Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,998 members, 7,806,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? (45579 Views)

See How Much It Cost To Travel From Lagos To New York In The Good Old Days(pic) / How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? / Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 13, 2013
temiosunrinde: Mr payless what is the inherent danger?please tell me

Robbery and loss of life. At least 20 day journey.
Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by Nautillus(m): 5:42pm On May 13, 2013
LIFE OF PI thinz grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 13, 2013
I have a genuine information on that; the last time I travel from lagos sea to Los Angeles, I spent 9months with a leser price.. Just #1,200. Now the price might have reduced to 500 but it will take you close to a year before u reach ur destination.
Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by austinite(m): 8:07pm On May 13, 2013
This sounds so awkward, my candid is 4 u to take ur time n gather money for a flight because its safer n faster....u can't tell how cold it is to travel from Lagos 2 LA...Omo no b here Oooo...
Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by Freshprincess(f): 12:04am On May 14, 2013
Y take such a big risk, is it dat u want 2 break record or u just want 2 enjoy d kul breeze of d sea?, y nt go 2ru a safer, convienent means. Well bst of luck!
Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by Nobody: 12:17am On May 14, 2013
@ OP

I don't think passenger's ship does come to Nigeria. So, there is likely a slim chance you can board a ship from Nigeria to the US.
grin grin grin
Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by NemzySeries(m): 9:43am On May 14, 2013
Hahahahahahaha.....Dis dude must av really read D book of Genesis in & out & found D story of Noah very interesting to finally come up wit such a weird idea of travelling out
Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by 25omega(m): 3:42pm On May 14, 2013
Yomii: I have a genuine information on that; the last time I travel from lagos sea to Los Angeles, I spent 9months with a leser price.. Just #1,200. Now the price might have reduced to 500 but it will take you close to a year before u reach ur destination.
Months at sea sounds more logical. There are no passenger boats from Nigeria only cargo ships. If you stow away hunger thirst and cold will probably be your biggest problem not to mention being caught aboard the ship. Then if some how you land on the shores of the united states you will have to figure out how to escape the ship search. Oh they check every inch of the ship and they check every document to make sure no contraband or human trafficking is going on.

it will be an adventure indeed
Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by colleencamacho5: 2:29pm On Apr 26, 2022
Delta Airlines and United Airlines have direct flights to US from Lagos. You could also take any other airlines such as British Airways, Turkish airlines, Qatar Airways, Etihad and Emirates. Arik Air used to fly to New York, but they have stopped their services on this route. Air Frace, KLM, Lufthansa et al fly to US from Lagos and Abuja through their countries of origin.Take a coach from Lagos through Republic of Benin through Ghana till you arrive Cape Verde. then hop on a speed boat the Caribbeans. You could hitherto swim across to the US.

C’mon, there are several flights connecting Nigeria to the US directly or via stops. Book them! If you wish, you may connect through any of the cargo boats and share you experience here!For one who wishes to travel to US from Nigeria, the first step to take is to apply to the US Embassy for an imigrant visa. (This presumes however that one has an international pasport already prepared and still valid.) The embassy would schedule an interview with the fellow. It is with this interview that the Embassy would decide if one is eligible to be issued the visa or not. If issued successfully, one can then go ahead to book a flight.You’d have to get a visa to visit. 60% of visas are rejected from Nigeria, so it would be pretty hard. If you are young, single, without children, without a job, without property…you can expect your visa application to be rejected.

If you are well educated, have plenty of money, older with strong ties to Nigeria, and a history of visiting western nations and returning to Nigeria, you can expect your application to be approved. Currently, you’d need to have been vaccinated for COVID with either Moderna, Pfizer, J&J, or Astrazenenca.

once you’ve been approved, an airliner is the only reasonable way to get to the USA.These days ? Crossing the Atlantic Ocean, cma cgm tracking port to port shipping can be an alternative, although who is providing a regular service on such a run ? Lunatics might give hovercrafts a go, although do no expect a road side service coming along if an essential part on the machine is failing. Cars, bikes and busses are excluded as much as are trains. Strong belief will not be good enough enabling one to walk across.

What else has been missed ?

Fine, this does settle it to any aircraft with the fuel range completing the flight. If anyone does offer direct trips, so be it. If the journey does run via a European hub, fine, it will be rated as next best opportunity.

Although, currently I do not have any idea, who in COVID-19 times is actively in the game. For an affordable price for a ticket.

The visa fee is about 160 dollars and the airfair is about a thousand dollars depending on the State one is heading to.

Hope this helps.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Residents Loot Noodles From An Accident Scene In Omotosho, Ondo State (Video) / Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) / Proposed New Look Of International Airport Road, Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.