Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Should Honeymoon Be A Part Of Wedding Determinant? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Honeymoon Be A Part Of Wedding Determinant? (994 Views)

What Is The Excitement Of Wedding Night When Your Wife Is Not A Virgin? / How Many Nigerian Girls Will Do Dis Kind Of Wedding (PIC) / What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Honeymoon Be A Part Of Wedding Determinant? by adeokunade: 7:46pm On May 13, 2013
dear NL a friend just told me that his fiance has started being reluctant towards their wedding plans because the guy, according to the girl does not have any plan as regard honeymoon. Pls we are Africans for goodness sake, should honeymoon be a part of the major determinant for wedding? Pls i need your contributions cos people arround me has started saying that am obsolete.
Re: Should Honeymoon Be A Part Of Wedding Determinant? by MrsChima(f): 11:13pm On May 13, 2013
Honeymoon is not by force require for marriage. However if you can afford a vacation as a newlywed couple then by all means go for it because once children and life kick in...you may not have that alone time as a couple.

You can take a vacation later in life however....it won't be the same once the "honeymoon" stage is over.

Your choice.
Re: Should Honeymoon Be A Part Of Wedding Determinant? by Mynd44: 7:22am On May 14, 2013
"We are African" bla bla bla. The woman just wants a week or 2 with her HUSBAND and this is what she gets. I tire for una ooooo
Re: Should Honeymoon Be A Part Of Wedding Determinant? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:45am On May 14, 2013
Mynd_44: "We are African" bla bla bla. The woman just wants a week or 2 with her HUSBAND and this is what she gets. I tire for una ooooo
and who says they won't? There are holtels around na.
Oh, i forgot, they must make a trip to make is sound honeymoon!
Re: Should Honeymoon Be A Part Of Wedding Determinant? by Mynd44: 8:08am On May 14, 2013
SLIDE waxie: and who says they won't? There are holtels around na.
Oh, i forgot, they must make a trip to make is sound honeymoon!
Did you read what the OP worte? The man made no plans at all. Hotel, trip anything.

From the wedding to the house na im the guy wan do as true "Africans"
Re: Should Honeymoon Be A Part Of Wedding Determinant? by dmcdad: 8:33am On May 14, 2013
I laugh in my norwegian accent... Whether as Africans or not, honey moon is essential and necessary but should never be a determinant for the wedding.

I am not analysing this from an African's point of view but rather from a broad spectrum.

Its so alarming these days that people have decided to shift focus and dwell sorely on the things that mean little to the overall institution called marriage. Its so sad that after the wedding and all the other formalities that comes after the wedding, thats when couples would wanna start what they should have done from the outset of their relationship or courtship as the case may be.

I am not saying honey moon is bad or not. My point is, in as much as people spend excess time in planning for the wedding and the after party and stuffs like that, they should also take cognizance of the fact that, the marriage itself is the most important thing and not the formalities which are in most cases mere showoffs and that's why after every wedding comes the marriage. That is, the real thing and this is where couoles start having problems for they most must have used all the time to plan just for the obvious while taking less cognizance of the nitty-gritty and in reality little time would have been spent in getting to know each other more and working out things for a long-lasting union.

Well, honey moon is very much essential for the most part as it helps to foster their union at that early stage as it adds some spicing and fine-tunes their union. But then, if the guy fails to have a concrete plan on that, heads shouldn't roll as it's not a do-or-die thing.

I never hear wey honeymoon cause wahala before oooo. Make the girl sef lock-up jare. Na honeymoon she wan chop?
Re: Should Honeymoon Be A Part Of Wedding Determinant? by Nobody: 8:56am On May 14, 2013
adeokunade: dear NL a friend just told me that his fiance has started being reluctant towards their wedding plans because the guy, according to the girl does not have any plan as regard honeymoon. [size=20pt]Pls we are Africans for goodness sake,[/size] should honeymoon be a part of the major determinant for wedding? Pls i need your contributions cos people arround me has started saying that am obsolete.

Africans don't deserve good things right, I just came from another thread and the guy was like "We are African we don't give women flowers"

This mentality is what is holding most of ya all backward.
Re: Should Honeymoon Be A Part Of Wedding Determinant? by Mynd44: 10:48am On May 14, 2013
rokiatu:

Africans don't deserve good things right, I just came from another thread and the guy was like "We are African we don't give women flowers"

This mentality is what is holding most of ya all backward.
No mind them. They love hiding behind silly things
Re: Should Honeymoon Be A Part Of Wedding Determinant? by Exponental(m): 12:59pm On May 14, 2013
If a woman is reluctant about marriage cos of honeymoon, she's not worth a wife.
Re: Should Honeymoon Be A Part Of Wedding Determinant? by dmcdad: 1:02pm On May 14, 2013
Exponental: If a woman is reluctant about marriage cos of honeymoon, she's not worth a wife.
I wonder oooo
Re: Should Honeymoon Be A Part Of Wedding Determinant? by MrsChima1(f): 1:41pm On May 14, 2013
Not all couples embrace romance so honeymoon isn't for everyone.

