Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,474 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew (43229 Views)

Emir Sanusi Prays At The Tomb Of Murtala Muhammed (Pic) / Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) / Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by thrugemaster(m): 7:39pm On May 13, 2013
he that kills by the sword dies by the sword........
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 13, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Na Ojukwu prolly met him there

Who died first?

Same sin different motives

Abi o!
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by lain: 7:44pm On May 13, 2013
and put Usain Bolt to shame.... Hahahahahaha this one got me laughing . Nice one op

1 Like

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by ClitorialDept: 7:44pm On May 13, 2013
Why are Yorubas taking panadol for Murtala here?
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by owobokiri(m): 7:58pm On May 13, 2013
Clitorial.Dept.:
Why are Yorubas taking panadol for Murtala here?

Sucking furiously from Hausa/fulani behind has always been their favorite pastime

1 Like

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by Stlatyv(m): 8:00pm On May 13, 2013
obadiah777: DISCIPLINED AND PRINCIPLED MAN. FROM WHAT I READ ABOUT HIM. THE CIA KILLED HIM APPARENTLY. TOO BLACK TOO STRONG
dis same CIA was said to av kiled abacha. I fink they av a strong conection ntwrk insyd 9ja. There days ar numbered.

1 Like

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by armyofone(m): 8:00pm On May 13, 2013
Can someone post that famous song, as a lil child, I used to hear my mom singing:
Muritala Mohammed
oh Dimka oo, uwa oooooo

If anyone knows the song, post am.

May he rest in Peace.
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 13, 2013
St.latyv:
dis same CIA was said to av kiled abacha. I fink they av a strong conection ntwrk insyd 9ja. There days ar numbered.
THEY HAVE A STRONG CONNECTION NETWORK ANYWHERE THERE IS OYEL
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 13, 2013
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by Ninilowo(m): 8:07pm On May 13, 2013
DIE!; TRAITOR DIE!!!!!!!!!! U will hate this MONSTER the more when you google "1967 Counter Coup in Nigeria" and because of him, I don handle that N20 till today even my children.
HE WHO LIVES BY THE SWORD DIES BY THE SWORD EVEN HIS GENERATION TO COME.
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by ClitorialDept: 8:08pm On May 13, 2013
owobokiri:

Sucking furiously from Hausa/fulani behind has always been their favorite pastime

salad tossers u mean

1 Like

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by frodobee: 8:10pm On May 13, 2013
babyosisi: [size=18pt]An interview by the late Chief Enahoro in 1998 as he addressed a group of Igbos who questioned him on the war[/size]

One of the most contradictory facts to demonstrate the inaccuracy of Gowon’s assertion comes from Gowon’s own wartime Federal Information Commissioner and foremost Nigerian war propagandist during the civil war, Chief Anthony Enahoro. In the first few months of 1998, one Jumoke Ogunkeyede, head of the "United Committee to Save Nigeria" organized a kind of reconciliation meeting between Chief Anthony Enahoro and some Igbos in New Jersey, USA. In that meeting, and in answer to one of the questions posed to Chief Enahoro about his anti-Biafran role during the civil war, Chief Enahoro, who thankfully, is alive and well today, said in part:
[b]
"Do you really know anything about what happened during that war? I was the one that stopped late Gen. Murtala Mohammed from further massacre of innocent children and mothers. At a point when Britain refused to sell further arms to Nigeria because they had ample evidence from the Red Cross of the federal forces killing innocent civilians, I confronted Gowon with the fact and that the only way I can get Britain through my contact with their High Commissioner to resume a supply of weapon to Nigeria was that Murtala had to leave that war sector. Either Murtala leaves or I will have to leave his cabinet. Gowon told me that he is willing to call a meeting and on the condition I will be the one to confront Murtala. If there was anybody that Gowon feared so much it was Murtala Mohammed. At the meeting of the Federal Executive Council, I confronted Mohammed with elaborate evidence complete with photographs. He was livid. He could not refute them so he resorted to calling me all sorts of names prompting me to observe before the council that if he was a fine officer as he claims to be, he should not be acting the way he was acting. Needless to say that I was instrumental to his withdrawal from that sector and subsequent appointment as a minister". (See "The Nigerian and Africa" magazine, March 1998, page 10)
[/b]
From this uncoerced and uninduced testimony of Chief Enahoro, who incidentally is still alive today, one can make the following observations:

