Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. (28201 Views)

Car Thieves At FCMB Rumumasi In Port Harcourt Caught (Graphic Photos) / Photos: See how Thieves Extract pin numbers from ATM with card skimmers.... / South African Thieves Stole Justin Bieber's Concert Takings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by oseiwe(m): 5:11pm On May 12, 2013
puskin:

This one is small fry compared to the ATM Heist.
Wen u count d num of ATM withdrawals and d num of internet transfers done by d 9ja boys, u will rethink. Can an ATM machine pay N4m in a swoop?
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by badmeat(m): 5:17pm On May 12, 2013
Imagine that!we steal billions directly,why hack,if I dey lie ask mainacheesy
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by ClitorialDept: 5:18pm On May 12, 2013
oseiwe:
Wen u count d num of ATM withdrawals and d num of internet transfers done by d 9ja boys, u will rethink. Can an ATM machine pay N4m in a swoop?

Sit down. The Nigeria yahoo boys do not have the insider link and expertise to co-ordinate a global operation like this. Even if they did it locally within Nigeria they will need at least 45,000 accomplices to withdraw the maximum $1,000 equivalent from ATMs nation-wide.
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by Trut(m): 5:18pm On May 12, 2013
I thought a Nigerian was involve in the deal.
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by killuminati(m): 5:19pm On May 12, 2013
Just cos I read all the long story, I failed to comment first. Next time I will book a space before reading the full tory. Bare with me please!
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by Chitexs250(m): 5:19pm On May 12, 2013
yuzedo:
grin

Romance section has some nice, simple topics today. Go knock yourself out. smiley

Hmmmmm

Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by ClitorialDept: 5:20pm On May 12, 2013
Trut: I thought a Nigerian was involve in the deal.
stop overrating yourselves
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by oseiwe(m): 5:30pm On May 12, 2013
Clitorial.Dept.:

Sit down. The Nigeria yahoo boys do not have the insider link and expertise to co-ordinate a global operation like this. Even if they did it locally within Nigeria they will need at least 45,000 accomplices to withdraw the maximum $1,000 equivalent from ATMs nation-wide.
I am referring to d num of withdrawals to d amount and pple involved. Nigerians cant do ATM blast but dey are up and running wit internet transfers. Dere is no official figure for now, but d ones dat I'm tracing are frightening.
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by Masanto: 5:31pm On May 12, 2013
da-gentility:
Damn,Op ur post is 2 long,cant evn read it,talkless of comprehending it.
If you want to hide any thing from blacks, put it in writting

3 Likes

Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by ClitorialDept: 5:35pm On May 12, 2013
oseiwe:
I am referring to d num of withdrawals to d amount and pple involved. Nigerians cant do ATM blast but dey are up and running wit internet transfers. Dere is no official figure for now, but d ones dat I'm tracing are frightening.

Even at that, they probably just hack into personal accounts from people who were not careful in hiding their passwords.

It is no way in comparison to what this dudes accomplished. Not only where they able to hack into several banks database they way able to deactivate the withdrawal limit and disable pending transaction notifications.

The banks never new what hit them. It was the U.S. banks that were suspicious of the amount withdrawn at their ATM branches that highlighted the authorities.
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by mitey(m): 5:39pm On May 12, 2013
collins123: Naija no dey carry last.

Just wait and see.

click like only if you believe!

Why don't I slap you instead?

2 Likes

Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by oseiwe(m): 5:43pm On May 12, 2013
Clitorial.Dept.:

Even at that, they probably just hack into personal accounts from people who were not careful in hiding their passwords.

It is no way in comparison to what this dudes accomplished. Not only where they able to hack into several banks database they way able to deactivate the withdrawal limit and disable pending transaction notifications.

The banks never new what hit them. It was the U.S. banks that were suspicious of the amount withdrawn at their ATM branches that highlighted the authorities.

