Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

Help Usb Game Controller For Windows Vista - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Usb Game Controller For Windows Vista (2909 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Windows Vista Tweaks for Optimal System Performance / Hp Deskjet D2360 Driver For Windows Vista (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Usb Game Controller For Windows Vista by Skywalker5(m): 9:17pm On Apr 20, 2008
I just bought a new game pad for a laptop using windows vista and the windows not recognising the device.The software that came with it its not working.I need help on this

Is there any driver that can drive any type of controller for vista.I tried the controller on windows XP system and its detects it automatically.
Any one with ideas on how to solve this problem
Re: Help Usb Game Controller For Windows Vista by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 12, 2008
i had similar problem with my vista system n gamepad i really didnt do nothing i had other problems n needed to format my system next thing i know poof my gamepad was working n Ipod too
Re: Help Usb Game Controller For Windows Vista by TmeD0(m): 4:32pm On May 12, 2008
Sky-walker:

I just bought a new game pad for a laptop using windows vista and the windows not recognising the device.T[b]he software that came with it its not working.[/b]I need help on this

Is there any driver that can drive any type of controller for vista.I tried the controller on windows XP system and its detects it automatically.
Any one with ideas on how to solve this problem
The software is not working because the driver don't seem to be compatible with Vista.  There's really nothing you can do now but either 1) Return the gamepad and find one that's compatible with Vista  2) If you're bent on using the particular game pad and Vista, then wait till the vendors of your gamepad come out with a Vista compatible driver.  However, if it says on the gamepad box that it's Vista-compatible, then you probably want to install the software that came with it first before plugging the gamepad into the USB port (the manual should let you know what sequence to go by).  On the other hand, you can just downgrade to XP and enjoy ya gamepad grin   Peace!
Re: Help Usb Game Controller For Windows Vista by pein(m): 8:51am On May 13, 2008
best bet is to get a USB 360 controller for Vista(wired or wireless).that probably is the only one that will work perfectly.Vista is basically a bitch in terms of drivers and most pads were not made with Vista in mind.

(1) (Reply)

Opera Mini On China Phone© / All About Computers / Cobranet Settings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.