Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

Lamborgini Celebrates Its 50th Aniversary With Insane Concept Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lamborgini Celebrates Its 50th Aniversary With Insane Concept Car (2697 Views)

What Do You Think About This BMW ZX-6 Concept Car? / "Rolls-royce Apparition Concept Car" / Apple iCar And iMove Concept Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lamborgini Celebrates Its 50th Aniversary With Insane Concept Car by ba7man(m): 1:35pm On May 13, 2013
Lamborghini reveals the Egoista, A combination of 600 horsepower and carbon fibre madness to celebrate its 50th Aniversary.

Concept car designed by Walter De Silva celebrates 50 years of Lambo. Look at it!!!

Re: Lamborgini Celebrates Its 50th Aniversary With Insane Concept Car by ba7man(m): 1:47pm On May 13, 2013
Too bad the first pot-hole it meets on Nigerian roads will expose its irrelevance on our roads.....Before those Ajah-Lekki floods cover it up.......But aint it a beauty??

Re: Lamborgini Celebrates Its 50th Aniversary With Insane Concept Car by ba7man(m): 1:56pm On May 13, 2013
This is what 600bhp worth of selfishness and celebration wrapped up in aluminium, carbon fibre and anti-radar material looks like. Welcome everyone, to Lamborghini, and the new Egoista concept car. Wipe down the windows on your way in, please.

It is the offspring of VW Group design chief Walter De Silva, built especially for Lamborghini’s 50th anniversary and unveiled on the final day of the awe-inspiringGrande Giro tour through Italy (which you can follow up on TopGear.com shortly). Put simply, it is a car made purely for ego. Says De Silva: “It represents hedonism taken to the extreme. It is a car without compromises.”

Quite. Underneath sits a very modified version of the 5.2-litre V10 from the Gallardo, here tweaked to produce 600bhp, sitting underneath a simply bonkers exterior styled using inspiration from an Apache helicopter. The cockpit can even be ejected in an emergency, if you so wish. Typical Lamborghini, then.

De Silva and his design team wanted Lamborghini’s famous icon to shine through the design, so the side flanks are there to represent a ‘bull preparing to charge, horns lowered’. There’s no aero on top, but flaps in the bodywork that flip open or closed automatically depending on driving conditions. There are two at the back to increase stability, and a series of intakes on the back of the engine hood to increase cooling for the V10.

There are LED clearance lights at the front in place of traditional headlights, ‘bull’s eyes’ orange side indicators, red rear lights and two more lights on the roof, with two ‘eagle eyes’ hidden in the front intakes; these are used to ‘scan the darkness for great distances’. Any intelligent aliens roaming our galaxy may mistake this Egoista in the dark as one of their own.

As mentioned, that body is made up of carbon fibre and aluminium, using aeronautical-spec antiradar material, and anti-glare glass too. Inside, there’s just a single racing seat with a four-point seatbelt, and a head-up display and steering wheel formed after longingly looking at pictures of jet fighters. And the entrance too is similarly Top Gun: there isn’t a door, but a domed roof that flips open, meaning the driver must stand up in his or her seat, swivel their legs over and literally jump out. Maverick? You had better hope so.

“It’s as if Ferruccio Lamborghini were saying, ‘I’m going to put the engine in the back, I don’t want a passenger, I want it for myself’” says De Silva about his creation.......God punish poverty.
Re: Lamborgini Celebrates Its 50th Aniversary With Insane Concept Car by Fhemmmy: 3:13pm On May 13, 2013
Kai, you scare me oh, i never knew was a concept ride, i thought it is already on the street . . . tongue
Re: Lamborgini Celebrates Its 50th Aniversary With Insane Concept Car by Obinnau(m): 4:12pm On May 13, 2013
God punish poverty indeed my brother!
Re: Lamborgini Celebrates Its 50th Aniversary With Insane Concept Car by ba7man(m): 10:32pm On May 13, 2013
Fhemmmy: Kai, you scare me oh, i never knew was a concept ride, i thought it is already on the street . . . tongue
I wouldn't mind if they make it. They need radical "halo" cars like this since Mclaren and Ferrari are currently miles ahead of Lamborghini in term of technology. They would be more concerned making their SUV instead. Comming soon 2015. Mr Fhemmmy, start saving towards this one instead.

Re: Lamborgini Celebrates Its 50th Aniversary With Insane Concept Car by ba7man(m): 10:36pm On May 13, 2013
Obinnau: God punish poverty indeed my brother!
Aaaaaaaaaaamen!!!!!
Re: Lamborgini Celebrates Its 50th Aniversary With Insane Concept Car by Fhemmmy: 11:36pm On May 13, 2013
I really need the indeed blessings from God oh . . .
Re: Lamborgini Celebrates Its 50th Aniversary With Insane Concept Car by ba7man(m): 9:44am On May 14, 2013
Fhemmmy: I really need the indeed blessings from God oh . . .
That Lambo badge is not too far off from ownership. The Lamborghini Urus SUV will share its platform and engine with the next generation Audi Q7 and Bentley Falcon. It makes it a possible proposition to own and run in Nigeria. 0-100km/h is most likely going to be in 4.5 seconds so Third Mainland bridge full speed blasts will be very possible.
Re: Lamborgini Celebrates Its 50th Aniversary With Insane Concept Car by Fhemmmy: 5:33pm On May 14, 2013
ba7man: I wouldn't mind if they make it. They need radical "halo" cars like this since Mclaren and Ferrari are currently miles ahead of Lamborghini in term of technology. They would be more concerned making their SUV instead. Comming soon 2015. Mr Fhemmmy, start saving towards this one instead.

Chairman, all these machines are what made a man wanna keep doing more and make money, God will surely do am oh.
Re: Lamborgini Celebrates Its 50th Aniversary With Insane Concept Car by Fhemmmy: 5:34pm On May 14, 2013
ba7man: That Lambo badge is not too far off from ownership. The Lamborghini Urus SUV will share its platform and engine with the next generation Audi Q7 and Bentley Falcon. It makes it a possible proposition to own and run in Nigeria. 0-100km/h is most likely going to be in 4.5 seconds so Third Mainland bridge full speed blasts will be very possible.

Now we are talking . . . tongue

(1) (Reply)

I Need Verification On Car Loans. / Accident Involving Benz And Kekenapep At Gwarinpa (graphic Picture ) / The Glory Of Airplanes And The Differences Between Them!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.