Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,176 members, 7,780,230 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:09 AM

Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew (43192 Views)

Emir Sanusi Prays At The Tomb Of Murtala Muhammed (Pic) / Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) / Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by ClitorialDept: 9:39pm On May 13, 2013
ecosanders: ma dawon lohun jare! HAUSA na dere enemy, Yoruba betrayed dem, na only una dey 9ja? I guess ojuiku is a saint 4 leading 3m Igbos 2 dere early grave. I dnt kw y Igbos wil neva c anythm gud in som1 dat is nt frm dere tribe, few wks ago i c hw u ppl try so hard 2 pitch d Yorubas agains d Hausas wit som silly threads, bt fail woefully, dat tribalism n Nepotism ur grand fadas startd in 1966 is stil disturbing ur brains.

go and sit by your master. He will soon call you.

ode

2 Likes

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 13, 2013
Why spend all this time trying to whitewash a sepulcre with rotten bones.
Murtala was a blood-thirsty coupist that died the way he killed others. Karma got him.
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by ecosanders: 9:52pm On May 13, 2013
Clitorial.Dept.:

go and sit by your master. He will soon call you.

ode
ur fada! Is dat all u got? 2 Igbos BUHARI, AWOLOWO, GOWON,ADEKUNLE MURTALA,BALEWA, AHMADU BELLO r al bad ppl in ur Opinion, whle Ojuiku dat lead millions 2 dere grave n fled in a woman wrapper, wig n lipstick is being praise 2 d highest heaven. C hypocr*az*y.
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by Intrepid1(m): 9:54pm On May 13, 2013
gidiMonsta:

The most celebrated leaders in history were all guilty of genocide in one form or the other; Sun Tzu, Alex the great, Genghis Khan, George Bush, Shaka Zulu, Ojukwu, Lord Krish, Awolowo, Julius Caesar, Hanibal etc. Apart from the igbos, I have never heard any other group speak ill of this man.

Sun re oo Muri omo karuwa, okunrin takuntakun

Please what is this rubbish this one is spewing here? So it is acceptable for 'celebrated leaders' to commit genocide? Would this be because your hopelessly incompetent Murtala Mohammed is guilty of this abominable act that you are sanctioning it? Maybe Igbos hate him because the animal murdered thousands of Igbos in cold blood and it affects them directly. If Biafra won the war and Ojukwu murdered thousands of Yorubas and Hausas in retaliation for the pogroms, and maybe included some of your family members, would you still condone it? Please use the small brain you have well before talking.

5 Likes

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 13, 2013
utumunta: Why spend all this time trying to whitewash a sepulcre with rotten bones.
Murtala was a blood-thirsty coupist that died the way he killed others. Karma got him.
Get your facts right, while Murtala Muhammad and TY Danjuma might have led the July 29, 1966 coup, that of July 29, 1975 was led by Joe Garba. Garba only handed over to Brigadiers Muhammad, Obasanjo and Danjuma who were his seniors. They became Head of State, Chief of Staff Supreme Hqrts and Chief Army Staff, respectively.
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by ClitorialDept: 9:56pm On May 13, 2013
ecosanders: ur fada! Is dat all u got? 2 Igbos BUHARI, AWOLOWO, GOWON,ADEKUNLE MURTALA,BALEWA, AHMADU BELLO r al bad ppl in ur Opinion, whle Ojuiku dat lead millions 2 dere grave n fled in a woman wrapper, wig n lipstick is being praise 2 d highest heaven. C hypocr*az*y.

COOL DOWN. Here take Panadol for Murtala

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by Intrepid1(m): 9:58pm On May 13, 2013
ecosanders: ur fada! Is dat all u got? 2 Igbos BUHARI, AWOLOWO, GOWON,ADEKUNLE MURTALA,BALEWA, AHMADU BELLO r al bad ppl in ur Opinion, whle Ojuiku dat lead millions 2 dere grave n fled in a woman wrapper, wig n lipstick is being praise 2 d highest heaven. C hypocr*az*y.

What an unapologetic dunce. If you took your English lessons seriously, and then after that your history lesson, your low IQ might have allowed you comprehend the fact that Ojukwu led the Igbos away from a Nigeria that could not guarantee their safety. Shebi it is your dear Nigeria that is in turmoil now? Enjoy!

