Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments (13341 Views)

Official Nedg Vice Presidential Debate 2015: Comments And Blunders / Mujahidat, Asari Dokubo's Wife Just Posted This On Facebook... / Presidency Disowns Australian Boko Haram Negotiator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by NorthernReps: 8:43am On May 14, 2013
The Presidency on Monday defended one of its own, Kingsley Kuku, over a recent statement credited to him to the effect that the re-election of President Goodluck Jonathan in 2015 will be the only condition for sustained peace in the oil-rich Niger Delta.

But Abuja in the same breath disowned founder of the outlawed Niger Delta Peoples Volunteer Force (NDPVF), Mujaheed Asari-Dokubo, over similar statement, saying his drum beats on the 2015 elections “should be ignored by Nigerians who are conversant with his antecedents.”

At separate fora, the duo were reported to have threatened that Nigeria would not know peace if the President was not re-elected come 2015.

Kuku, the Presidential Adviser on Niger Delta and chairman of the Presidential Amnesty Office, was reported to have made the statement in the United States last week while addressing State Department officials.

Although he has denied making such a statement linking peace in the Niger Delta region to the second coming of Jonathan, Asari-Dokubo has remained unremorseful, daring the nation’s security agencies to come after him.

“I stand by my statement. There will be no peace, not only in the Niger Delta, but everywhere, if Goodluck Jonathan is not President by 2015,” he had responded following hostile reactions to his earlier threats.

However, Political Adviser to the President, Ali Ahmed Gulak, told Daily Independent on Monday that the controversies generated by the statements were “unwarranted and politicised in many respects; hence, there is the need to put the records straight and let Nigerians know that the Presidency does not promote violence.”

“From many quarters, insinuations have come that Mr. President is encouraging his kinsmen to threaten violence; I say without any equivocation that this is absolutely untrue and unduly politicised by those who seek cheap relevance and hide under the opposition to ventilate ignoble comments.

“For purposes of clarification, however, it has become very necessary for us to state that there is the need to separate these two statements allegedly made by the Presidential Adviser and Asari-Dokubo.

“Apart from the fact that both statements are not the same, hence do not deserve the same treatment, it is important to state that Kuku, who oversees the Presidential Amnesty Office was grossly misquoted and deliberately misinterpreted out of context.

“This is said with utmost sincerity because we have cross checked the facts relating to what he said in the United States and we are convinced that he said just what is real and purposeful, that just like other Nigerians, President Jonathan should not be denied the opportunity to run in 2015 if and when he so decides.

“Kuku, unlike Dokubo, did not say there will be crisis if President Jonathan is not re-elected.

“Of course, we all know that the right to accept or reject anyone at the poll rests with the voters who are the ordinary Nigerians.

“However, it is very vital to state with every sense of responsibility that the views expressed by Dokubo do not enjoy the support of the Presidency, neither do such views or comments represent anything near democracy and the rule of law.

“Therefore, Dokubo should be ignored by Nigerians who are conversant with his antecedents. Here is a man, who just a few months ago took the person of the President and high ranking officials to the cleaners for no just cause,” Gulak said.

He added: “Unlike Kuku, who was quoted out of context, Dokubo is an unserious fellow who speaks from both sides of the mouth even from the highest bidder.

“Nigerians are therefore urged to disregard whatever he says and ignore him as not representing the views of the government.”

Many groups, organisations and individuals, including the House of Representatives and Niger State Governor, Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu, had condemned Kuku and Asari-Dokubo for their statements.

Indeed, the House last week urged the Inspector General (IG) of Police, Mohammed Abubakar, to probe Asari-Dokubo and Kuku for their inflammatory utterances following a motion moved by member representing Dala Federal Constituency of Kano State, Aliyu Madaki.

But the Ijaw Republican Assembly supported the controversial comments. Spokesperson of the group, Annkio Briggs, said the statements credited to Kuku and Dokubo represented the aspirations of the people of the Niger Delta.

Also on Monday, Ijaw National Leader, Edwin Clark, came down heavily on the House of Representatives over its resolution ordering the arrest of Kuku and Asari-Dokubo.

Clark, in a petition to Speaker of the House, Aminu Tambuwal, berated the House leadership and members for allegedly ignoring previous provocative statements by some Northern leaders about 2015 Presidential election.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/05/2015-presidency-disowns-asari-dokubo/
http://www.facebook.com/NorthernReporters
infonorthern@yahoo.com

Re: Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by tinuolababy(f): 8:49am On May 14, 2013
Hehehe lobatan cheesy
Re: Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by splashbaby(m): 8:58am On May 14, 2013
Too late folks! Damage has been done already..Jonathan kinsmen thinks they own Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by Wily2wily: 9:09am On May 14, 2013
splashbaby: Too late folks! Damage has been done already..Jonathan kinsmen thinks they own Nigeria.
what damage

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by jamesibor: 9:10am On May 14, 2013
splashbaby: Too late folks! Damage has been done already..Jonathan kinsmen thinks they own Nigeria.

Oh well, they do since they pay the bills.

He who pays the piper dictates the tune, innit?

