Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:32 PM

157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct (6266 Views)

LASTMA Officers Arrest Military,NSCDC Officers Driving On BRT Lane In Lagos(pics / LASTMA Officers Kill Bus Driver In Lagos; Man Beaten To Coma / Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by Bonaguy(m): 8:05am On May 14, 2013
[img]http://4.bp..com/-kjdcx_8Jozo/UZHgRjGKK5I/AAAAAAAAKBw/zlW-gevz0cU/s320/%253D%253Futf-8%253FB%253FTEFTVE1BLW9mZmljaWFscy02MTJ4MzAwLmpwZw%253D%253D%253F%253D-728777[/img]

For involving in gross misconduct bothering on corruption, and indiscipline, the Lagos State Government has sacked 157 officers of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA).

It was learnt that the dismissed LASTMA officers were dragged to the Personnel Management Board, a disciplinary organ of government to prove their innocence but failed to convince the board hence they were sacked.

The PMB, satisfied that they were no-longer fit in the service, while the Civil Service Commission issued sacked letters to the affected officers. It was further gathered that the sacked officers also had cases of corruption, certificate forgery, bribery and dereliction of duty leveled against them.

Source told SUN News the names of another batch of about 50 LASTMA officers had just been forwarded to the Personnel Management Board to look into cases of gross misconduct against them, as more LASTMA officers might be sacked in few weeks to come.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/lagos-sacks-157-lastma-officers-over-misconduct/
http://gistmetro..co.uk/2013/05/lagos-sacks-157-lastma-officers-over.html
Re: 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by beordune(m): 11:09am On May 14, 2013
Nice one......
Re: 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by Nobody: 11:10am On May 14, 2013
I see
Re: 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by Nobody: 11:10am On May 14, 2013
LASTMA officers are to an extent the best thing that happened to Lagosians, most saturdays when you have less LASTMA officials on the highway is a pointer to this effect. If the government can continue with this cleansing of the agency, then the menance of bad drivers would reduce to a large extent. I hope they could have a toll free number to call and report officers who are corrupt. Eko oni baje.

5 Likes

Re: 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by IyfeNamikaze(m): 11:11am On May 14, 2013
good one!
By the 1st to comment sha.
Soon i will make front page
Re: 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by Chaflyje(m): 11:11am On May 14, 2013
Way to go, hope it calls the rest of em to order.
Re: 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by Nobody: 11:13am On May 14, 2013
Hmmmn na wah oh,I just hope those are the main reasons why they were sacked.
Re: 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by Nobody: 11:15am On May 14, 2013
What do you expect before? I am not surprised. Lagos State government recruited touts into LASTMA and you expect them to come with real certificates. And to even think that these are the same people meant to be recruited as state police.
Re: 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by Man2utd(m): 11:17am On May 14, 2013
I hope the one that collected money from me along oshodi express way was among those sacked... He was even ready to go to the ATM machine with me.
Re: 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by sammyyoung2(m): 11:17am On May 14, 2013
teeo: LASTMA officers are to an extent the best thing that happened to Lagosians, most saturdays when you have less LASTMA officials on the highway is a pointer to this effect. If the government can continue with this cleansing of the agency, then the menance of bad drivers would reduce to a large extent. I hope they could have a toll free number to call and report officers who are corrupt. Eko oni baje.

O baje ti....Ope OO!

1 Like

Re: 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by sammyyoung2(m): 11:18am On May 14, 2013
plz, dont forget to sack my brother here also......

1 Like

Re: 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by Pergrace: 11:18am On May 14, 2013
This is long over due...They have really abused their powers.
Re: 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by WorldwarIII: 11:18am On May 14, 2013
Certificate forgery? shocked undecided No wonder they behave like agberos..
Re: 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by Nobody: 11:21am On May 14, 2013
LASTMA officials Salary come from the fines collected from culprits. So my sources inform me that these LASTMA officials DID NOT bring enough culprits so no fines were received for their continuous engagements in the service. Fashola's crew is getting broke, they converted IGR and Fed ALLO to their own funds and spread themselves thin by investing in too many PSP- From toll-gates at Lekki Epe, to Toll Gate lekki phase 1-Ikoyi; Eko Atlantic City, Lekki Free Trade Zone etc, now they cant even afford to pay LASTMA but expect them to implicate road users before getting paid from taxes/fines from road users. Its a FAT Shame! Now LASTMA officials are sacked for NOT meeting up their TARGET number of culprits ..lol

