Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,527 members, 7,801,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. (8855 Views)

Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge / Kano APC In Disarray, Kwankwasiya Movment To Support Jonathan / Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by EkoAtlantic: 12:54pm On May 13, 2013
By Emma Okonji

Lagos State Commissioner for Science and Technology, Fatai Mabadeje, has said the state will roll out more fibre optic cables to address the increasing population of the state.
Mabadeje who dropped the hint at the recent ministerial press briefing in Lagos, puts the current population of Lagos residents at over 21 million, but said the number would jump to 25 million by 2015, going by the high rate of migration of people into Lagos.
According to him, the present infrastructure in the area of fibre optic would not sustain the growing population of Lagos, hence the need for additional fibre optic cable rollout that would boost broadband penetration in the state.
In the area of education, the commissioner said the state was able to set up an e-learning centre designed to improve the quality of education in all institutions of learning. "The e-learning centre seeks to improve access to information for various research activities and serves as a hub to stimulate innovations and entrepreneurship," he said.

Features of the centre include e-library facilities for children and adults, e-books and reference library, science exhibition hall, meeting rooms and video conferencing facilities.

He listed upcoming projects of the state to include the establishment of forensic laboratory, the renewable energy initiatives, and the Lagos smart city project among others.

According to him, the state government had approved the establishment of a world-class forensic laboratory to assist the security agencies and judiciary in properly investigating crimes and bringing the perpetrators to book. Its features are purpose-built crime laboratory, purpose-built forensic laboratory and data centre for easy retrieval of collected evidence or data.

The renewable energy initiatives space is a totality off-grid sustainable workforce workspace and mobile solar generator made up of four major components, he said, adding that the Lagos smart city is being proposed as a more intelligent way of managing the States' resources as a global city where technology, collaboration and networking connects everyone, everywhere. A pilot of the concept known as i-HQ has been approved and will be implemented over the next twelve months in Yaba area of the state, Mabadeje said.

He listed some of its benefits to include stimulating innovation and creating a platform to encourage commercially innovative ideas.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-to-support-increasing-population-with-fibre-optic-cables/147336/

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by ekoileee: 1:01pm On May 13, 2013
Finally, we are getting credible forensic laboratory.

Love my logos no be small..

Ilu Eko o ni baje o.
Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by EkoAtlantic: 1:02pm On May 13, 2013
current population of Lagos residents at over 21 million, but said the number would jump to 25 million by 2015, going by the high rate of migration of people into Lagos

angry so many illegal immigrants. Lagos passport should be considered.
Must everybody live in Lagos?!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by EkoAtlantic: 1:03pm On May 13, 2013
eko ileee: Ilu Eko o ni baje o.

Which one be eko ileee?
cheesy
Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by ekoileee: 1:05pm On May 13, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

Which one be eko ileee?
cheesy

He's a very good friend of mine.... Lmao
Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by ekoileee: 1:08pm On May 13, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

We are going to thin out the illegal and migrant workers slowly but surely...

One of the many reason why they are getting the forensic lab...
Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by EkoAtlantic: 1:13pm On May 13, 2013
^^
Better... Imagine, from 21million in 2013 to 25million in 2015!
Mehn! in that tiny Lagos angry

Deportation is damn essential undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by phantom(m): 1:19pm On May 13, 2013
lol...lunatics!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by EkoAtlantic: 1:26pm On May 13, 2013
^^
Just like your father
Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by phantom(m): 1:40pm On May 13, 2013
You guys remind me of junkies....lol.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by yuzedo: 2:19pm On May 13, 2013
huh?! how will cable TV controlle poppulatetion?!?!?!?!?!!? undecided we give uppppp!!!!!! angry

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 13, 2013
21million people? haba why these people like pulling figures anyhow na sad

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by javipee: 2:21pm On May 13, 2013
Eko Atlantic: ^^
Better... Imagine, from 21million in 2013 to 25million in 2015!
Mehn! in that tiny Lagos angry

Deportation is damn essential undecided

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by vizboy(m): 2:24pm On May 13, 2013
I NO GO SCH REACH

ABEG WETIN BE Fibre-Optic Cables.
Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by Tinyemeka(m): 2:24pm On May 13, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

You this dude and your posts... smiley So predictable.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by Acidosis(m): 2:25pm On May 13, 2013
9jadelta: 21million people? haba why these people like pulling figures anyhow na sad

hahahahahahahaha grin grin

Like Lagos is the only city in Nigeria grin

25million ko, 55 billion ni... Lmao!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by Lilimax(f): 2:28pm On May 13, 2013
Who are the true Lagosians?
Seems that everyone is claiming to be a Lagosian just because you
understand Yoruba language and live in Lagos?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by Acidosis(m): 2:28pm On May 13, 2013
Tinyemeka:

You this dude and your posts... smiley So predictable.