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by Nobody: 9:12am On May 14, 2013
Waiting for abati
Re: Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by splashbaby(m): 9:17am On May 14, 2013
Wily2wily:
what damage
What I deduce from the article is a kind of damage control. When Asari and Kuku takes over the job of Doyin and Abati then you know whats up.
Re: Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by Wily2wily: 9:28am On May 14, 2013
splashbaby: What I deduce from the article is a kind of damage control. When Asari and Kuku takes over the job of Doyin and Abati then you know whats up.
What they said is not different from what Buhari and co preached, even went to the length of executing their threat through Almajiris and Buhari Boko Haram army.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by lacasa: 9:31am On May 14, 2013
james_ibor:

Oh well, they do since they pay the bills.

He who pays the piper dictates the tune, innit?

They pay yr family's bills? No wonder u a sadist

1 Like

Re: Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by TRUTHTELA: 9:38am On May 14, 2013
lacasa:

They pay yr family's bills? No wonder u a sadist

Every dime been spent in northern nigeria by the gov's, EX- generals, ministers, Rtd public servants, the "millionaires", etc comes from NIGER DELTA, better still, SOuthern Nigeria. Lets call a spade a spade, North is the WRETCHED of the earth, just like Niger, chad, Mali, sudan & all the cursed ARID land and people up there. Respect ur saviors.

11 Likes

Re: Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by nairalad: 9:47am On May 14, 2013
The Nigerian Presidency is a BIG joke.
Dokubo can only be ignored if he is speaking from the inner walls of Yaba left. If he is qualified to be sane when he utter those then he should be jailed.

If Buhari has said those things in the past what stopped the Presidency from prosecuting him? Oh I see.. the presidency is afraid of Buhari.

8 Likes

Re: Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by nairalad: 9:50am On May 14, 2013
TRUTHTELA:

Every dime been spent in northern nigeria by the gov's, EX- generals, ministers, Rtd public servants, the "millionaires", etc comes from NIGER DELTA, better still, SOuthern Nigeria. Lets call a spade a spade, North is the WRETCHED of the earth, just like Niger, chad, Mali, sudan & all the cursed ARID land and people up there. Respect ur saviors.

^
Do you mind explaining how this came about?

1 Like

Re: Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by Wily2wily: 10:09am On May 14, 2013
nairalad: The Nigerian Presidency is a BIG joke.
If Buhari has said those things in the past what stopped the Presidency from prosecuting him? Oh I see.. the presidency is afraid of Buhari.
No body is afraid of that PTF thief called Buhari,
Re: Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by Nobody: 11:20am On May 14, 2013
TRUTHTELA:

If the core north were to secede and form their own country, is there anything to suggest that they would be better than their wretched kinsmen in these wretched countries you mentioned? I doubt it. If anything, they would be worse off than these countries - if we factor in their huge population of miserable destitutes. This forces us into only one conclusion i.e. the Niger Delta's oil money is the ONLY source of the little economic development and wealth enjoyed by northerners. I therefore agree with you completely.

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by ckkris: 11:49am On May 14, 2013
nairalad:

^
Do you mind explaining how this came about?
Why?
Re: Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by ckkris: 11:51am On May 14, 2013
Wily2wily:
Yesterday men that looted Nigeria. Game over.
Re: Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by lafuria1(m): 12:23pm On May 14, 2013
Wily2wily:
sarcasm i guess
Re: Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by vccghana(m): 12:23pm On May 14, 2013

its your brohers from the north owns nigEria ABI
Re: Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by Delafruita(m): 12:26pm On May 14, 2013
TRUTHTELA:

which saviours?this is one reason i support full fiscal federalism.let every state use its own resources to take care of itself

1 Like

Re: Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by vccghana(m): 12:26pm On May 14, 2013
There is nothing the north will do, even if they bomb the whole country Nigeria has move on. Jonathan will always win 2015. Fresh Air!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by ochukoccna: 12:30pm On May 14, 2013
Re: Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 14, 2013
why does it always take them this far to dissociate themselves .bunch of retardeens .
Re: Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by Lilimax(f): 12:34pm On May 14, 2013
Asari Dokubo knows what he is doing. He is protecting his interest with everything he has.
He is benefitting seriously from this present Government and he knows that if GEJ
government is out of power, his source of income will wane.
Like my people will say: Who wan sand to be poured for im garri shocked shocked shocked?
Make them leave Asari alone joor?

