Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,660 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee (37605 Views)

Eniola Wright Graduates From US AirForce Academy / Afrocandy's Daughter Graduates From US School (pics) / Omotola's Daughter, Meraiah Graduates From Secondary School (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by DICKtator: 5:59pm On May 13, 2013
topeorekoy: Abibat Tinubu is the former Lagos State Governor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, she recently graduated from Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts, United States.

Dad, Mum and sister were all there to celebrate with her.

http://topeorekoya..com/2013/05/photos-bola-ahmed-tinubus-last-daughter.html
How come with the bolded? undecided undecided undecided undecided
You mean he re-incarnated to a woman just to get a degree?
Abibat is the same as Bola Ahmed?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by Reyspin(m): 6:10pm On May 13, 2013
Some will say they are progressive... Its dere money dey can do woteva wiv it... Nigerian school ix not suitable for their kidz... They are not in the federal level so they mite not b able to influence d education sector (LASU nko)... Do you have any evidence d money he used in enrollin his kids in foreign institutions was stolen
Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by iwanchop(m): 6:17pm On May 13, 2013
Lawalemi: Is she the best graduating student in the school. If not, she has got no point

OMG! See mentality
Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by Mcleo007(m): 6:19pm On May 13, 2013
Urine: I don't understand this? What's the big deal about studying abroad? I attended a good school in the UK and non of my course mates was a child of a political office holder, tuition was paid by our parents and most of us are from average families,other guys were on scholarships. Moral of my story? If your parents can't afford to send you abroad, work had so you can win a scholarship and stop wasting your time on this thread.

I see you fail to pick the point people are trying to make on this thread, and I know why. You misplace fortune for opportunity. Those two, although are conjectures in relative senses, mean different things altogether. Yes, you schooled abroad, nobody has a problem with that, and many of your colleagues like yourself were of average homes. That's fair enough. Now, the point you missed centers on leadership and position. Leadership or being in position of leading others come at a price. The price is leading an exemplary life, owning up to the ideals that benefit all. If you know you have nothing to contribute to the common lot, do not show your face. That is the problem with politics in this part of the world. The leaders see themselves as demi-gods and view doing their functions as serving privileges to the people who elected them into office. How many times do you hear Obama or David Cameron commission a project? Those things are elementary and hardly spoken of. But here, our culture of celebrating mediocrity continue to prevail. The leaders see any thing they do as privilege to the people and not them exercising the function of why they are in position.

3 of my siblings did school abroad. And yes, my parents are not politicians. They simply struggled to raise us the way they could afford to. My siblings who schooled abroad do not in any way feel they are better than i am, nor consider me inferior to them. We live our lives for ourselves. There is no problem schooling abroad, afterall, there are many
british people who school in the US and other European countries. What we are simply outlining borders on leadership by example. These people are aware of the rot in the system and do not see any need to address them. They let it be, despite it being their duty to cob. Why then should they exempt their own children? Practice what you preach IS THE GOLDEN RULE.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by fluteman: 6:22pm On May 13, 2013
As usual, 80% of the people whining are from across the river! why are this people so obsessed with anything southwest? i dunno.

Enugu State governor just bought his daughter in law a range rover, for marrying his son who schooled in Coventry England, we didn't here a sound. What the hell is the big deal in schooling abroad. For your info, Tinubu was a top staff of a major oil company before entering into politics and can afford to send his children anywhere, without needing government funds. why are Ibos so insecure and go ballistic on southwest leaders when they have the weakest and clueless leaders in the country, SMH

Get a grip of yourselves and hold your leaders accountable before facing others....anumanus
Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 13, 2013
[quote author=Mcleo007]

Late last year two FUTO geology undergrads floored top UK and US msc and phd stdnts at a world geophysics competition held in USA, and over the years nigerian grads have always topped their grad school classes..
Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by Pontaboki: 6:41pm On May 13, 2013
Symphony007: Why is'nt your daughter graduating from lasu? After all fahola is "eko oni baje" governour has made it world class...oh, i forgot. He has not, same with you as governour. Progressive my ass!!
On Point.
Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by Pontaboki: 6:43pm On May 13, 2013
fluteman: As usual, 80% of the people whining are from across the river! why are this people so obsessed with anything southwest? i dunno.

