Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,797 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City (20176 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Roberto Mancini Has Been Sacked By Manchester City. / FA Cup Win Can't Save Roberto Mancini From Manchester City Exit... / Balotelli And Mancini In Training Ground Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:41pm On May 13, 2013
daylae: I see mancity hiring benitez.

I reject that IJN. angry
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Presbulg(m): 11:42pm On May 13, 2013
AMvanquish: Why cant wenger be fired like this angry
what Arsene has done and what he's doing, no manager can do it for AFC...He brought the idea of building a new stadium, through the years ,he's made money for the club which is being used to pay the debt owned by the club to the bank that lent them the money used to build the emirate stadium wit little money offered, he's guided the team to 17 top four finish... What mancini has given back to the club is far little to what he's taken ( the oil money he wasted on merceneries)
if the share holders of AFC hasn't sacked AW up till now, then he muxt be doing something which is for the good of the clu

4 Likes

Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by ddippset(m): 11:45pm On May 13, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Yes. If you take into the injury crisis this season. Aguero was out almost the whole season, Yaya went for the nations cup and came back injured. Kompany was out injured for almost the whole season. We are left with an ineffective Nasri, Zabaletta, Tevez and Dzeko.

Forget the millions hype. Man City is my team and I know the weak points. Our strength lies in Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero. When once these guys are not functioning, the team is average.
you are correct.in football, player price and player quality is not always a direct proportion. otherwise why would a borussia dortmund eliminate a real madrid? no matter how much city spends on t's players it's too early to expect them to permanently dethrone chelsea and man united, and even arsenal. they have to give it some time, say 4 seasons, then they be well established at the top.
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by justayo: 11:45pm On May 13, 2013
We all saw it coming with such an expensive Team without a Trophy.
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:48pm On May 13, 2013
EmmyDe25:
Yeah... a job in Italy, not in any of the top clubs in Europe. Dude, are u for real? U said Mancini shot City to the lime light? do u have any idea the amount of pounds this guy has spent in his entire three and half years at City in procuring players from all around Europe? Yet you expect him not to be up there with the high and mighties jostling for the champions league crown? Give Moyes 30 million pounds and see what he would have done with that everton team, or hand Wenger 50 million pounds and see what his team will turn to.

Please get some info right. Mancini's biggest problem in City was that he had little or no influence in the players that came in. He only was able to negotiate fully Yaya, Silva, Aguero and Adam Johnson. He also brought in Pizzarro on loan from Roma. Also Nastasic.

Nasri was bought when Alexi Sanchez at the end of the transfer Market rejected his move to Man City for Barcelona.

If you look at the team, you will notice that in the first team Barry, Joe Hart, Micah Richards, Kompany, Kolo Toure, Zabaletta, Tevez were already at the club before Mancini came in.
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by r231(m): 11:49pm On May 13, 2013
tellwisdom: Abeg which company he dey worK?? sad

PHCN undecided
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by EmmyDe25(m): 11:49pm On May 13, 2013
At least Pelegrini should be able to get them a fourth place finish next season.
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by brosdoncome(m): 11:52pm On May 13, 2013
Lobi Stars of Makurdi would whole heartening embrace him as their new manager....let him no waste cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Nobody: 11:54pm On May 13, 2013
For the second phase of city project, European domination, Mancini is not the best person for it.

He won the italian league severally with Inter but never moved past the second round in the champions league.

His sack is nothing personal, it's just the ruthlesness needed for success.
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:59pm On May 13, 2013

I understand that Txiki and Soriano were brought in to change Man City into a Total Football/Tiki Taka kind of team.

I also understand that These Barca men felt Mancini wasn't capable of bringing them that kind of play.

What I don't understand and annoys me is that how could Mancini leaving MCFC leak to the media hours before the FA Cup finals. It was clear that the hearts of the City players weren't in the game.

Why couldn't Txiki and Soriano wait for the FA Cup to finish before swinging into plans to sack Mancini.

Maybe they knew it might be difficult to get the Sheikhs signature of Mancini wins the FA Cup. angry
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by EmmyDe25(m): 12:00am On May 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Please get some info right. Mancini's biggest problem in City was that he had little or no influence in the players that came in. He only was able to negotiate fully Yaya, Silva, Aguero and Adam Johnson. He also brought in Pizzarro on loan from Roma. Also Nastasic.

Nasri was bought when Alexi Sanchez at the end of the transfer Market rejected his move to Man City for Barcelona.

If you look at the team, you will notice that in the first team Barry, Joe Hart, Micah Richards, Kompany, Kolo Toure, Zabaletta, Tevez were already at the club before Mancini came in.
Oga, the dude is a failure!! no word to exchange that. Even the EPL he won last season was by a whisker. May be u dont know..... United had their worst season under Fergie last season and they still managed to contest the league title with a star studded team like shitty till the final second, only to lose out on goal difference. So what are u now driving at?

1 Like

Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Nobody: 12:01am On May 14, 2013
With the inception of new coaches in England, Man u, CHELSEA and Man CITY, then the league will take a new dimension next season.

1 Like

Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:02am On May 14, 2013

City chief executive Ferran Soriano (centre), chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak (right) and Txiki Begiristain

See their Barca faces. Now you guys should go to the market and get us players. Don't forget Isco.

1 Like

Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by mkoabiola: 12:02am On May 14, 2013
It high time I start preparing 4 a coaching course.
I wud av been a beta replacement by now.
Smh

1 Like

Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Nobody: 12:03am On May 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
I understand that Txiki and Soriano were brought in to change Man City into a Total Football/Tiki Taka kind of team.

