Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,023 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City (20175 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Roberto Mancini Has Been Sacked By Manchester City. / FA Cup Win Can't Save Roberto Mancini From Manchester City Exit... / Balotelli And Mancini In Training Ground Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Nobody: 4:29am On May 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
When asked about being sacked by Real like Pellegrini, Mourinho replied: ‘The difference is that I won’t go to Malaga, I’ll go to a big club.’
grin grin

Mourinho is just too funny grin

1 Like

Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:34am On May 14, 2013
CFCfan:

His answers are always funny and bri same time. cheesy
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by nerodenero: 4:38am On May 14, 2013
AMvanquish: Why cant wenger be fired like this angry
Seconded!but Arsenal's management are contented with UEFA qualification every year.I'm waiting for the time Arsene wont qualify and lets see what happens.

1 Like

Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by badassnigga(m): 5:07am On May 14, 2013
lolade123: Bad for him,but good for business.1st to comment sha

Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by philogos4: 5:35am On May 14, 2013
The did has been done, You did your best Roberto.
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by ddeola: 5:49am On May 14, 2013
because dey keep tryin to b United wch is impossible. City shld b city n keep doin dier best, u cant't b United no mata wat
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Nobody: 6:12am On May 14, 2013
ℓ̊ pity fO̶̲̥̅̊Я̩̥̊ T̲̣̣̥HĨ̷̊S Manager.Shouldn't there be a law i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Europe D̶̲̥̅̊α̲̅†̥ will restrict owners from sacking Managers arbitrarily?After all these achievements!
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by anishe(m): 6:30am On May 14, 2013
j4jj:

U mean source of power supply! U wan plug...?

He wan charge im phone. UP NEPA.
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by emmasege: 6:36am On May 14, 2013
Man city have just began their journey further downwards. They are too ambitious. Were they dreaming of winning the league again. English football for now revolves around chelsea and united, and it's going to stay like that for a long time. Let club owner get that into his skull.
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by kolamilan(m): 6:44am On May 14, 2013
they should have given him enough time unfortunately, no time to check time.
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by FUCKU: 6:50am On May 14, 2013
He is not a well trained coach... Deserves it
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by ddippset(m): 7:00am On May 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: His answers are always funny and bri same time. cheesy
CFCfan:

funny? bri? his answers are always immature and insultive! matured professionals shouldnot make fun of their colleagues like they are in a kindergarten play ground. how you find that funny really beats me, same way you found his poking of someone's eye funny. smh!
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by alexchiny: 7:01am On May 14, 2013
Well he deserves it. You can't have such a quality team and still be complaining of the need to sign more players. He is an average manager that depends on big names to do well. If he thinks Sinclair is worse than Antonio Valencia, then he should have his head examined. Take David Moyes for example, he has consistently finishing in the top 7 for years even with a very small transfer kitty. Now that's a manager for you.

1 Like

Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by hugafella(m): 7:03am On May 14, 2013
emmasege: Man city have just began their journey further downwards. They are too ambitious. Were they dreaming of winning the league again. English football for now revolves around chelsea and united, and it's going to stay like that for a long time. Let club owner get that into his skull.

With Edinson Cavani and Isco coming in? Under Pellegrini? Mehn, we will be a stronger Man City, and Manchester will once again be united under City! Meanwhile, aint no one trying to be united. Afterall we have always convincingly flogged u guys at home.

For me, I see a deepening of premiership experience next season. I respect other top 4 teams. City will definitely be stronger nxt season. Its easy to know a management that means business.
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Nobody: 7:08am On May 14, 2013
hugafella:

With Edinson Cavani and Isco coming in? Under Pellegrini? Mehn, we will be a stronger Man City, and Manchester will once again be united under City! Meanwhile, aint no one trying to be united. Afterall we have always convincingly flogged u guys at home.

For me, I see a deepening of premiership experience next season. I respect other top 4 teams. City will definitely be stronger nxt season. Its easy to know a management that means business.

And with Lewandowski and Mourinho going to Chelsea, next season is gonna be very tough. For the first time in about 8 years, the EPL title race will be a 4/6 horse race!
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Nobody: 7:14am On May 14, 2013
Ancelotti was sacked by Chelsea one year after winning the Premier League
Mancini was also sacked one year after winning the EPL.

Is there a conspiracy against Italian managers?
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by olabiz2010: 7:18am On May 14, 2013
Mediocre club was bought by royalty, invested a lot of money, won the league after 44 years and now sack the man behind its success?? Please don't become another Chelsea. Just because the club won the title last year and the FA cup doesn't mean that they have to win everything at all costs. Ambition is good, but sacking the manager who put the club on the map for one trophy-less season is a bit too much. FA cup Finalists 2012-13 season, League runners up, while Champions league football was not better, but to play in the champions league, a club needs experience, which Man City clearly lacks and to be honest, they have started to show up in the CL scene and its only a matter of time that the club will find success in CL.

So sad how clubs in England are getting like this. think that because they can buy all these world class players that it should just end in winning trophies.

These owners have no clue about football. take your money and invest in something you know something about.

City wont get a better coach, watch them get even worse, that's what ill be laughing at come next season.