5 Likes

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by ClitorialDept: 10:00pm On May 13, 2013
Intrepid!:

What an unapologetic dunce. If you took your English lessons seriously, and then after that your history lesson, your low IQ might have allowed you comprehend the fact that Ojukwu led the Igbos away from a Nigeria that could not guarantee their safety. Shebi it is your dear Nigeria that is in turmoil now? Enjoy!

stop replying him. I just medicated him on Murtala's behalf.
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by AnanseK(m): 10:04pm On May 13, 2013
Murtala no doubt the best leader Nigeria had and one of the best ever in Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by AnanseK(m): 10:12pm On May 13, 2013
babyosisi:

[size=13pt]I hope he is rotting in hell where he rightly belongs.[/size]
The same bullets he pumped on civilians for sport,were dished to him
God bless the Dimka lineage for ridding us of this monster and avenging the death of innocent civilians
If I had my way Murtala Mohammed airport would be changed to a more befitting Statesman's name

By " befitting statesman" I'm sure you mean Ojukwu as you can't see farther than your nose. Ojukwu is the greatest loser in African history.

1 Like

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by ecosanders: 10:20pm On May 13, 2013
Intrepid!:

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by ecosanders: 10:25pm On May 13, 2013
Intrepid!:

Bunkum! Yea ur kinsmen r realy enjoying it up North. Ehm anoda one was caught in Imo wit his mothers corpse in a cupboard inside his shrine. D mother hav bin missing since 2003. N 2 d goat above, u mean out of a packet of panadol, u just hav 2 tablet left afta ranting abt Murtala? Pele o

3 Likes

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by calaway: 10:26pm On May 13, 2013
ecosanders: ma dawon lohun jare! HAUSA na dere enemy, Yoruba betrayed dem, na only una dey 9ja? I guess ojuiku is a saint 4 leading 3m Igbos 2 dere early grave. I dnt kw y Igbos wil neva c anythm gud in som1 dat is nt frm dere tribe, few wks ago i c hw u ppl try so hard 2 pitch d Yorubas agains d Hausas wit som silly threads, bt fail woefully, dat tribalism n Nepotism ur grand fadas startd in 1966 is stil disturbing ur brains.

The Igbo have never lifted a finger to hurt any Hausa man in their midst rather it is the Hausa man who regularly kills Igbos in their midst and even yoruba christians just in case you have missed the info before since 1948 and still ongoing(So tell me who is who's enemy). You know what boko haram has been doing to Igbos and christian in the North for over 3 yrs now. Rather that isolate and treat the source (Hausa)they welcomed and mingle in the embrace of the yoruba Tinuba and Lia (tell who is betraying humanity here not just Igbo?)

General Ojukwu of Blessed memory led Igbos to an attempt to have their own country because Igbo's insisted in this if you are objective even as wicked as a heart may be you will sympathize with a people who where killed in the millions in the polgrom all over Norther Nigeria.
Ohhh my heart bleeds as I recount these events, In Kano in 1966 when the Hausa soldiers started the polgom there was a secondary school called the Igbo union secondary school where most of the sojourner sent their wards to be educated, on this fatefull school day an Hausa soldiers besieged the school killed the male students and teachers and bundled beautiful queens of Igbo extraction some (ooh i cry)most of these girls were virgins and took these innocent children to their hausa LEPERS to defile (GOD IN HEAVEN MUST REWARD THIS GROUP). Sad to admit but the Igbos where truly DEFEATED. But out of the ruins of Igbo woman has arisen the Likes of Okonjo, Ekwesili, Otie,Dora whoes international accomplishment dwarf those of even the Highest mallam.
So you see with all these horror events still unfolding it was not an option not to go away from Nigeria. Why do you think the Isrealies supported the Igbo with mercenaries and Pilots cos they new that they shared something special with the Igbo.

3 Likes

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by PHIPEX(m): 10:45pm On May 13, 2013
May God forgive me for once celebrating this man, how ignorant I was. What a history he has left behind for his generations.
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by omokayode9258(m): 10:49pm On May 13, 2013
babyosisi:

God bless the Dimka lineage for ridding us of this monster and avenging the death of innocent civilians
If I had my way Murtala Mohammed airport would be changed to a more befitting Statesman's name
who is dis ignorant babyosis or what, dnt u knw what military is al about, he was to folo d order in whch he did, is it hs fault, as a militay man, u ar to follow order even if its against ur wil nd wish. D bst president nigeria eva recorded is this great man, no presdnt eva record half of hs record . nd u ar dr busy writn rubish on a mentor xpectd of al youths to imitate. Abeg reasn o

1 Like

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by firstolalekan(m): 10:55pm On May 13, 2013
[size=28pt][b]ROLE IN THE CIVIL WAR

The Nigerian Civil War (1967-1970) lasted for thirty blood-soaked months and one of the principal actors of that sad phase of Nigerian history was Murtala. During the war, he was the General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the Nigerian Army 2nd Division. Although he flouted rules from the top and brushed aside orders from the Army Headquarters, Murtala took no atom of nonsense or disobedience from his juniors. He commanded his division with the ruthlessness and determination of an Alexander the Great and they had some spectacular victories -and some unforgettably stinging defeats in the hands of the Biafran soldiers.

