Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,495 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True (1204 Views)

Pastor And Native Doctor Confess To Killing People, Paraded With Their Rituals / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? / Now That T.B. Joshua's Prophecy Is True, Will You Visit/attend His Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by Nobody: 7:28am On May 14, 2013
Yes,

Atheists are very arrogant and dismissive towards many religious people and their arguments.

But is that all? No.

The arrogance atheists have to some religious arguments is the same as the one a sober person would show to a drunk and disorderly person.

If a young child came to tell you that the toothfairy would curse you for not brushing your teeth before you sleep, would you take that child seriously? No

Now, imagine a religious person telling you that his god is the judge of all morality and will punish you for not obeying his commands. Why the hell would you take that person seriously?

Note that the toothfairy and religious gods have never one day shown themselves in public and have never given their followers any benefit over disbelievers

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by Mranony: 8:30am On May 14, 2013
Logicboy03: Yes,

Atheists are very arrogant and dismissive towards many religious people and their arguments.

But is that all? No.

The arrogance atheists have to some religious arguments is the same as the one a sober person would show to a drunk and disorderly person.

If a young child came to tell you that the toothfairy would curse you for not brushing your teeth before you sleep, would you take that child seriously? No

Now, imagine a religious person telling you that his god is the judge of all morality and will punish you for not obeying his commands. Why the hell would you take that person seriously?

Note that the toothfairy and religious gods have never one day shown themselves in public and have never given their followers any benefit over disbelievers

lol, I'm going to be an arrogant Christian here and dismiss this post with a wave of my hand. We adults have more important things to discuss.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by Nobody: 8:48am On May 14, 2013
Mr anony:
lol, I'm going to be an arrogant Christian here and dismiss this post with a wave of my hand. We adults have more important things to discuss.

smh....better things to discuss like you failed conclusion that it is not wrong to kill people if death is not evil?
Re: Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by Mranony: 9:08am On May 14, 2013
Logicboy03:
smh....better things to discuss like you failed conclusion that it is not wrong to kill people if death is not evil?
Read the bold again.
Re: Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by Nobody: 9:09am On May 14, 2013
Mr anony:
Read the bold again

And what is wrong with the bold, mughty anonynizer?
Re: Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by Mranony: 9:11am On May 14, 2013
Logicboy03:
And what is wrong with the bold, mughty anonynizer?
My point exactly: Nothing is wrong with the bold
Re: Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by Nobody: 9:26am On May 14, 2013
Mr anony:
My point exactly: Nothing is wrong with the bold

Death is not evil
murder/killing is evil

Simple commonsense that you lack
Re: Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by Mranony: 9:28am On May 14, 2013
Logicboy03:

Death is not evil
murder/killing is evil

Simple commonsense that you lack
Lololol. If death is not evil, why then is killing evil? How can something that causes a 'good' thing be evil?
Re: Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by Nobody: 9:32am On May 14, 2013
Mr anony:
Lololol. If death is not evil, why then is killing evil? How can something that causes a 'good' thing be evil?

If something is not evil, it doesnt necessarily mean that thing is good! There is neutral. Something that a religious (Abrahamic) mind can never understand.

Good and evil do not apply to everything. They dont apply to death

Lastly, Death and Killing are two different things. If one is evil it doesnt follow that the other will be.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by ooman(m): 9:34am On May 14, 2013
Anony, you are still not getting the point.

No one has the right to take another person's life.

If a person want to die, they may die, but to take another persons life is wrong.
Re: Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by Mranony: 9:44am On May 14, 2013
Logicboy03:

If something is not evil, it doesnt necessarily mean that thing is good! There is neutral. Something that a religious (Abrahamic) mind can never understand.
ad hom

In that case neither should good and evil apply to it's opposite which is Life

Lastly, Death and Killing are two different things. If one is evil it doesnt follow that the other will be.
Last I checked killing always results in death. I wonder how killing managed to always be evil while it's purpose and consequence remained "neutral"

Let me not derail your thread, come and discuss with us on the other thread if you want.

[Un-following]
Re: Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by Mranony: 9:45am On May 14, 2013
ooman: Anony, you are still not getting the point.

No one has the right to take another person's life.

If a person want to die, they may die, but to take another persons life is wrong.
Why?
Re: Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by ooman(m): 9:48am On May 14, 2013
Mr anony:
Why?

maybe because another person's life is not your business.
Re: Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by plaetton: 6:28pm On May 14, 2013
Mr anony:

Your logic is childish, to say the least.
First saying that death is not evil does not automatically translate to it being a good cause.
Death is not evil because it is the natural and inevitable phase of everything that lives.

