Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Issues With This Landlord Pls Advice - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Issues With This Landlord Pls Advice (1118 Views)

Living The Life In Lekki: How To Become A Lekki Landlord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Issues With This Landlord Pls Advice by solid3(m): 9:36pm On May 12, 2013
Hello Nairalanders,

I rented a room out of a 2bedroom flat 2yrs ago, I paid cash to the guy (son of the owner of the house) on 28th of May 2011 and he said I shld come d followin Tuesday to collect d tenancy agreement, I went but he said he dint write anythin o, went d next day, same thing dat, I shld come collect d key on 1st June and den I moved in on 6th June.

Now I got trapped in d house n cld not pay for d second year, Why?

Few weeks after I entered d hosue, water from d bathroom filled my room overnight, I woke up 2:30am and I was in waters, my boss laptop was soaked and I lost valuables. When I told him on phne cos he travled, he was laughing.

From then, my boss began delaying my salary till I left d job. On several other ocassions, water has always eneterd my room. The house is an upsatir and water pressure may not be high enough to get water up, so d tap may be fogoten and left open, now instead of water to flow out, it will fill up my room.

So dis guy was always puttin pressure on me to pay d rent till he talked and talked, I had to kneel down to beg. As if that was not enough, he said, he had to sell all he had in Lagos to pay his rent, that he only had his matrass left in his room. I had to sell my decoder yet he said I have not done anything yet.

Before the end of April this year, he has been asking me to pack out, the stress was too much I had to pack out to the new place I got on friday 10th May. Before I left, I ensured I payed him d 150k rent.

Now d guy is askin dat I pay his 10k being Nepa and water bill of which I never saw a single reciept of d once I have paid to him, I told him I dont hav and he said for the next 10yrs, he (not me) will suffer for not paying d 10k, Now, I hav packed out and he has given me a fresh altimatum tru text message (btw yesterday to wednesday) to pay d 10k.

What shld I do pls?
Re: Issues With This Landlord Pls Advice by dominique(f): 3:37pm On May 13, 2013
I suppose you've learnt the hard way that you don't hastily rent an apartment without making proper findings about the landlord. As far as I'm concerned, the guy is only making empty threats. If he involves the police, he'll come out the gulity party (assuming the case is judged fairly). The minute you vacated his property, the bills are no longer your responsibility. A rebonsible landlord will clear all the bills and make necessary renovations before the next tennant moves in.
Re: Issues With This Landlord Pls Advice by solid3(m): 4:22pm On May 13, 2013
Thanks bro, but what shld I do as he keeps sending me text? What shld I tell him when he calls on wednesday?
Re: Issues With This Landlord Pls Advice by femmy2010(m): 9:19am On May 14, 2013
*solid*:
Thanks bro, but what shld I do as he keeps sending me text? What shld I tell him when he calls on wednesday?

Simply ignore him and his messages.
Re: Issues With This Landlord Pls Advice by solid3(m): 9:58am On May 14, 2013
femmy2010:

Simply ignore him and his messages.

will do just that. I'm just so angry, I feel like strangling him.

(1) (Reply)

Cctv Installation Done With Picturesss..we Do It Nicely!! Call Us!!! 08051355133 / Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / Executive Mansion For Sale In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.