1 Like

Re: Should Honeymoon Be A Part Of Wedding Determinant? by adeokunade: 2:11pm On May 14, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Honeymoon is not by force require for marriage. However if you can afford a vacation as a newlywed couple then by all means go for it because once children and life kick in...you may not have that alone time as a couple.

You can take a vacation later in life however....it won't be the same once the "honeymoon" stage is over.

Your choice.
Though the girl is not categorically holding the guy into ransome because of honeymoon but neither has she hide the fact that she want to marry without having an honeymoom. I have advised my guy not to take the matter serious because a reasonable girl is not expected to withdraw from wedding plans because of honeymoon.They have other needs which I believe the lady will start pressing the guy for once the honey moon is over..
Re: Should Honeymoon Be A Part Of Wedding Determinant? by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 14, 2013
Mrs..Chima:
Not all couples embrace romance so honeymoon isn't for everyone.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should Honeymoon Be A Part Of Wedding Determinant? by adeokunade: 3:41pm On May 14, 2013
Pls am restricting this question to married couples alone. WHAT DID YOU GAIN BY GOING FOR HONEYMOON OR WHAT DID YOU LOOSE OR MISS BY NOT GOING?
Re: Should Honeymoon Be A Part Of Wedding Determinant? by lolaluv1(f): 9:56pm On May 14, 2013
You might as well start living in a hut, throw away your phone(s) and use your certificates to clean your bum.
Since you are an African man, what are you still doing with them?

And you need to get out of that couple's business. Husband and wife issue is a no-no for an outsider.

Desist and give them a chance to build a home. Marriages are facing enough already, don't add to their troubles.
Go get yours and wipe off every trace of romance if you wish.
Thanks as you comply!
Re: Should Honeymoon Be A Part Of Wedding Determinant? by Scarpon(m): 10:26pm On May 14, 2013
honeymoon koo bee moon ni what will i enjoy in honeymoon that me and my wife will not enjoy in an ordinary day of our life??

1 Like

Re: Should Honeymoon Be A Part Of Wedding Determinant? by adeokunade: 12:33am On May 15, 2013
Scarpon: honeymoon koo bee moon ni what will i enjoy in honeymoon that me and my wife will not enjoy in an ordinary day of our life??
.Most women nowadays are selfish and inconsiderate and that is the reason why most marriages are suffering this days.Once the financial burden is on the man they will insist unecessary on something that is even immaterial. Some of our women will prefer a school which they can use to boast in front of their fellow women for their children not even minding if they can even get a cheaper one with better quality education. About your question as regard my certificate and mobile phone, I think u should know that every culture or life style has his own positive and negative aspect,you will borrow the positive side and drop the negative one. You can go and ask a clergy to joing you and a fellow woman together since they have started doing that in the society where the certificate and mobile phone came from
Re: Should Honeymoon Be A Part Of Wedding Determinant? by adeokunade: 12:40am On May 15, 2013
lola.luv:
You might as well start living in a hut, throw away your phone(s) and use your certificates to clean your bum.
Since you are an African man, what are you still doing with them?

And you need to get out of that couple's business. Husband and wife issue is a no-no for an outsider.

Desist and give them a chance to build a home. Marriages are facing enough already, don't add to their troubles.
Go get yours and wipe off every trace of romance if you wish.
Thanks as you comply!
You can as well ask a clergy to join you and a fellow woman together because they have started doing that in the society where the certificate and phones came from
Re: Should Honeymoon Be A Part Of Wedding Determinant? by lolaluv1(f): 10:40am On May 15, 2013
^
tongue

I see you are still logging online, Mister African man.cheesygrin
Re: Should Honeymoon Be A Part Of Wedding Determinant? by adeokunade: 11:20am On May 15, 2013
Yesooooo Awuuuu, still prefer to drink Gaari to corn flakes grin and Egypt 80 band to the beatles

(1) (Reply)

Who Will Marry The Lady/guy You Spoilt? / 25 Truthful Reasons Why Women Cheatso Easily / Woman Who Waited For Her Soldier Husband To Return From War Receives His Remains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.