That Murtala’s genocidal campaign against the Midwestern Igbos was well known and documented by the Red Cross
That the genocide imperiled Nigerian’s ability to secure arms supply from Britain.
That in attempt to maintain British arms supply to Nigeria, Chief Enahoro confronted Gowon with this reality widely documented by the Red Cross.
That Gowon was reluctant to confront Murtala with the allegation and indeed would not confront Murtala with it unless Enahoro would do it by himself, which he did, and
That it took a threat from Enahoro to Gowon "to leave his cabinet", for Gowon to eventually address the issue and remove Murtala and commander of the 2nd infantry Division.
I must say that Enahoro’s sincerity in his testimony is commendable. Enahoro admitted that his quest to stop Murtala’s murderous campaign among the Midwestern Igbos was to save the British arms supply to Nigeria and not out of sympathy or concern for the lives of those Igbos for whatever they were worth (at least not on the record). I think that Gowon should emulate this Enahoro’s sincerity and not come 34 years later to claim that he didn’t know something he abundantly knew.

God bless you. When they speak ill of gentler soul like Prof. Achebe, i wished they had a bout with this devil of a man.

5 Likes

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by mebad(m): 8:12pm On May 13, 2013
Ahasco:

He was a tribalist I don't haye him though but I hate wat he did

Haba did u Ve to quote the whole article to comment? Na wa for u
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by ClitorialDept: 8:17pm On May 13, 2013
frodobee: God bless you. When they speak ill of gentler soul like Prof. Achebe, i wished they had a bout with this devil of a man.

I debated furiously on another handle for Achebe when my "people" were opening their mouths and typing rubbish here and on the streets. I could not understand how one man's memoir (and a very respected man for that matter) will generate so much backlash. It was as if they never wanted to hear another story contrary to the lies they were fed.
And then there is the latest anger towards SS and SE unity were they will label the SE is land grabbers and oil theives where we know now who has benefited most from this corrupt confab.

The SW has chosen their alliance and there is no room for future betrayals as in the past for the yet but soon to come new Nigerian power house or for the best new Nation.

You can all thank Tinibu for fueling SW xenophobia and anti-Igbo sentiments for their own downfall.

2 Likes

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by Stlatyv(m): 8:20pm On May 13, 2013
Policewoman: THE BUTCHER OF ASABA. PITY THAT THE SAME PEOPLE HE LED TO MASSACRE INNOCENT EASTERNERS TURNED BACK TO KILL HIM IN A BOTCHED COUP ATTEMPT.
wen makin reference to past massacre,its always in d east nd south south,is dat place rily of stuborn kids?
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by gidiMonsta(m): 8:23pm On May 13, 2013
Intrepid!:
It is only in Nigeria that a certified war criminal is revered. Utter rubbish!

The most celebrated leaders in history were all guilty of genocide in one form or the other; Sun Tzu, Alex the great, Genghis Khan, George Bush, Shaka Zulu, Ojukwu, Lord Krish, Awolowo, Julius Caesar, Hanibal etc. Apart from the igbos, I have never heard any other group speak ill of this man.

Sun re oo Muri omo karuwa, okunrin takuntakun

5 Likes

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by nijanigga: 8:27pm On May 13, 2013
Reading most of the comments, you can see why Nigeria is not one and would never be one.A nation in tartars.
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by PehaKaso: 8:29pm On May 13, 2013
If d Murtala Mohammed Intl Airport was in d South South 2day, we would av changed dat name long ago. Rot in Hell, Murtala Ramat Ayatolla Mohd

1 Like

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by tonte(m): 8:33pm On May 13, 2013
berem: You are very very stewpid for quoting the whole thread to write this crap you just wrote. Dundee! .