D title of d topic is misleading. Dis job was not done in a few hrs. Guy, multiply 500*5000, dats wat someone in 9ja did within 10mins. This is not a case of password theft, its pure hacking as if dere is a machine built for it.
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by Nelrulez(m): 5:48pm On May 12, 2013
This is very interesting... This is a big challenge for the yahoo dudes n d country,,, I'm damn sure the whole operation was spearheaded by a Mafian...
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by suyamasta(m): 5:53pm On May 12, 2013
and later them go say na nigerian tin! God go expose una!
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by Pennywise(m): 6:01pm On May 12, 2013
If this scam had originated in Nigeria, it would have gone on forever with our folks not knowing what to do or how $45m got missing. cheesy
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by Afunwa92: 6:04pm On May 12, 2013
This is what I call stealing, not those pocket pickers.
Those guy will be employed.
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by 50calibre(m): 6:06pm On May 12, 2013
da-gentility:
Damn,Op ur post is 2 long,cant evn read it,talkless of comprehending it.

Go back to primary school and Start afresh
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by DMK02: 6:28pm On May 12, 2013
changin ma course 2 comuter science abeg
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by vanstanzy(m): 6:34pm On May 12, 2013
U've got to admire the "hussle" wink. What ingenuity, i'ld say. wink wink
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by Dyt(f): 6:50pm On May 12, 2013
How much do politicians steal in an hour?
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by jpphilips(m): 6:53pm On May 12, 2013
gilgal7: damn....technology is good....but dangerous in d hands of black-hats....one sweet ting is dat they can run....but neva hide....cos nemesis will catch up wit 'em....hahahaha surf safe

it is not nemesis that caught up with them but the resilience of the feds.
at least it happened in a country that doesnt comit terrorists to prayers of repentance.
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by moneyhungry(m): 7:24pm On May 12, 2013
still on d matter:
tobechi onwuhara stole approximately $80 million through cyber-crime from America. this he accomplished with a gang of only 7 members.
one of d biggest cyber-crime in American history.
tobechi was a much greater genius.
naija, i hail!.

2 Likes

Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 12, 2013
oseiwe:

What are you arguing on about?

Will you just stop?
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by emmadejust(m): 8:26pm On May 12, 2013
in ur conquest know when to stop and arrange,in manipulation of ppl or situation timing is important,before any move or action plan til d end,endin is al that matter lest u be takin unawares or caught in d act.money that is stolen is sweet to man,and money is accepted even it comes in a dirty bag.beaware of ur shadow when there is a dim light.
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by goldolu: 8:34pm On May 12, 2013
Wait untill you meet Ibori.
puskin: Nigerians are yet to possess this kind of intellectual cyber power nah.
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by Manliness(m): 9:08pm On May 12, 2013
oseiwe:

val_dee:

What are you arguing on about?

Will you just stop?

Exactly! Stop overrating naija fraud and give credit to the real black-hats here, though not condoning their actions.

Nigerians do not hack into any accounts, nor do they partake in the hacking, the most they do is phishing (creating clone websites of financial institutions to steal info) which is really easy, you see it on the fake GTB emails everyday, you don't even have to be a good web designer fo' that. For the bank transfers, they just "buy" bank-logins and account details from hackers/black-hats like these, and its not rocket science to do a transfer once you have login info, all you need is a destination account which can also be bought or opened with fake ID's, now thats newbie sh*t. I think a heist like this can hardly be pulled off by our naija ppl, because greediness would kill the operation before it even gets started. You have to admire the way the ring united from different parts of the world to pull off the heist.

