Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,840 members, 7,806,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Do You Think The Banning Of BB In Nigeria Will Work Out? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do You Think The Banning Of BB In Nigeria Will Work Out? (534 Views)

Whatsapp Now Permanently Banning 3rd Party App Users. / Procedure On How I Rooted And Changed My Gionee P2s Imei To That Of Bb / Is Airtel Unlimited Subscription To Whatsapp Independent Of BB Package (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Think The Banning Of BB In Nigeria Will Work Out? by dotun4luv(m): 4:24pm On May 13, 2013
Do you think the Banning of BB in Nigeria will work out?
Re: Do You Think The Banning Of BB In Nigeria Will Work Out? by bobdobbs: 1:43am On May 14, 2013
All governments want to snoop on the phones. If you don't want police or government snooping then get an Android phone, and install Redphone + Textsecure for encrypted voice and text (Free). It's better than blackberry, because BB will hand over your info to Nigerian authorities I wouldn't trust them. BB is also using a single encryption key, with Android you use your own encryption key nobody else has access to it.

Be sure to encrypt your phone too. Pick a large password, then reboot phone. So you don't have to type in giant password everytime you want to unlock the screen, download a 3rd party screen unlocker from google play store (free). Install it and now you can pick a short unlock design, and if you reboot phone it's still encrypted, so have to enter long password.

They won't ban blackberry, India threatened the same thing and then BlackBerry gave them a snooping key so they can unlock everything and read it.

(1) (Reply)

Application That Mix Music. / Guys Please Help Me Unlock My Samsung Galaxy S. Tmobile. / Youtube Blocked On Etisalat Bis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.