By Killing someone, on the hand, you are interrupting the process of life, a task for which you do not have the perogative or the permission to do.
Re: Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by frank317: 6:54pm On May 14, 2013
Mr anony:

guy... death is not evil. death is an inevitable end for every one weather u are a good person or a bad person. if death was bad, then good people will not die. do u know u will one day die? does it mean something bad will one day happen to u. remember this is everybody's end. everybody end cant be evil.

killing is bad. everybody will die weather his is killed or not. but the act of killing is evil because it is an action of the living. it is something nagative the the living choose to control. death cant be controlled.

if one dies as a result of being killed. the act of killing that had been done to him is bad. the fact that he is death is not bad, because it is unavoidable. weather he is killed or not, he will still die.
Re: Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by yemee: 3:52pm On May 17, 2013
No,you're wrong.Atheists are not arrogant,they are blind-very blind.
Re: Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by UyiIredia(m): 4:21pm On May 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

No, good and evil can be applied to death since death has utility and since death can evoke emotions of grief or in some cases (e.g Abacha) happiness.
Re: Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by DeepSight(m): 4:23pm On May 17, 2013
plaetton:

Your logic is childish, to say the least.
First saying that death is not evil does not automatically translate to it being a good cause.
Death is not evil because it is the natural and inevitable phase of everything that lives.

By Killing someone, on the hand, you are interrupting the process of life, a task for which you do not have the perogative or the permission to do.

This too is illogical. If death is the inevitable fate of all living things, how is bringing about death an interruption? You are only effecting that which must anyhow happen, no?

Secondly answer me these three -

1. Is it wrong or evil to kill animals and please state the reason for your answer.

2. Is it wrong or evil when animals kill other animals and please state the reason for your answer.

3. Is it wrong or evil for a cannibal to kill you for the purpose of consuming your meat as food for his sustenance.

Many thanks.
Re: Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by UyiIredia(m): 4:24pm On May 17, 2013
yemee: No,you're wrong.Atheists are not arrogant,they are blind-very blind.

Especially, with regard to using their reason on the subject of evolution.
Re: Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 17, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Especially, with regard to using their reason on the subject of evolution.

Smh....you had potential......but you have gone back to foolishness.....
Re: Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 17, 2013
Deep Sight:

This too is illogical. If death is the inevitable fate of all living things, how is bringing about death an interruption? You are only effecting that which must anyhow happen, no?

1. Is it wrong or evil to kill animals and please state the reason for your answer.

2. Is it wrong or evil when animals kill other animals and please state the reason for your answer.

3. Is it wrong or evil for a cannibal to kill you for the purpose of consuming your meat as food for his sustenance.

Many thanks.

Another dumbazz that can't tell the difference between "killing" and "death".

I heard you were a lawyer, I hope that isnt true because in the profession, terminology/definition is quite important
Re: Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by DeepSight(m): 5:58pm On May 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Another dumbazz that can't tell the difference between "killing" and "death".

I heard you were a lawyer, I hope that isnt true because in the profession, terminology/definition is quite important

I see that some things never change.

Good evening.
Re: Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 17, 2013
Deep Sight:

I see that some things never change.

Good evening.

Wrong!

Change is constant wink

Good evening
Re: Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 17, 2013
Logicboy03: Yes,

But is that all? No.

Another shameless advertisement of gross foolishness from the legendary Knight of senseless reasoning himself!

Well done, Sir il-logicboy. smiley
Re: Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 17, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Another shameless advertisement of gross foolishness from the legendary Knight of senseless reasoning himself!

Well done, Sir il-logicboy. smiley

I take that as a compliment because anything you say is the complete opposite of the truth wink
Re: Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 17, 2013
^^ Is that right? cheesy
Re: Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 17, 2013
Ihedinobi: ^^ Is that right? cheesy

wink
Re: Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by UyiIredia(m): 9:08pm On May 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Smh....you had potential......but you have gone back to foolishness.....

Doesn't change the fact that you fail to see flaws in the evolutionary theory.
Re: Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by AtheistD(m): 9:16pm On May 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Precisely. If death is evil then we sin when we kill... including soldiers. Why didnt jesus condemn the centurion. Also, didnt the Israelites have armies and wage wars all in Gods name. So God sanctioned killing and yet condemned it as evil.
Re: Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 17, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Doesn't change the fact that you fail to see flaws in the evolutionary theory.

ehem....flaws that you with limited knowledge of science can see in a theory you hardly understand?

Excuse me while i take your opinion with a bowl of garri
Re: Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by DeepSight(m): 9:59am On May 18, 2013
Deep Sight:

Many thanks.

[size=24pt]PLAETTON, ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS PLEASE.[/size]
Re: Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 18, 2013
Deep Sight:

Many thanks.

1.It is not wrong to kill other animals because they are part of the food chain system that sustains man and provides a huge source for his protein needs.
It is not wrong for other animals to kill other animals as long as they do not belong to the same species. Because 2.just like humans(higher animals) kill other animals for food, other animals kill other weak animals for food.
3. It is wrong for a cannibal to kill me because he belongs to the same species as me...The fact that he feels like killing me goes on to show that he has a perversion that is brought as a result of distorted thoughts patterns and unholy cravings...The only way I may not entirely blame someone for eating another person is if there is scarcity of food and one party attacks the other to keep his cells and microbial flora and fauna alive.

(1) (Reply)

Muoka's Lies About The Apron / Questions That Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Must Answer - Japheth Omojuwa / The Jewish Messiah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.