It was his division that routed forces of the Biafran Army and expelled them from the Midwest Region (discussed above), and from there he moved up to cross the River Niger to join the 1st Division which was on its way to Enugu City and Nsukka. At a point during the war, 28-year-old Murtala and his men reportedly stormed Asaba, Delta State and supervised an Fun of killing of innocent civilians. [/b][/size]

lol!!! grin grin grin
Inu nbi awon ibo
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by omokayode9258(m): 10:59pm On May 13, 2013
babyosisi:

m sure u ar nt in ur right sense, hw can u say dt to d bst president nigeria eva recorded. Abeg try nd read more bout murtala,s admin, u wil surely be born again in d world of reality unles u ar an ibo guys who ar blind to c good thns in other tribe. GOD BLESS MURTALA ND MAY GOD GRANT HIM PARADOUS
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by firstolalekan(m): 10:59pm On May 13, 2013
[size=28pt][b]ROLE IN THE CIVIL WAR

The Nigerian Civil War (1967-1970) lasted for thirty blood-soaked months and one of the principal actors of that sad phase of Nigerian history was Murtala. During the war, he was the General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the Nigerian Army 2nd Division. Although he flouted rules from the top and brushed aside orders from the Army Headquarters, Murtala took no atom of nonsense or disobedience from his juniors. He commanded his division with the ruthlessness and determination of an Alexander the Great and they had some spectacular victories -and some unforgettably stinging defeats in the hands of the Biafran soldiers.

It was his division that routed forces of the Biafran Army and expelled them from the Midwest Region (discussed above), and from there he moved up to cross the River Niger to join the 1st Division which was on its way to Enugu City and Nsukka. At a point during the war, 28-year-old Murtala and his men reportedly stormed Asaba, Delta State and supervised an Fun of killing of innocent civilians. [/b][/size]

lol!!! grin grin grin
Inu nbi awon ibo
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by ClitorialDept: 11:00pm On May 13, 2013
omokayode9258: who is dis ignorant babyosis or what, dnt u knw what military is al about, he was to folo d order in whch he did, is it hs fault, as a militay man, u ar to follow order even if its against ur wil nd wish. D bst president nigeria eva recorded is this great man, no presdnt eva record half of hs record . nd u ar dr busy writn rubish on a mentor xpectd of al youths to imitate. Abeg reasn o

In every profession there exist ethics. The Military and especially the officer cadre are not exempted and the phrase officer and gentleman is used commonly to describe the few chosen men who are expected to lead men into battle. The UN had also a unifying resolution of how war fare is expected to be carried out; clearly designating combatants from civilians and protecting most especially the most vulnerable - women and children.

From the history of the Nigerian Civil war it is in no doubt that innocent civilians, women and defenseless children were treated as active combatants by the Nigerian Army under the orders of field and rear commanding officers.
The R.O.E. adopted by the Nigerian army in that unfortunate chapter of our history is being perpetuated till this day in the Islamic Jihadist's enclave of NE Nigeria. This is the legacy of the civil war, a Nation with a military that is more adept at killing civilians they are paid to protect.

In my book the likes of Murtala and the rest left a legacy that is unbecoming of any officer in any regular Army.
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by grandpoh(m): 11:08pm On May 13, 2013
Me i like him sha.....goes 2 show dat upon his brutality he still care....where was GEj then??
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by ecosanders: 11:10pm On May 13, 2013
calaway:

The Igbo have never lifted a finger to hurt any Hausa man in their midst rather it is the Hausa man who regularly kills Igbos in their midst and even yoruba christians just in case you have missed the info before since 1948 and still ongoing(So tell me who is who's enemy). You know what boko haram has been doing to Igbos and christian in the North for over 3 yrs now. Rather that isolate and treat the source (Hausa)they welcomed and mingle in the embrace of the yoruba Tinuba and Lia (tell who is betraying humanity here not just Igbo?)