I also understand that These Barca men felt Mancini wasn't capable of bringing them that kind of play.

What I don't understand and annoys me is that how could Mancini leaving MCFC leak to the media hours before the FA Cup finals. It was clear that the hearts of the City players weren't in the game.

Why couldn't Txiki and Soriano wait for the FA Cup to finish before swinging into plans to sack Mancini.

Maybe they knew it might be difficult to get the Sheikhs signature of Mancini wins the FA Cup. angry

bros he don do, go and sleep.

1 Like

Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by EmmyDe25(m): 12:03am On May 14, 2013
torres2: With the inception of new coaches in England, Man u, CHELSEA and Man CITY, then the league will take a new dimension next season.
Most definitely.
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:03am On May 14, 2013
EmmyDe25:
Oga, the dude is a failure!! no word to exchange that. Even the EPL he won last season was by a whisker. May be u dont know..... United had their worst season under Fergie last season and they still managed to contest the league title with a star studded team like shitty till the final second, only to lose out on goal difference. So what are u now driving at?

How can coming Second in the EPL and making it to the FA Cup final be a failure? Let us be real, QPR spent Millions of Pounds during the Summer and Winter Transfer Period and got relegated.

Do you think winning Man Utd back to back at Old Trafford is beans?
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:04am On May 14, 2013
torres2:

bros he don do, go and sleep.

Haba even Torres fine babe is on my biz. angry

In short I have lost my temper. It is Spanish people that is causing this problem. angry angry grin grin
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Nobody: 12:06am On May 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

How can coming Second in the EPL and making it to the FA Cup final be a failure? Let us be real, QPR spent Millions of Pounds during the Summer and Winter Transfer Period and got relegated.

That is certainly a worthy achievement.

Also, QPR spent more money during the transfer window, than Borussia Dortmund. Unbelievable!

1 Like

Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by DonaldGenes(m): 12:07am On May 14, 2013
sounds funny though
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Nobody: 12:08am On May 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

I have to laugh at this grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:09am On May 14, 2013
Ijawboi: Mourinho to mancity....

It will never happen. The Executives of Man City want to play in the TIKI TAKA way. Also these Barca men hate defensive football with a passion. Mourinho can never be in their plans.

1 Like

Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Nobody: 12:10am On May 14, 2013
adaobi123:

I have to laugh at this grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

laugh out loud cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:11am On May 14, 2013
shymexx:

They gave him enough time, the guy lacks what's needed to take Man. city to the next level...

He should have been sacked time ago! - he's the 2nd coming of Claudio Ranieri....

How many trophies has Ranieri won? Well I will give Ranieri props for promoting Juve and Monaco. That is a good CV. If he leaves for Mancini, I hope QPR gets him to promote them. grin

1 Like

Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by EmmyDe25(m): 12:14am On May 14, 2013
val_dee: For the second phase of city project, European domination, Mancini is not the best person for it.

He won the italian league severally with Inter but never moved past the second round in the champions league.

His sack is nothing personal, it's just the ruthlesness needed for success.
He only won one out of those three. He was dashed two scuddetto titles, after Juventus were demoted for match fixing. Plus, he enjoyed an era where there was no competition in the serie- A, as Ac milan suffered points deduction for match fixing, while juventus were demoted.

1 Like

Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by EmmyDe25(m): 12:17am On May 14, 2013
CFCfan:
That is certainly a worthy achievement.

Also, QPR spent more money during the transfer window, than Borussia Dortmund. Unbelievable!
U call signing Bosingwa, J.s Park and the rest of them *tired legs* signing?
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by EmmyDe25(m): 12:21am On May 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

I think is rice.
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Nobody: 12:22am On May 14, 2013
EmmyDe25:
U call signing Bosingwa, J.s Park and the rest of them *tired legs* signing?

That's not the point. The point I made was that QPR spent more money in the transfer window than a UCL finalist.
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Nobody: 12:22am On May 14, 2013
EmmyDe25:
I think is rice.
grin grin
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Soluty: 12:24am On May 14, 2013
What if I told you that you could start online today without much

effort at all and make up to $347 per day...

..With just 30 minutes of time spent?

Do you think you would want to check that out?

I should hope so!

Tune in,because you are going to be SHOCKED at what I am about to

reveal. www.azzard.com visit noww

1 Like

Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Presbulg(m): 12:27am On May 14, 2013
Everybody knows he failed...the money he's spent is far more than what he's achieved...he won the EPL title last year, yes , but twas on goal difference on the last day of the season. He won the fa cup two seasons ago, yeah, wigan also won this season with the cost of the whole squad not even up to the least expensive player in city's starting eleven...he's made the club run into series of debt... But i stil think he should have been given at least next season to see if he'll improve... I read he'll be payed €28M as compensation
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Nobody: 12:30am On May 14, 2013
Presbulg: Everybody knows he failed...the money he's spent is far more than what he's achieved...he won the EPL title last year, yes , but twas on goal difference on the last day of the season. He won the fa cup two seasons ago, yeah, wigan also won this season with the cost of the whole squad not even up to the least expensive player in city's starting eleven...he's made the club run into series of debt... But i stil think he should have been given at least next season to see if he'll improve... I read he'll be payed €28M as compensation

shocked shocked
The guy don 'hammer' sha. That is the equivalent of N5.6bn!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 1) On 14th March 2021 / PSG Vs Manchester City:UCL (2 - 2) On 6th April 2016 / Liverpool Vs Atalanta: Europa League (0 - 3) On 11th April 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.