In own pass Fashola wey be Governor grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by Delafruita(m): 2:28pm On May 13, 2013
Acidosis:

hahahahahahahaha grin grin

Like Lagos is the only city in Nigeria grin

25million ko, 55 billion ni... Lmao!!
whats your estimate?
Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by lifestyle1(m): 2:29pm On May 13, 2013
vizboy: I NO GO SCH REACH

ABEG WETIN BE Fibre-Optic Cables.

http://www.google.com make sure you add s after http undecided
Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by lifestyle1(m): 2:30pm On May 13, 2013
Lilimax: Who are the true Lagosian?

I didn't see your mail
Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by Chubhie: 2:31pm On May 13, 2013
My first impression- when cable contain fiber pass corn.
Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by Acidosis(m): 2:32pm On May 13, 2013
Lilimax: Who are the true Lagosian?

hahaahahahahaha... God bless you... grin

Like everyone who speak correct pidgin na warri person..

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by Acidosis(m): 2:33pm On May 13, 2013
Delafruita:
whats your estimate?

Lets say 12-14million
Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by sanandreas(m): 2:33pm On May 13, 2013
i wish my own governor is doing well like fashola. We are so rich but no developement stride @ all. We miss ibori.
Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by yeboyes: 2:36pm On May 13, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

[size=15pt]Eko ,i am a bit confused.If Lagos has fiber optic cables does this mean Lagos has ADSL? I was under the impression that Nigeria no longer has landl lines and that the only internet available is wireless in the form of 3G. Please advise.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by ochukoccna: 2:37pm On May 13, 2013
EKO O NI BAJE O!
See a government that thinks and is working
Haters gonna burn cheesy

yeboyes:

[size=15pt]Eko ,i am a bit confused.If Lagos has fiber optic cables does this mean Lagos has ADSL? I was under the impression that Nigeria no longer has landl lines and that the only internet available is wireless in the form of 3G. Please advise.[/size]
Fiber is faster and ultimately cheaper on the long run cool
Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by Lilimax(f): 2:38pm On May 13, 2013
life_style:

I didn't see your mail
wtf
Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by ojofree: 2:45pm On May 13, 2013
Eko Atlantic:
According to him, the present infrastructure in the area of fibre optic would not sustain the growing population of Lagos, hence the need for additional fibre optic cable rollout that would boost broadband penetration in the state.
I don't get this, is the Lagos state government going into the business of telecommunications?
Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by yeboyes: 2:51pm On May 13, 2013
ochukoccna: EKO O NI BAJE O!
See a government that thinks and is working
Haters gonna burn cheesy

Fiber is faster and ultimately cheaper on the long run cool

[size=15pt]I know fibre is faster ,i am just trying to confirm if Lagos has ADSL. If Lagos does have direct ADSL ,i will like to know which ADSL vendors offer the service as i have searched the internet and can't find one who does.There is a difference between having fibre optic cable to power GSM towers and having fibre optic cables directly connected to your land line.I use ADSL 24-7 in my country of residence and average 15MB per second so i am looking for any service provider in Nigeria who can match that speed[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 13, 2013
My school has fibre for a population of 3K+.....my school oni ba jeeeee

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by phantom(m): 3:00pm On May 13, 2013
yeboyes:

[size=15pt]I know fibre is faster ,i am just trying to confirm if Lagos has ADSL. If Lagos does have direct ADSL ,i will like to know which ADSL vendors offer the service as i have searched the internet and can't find one who does.There is a difference between having fibre optic to power GSM tower and having fibre optic directly connected to your land line.I use ADSL 24 7 in my country of residence and average 15MB per second so i am looking any service provider in Nigeria who can match that speed[/size]
you r asking the wrong person.give him sometime to read up something on wikipedia and come up with a super intelligent answer for you...lol.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suspected Bandits Kidnap 40 Farmers In Kaduna; Six Feared Dead / Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai. / PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.