General Ojukwu of Blessed memory led Igbos to an attempt to have their own country because Igbo's insisted in this if you are objective even as wicked as a heart may be you will sympathize with a people who where killed in the millions in the polgrom all over Norther Nigeria.
Ohhh my heart bleeds as I recount these events, In Kano in 1966 when the Hausa soldiers started the polgom there was a secondary school called the Igbo union secondary school where most of the sojourner sent their wards to be educated, on this fatefull school day an Hausa soldiers besieged the school killed the male students and teachers and bundled beautiful queens of Igbo extraction some (ooh i cry)most of these girls were virgins and took these innocent children to their hausa LEPERS to defile (GOD IN HEAVEN MUST REWARD THIS GROUP). Sad to admit but the Igbos where truly DEFEATED. But out of the ruins of Igbo woman has arisen the Likes of Okonjo, Ekwesili, Otie,Dora whoes international accomplishment dwarf those of even the Highest mallam.
So you see with all these horror events still unfolding it was not an option not to go away from Nigeria. Why do you think the Isrealies supported the Igbo with mercenaries and Pilots cos they new that they shared something special with the Igbo.
u r a liar o, c as u paint Igbo as saints as if d 1966 coupist r nt Ibo, if u dnt kw, ur forefadas Ifeajuna, Nzogwu etc startd it, n who told u Hausas were nt killd by BH? N wat abt al dose ur kinsmen caught trying 2 detonate bombs? Pls Tell us if Biafran soldiers didnt massacre Nigerians.
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by ClitorialDept: 11:12pm On May 13, 2013
ecosanders: u r a liar o, c as u paint Igbo as saints as if d 1966 coupist r nt Ibo, if u dnt kw, ur forefadas Ifeajuna, Nzogwu etc startd it, n who told u Hausas were nt killd by BH? N wat abt al dose ur kinsmen caught trying 2 detonate bombs? Pls Tell us if Biafran soldiers didnt massacre Nigerians.

tribalistic goat. so the sins of a few men must be paid by a whole nation.

don't worry nemesis is coming for you.
It has started in the north and the middle belt.

Traitors
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by homesteady(m): 11:17pm On May 13, 2013
LOL!! I really enjoyed his biography!!(The write-up) and I thought he was a good man!! But Men!! Based on comments I read here - the man is 2nd in command to the devil!! SMH!! I felt so cold while reading all babyosisi's comments!! For HEAVEN's sake - why kill such a large number of civilians??
And it's so amazing that some people are supporting that hitler!! Where did you people leave your spirit of judgment?? Where is your conscience?? Why applaud a man when he is know to commited genocide?? SMH!! You don't have to bring tribalism into everything!! Besides, my "MATURED YORUBA FRIEND" hates the man with passion just because of that genocide!! And some other half-matured yorubas like ile iko and co have not come here to praise the man!! So I don't see any reason why some childish yoruba people will be praising a criminal of war!!
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by ecosanders: 11:25pm On May 13, 2013
Clitorial.Dept.:

tribalistic goat. so the sins of a few men must be paid by a whole nation.

don't worry nemesis is coming for you.
It has started in the north and the middle belt.

Traitors
wic nation r u talking about? Didnt ur ppl jubilate wen Balewa n co were killd? How cm u r nt talking abt d ppl killd by Ojuiku?
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by Nobody: 11:26pm On May 13, 2013
The man was a big hypocrite
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by ecosanders: 11:28pm On May 13, 2013
homesteady: LOL!! I really enjoyed his biography!!(The write-up) and I thought he was a good man!! But Men!! Based on comments I read here - the man is 2nd in command to the devil!! SMH!! I felt so cold while reading all babyosisi's comments!! For HEAVEN's sake - why kill such a large number of civilians??
And it's so amazing that some people are supporting that hitler!! Where did you people leave your spirit of judgment?? Where is your conscience?? Why applaud a man when he is know to commited genocide?? SMH!! You don't have to bring tribalism into everything!! Besides, my "MATURED YORUBA FRIEND" hates the man with passion just because of that genocide!! And some other half-matured yorubas like ile iko and co have not come here to praise the man!! So I don't see any reason why some childish yoruba people will be praising a criminal of war!!
shattap dia! Ekwensu, go n read hw ur forefadas murderd leaders frm N n Sw, whle spearing dere brodas.
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by calaway: 11:35pm On May 13, 2013
ecosanders: u r a liar o, c as u paint Igbo as saints as if d 1966 coupist r nt Ibo, if u dnt kw, ur forefadas Ifeajuna, Nzogwu etc startd it, n who told u Hausas were nt killd by BH? N wat abt al dose ur kinsmen caught trying 2 detonate bombs? Pls Tell us if Biafran soldiers didnt massacre Nigerians.

