Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,954 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Capital Punishment And Child Upbringing! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Capital Punishment And Child Upbringing! (750 Views)

Yoruba Mothers Are The Best In Child Upbringing / Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? / Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Capital Punishment And Child Upbringing! by effisyman: 7:31pm On May 13, 2013
Just remember how my late mum use to tune my ears to multiple channels at a time, after clutching me with her two legs with serious pinching all over my body, ooo my God... Dancing to MJ pop music without being played under the clutch of mum is enough punishment for any stubborn child.
My dad...no go area be that one, he disciplines once in 3 month but waa gbaaa.
I look at children of this days and the freedom they enjoy and the effect on our society,the abolishment of capital punishment in schools have contributed to the rot. Many a parents have spare the rod and spoil the child all in the name of civilization.
Gone are the days where family and neighbours can correct any wrong doing of a child.
I still think the so called old fashion ways is far better than what is obtained now!
NLers...your views!
Re: Capital Punishment And Child Upbringing! by Nobody: 6:32pm On May 14, 2013
I think your mum and I attended the same child disciplining school, lol at twisting the ears to multiple channels.abeg nah old school I deyooo.
Re: Capital Punishment And Child Upbringing! by effisyman: 6:56pm On May 14, 2013
Hmmm... Western culture have taken over and result is what u see on our street...boys piercing their ears and braiding hairs.
The ladies are crying not being married after exposing it all.
God save this generation and the ones to come.
Re: Capital Punishment And Child Upbringing! by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 14, 2013
That would be corporal punishment. I sure hope no one is inflicting 'capital punishment' on their kids. cheesy
Re: Capital Punishment And Child Upbringing! by deasy(m): 9:47pm On May 15, 2013
Is twisting of ears or hitting or beating a child discipline? What i observe about this...is that many children do go through pains, they feel hatered towards the beater(parent-dad/mum),they fear,the become pretenders and this has made many children to lock up their life from their parents.They do stuffs behind their parent but if parents are around,they put themselves right.

(1) (Reply)

Please Join Me In Celebration / How Did You React When You Saw This??? / Differences Between Girls Men Date And Women Men Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.