I am an Chelsea fan, and I seriously couldn't care much about the hateful posts that i will get after i post mine, but the truth must be told even when it hurts most!
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by sandrapower(f): 7:28am On May 14, 2013
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Nobody: 7:30am On May 14, 2013
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by obongsokroni: 7:32am On May 14, 2013
an experienced baker and miller are needed in a bakery in Awka, SouthEast Nigeria. Accomodation is available.
Call 08034958012, 08038858770, 08033734465
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Medalist13: 7:32am On May 14, 2013
Just becos they didn't win anything dis year is not any justification for sacking the man, dis dismissal & hiring of coaches every season isn't helping them at all rather its postponing dia chance of building a worldclass team. Mancini is a hero and he shuld be treated as such, he shuld ave bin given more tym to build an unbeatable team. It took 3yrs 4 ferguson 2 win his first trophy 4 man-u & look at the height he's attained nw-2 me its uncalled 4.
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by jpphilips(m): 7:33am On May 14, 2013
LecturerIFE: With all the billions he spent, good riddance!

some peeps are being unnecessarily emotional, a coach like mancini should know better,
after the big spendings of last year, the premiership title is not just enough to recoop their investment.
fA is the biggest money spinner in the english league, capitulating to an underdog, ordinary wigan athletic in a finals at that is nothing but an inexcusable failure.

I dont expect most Nigerians to understand the etihad decision cos we have a tradition of celebrating incompetence, however, someone needs to send a strong message to oga mancini that man city is not a bakery but a football club.
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by lainex(m): 7:34am On May 14, 2013
A very useless coach to say wit all is players, fegurson go see dis kind players him no go dey carry da league nii. Abi when mourinho c players him no perform for chelsea nii
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Nobody: 7:41am On May 14, 2013
The Sheikh's patience with this man was becoming bemusing. He should have been sacked even before last season when he fumbled his way to the EPL title on goal difference. That's why I prefer the no-nonsense approach of my beloved Emperor Abramovich. Patience is not always a virtue, certainly not with mediocrity, and certainly not when you've spent billions of pounds in pursuit of excellence.

Much as I detest Mourinho and his antics, I have no doubt that he would have won at least 2 EPL titles and performed much better in the UCL if he had been in Mancini's position all these years. Any other top class manager would have also done the same with this Man City squad and the Shiekh's bottomless riches. Someone like Wenger would have reduced the league to a perpetual one-horse formality race if he were in Mancini's lucky shoes. Afterall, the last the time Wenger had something close to Man City's team at Arsenal, he went on an unprecedented unbeaten run.

It's impossible to find any excuses for Mancini because there simply aren't any. Let him take his "wobbling and fumbling" (apologies to Fanny Amun) elsewhere. Good riddance, but bad news for Chelsea and Man U though.

1 Like

Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by splashbaby(m): 7:52am On May 14, 2013
Benitez should be able to lock this one down as usual...always getting juicy jobs
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by habayommy: 8:00am On May 14, 2013
trigar12: Wenger is the next manager to go. Wigan pls do the damage tomorrow. Well, has anyone claimed responsibility for the sack?
yes na, Boko Haram has claimed responsibility for the sack lipsrsealed
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Nuzo1(m): 8:05am On May 14, 2013
yemmy19:

It means Morinho should be shown his way out for winning a major trophy,a copa del rey and a spanish super cup in three years cos Mancini won dsame thing under his tutelage.....some players αяє poo in Τ̅ђα̲̅τ team....datz all

Real' already knew Morinho was going elsewhere at the end of the season. They had to save themselves the stress and scandal of sacking a coach. It fukcs upp the morality and mentality of players.

Besides, it does cost a lot of money to sack a coach than to let him go on his own time.

And how is having bad players Man-city fault? Mancini had the time and resourses to hire and fire as at when due. He didn't.
He's to be blame for having bad players.
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Chimerase(m): 8:10am On May 14, 2013
Mansini OUT PERIWINKLE IN gringrin
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Nuzo1(m): 8:20am On May 14, 2013
CFCfan: Ancelotti was sacked by Chelsea one year after winning the Premier League
Mancini was also sacked one year after winning the EPL.

Is there a conspiracy against Italian managers?

Yeah, its illuminatti!

Everything is conspiracy (theory) for you guys. undecided
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by IYANGBALI: 8:34am On May 14, 2013
Sloganz: Pathetic club. undecided

13/05/2012 Roberto Mancini wins Manchester City's first Premier League title

13/05/2013 Roberto Mancini sacked by Manchester City

13/05/2014 Manchester City RELEGATED
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by lawizle(m): 8:37am On May 14, 2013
GraceBestowed: See the trouble Wigan Athletic has caused!

Men d@z life 4u oh..success to one is a failure to otherz..bitter truth.
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Jhulyan(m): 8:46am On May 14, 2013
Afam4eva: Why have they sacked him? Are they Madrid or barca? They're not happy he helped them win their first premiership title and helped them place second this yea thereby qualifying them for UEFA.
considering the amount of money involved,i don't think so

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 1) On 14th March 2021 / PSG Vs Manchester City:UCL (2 - 2) On 6th April 2016 / Liverpool Vs Atalanta: Europa League (0 - 3) On 11th April 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.