Enugu State governor just bought his daughter in law a range rover, for marrying his son who schooled in Coventry England, we didn't here a sound. What the hell is the big deal in schooling abroad. For your info, Tinubu was a top staff of a major oil company before entering into politics and can afford to send his children anywhere, without needing government funds. why are Ibos so insecure and go ballistic on southwest leaders when they have the weakest and clueless leaders in the country, SMH

Get a grip of yourselves and hold your leaders accountable before facing others....anumanus
You mean Tinubu wrote aptitude test and passed?or he did EXPO 77 to enter there.
Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by anonimi: 6:50pm On May 13, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt: Who said this guy will be arrested if he ever stepped foot in America grin grin grin

Those are people who do not understand the American criminal law system.
Tinubu understands and opted to forfeit the proceeds of drug business in his account
rather than have a long trial and judgement that will DEFINITELY tarnish his name. Nevertheless his name remains tarnished due to the forfeiture but no legal record will be kept of his guilt.

Sahara Reporters has obtained original copies of a judgement in the case of United States v Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the former governor of Lagos State, in which Bola Tinubu was charged (along with other defendants) in a case of massive drug trafficking and money laundering. This judgement directly relates to (and further documents) the September 16, 2008 "How U.S Federal Agents succesfully Linked Bola Tinubu to drug Trafficking Ring in Chicago" report by Sahara Reporters

Snippets of the case and subsequent judgement are presented below. The complete document (VERY LARGE pdf file - 4mb) can be downloaded at the end of this report.

The United States of America, by its attorney, Michael J. Shepard, United States Attorney for Northern District of Illinois, for its verified complaint of forfeiture, states as follows:

1. This is a FORFEITURE action under 21 U.S.C , ss88 and 18, ss 981,
2. The DEFENDANT funds are located in the above-described accounts and were SEIZED pursuant to PROCESS ISSUED BY THIS COURT,
4, beginning as early as 1998, Adegboyega Mueez Akande, WITH OTHERS OPERATED a organiszation (sic) which DISTRIBUTED WHITE HEROIN, a controlled substance under Title 21 of the United States Code.
5, this DISTRIBUTION OPERATION was conducted on a LARGE SCALE and the PROCEEDS of the operation SUBSTANTIAL. The defendant funds represent proceeds of this OPERATION of property involved in MONEY LAUNDERING.
6, the defendant funds represent proceeds of NARCOTICS TRAFFICKING , and , MONEY LAUNDERING, the funds are therefore FOREFEITABLE to the United States,

[size=13pt]JUDGEMENT:
j, Neither a claim nor answer has been filed on behalf of the defendant funds , accordingly, it hereby
ORDERED that the funds in the AMOUNT of $460,000 in account, in the name of BOLA TINUBU represents proceeds of NARCOTICS or were involved in financial transactions in violation of 18 U.S.C ss 1956 and 1957 and therefore these funds are forfeit to the United States,
[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/613888/bola-tinubus-heroin-tainted-assets-forfeiture

That is the way of the superman don who can deal with the dumb-asses in PDP while enslaving and stealing from the MUGU-cious residents of Lagos and other SW states with propaganda fuelled cheap & cheerful performance.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by anonimi: 6:58pm On May 13, 2013
fluteman:
Enugu State governor just bought his daughter in law a range rover, for marrying his son who schooled in Coventry England, we didn't here a sound.

So how did you know if "we didn't hear a sound"
Abi you be winch?

BTW, the SE & SS people should be concerned how any state or LGA in Nigeria is spending government money since they are ALL largely financed from federal allocation from Niger Delta oil.
Hope you can understand that simple logic

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 13, 2013
romanlaw: But for record purposes, GEJ's children are studying here in Nigeria. ( good leadership example) and what do u expect Tifnubu's daugher to read....she be Olodo like her father.
ehn?!?!?! for wich school dem dey study?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 13, 2013
somebody actually thinks music is easy to study. undecided

smh @ nigerian education.
Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 13, 2013
anonimi:

So how did you know if "we didn't hear a sound"
Abi you be winch?

