Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Multichoice And Their Fraud Called Gotv - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Multichoice And Their Fraud Called Gotv (8849 Views)

Multichoice-nigeria-concedes-to-Consumer Protection Council / ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice / Is Multichoice DSTV Ripping Nigerians Off? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multichoice And Their Fraud Called Gotv by georgeidoni: 4:55pm On May 12, 2013
I am sure members of the forum that are subscribed to GOTV will notice lately that some channels - CNN, Blitz, SET, Africa Magic and others are no longer available on their bouquet since last week. It is now categorically clear that multichoice has permanently removed these channels from GOTV subscribers after deceiving and luring them with these channels. A visit to the GOTV website confirmed this. Although no statement was made on the withdrawal of these channels, the channel list speaks otherwise. This is fraud in the highest order and should be condemned. Say no to multichoice and their fraud called GOTV!!!!
Re: Multichoice And Their Fraud Called Gotv by yoddy(m): 5:35pm On May 12, 2013
georgeidoni: I am sure members of the forum that are subscribed to GOTV will notice lately that some channels - CNN, Blitz, SET, Africa Magic and others are no longer available on their bouquet since last week. It is now categorically clear that multichoice has permanently removed these channels from GOTV subscribers after deceiving and luring them with these channels. A visit to the GOTV website confirmed this. Although no statement was made on the withdrawal of these channels, the channel list speaks otherwise. This is fraud in the highest order and should be condemned. Say no to multichoice and their fraud called GOTV!!!!

Dude, verify before you make accusations. I am a GOTV subscriber and haven't experienced what you highlighted. Infact, my favorite channels are SET, CNN n Blitz. You might want to rescan your decoder for the channels.
Re: Multichoice And Their Fraud Called Gotv by georgeidoni: 4:58pm On May 13, 2013
yoddy:

Dude, verify before you make accusations. I am a GOTV subscriber and haven't experienced what you highlighted. Infact, my favorite channels are SET, CNN n Blitz. You might want to rescan your decoder for the channels.

I am very certain of my information. The highlighted stations are no longer accessible to a lot of people right now. I am sure its just a matter of time before yours will be off-the-air too. Visit the gotvafrica website to view the channel lineup. you will see that CNN, Blitz, SET, Nageowild, and others are no longer in the lineup. They only used those channels to lure people into subscribing, now they have got them, they can do what ever they like. I will definitely dump their service like a piece of shit. Without those channels, there is nothing attractive about gotv
Re: Multichoice And Their Fraud Called Gotv by onthefence: 12:35pm On May 16, 2013
CNN, Blitz, Africa Magic and SET are still on.
Re: Multichoice And Their Fraud Called Gotv by edoreedore(m): 8:03pm On Aug 07, 2013
It is a fraud, too angry to comment
Re: Multichoice And Their Fraud Called Gotv by delighttt(m): 7:35am On Aug 08, 2013
I've been experiencing thesame problem since last week. I've called their customer care centre twice and they confirmed that they have a technical problem which they are trying to resolve. This is the text message I got from them yesterday. "Dear valued GOgetter, we are currently experiencing some interference with our broadcast transmissions in Lagos, resulting in the loss of signals on some of our channels. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Our technical team is working tirelessly to resolve the issues at the shortest possible time. GOtv'.
My opinion- I think they may be increasing their tarriff soon and all the channels will be available at a higher cost. I hope we will be compensated for this lapse.
Re: Multichoice And Their Fraud Called Gotv by bosunjohns(m): 5:50pm On Aug 11, 2013
I also subscribed for three months and for about 2 weeks now, I have not been able to watch any stations. When I reset and scan again, It only brings out three local channels. Its frustrating.
Re: Multichoice And Their Fraud Called Gotv by Johnnny(m): 6:04pm On Aug 14, 2013
Same here, I have not been getting channels on my GOTV for a couple of weeks now!

I called their office to complain, I was told I have to make sure the signal strength of my antenna
must be above 45% for me to scan and get the channnels.

I have bought extra cables, paid technician, move the antenna to the highest possible position to no avail, it is not going above 30%.

Please, if anybody has same problem and have resolved it somehow, please put me through! My subscription is burning awway o.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report)
Re: Multichoice And Their Fraud Called Gotv by delighttt(m): 8:33pm On Aug 14, 2013
All the channels are back for me. Not so sure its as a result of the mail and phone calls I made..
Re: Multichoice And Their Fraud Called Gotv by taioluv: 10:05pm On Aug 14, 2013
I went to Dstv to complain dat I renew my subcription last week on GoTV I can only watch is MTVbase only one station,no sonymax,no SET,no natgeowild especially Nickoledeon is off(na dat one make me vex due to my penguins of madaga....),d guy I met said dat Nickoledeon n SonnyMax get problem bt no fit explain d rest, ihe told me to check ma signal strength n so on

I ask for dia decorder for DSTV,he told me is 30,650 dat dey are runnin a promo....mtscheww

dos DSTV r thieves na nigeria alone dey make dia profit plenty die after dis subscription no more
Re: Multichoice And Their Fraud Called Gotv by tunde300us(m): 4:44am On Aug 15, 2013
Guys i have stopped paying for my GOTV since last week oh,all the stations except very few isnt showing nd why wld i pay for this rubbish
Re: Multichoice And Their Fraud Called Gotv by deb(m): 11:22am On Aug 15, 2013
I think they have resolved whatever problems they were facing. It was purely a technical issue as my mother now get all her gotv channels clean-clear
Re: Multichoice And Their Fraud Called Gotv by kayfuture: 8:11pm On Aug 15, 2013
I really don't think you're really sure of GOTV rectifying their problems as at these moment! Am still able to view 19 unnecessary stations instead of †ђe 30+ stations initially on †ђe bouquet! God pass them
Re: Multichoice And Their Fraud Called Gotv by Yomboy4ever(m): 2:40am On Sep 18, 2013
delighttt: I've been experiencing thesame problem since last week. I've called their customer care centre twice and they confirmed that they have a technical problem which they are trying to resolve. This is the text message I got from them yesterday. "Dear valued GOgetter, we are currently experiencing some interference with our broadcast transmissions in Lagos, resulting in the loss of signals on some of our channels. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Our technical team is working tirelessly to resolve the issues at the shortest possible time. GOtv'.
My opinion- I think they may be increasing their tarriff soon and all the channels will be available at a higher cost. I hope we will be compensated for this lapse.

Pls can u give me the customer care number? I need to make a complain too. They cut me off even after paying bfor due date. Thanks
Re: Multichoice And Their Fraud Called Gotv by Johnnny(m): 6:25pm On Sep 18, 2013
mine is rectified already o, thank God
Re: Multichoice And Their Fraud Called Gotv by matos(m): 2:38pm On Sep 19, 2013
My dongle still rocks na serving beta than Gotv
Re: Multichoice And Their Fraud Called Gotv by xinxon: 7:56pm On Mar 04, 2016
Its true gotv is a scam, if you ever try the self care service online you will notice it or give a try at your own risk
Re: Multichoice And Their Fraud Called Gotv by xinxon: 8:00pm On Mar 04, 2016
It is a scam, users be warned.
Re: Multichoice And Their Fraud Called Gotv by taosowo: 8:39pm On Mar 05, 2016
pls can someone activate my gotv for me I have try all possible means my cu is 4601522504 Lagos
Re: Multichoice And Their Fraud Called Gotv by Deejaygold(m): 2:01pm On Aug 21, 2018
Gotv & dstv sub

(1) (Reply)

New Csat C8 Pro With Wifi Stick - 8.5k / I Need A Smart LNB For DSTV Installation / P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.