1 Like

Re: 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by MadCow1: 11:22am On May 14, 2013
Re: 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by Moji12(f): 11:24am On May 14, 2013
see. Job opportunity oooo,so d saying dat if one person own no spoil,anodr person own no get better. Anyway keep fishing d incompetent out,let dose hu r qualified filled in. angry
Re: 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by Nobody: 11:28am On May 14, 2013
I have hear
Re: 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by beordune(m): 11:28am On May 14, 2013
Billyonaire: LASTMA officials Salary come from the fines collected from culprits. So my sources inform me that these LASTMA officials DID NOT bring enough culprits so no fines were received for their continuous engagements in the service. Fashola's crew is getting broke, they converted IGR and Fed ALLO to their own funds and spread themselves thin by investing in too many PSP- From toll-gates at Lekki Epe, to Toll Gate lekki phase 1-Ikoyi; Eko Atlantic City, Lekki Free Trade Zone etc, now they cant even afford to pay LASTMA but expect them to implicate road users before getting paid from taxes/fines from road users. Its a FAT Shame! Now LASTMA officials are sacked for NOT meeting up their TARGET number of culprits ..lol

As much as i don't know how true your claim is; i won't believe its true...

2 Likes

Re: 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by Nobody: 11:30am On May 14, 2013
Aha! Bush meat has caught the hunter tongue
Re: 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by malc619(m): 11:32am On May 14, 2013
Billyonaire: LASTMA officials Salary come from the fines collected from culprits. So my sources inform me that these LASTMA officials DID NOT bring enough culprits so no fines were received for their continuous engagements in the service. Fashola's crew is getting broke, they converted IGR and Fed ALLO to their own funds and spread themselves thin by investing in too many PSP- From toll-gates at Lekki Epe, to Toll Gate lekki phase 1-Ikoyi; Eko Atlantic City, Lekki Free Trade Zone etc, now they cant even afford to pay LASTMA but expect them to implicate road users before getting paid from taxes/fines from road users. Its a FAT Shame! Now LASTMA officials are sacked for NOT meeting up their TARGET number of culprits ..lol

A Billion Naira in your Savannah Bank Acc... Good

1 Billion Particles of fecal matter in ur head... BAD

Zero Brain Cells in your coconut head... VERY BAD

cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by ceejay80s(m): 11:33am On May 14, 2013
Thank God!!
Make i go buy volkwagen beetle now now
Re: 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by DAY12(m): 11:40am On May 14, 2013

Guy, I'm confused about your age again... remain me pls? wink
Re: 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by caesaraba(m): 11:41am On May 14, 2013
Lol. It seems everything of recent in this country is happening in their hundreds.

275 die in Bama. 103 die in Nasarawa. 157 sacked in Lagos. Etc.
Re: 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by adexsimply(m): 11:50am On May 14, 2013
157 thieves to go hungry because of greed cheesy cheesy
Re: 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by BARKiNG1(m): 11:51am On May 14, 2013
all these officers go become armed robbers and kidnappers since job no dey again..
Re: 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by blackbeau1(f): 11:52am On May 14, 2013
i hope this was not facilitated by the fact that they dont have people in high places but sha, all the same if this was done correctly,then its ok.it is a step in the right direction because this lastma people keep acting as if they are deputy Gods.its time to show them that they can be subdued just like the next person
Re: 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by mediainspired: 11:54am On May 14, 2013
Why just 157? If they are sincere, not less than 10,000 should be sacked for corruption, incompetence and acute lack of understanding of their real job functions. Most of them think it's to set a trap for car owners so they culd extort N5000 or N10,000. Along with Lastam, those CBD agberos on Lagos island are the black spots in Fashola's garment that affect his rating.
Re: 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by Delafruita(m): 11:56am On May 14, 2013
this is just idiotic.thats like saying teachers salaries come from the schools or salaries for LAWMA come from waste-disposal fees.LASTMA officials were placed on salaries based on a structure.by the way,is it all lastma officials that are on the road?are there not many in their various offices?this is a new low for you

2 Likes

Re: 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 14, 2013
They can shift their attention and engage their energy in robbery. The govt should demote them rather than sacking them #mytake though# otu nne unu
Re: 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by donlyone(m): 12:03pm On May 14, 2013

I have heard what you said from several sources before and thought it was disturbing, however, in this case, they may truely have been sacked because of their offences.

That may also account for their greed and apathy to commuters.

One of them tried to have my friend's car confiscated immediately it broke down on the road as if its a crime for your vehicle to develop a fault. Thank God that my fried is an SSS officer and also loves trouble.
Re: 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by Rawshal(m): 12:09pm On May 14, 2013
dis show dat u ar 1 of culprt of dis mess
Re: 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct by Capnd143(m): 1:29pm On May 14, 2013
I love baba fashola! This is the first islamist i have seen that has brain, the rest are herdsmen,jihadist and virgin hunters!
If buhari lets fashola go 4 presidency instead of him, then ACN Has the golden opportunity of becoming Ruling party! Bt if it is Gen.BUHARI . . ! No hope for Acn and i wil vote retardeen Gej all the way!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Silenced Buhari Supporters Today. / Ex-NNPP National Chairman Alkali, Kaduna Guber Candidate, Hunkuyi Defect To APC / Has Any Nigerian President Ever Worn Suit? When?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.