Na so e vex u reach loool
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by aurenflani: 8:36pm On May 13, 2013
PehaKaso: If d Murtala Mohammed Intl Airport was in d South South 2day, we would av changed dat name long ago. Rot in Hell, Murtala Ramat Ayatolla Mohd

And his ppl if turned against ur fake Nigerian leaders gej must go by 2015 grin
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by dokia: 8:36pm On May 13, 2013
says who?
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by Nobody: 8:40pm On May 13, 2013
Waiting for the yoruba tribalist to invade the thread
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by Jayfizz(m): 8:50pm On May 13, 2013
Never knew me and Gen Murtala shared the same birthdays R.I.P strong leader...
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by Policewoman(f): 8:55pm On May 13, 2013
Jayfizz: Never knew me and Gen Murtala shared the same birthdays R.I.P strong leader...
He was a mass murderer.

2 Likes

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by AndreUweh(m): 8:57pm On May 13, 2013
Good riddance.

1 Like

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by sagaciousblog: 9:00pm On May 13, 2013
Ahasco:

He was a tribalist I don't haye him though but I hate wat he did
DID YOU QUOTE THE WHOLE POST JUST TO SAY THIS NONSENSE? U R A BIG FOOL!
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by Willzkid(m): 9:16pm On May 13, 2013
[size=8pt][size=8pt],write an article like this on lawrence anini[/size][/size]

1 Like

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by Abiyamo: 9:27pm On May 13, 2013
Sir, very nice suggestion. Noted, Sir.
Willzkid: [size=8pt][size=8pt],write an article like this on lawrence anini[/size][/size]
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 13, 2013
Murtala Muhammad was killed by the West majorly for his position in the liberation movements and wars fought in Angola. While the West supported the capitalist liberation movements of UNITA and FNLA, Muhammad supported the communist MPLA. During this period, which was also the Cold War era, Nigeria was heading communist. This angered the West who had already overthrew and imprisoned Patrice Lumumbar of Zaire and imposed Mobutu Sese Seko. The last of the African leaders that supported the MPLA in Angola and the SWAPO in South West Africa (now Namibia) to be killed was my own man, Muammar Gaddafi.

2 Likes

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by Enouwem(m): 9:34pm On May 13, 2013
Download there was a country http://abuse.free-books.biz/There%20Was%20A%20Country:%20A%20Personal%20History%20of%20Biafra.zip

1 Like

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by ecosanders: 9:35pm On May 13, 2013
gidiMonsta:

The most celebrated leaders in history were all guilty of genocide in one form or the other; Sun Tzu, Alex the great, Genghis Khan, George Bush, Shaka Zulu, Ojukwu, Lord Krish, Awolowo, Julius Caesar, Hanibal etc. Apart from the igbos, I have never heard any other group speak ill of this man.

Sun re oo Muri omo karuwa, okunrin takuntakun
ma dawon lohun jare! HAUSA na dere enemy, Yoruba betrayed dem, na only una dey 9ja? I guess ojuiku is a saint 4 leading 3m Igbos 2 dere early grave. I dnt kw y Igbos wil neva c anythm gud in som1 dat is nt frm dere tribe, few wks ago i c hw u ppl try so hard 2 pitch d Yorubas agains d Hausas wit som silly threads, bt fail woefully, dat tribalism n Nepotism ur grand fadas startd in 1966 is stil disturbing ur brains.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

#PMBInLagos: Guard Of Honour For President Buhari In Lagos (Pictures) / Amina Mohammed Watch Keenly As Buhari Delivers His Speech At UN General Assembly / Youths Flee As Soldiers Invade Enugu Community For Sacking Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.