Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,434 members, 7,801,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Atiku Abubakar:governors Armed Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants! I Warned Them - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Abubakar:governors Armed Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants! I Warned Them (1778 Views)

"I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi / Abuja Blasts: Niger Delta Militants Might Be Responsible – NLC / Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Abubakar:governors Armed Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants! I Warned Them by peazer: 1:51am On May 12, 2013
Former vice president, Atiku Abubakar, has spoken of his frustration as vice president reining his party’s governors in from arming youth who would later raise deadly groups that now threaten to tear the nation apart.

On BBC interview Saturday, Mr. Abubakar said he spoke to the governors in the Niger Delta, and in the north; but his advice was not heeded.

“During our time when there was such crisis in Yobe, you saw how we tackled it. First of all, we sent undercover agents who mixed up with the insurgents and understood their modus operandi. When the report was brought to us, we then sent security agents who rounded up the enclave, arrested some of them and killed those that had to be killed. More http://www.kopnomi.com/2013/05/atiku-abubakar-governors-armed-boko.html
Re: Atiku Abubakar:governors Armed Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants! I Warned Them by donbuchi1(m): 6:25am On May 12, 2013
Atiku you have truly made your country our Nigeria ungovernable just as you promised us.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar:governors Armed Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants! I Warned Them by idupaul: 6:49am On May 12, 2013
You taught governors the art of being disloyal to the president and constitution and inturn the Governors imported arms to create personal armies which have metamorphosed into MEND, Boko Haram and now Ombatse...thank you for turning Nigeria to another Somalia ..
Re: Atiku Abubakar:governors Armed Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants! I Warned Them by homerac7: 7:51am On May 12, 2013
don buchi: Atiku you have truly made your country our Nigeria ungovernable just as you promised us.

Can you cite ONE reference where Atiku said the above? If you can't, then what separates you from the Aluu barbarians? undecided

idupaul: You taught governors the art of being disloyal to the president and constitution and inturn the Governors imported arms to create personal armies which have metamorphosed into MEND, Boko Haram and now Ombatse...thank you for turning Nigeria to another Somalia ..

what has your tripe got to do with the issue being raised and is Atiku responsible for other people's actions? That's daft,...hope you know that. undecided
Re: Atiku Abubakar:governors Armed Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants! I Warned Them by pomporiking: 10:16am On May 12, 2013
Atiku you're just like the rest of em corrupt and power hungry$no need for all this rubbish
Re: Atiku Abubakar:governors Armed Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants! I Warned Them by jesse8048(m): 11:02am On May 12, 2013
Atiku all I can say for now is " this is good for you and your northern brothers". Sincerely wish your bokoharam consume all of u and send u guys back to stone age. Evil men
Re: Atiku Abubakar:governors Armed Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants! I Warned Them by Abagworo(m): 11:53am On May 12, 2013
peazer:
Former vice president, Atiku Abubakar, has spoken of his frustration as vice president reining his party’s governors in from arming youth who would later raise deadly groups that now threaten to tear the nation apart.

On BBC interview Saturday, Mr. Abubakar said he spoke to the governors in the Niger Delta, and in the north; but his advice was not heeded.

During our time when there was such crisis in Yobe, you saw how we tackled it. First of all, we sent undercover agents who mixed up with the insurgents and understood their modus operandi. When the report was brought to us, we then sent security agents who rounded up the enclave, arrested some of them and killed those that had to be killed. More http://www.kopnomi.com/2013/05/atiku-abubakar-governors-armed-boko.html

Now he's trying to claim to be a part of our legendary President Obasanjo's conflict resolution expertise. He should have admitted that he wasted most of his tenure as VP fighting Obasanjo. The credit goes to OBJ and if Jonathan had listened to OBJ's carrot and stick advice, Boko Haram would have been a thing of the past.
Re: Atiku Abubakar:governors Armed Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants! I Warned Them by BrosPeter: 11:54am On May 12, 2013
I don't believe it till I see with my eyes.
Re: Atiku Abubakar:governors Armed Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants! I Warned Them by BrosPeter: 12:07pm On May 12, 2013
Today you say is Atiku tomorow you say is Buhari. Wich one we go believe. Nonsensicall
Re: Atiku Abubakar:governors Armed Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants! I Warned Them by Dibiachukwu: 12:11pm On May 12, 2013
Abagworo:

Now he's trying to claim to be a part of our legendary President Obasanjo's conflict resolution expertise. He should have admitted that he wasted most of his tenure as VP fighting Obasanjo. The credit goes to OBJ and if Jonathan had listened to OBJ's carrot and stick advice, Boko Haram would have been a thing of the past.
chai OBJ is now a person to be listened to
Re: Atiku Abubakar:governors Armed Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants! I Warned Them by donbuchi1(m): 12:50pm On May 12, 2013
homerac7:

Can you cite ONE reference where Atiku said the above? If you can't, then what separates you from the Aluu barbarians? undecided

Pls ain't going to insult you. Go to google.com, type " atiku's comments on making Nigeria ungovernable". The statement was made during the campaign of 2011 general elections. We should use this forum to educate and enlighten others. I hope that helps.

what has your tripe got to do with the issue being raised and is Atiku responsible for other people's actions? That's daft,...hope you know that. undecided
Re: Atiku Abubakar:governors Armed Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants! I Warned Them by bombay: 12:59pm On May 12, 2013
The Fulani has a character that is antithetical to the hopes and yearnings of other ethnic nationalities in Nigeria and around West African sub-continent. They are used to taking things that do not belong to them by force. Exploiting the oil of the Niger Delta in the way and manner it had been for this long is not out of character for the Fulani. Spending the national resources to which they contribute next to nothing like a drunken “gambler” is part of the Fulani nature. The Fulani has no capacity to be compassionate where his interests are at stake. Thus the murdering of a Ken Saro Wiwa here and a Dele Giwa there, or another Akaluka here and Oluwatosin there means nothing to the Fulani. Murdering in coldblooded massacre, several Junkun women and children has no meaning to the Fulani. Wiping out the entire villages of the Birom people does not mean anything to the Fulani. Looting, Molesting, maiming and murdering innocent and generous Yoruba hosts has no meaning in the consciousness of the Fulani. It is just a way of life.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar:governors Armed Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants! I Warned Them by bombay: 1:09pm On May 12, 2013
The trust shall set you free
Re: Atiku Abubakar:governors Armed Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants! I Warned Them by homerac7: 4:47pm On May 12, 2013
@ don buchi,

my error,...my apologies. wink
Re: Atiku Abubakar:governors Armed Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants! I Warned Them by donbuchi1(m): 5:13pm On May 12, 2013
homerac7: @ don buchi,

my error,...my apologies. wink

Accepted! !!
Re: Atiku Abubakar:governors Armed Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants! I Warned Them by nuclearboy(m): 5:28pm On May 12, 2013
Another tacit acceptance by yet another PDP biggie that Boko Haram and MEND were the "enforcement arms" of PDP

Very sad that truth stares us in the face but we refuse to accept it

(1) (Reply)

US Military Vs The World,who Would Win? / Obasanjo Forced Me To Pay A God Father Monthly -former Anambra Gov Mbadinuju / We Won’t Support Jonathan In 2015 —northern Elders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.