BTW, the SE & SS people should be concerned how any state or LGA in Nigeria is spending government money since they are ALL largely financed from federal allocation from Niger Delta oil.
Hope you can understand that simple logic

i guess you're one of those people who know of nothing besides oil.
Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by lekeodumuyiwa: 7:11pm On May 13, 2013
Congrats Abibat.Wishing you all the best in your music career.
Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by Hartarmah(m): 7:16pm On May 13, 2013
i dont think we should continue in our quick to talk and slow to act attitude.Whether we like it or not we cannot continue to be blaming this polithiefcians cus they are doing what is right in their face neglecting the public but i should remind you or call your attention to this that if Nigerians continue in this attitude,we can neva get anywia with this attitude.All we must do is to stand to act,stand to talk,stand to ask questions and let them answer us but they do not know that this dia generation cannot strife to enjoy all the money they r looting from us bcus of insecurity,unemployment,power failure,corruption etc they fail to tackle nw as it will bounce back on their children.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by anonimi: 7:16pm On May 13, 2013
tpia.:

i guess you're one of those people who know of nothing besides oil.

You mean you actually know one-track, single minded simpletons like yourself
You go try go front small for see others like you, me I nor dey una group, you hear

Maybe you need to read up on what % of Nigeria revenue, forex earnings and GDP is from oil and then you come back here so we can discuss seriously.
Deal
Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 13, 2013
^like i said, you know of nothing besides oil, it seems.

well, if that works for you then kudos.
Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 13, 2013
@ topic

for those who dont know, most music students are brilliant.
Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by favinvest: 7:31pm On May 13, 2013
d leaders don't believe in a future great Nigeria. Its d poor masses dat re saying e go beta 4 naija.

Let me advice:-
(1) Pray for Nigeria (incase God remember naija)
(2) Make millions if nt billions
(3) Start making plans for escape route out of this country for ur family (like study abroad;emigration; even if na Ghana; Namibia; canada etc)
(4) While u dat remained also have ur own escape plans in place incase anything casala burst in future.

Why I advice u 2 remain.. Its cos u ve a better chances of making more millions or billions in Nigeria via government approved illegally means...

This is my strategy.
Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by anonimi: 7:49pm On May 13, 2013
tpia.:
^like i said, you know of nothing besides oil, it seems.

well, if that works for you then kudos.

And there I was thinking you would prove my earlier assertion that you are one track simpleton seeking others like yourself.
Did I cut you too much slack
This wan wey you dey defend music study so much, abi na music you sef dey study for obodo oyinbo land?

[b]BTW, if our yoruba leaders REALLY mean their bravado talk about true FISCAL FEDERALISM let them renounce federal allocation from Niger Delta's oil wealth and rely on their much vaunted IGR and locally generated VAT. Then we will know they are not doing typical omo eko/yoruba shakara (empty bluffing). The massive achievemnts of Chief Jeremiah Obafemi Awolowo in just six years (1954-1960) as Western region premier some 60 years ago were done with only agricultural revenue WITHOUT federal aka Niger Delta oil revenue.

Meanwhile it is good to note that the real progressives of Awolowo, Jakande, Bola Ige, Ambrose Alli etc focused on mass education leading to dominance of the SW plus Bendel state of the academics, civil service, parastatals and organised private sector (OPS) unlike the current crop of scammers masquerading as progressives who are nothing but AKOTILETAs (prodigal sons).[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by mancol(m): 7:54pm On May 13, 2013
Mcleo007: Dad is a former governor of the nation's foremost state (served 2 terms = 8yrs) and a leading politician; Mum is a serving Senator of the republic. Child schooled in far away United States. And yet, you tell me this god damned country will ever be good! I must be cursed to be believe in a future Nigeria. Our education is wallowing in continous rot and filth, yet this polithiefcians are staking claim to our collective intelligence. Shame on every Nigerian. All we ever do is pray and hope. How a few people can hold an entire country into captivity still beats my wonder. undecided embarassed

take it or leave it, ur comment is a picturesque of what the ordinary Nigeian attitude as well as fate represents. And it is indeed a shame we cannot be dug out of the seeming incacerated boundary of limited reasoning and thought which we seem to eschew. So sad bros!
Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by RICHBOI2(f): 7:58pm On May 13, 2013
[quote author=Mcleo007]Dad is a former governor of the nation's foremost state (served 2 terms = 8yrs) and a leading politician; Mum is a serving Senator of the republic. Child schooled in far away United States. And yet, you tell me this god damned country will ever be good! I must be cursed to be believe in a future Nigeria. Our education is wallowing in continous rot and filth, yet this polithiefcians are staking claim to our collective intelligence. Shame on every Nigerian. All we ever do is pray and hope. How a few people can hold an entire country into captivity still beats my wonder. undecided embarassed[/quo
God bless you for speaking out the truth.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 13, 2013
Lucky daughter of an accomplished Thief. I wonder which of her father's numerous high-value proceeds of lootocracy she would inherit. Ikeja Mall (Shoprite)? Oriental Hotel? Rennaisance Hotel? GET Arena? LCC? ABC? etc etc etc. . . Or perhaps a few of the multi-billion choice properties scattered all over Lagos, Abuja, and the South west?