Dont get get there is no human being created that is without sin. But show me where the ordinary struggling Igbo man or group had been an utterly heartless demon to his neighbor and I will tell you they are not Igbos. Just in case you missed out the details the coup of 1966 was spoilt by Gen. Aguiyi Ironsi and Col. Ojukwu!!! these men I think where also Igbo.
Also the killing of Igbos in the North did not start in 1966 as you think But in 1948 when Enahoro (a bendelite or midwesterner} moved a motion for Nigeria's independence from the british, The Hausa in Kano and sokoto reacted by shedding more than 2,000 Igbo blooded human beings and this genocidal tendencies remained in the north and would continue in flashes to peak in 1966 down to today.
The coup was done by a group of officers including yourubas who felt in summary that the politician of the day were self seeking and anti-nigerian. Ahmadu did not his his hatred for southerners and some westn politician also adopted a region approach to national matters and there was anarchy in the west. So the attempted to salvage the situation not for the gain of any group or Igbo and remember that Nzeogwu was a mid-westerner.

I have told no lies in fact you need to expose you understanding of this issue.
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by alex101(m): 11:36pm On May 13, 2013
owobokiri: Murtala was more of an empty vessel that made endless noise. If your typical example of action leader is Murtala then you have it all twisted. Ego driven, he was more interested in sacking all the top beuracrats around. You can point to the many dismissals he made without finding anything he built. A blood thirsty iddiot on steroid, he supervised the worst slaughter of defenseless civilians in the history of this country pre-Obasanjo. There should be a Dimka for every Murtala. The bastard is surely rotting in the hottest part of hell
This is the best phrase ever with regards to an evil monster like this man. Evil men only thrive when good men do nothing to confront them,,,(not saying Dimka was any good anyway, but he got the job done).
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by homesteady(m): 11:40pm On May 13, 2013
ecosanders: shattap dia! Ekwensu, go n read hw ur forefadas murderd leaders frm N n Sw, whle spearing dere brodas.

I was not mistaken when I said some 'childish' yoruba's!! Take note - I'm not igbo!! I'm from kaduna state - proudly Baju!! So my fore-fathers were also murdered!! But how northerner's died?? Is it up to the amount that only murtala killed in asaba?? Come on!! Are you this heartless!! He commited genocide!! Condemn him and don't justify his bad things with other senseless examples

1 Like

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by alex101(m): 11:47pm On May 13, 2013
nnenna.1:
My goodness sad

I need to stop coming to Nairaland...a lot of the things I have read here in the past few years have not mentally nor spiritually healthy.

Nne, you don't have to stop coming to nairaland, but you can limit your posting(s) and increase your "observership" of this site, as NL is the exact mirror image of the dungeon called "one nigeria". This is where you get the mindset of your so called fellow nigerians, and they don't mind wishing evil on others of different ethnicity. Stuff about the war which Igbo parents had refused to tell their children can be accessed from NL,,,you just have to be smart and put on discerning mind so as to filter the falsehoods, for they abound on this dying site.

3 Likes

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by calaway: 11:47pm On May 13, 2013

Boko haram only kill perceived hausa traitors and not every hausa man on their streets who render them support and shelter as they are related Do you rember that Kabiru Sokoto who materminded the death of 50 innocent christians including women and children mostly ibos was aided to escape from prison by a commisiner of police Zakari Biu. Boko haram it is not a PDP it is a converging point for all Hausa Leaders. The only Hon legislator to be caught with primed BOKO HARAM bombs and AK 47 assualt rifles and large cache of arms was HON. HUSSEIN DEIDEI of Kaduna state The CPC National youth wing Leader.
Only a fool will believe that Igbos would plan to bomb a church. I put it to you that people who dont have issues with killing innocent igbo will not bat an eyelid to frame them up as bombers.
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by alex101(m): 11:56pm On May 13, 2013
@ post;

Murtala Mohammed is your typical nigerian armed officer (police, navy, airforce soldier et.al),,,cowardly in nature, only good at bullying unarmed civillians, but when confronted with an equally armed/trained personnel, will always chicken out. This, my friends, summarizes the average nigerian armed officer. The true strength of an armed officer never lies in killing unarmed civilians, rather it lies in the ability of the said officer to rescue/safe innocent lives if need be.

Little wonder, each time the nigerian soldiers confront MEND (an armed group), they end up with the most casualties.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo / Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up / Mimiko Celebrates Eyitayo's Appeal Court Victory Over Jimoh Ibrahim(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.