Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor (9721 Views)

Peter Obi Is Running For Senate / Oshiomhole Picks Godwin Obaseki As His Successor? / Calistus Obi Is Acting NIMASA DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by Geomac: 9:08am On May 14, 2013
I Am Yet To See A Suitable Successor - Gov Peter Obi

Anambra State Governor Peter Obi on Monday said he was searching for the right person to succeed him in 2014.

The governor said this when a group of religious leaders visited him at his lodge in Amawbia and urged him not to let the people alone decide who his successor would be.

He said though he was yet to find anyone a suitable successor, the people of Anambra State needed to be vigilant to ensure that a man of character and integrity becomes the next governor of the state.

He said he would continue to pray to God to give the state somebody better than himself and not a person without character, who might jeopardise the future of the state.

“He must not be a professional politician that sees politics not as a vocation to advance the progress of civilisation, but an avenue to steal the people’s money,” he said.

He said the person to come after him should be humble enough to realise that everybody is a human being that is entitled to respect as the image of God.

The leader and the President of the group, Rev. Innocent Obumneme, said they had come to the governor to express concern over the quality of the people aspiring to be governor.

He said some of the aspirant were merely thinking that running for public office had to do with the amount of money they had.

Obumneme urged the governor not to leave the choice of his successor to the people alone.

“You have a part to play and that posterity would not forgive you if after eight years, you allow a “fool” to take over the state because of his ability to buy everybody,” he said

http://www.punchng.com/news/im-still-searching-for-a-successor-obi/
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by Geomac: 9:12am On May 14, 2013
Charles Soludo/Dora Akunyili, are they not suitable for that position? Obi must be high on something.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by idumuose(m): 4:49pm On May 14, 2013
Ifeanyi Uba as an oil magnate is more than
Qualified to be the next Governor of Anambra
State.And I have my reasons.
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by slimghost(m): 4:57pm On May 14, 2013
idumuose: Ifeanyi Uba as an oil magnate is more than
Qualified to be the next Governor of Anambra
State.And I have my reasons.

Tufiakwa!!! That dumb illiterate money miss road? God Forbid.

I will go for:
Oseloka Obaze
Dora Akunyili
Chuma Soludo

7 Likes

Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by slimghost(m): 4:58pm On May 14, 2013
Geomac: Charles Soludo/Dora Akunyili, are they not suitable for that position? Obi must be high on something.

Is he supposed to force them at gun point? I believe that if the any of the duo you mentioned ever signifies interest, Peter Obi will back him/her up.

1 Like

Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by Geomac: 5:05pm On May 14, 2013
slimghost:

Is he supposed to force them at gun point? I believe that if the any of the duo you mentioned ever signifies interest, Peter Obi will back him/her up.

The signs are on the wall that Charles is contesting not too sure of Dora.
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by Agbalanze(m): 5:09pm On May 14, 2013
The masses should have the final say and not Mr Obi...

9 Likes

Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by Zonacom(m): 5:11pm On May 14, 2013
Its clear the religious leaders were refering to Ifeanyi ubah. That dude has got it all wrong, his campaign style is not just ok.
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by wellmax(m): 5:41pm On May 14, 2013
Dear Governor, it is not for you to find, it is for the people to decide.

11 Likes

Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by BashMe1(m): 5:43pm On May 14, 2013
[size=20pt]Oloshi eyan nii Obi yii sha... Oya die der na cos na only u dem do am 4. THWART!!![/size]

1 Like

Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by okolichibuzor(m): 5:43pm On May 14, 2013
he is promoting corruption.... And god fatherissm. Hw cn he say so. Mr peter obi. Kwns tht he is a failure in terms of politics. Let him present dora akuniliy. Let us kwn if mr peter obi a failure.
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by mymz(f): 5:44pm On May 14, 2013
wellmax: Dear Governor, it is not for you to find, it is for the people to decide.

Please tell the He-goat.
Peter Obi, the people will decide, not you. angry

3 Likes

Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by Kalif(m): 5:47pm On May 14, 2013
Like we giv 2cents about who he brings out to succeed him.
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by Kalif(m): 5:47pm On May 14, 2013
Like we giv 2cents about who he brings out to succeed him.
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 14, 2013
...Nigeria is a democratic state,Anambra indigenes will decide who to be their governor through election,not by you-deciding who to succeed you...