Anyhow, she is 'lucky' indeed. How appropriate that she went to a music school. She would do a lot of singing to the bank.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by Dawdy(m): 8:20pm On May 13, 2013
I no dey blame dem (politicians) sake of sey dem send pikins go obodo oyinbo study. No b dis naija we dey again wey kidnapping don become business?
Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by moshmusth(m): 8:27pm On May 13, 2013
cutierashy: aℓℓ dier children are neither I̶̲̥̅̊N̶̲̥̅̊ D̶̲̥̅̊. States or I̶̲̥̅̊N̶̲̥̅̊ D̶̲̥̅̊. Uk,aπϑ we say dis country W̶̲̥̅̊i̶̲̥̅̊l̶̲̥̅̊l̶̲̥̅̊ survive,survive M̶̲̥̅Ɣ foot maybe I̶̲̥̅̊N̶̲̥̅̊ M̶̲̥̅Ɣ great great great grand children time.awon ole,onyara,omo ale jatijati

You really need to re-sit for Jamb or else I fear for this Future generation
Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by Mercury3000: 8:41pm On May 13, 2013
She graduated fro College of 'Music' not Harvard Law School, Calm down my people
Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by NovusHomo(m): 8:52pm On May 13, 2013
Former what is she exactly? Former Lagos State governor or former Asiwaju Bola Tinubu?
topeorekoy: Abibat Tinubu is the former Lagos State Governor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, she recently graduated from Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts, United States.

Dad, Mum and sister were all there to celebrate with her.

http://topeorekoya..com/2013/05/photos-bola-ahmed-tinubus-last-daughter.html
Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by gwas(m): 8:56pm On May 13, 2013
That girl is beautiful! Black and shine. Congratulations
Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by Occurstaem(m): 8:59pm On May 13, 2013
Mcleo007: Dad is a former governor of the nation's foremost state (served 2 terms = 8yrs) and a leading politician; Mum is a serving Senator of the republic. Child schooled in far away United States. And yet, you tell me this god damned country will ever be good! I must be cursed to be believe in a future Nigeria. Our education is wallowing in continous rot and filth, yet this polithiefcians are staking claim to our collective intelligence. Shame on every Nigerian. All we ever do is pray and hope. How a few people can hold an entire country into captivity still beats my wonder. undecided embarassed
It is school of music.Okay, please stop misleading people.
Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by Mcleo007(m): 9:21pm On May 13, 2013
Occurstæm:
It is school of music.Okay, please stop misleading people.

How different is a school of music from a school nursing? Tuitions are paid in every school. Or did she win a scholarship to the school? You are the one trying to mislead people.
Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 13, 2013
Those of you going on and on about her degree in Music
She just needs a degree in anything and maybe music happens to be her passion
SHe is not looking for job at Zenith bank or UBA wink
So you suffer heads can take it
Her daddy has amassed all the wealth she needs in life and is still getting more while the momma dey one corner dey siphon her own
All she needs is a job as member of board of director in one of her father's businesses
And millions will be pouring her direction

Instead of you men to be hating ,start looking for how to make her your Mrs grin so that your shuffering will end

* waka shege to Lagos state* is their song of victory grin grin grin

Progressing progressively!!! grin
Re: Tinubu's Daughter Abibat Graduates From Berklee by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 13, 2013
she will soon come n rule mayb frm chairmanship, God will punish them one after d other, he must b in support fir fashola increasing lasu sch fees.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Janemena Celebrates Fiancé's Birthday With Sexy Video, Celebrities, Fans React / Toyin Abraham Transforms Into Bearded Man (Photo) / Yvonne Nelson Mocks AMVCA:"Most Awards In Africa Is ‘Who They Cool With Awards"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.