All this naija boys overrating don tire me, educate yourself first!.
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by mu2sa2: 9:41pm On May 12, 2013
I know some people who never use ATM card because they are skeptical about it. I thought they are mistaken but from what happened to me today I have to be extra careful with my ATM card. Some 5 hours ago I used my card to pay at a POS terminal. To my greatest surprise immediately the amount was entered transaction was approved without password being entered. Even the checkout lady was surprised and had to call her supervisor, who said it wasn't unusual as it happened even yesterday. It was a supposedly secured UBA Visa and at Shoprite! So if some1 had stolen the card s/he could hav literally emptied my account without even using any password.
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by yeboyes: 9:42pm On May 12, 2013
Clitorial.Dept.:

The real wise guys

Sorry but they are not WISE.If they were ,they would not have posted pictures of themselves with cash. They are extremely dumb.If you are involved in this type of syndicate ,the smartest thing to do is to change your clothes between ATMs and NEVER EVER post your pictures online with cash.I mean how much will it have cost them to switch clothes and apply make up to cover their identities?

There are a couple of simple rules to follow when involved in such a syndicate

1 - Wear make up and disguise yourself to look like a girl or an older person
2 - Never take pictures of yourself with money
3 - Change clothes between ATMs
4 - Always use a hired car that you hired from a person not a company
5 - Don't show off to friends and don't go to night clubs
6 - Don't buy anything expensive
7 - Don't flash money in public
8 - Launder the money to offshore accounts
9 - Don't tell your wife, girlfriend ,relatives or friends what you are doing
10- Act normal around those close to you
11- If you have a job ,keep going to work.Don't quit your job
12- If you feel that you are compromised,walk across the border,do not use the airports.
13- If you are fleeing ,go to a country where you can not be repatriated from like Venezuela ,Russia or Cuba
14- Don't give money to relatives
15- Before you go into the business make sure your business partners follow all the above rules

These guys led the police to the masterminds of the whole operation. Their dumb slip up just put their mastermind (who i believe keeps a low profile) in to problems.This is what happens when you work with dumb latinos and niggers.

4 Likes

Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by tutu1: 9:46pm On May 12, 2013
You are a learner
puskin: Nigerians are yet to possess this kind of intellectual cyber power nah.
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by yomalex(m): 9:58pm On May 12, 2013
Cybercriminals Withdraw $45m From ATMs in World Bank Heist http://www.alexoludiya.com/cybercriminals-withdraw-45m-atms-world-bank-heist/
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by Digriz(m): 10:06pm On May 12, 2013
yeboyes:

Sorry but they are not WISE.If they were ,they would not have posted pictures of themselves with cash. They are extremely dumb.If you are involved in this type of syndicate ,the smartest thing to do is to change your clothes between ATMs and NEVER EVER post your pictures online with cash.I mean how much will it have cost them to switch clothes and apply make up to cover their identities?

There are couple of simple rules to follow when involved in such a syndicate

1 - Where make up and disguise yourself to look like a girl or an older person
2 - Never take pictures of yourself with money
3 - Change clothes between ATMs
4 - Always use a hired car that you hired from a person not a company
5 - Don't show off to friends and don't go to night clubs
6 - Don't buy anything expensive
7 - Don't flash money in public
8 - Launder the money to offshore accounts
9 - Don't tell your wife, girlfriend ,relatives or friends what you are doing
10- Act normal around those close to you
11- If you have a job ,keep going to work.Don't quit your job
12- If you feel that you are compromised,walk across the border,do not use the airports.
13- If you are fleeing ,go to a country where you can not be repatriated from like Venezuela ,Russia or Cuba
14- Don't give money to relatives
15- Before you go into the business make sure your business partners follow all the above rules

These guys that led the police to the masterminds of the whole operation. Their dumb slip up just put their mastermind (who i belive keeps a low profile) in to problems.This is what happens when you work with dumb latinos and niggers.
hmmm I dey suspect u o!
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by FreeWill01: 10:15pm On May 12, 2013
I no fit shout! undecided This guys!!!!!That mastermind is a mawfxxka, enough gun shots salute!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Judge Husaini Sama’ila Kidnapped Inside Court In Katsina State / Fake Police Commissioner Busted By Real Police Officers, Items Recovered. Photos / 36-Year-Old Bus Driver Arrested For Defiling Four-Year-Old Pupil (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.