman Randall Blair DOB Feb. 1983 looking for mother" — on Ancestry.com a few days after his 18th birthday.

more: http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/soldier-reunited-with-mom-after-30-years-185940646.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by Gee001: 6:34pm On May 11, 2013
After 30yrs. Being sober 4 gud 30yrs. Wow!!! I can imagine her joy.
Re: Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by Nobody: 10:52am On May 12, 2013
Waooo,dats 1dafl
Re: Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by eriegua83: 10:58am On May 12, 2013
Tears in my eyes
Re: Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by yuzedo: 10:59am On May 12, 2013
Am look at dis piture and am cry into ma espensive mowet shampain in my Banana Island Man shun. Oh God, Is so torching. cry cry

9 Likes

Re: Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by slimyem: 10:59am On May 12, 2013
Sweet!
But those 30 years can never be made up for undecided
Re: Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by samuel900(m): 11:01am On May 12, 2013
Wonderful
Re: Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by devigblegble: 11:02am On May 12, 2013
Wow these awesome grin
Re: Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by eazysally: 11:02am On May 12, 2013
Una no dey go church? I dey church now and sermon dey go on congrat to d mum sha b4 I forget..siginig out to concentrate to com back leta after church close

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by mysticgal(f): 11:03am On May 12, 2013
blood is thicker than water.
Re: Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by Nobody: 11:07am On May 12, 2013
God mode (Google mode) activated! There is nothing the Goog cannot do!

Like seriously, Google is the closest thing we have to a god!
Re: Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:08am On May 12, 2013
You can imagine the joy of a mother who found her lost son.
-----------------------
Last Bullet: See the importance of info tech, where the mother searched for the son's name online.
Re: Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by Nobody: 11:08am On May 12, 2013
yuzedo: Am look at dis piture and am cry into ma espensive mowet shampain in my Banana Island Man shun. Oh God, Is so torching. cry cry
I love your iceland of the baa-nana! Can I chop your baa-nana till I yo? Prease? The ban-ana is not in rule 17. I am becoming your neighbour. Yours truly, gmail.
Re: Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by searay(m): 11:09am On May 12, 2013
Viewing from the church. God forgive me.
Re: Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by Nobody: 11:11am On May 12, 2013
I can feel their pain and their joy also cos d same thing happened to me.i thank God for everything now sha cos i will be meeting my father next week for d very first time in my life.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by Mobinga: 11:16am On May 12, 2013
The Writer: God mode (Google mode) activated! There is nothing the Goog cannot do!

Like seriously, Google is the closest thing we have to a god!

Did you read the article?

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by yuzedo: 11:18am On May 12, 2013
The Writer:
I love your iceland of the baa-nana! Can I chop your baa-nana till I yo? Prease? The ban-ana is not in rule 17. I am becoming your neighbour. Yours truly, gmail.
WTF bro! angry chop who banana? Seun, bro, I tort rule 48 say no gay poeple shod diss torb other niara landas? Suen, bro, is dis websight torning to gayymensland .coom?! angry undecidedoh god, I told u to helped us link punny but u didn't agrin. Now boy want to chop his felo boy banana bicors of lak of no punnys. I give up!!! angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by Nobody: 11:21am On May 12, 2013
yuzedo:
WTF bro! angry chop who banana? Seun, bro, I tort rule 48 say no gay poeple shod diss torb other niara landas? Suen, bro, is dis websight torning to gayymensland .coom?! angry undecidedoh god, I told u to helped us link punny but u didn't agrin. Now boy want to chop his felo boy banana bicors of lak of no punnys. I give up!!! angry angry angry
But we had meeted before in my Californication man shun. We dranked merlot and did harlots. So we can qualified to live together as man an bananan in la isla Bruce Banner.
Re: Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by Nobody: 11:23am On May 12, 2013
Unless you are wanted a treesome way with sexy suen!

1 Like

Re: Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by Jankoller(m): 11:27am On May 12, 2013
30 years? Wonders shall never end.
Re: Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by Nobody: 11:31am On May 12, 2013
yuzedo: Am look at dis piture and am cry into ma espensive mowet shampain in my Banana Island Man shun. Oh God, Is so torching. cry cry

LOL.
Guy you don dey craze ooo.
Re: Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by Adedayo516(m): 11:39am On May 12, 2013
oga terrorist, your grammar dey terrorise me oooo
grin
oga terrorist, your grammar dey terrorise me oooo
Re: Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by moneyhungry(m): 11:43am On May 12, 2013
my name is MUSA ALIKO DANGOTE.
I've been looking for my dad for the past 20 years now.
Pls, any idea how i can find him?

5 Likes

Re: Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by nosike3(m): 11:48am On May 12, 2013
Why would she have s*x at a tender age? Time zome gadam children should be praying to jah to pass da jamb;they jump on banana n punny!!!! Cursed generation I say!! Cursed generation raggaman say so!!!
Re: Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by eazysally: 11:51am On May 12, 2013
Seun u don find trouble with ur rules u go ban all of us be that ooo bkos even d rules don turn to another entertainment
Re: Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by nosike3(m): 11:51am On May 12, 2013
money-hungry :
my name is MUSA ALIKO DANGOTE.
I've been looking for my dad for the past 20 years now.
Pls, any idea how i can find him?
come here son!!! Am looking for ya for 30 yrs now!! Why u escape from our sykiatric home? Mama missed ya!!!
Re: Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by Navalsadiq(m): 11:53am On May 12, 2013
nothing can ever seperate mother and child no matter what
Re: Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by sigba(f): 12:07pm On May 12, 2013
cry cry So touching....
Re: Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by mimibets(f): 12:10pm On May 12, 2013
beautiful.
Re: Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by mimibets(f): 12:11pm On May 12, 2013
with tears in my eyes,i could not help laughing at this.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by Zi: 12:28pm On May 12, 2013
It remains reuniting with his father. undecided
Re: Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D by ikechukz(m): 1:11pm On May 12, 2013
Please who knows if the website works for Kryptonians because i'm also searching for my birth parents.It's being 20yrs now.Dad if you can see this,its your son Ikechukz_El.....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Proper To Make My Wife Next Of Kin? / I Am Broken I Need Advice From Matured Minds / Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.