3 Likes

Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by modextus(m): 5:49pm On May 14, 2013
undecided Like seriously? Governors are now monarchs?

5 Likes

Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 14, 2013
Geomac: Charles Soludo/Dora Akunyili, are they not suitable for that position? Obi must be high on something.
if only Emeka Anyaoku would agree to run for Anambra gubernatorial race...and how I wish Achebe could be raised from death to lead Anambra cry cry cry
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by camelus: 5:51pm On May 14, 2013
Excellent Choice am looking up to them but hope Party Membership be not a problem.
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by slimghost(m): 5:52pm On May 14, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy See grown ups deceiving themselves on a public forum. The truth is, whoever Peter Obi supports, wins. Its as simple as A B C. Anybody with the knowledge of Anambra politics ATM already knows this. You can say whatever you want to about the man but the truth remains that the man has the final say. Unfortunately that's the FACT, whether its morally right is another topic for another day.
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by AGgal(f): 5:53pm On May 14, 2013
When did governors start picking their successors? Is it now a chieftaincy title?

2 Likes

Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by AGgal(f): 5:56pm On May 14, 2013
slimghost: cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy See grown ups coming deceiving themselves on a public forum. The truth is, whoever Peter Obi supports, wins. Its as simple as A B C. Anybody with the knowledge already knows this. You can say whatever you want to about the man but the truth remains that the man has the final say. Unfortunately that's the FACT, whether its morally right is another topic for another day.
Wateva! He doesn't have to say it as if its his inheritance
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by misterh(m): 5:59pm On May 14, 2013
Is it not the people that are supposed to choose your successor? Abi no be democracy we dey again ni? Someone shld help me out.
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by slimghost(m): 5:59pm On May 14, 2013
AG.gal:
When did governors start picking their successors? Is it now a chieftaincy title?

Welcome to Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by slimghost(m): 6:00pm On May 14, 2013
AG.gal:

Be fair to the man and read the post well. He was just responding to some people's concerns, not like he is trying to force anybody down on us.

1 Like

Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by kenbee(f): 6:01pm On May 14, 2013
Dear Mr Peter Obi, i think that this yet another reason for u to allow an open contest so that we, the Anambrarian will decide with our vote.
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by ddippset(m): 6:04pm On May 14, 2013
just imagine that! governor obi coming out to make such statement with impunity. your party will decide the flag bearer and anambra peolple will choose their governor. go to your family and choose your next of kin instead!

3 Likes

Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by ddippset(m): 6:05pm On May 14, 2013
leave anambra people alone to choose their successor and go to your family and choose your next of kin instead.
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by manny4life(m): 6:06pm On May 14, 2013
AG.gal:

He's entitled to his opinion, although he did not say it like it's his inheritance.
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by slimghost(m): 6:06pm On May 14, 2013
ddippset: just imagine that! governor obi coming out to make such statement with impunity. your party will decide the flag bearer and anambra peolple will choose their governor. go to your family and choose your next of kin instead!

Its obvious you are having comprehension problems. Did you come across this statement?

"He said though he was yet to find anyone a suitable successor, the people of Anambra State needed to be vigilant to ensure that a man of character and integrity becomes the next governor of the state".

3 Likes

Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by supaeagles(m): 6:07pm On May 14, 2013
"I Am Yet To See A Suitable Successor"....In a democracy, shouldn't the people see (find) the successor

2 Likes

Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by yuzedo: 6:08pm On May 14, 2013
piter bro, hola at me year grate succcesor. I make anabra to look like Jamny in 1-years bro, truss me! wink

Vote Jnr. Chief Dr. Sir YUZEDO Pollycap SweeTUs for govnor anabra 2014. cool free PuNnY for first 10 vote! wink wink wink

Seun, Mods, bro, suppoth my campain and I do advat on NL! wink plis be nice and don hide dis campain post dammit! angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by ajanaku2(m): 6:08pm On May 14, 2013

As a matter of fact, Charles Soludo is overly qualified for that job...

Obi is just playing Politics of Deceit!...May be he's high on Mary Jane, just as you posited!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

At Last, Good Bye Apc From Igboland!! / Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden / Don’t Threaten Danjuma, ACF Warns Tompolo, Dokubo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.