1 Like

Re: Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by dkingsman4real(m): 12:37pm On May 14, 2013
Asari do not speak the mind of the President but the mind of the NIGER DELTANS. thank GOD we have a person like him to speak for us. finally a voice of the minority had given the Nation sleepless night.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by Joyfullyme: 12:37pm On May 14, 2013
We are soo used to slavery that we cannot imagine ourselves eating on the same table with our slave masters. The blindness in Nigeria is great.
Re: Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by DonaldGenes(m): 12:45pm On May 14, 2013
[quote
author=pro01]

If the core north were to secede and form their own country, is there
anything to suggest that they would be better than their wretched
kinsmen in these wretched countries you mentioned? I doubt it. If
anything, they would be worse off than these countries - if we factor
in their huge population of miserable destitutes. This forces us into
only one conclusion i.e. the Niger Delta's oil money is the ONLY source
of the little economic development and wealth enjoyed by northerners. I
therefore agree with you completely.[/quote]
aptly said..you just earn mu espousal buddy for that......on the contrary what kuku said ain't nothing but the truth...let nobody not even the secutity men should dare even touch him or else....
Re: Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by sakaguchi(m): 12:49pm On May 14, 2013
I don't know why whenever topical issues on Nigeria is brought to the fore, NLders quickly get to their keys and start typing Meiotic comments and find a thousand and one reasons why the country should divide. I have said this over and over again, Nigeria is a mega country made up of diverse ethnic inclusions each having its own distinct identity. The only things we have in common is the country we call Nigeria. Many countries have fought and experienced trying times as these poking Nigeria but they found ways to outlive it. There was once a war between the American south and Northern state, today, the USA is a "progressive free state" typified.
It would be a fairy tale to think that as a country we can divide into two, three, or four segments. To start with, Nigeria is not delineated into 2 religious halves by a conspicuous line, there a millions of Muslims in the south-west as far as Lagos, and the man Dokubo who has brought up this discussion is a Southern Muslim. Also, there are Millions of christians in Plateau, Niger, Kwara, Bauchi, Kebbi, Kogi to list but a few. How can you draw up such lines for the purpose of your phantasmagoric country. What makes you think the North will not further divide into several splinter state as they are by far not homogeneous by any sense. What makes us think the Yorubas would form a "happy ever after" state with the Igbo's. What makes us think the Niger-Delta wants to swap one evil of being a minority in Nigeria to being a minority with the igbos. My people, I might sound Naïve but that is the future I would love youths like me in this country to champion. Our problem is not in our diversity, we are not as diverse as America but they seem to be getting it right. Our country has been raped of its resources by our colonial Masters and the Baby-boomers generation of politicians who have ruled Nigeria from independence till date. They leave office and recycle themselves back into it making us to believe they are the Messiahs that we need and we are all incompetent. I say this, Dokubo has made a statement that will threaten the existence of peace in our country, he should be facing trial now, same thing goes to Buhari whose unguarded utterances in the past have contributed in putting our country in this unsavoury situation we have found ourselves. Do not be deceived, Jonathan has performed way below expectation, the souring hope and believe we have for the man in hat at 2011 elections have weathered off, but that does not mean we should swap tyrany of one kind for another. Jonathan has under-performed and he should know that his scorecard is what will determine his going back to Aso rock not cheap threat. At over 70, what is the coupist Buhari still eyeing Aso rock for? if he does not endorse a youthful and upright leader who is in tune with the zeitgeist of today's world, he should consider himself an enemy of the Nigerian youth and a briagand of our tomorrow, he does not have anything to offer in Aso rock and should accept it as fate.
Again, Buhari,Dokubo, Atiku and all others who have made inciting comments of this kind in the past should face trial. Na gama! Shikena!

9 Likes

Re: Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by DonaldGenes(m): 12:49pm On May 14, 2013
i hv a dream where one day the north and south will divide.
Click like button if you think nigeria should divide in other for peace to reign...

8 Likes

Re: Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by sakaguchi(m): 12:54pm On May 14, 2013
Donalð Genes: i hv a dream where one day the north and south will divide.
Click like button if you think nigeria should divide in other for peace to reign...
Sorry!
Keep your dreams to yourself

5 Likes

Re: Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by ZeusI: 1:04pm On May 14, 2013
The game has turned, everything that SS and SE lost during the North-South West regime will be realised, hundred folds. Asari is safe, Uwazurike 'Treason charge' will be overuled, the hunter will become the hunted. I am watching...

1 Like

Re: Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by AmyMarins(f): 1:16pm On May 14, 2013
Delafruita: which saviours?this is one reason i support full fiscal federalism.let every state use its own resources to take care of itself

In other words, u wish for more miseries in †ђξ north. Resources from oda states r used to fend for most northern states(if not all sef) now, still, tins r upside down, let alone if "full fiscal federalism" is implemented. Dont just bother!
Re: Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 14, 2013
pro01:

If the core north were to secede and form their own country, is there anything to suggest that they would be better than their wretched kinsmen in these wretched countries you mentioned? I doubt it. If anything, they would be worse off than these countries - if we factor in their huge population of miserable destitutes. This forces us into only one conclusion i.e. the Niger Delta's oil money is the ONLY source of the little economic development and wealth enjoyed by northerners. I therefore agree with you completely.
i bet if nigeria was to be dissolved 2day there will b no difference btw northen nigeria and somalia...D two fits.The last time i heard cbn forecass on poverty rate in nigeria,it said about 80% of the northenars are living in poverty(i dnt knw how tru),but if its any way to b tru dose it mean even with the oil money they ar stil vry poor?How wil it b witout d oil?...No wonda buhari wil fight do or die 4 president n i dnt think niger delta wil kip shut n look at how buhari wil come n claim their oil money....Hmmm 2015 no go easy...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS / Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) / 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.