Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal (43688 Views)

7 Dangerous Acts After Meal / 7 Things Not To Do After A Meal / Do You Eat A Meal Inside A Public Transport ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal by kennyosein(m): 9:12am On May 14, 2013
1. Don’t smoke : Experiments from experts proves that smoking a cigarette after meal is comparable to smoking 10 cigarettes (chances of cancer is higher)

2. Don’t eat fruits immediately: Immediately eating fruits after meals will cause stomach to be bloated with air. Therefore take fruits 1 -2 hours after meal or 1 hour before meal.

3. Don’t drink tea: Because tea leaves contain a high content of acid. This substance will cause the protein content in the food we consume to be hundred thus difficult to digest.

4. Don’t loosen your belt: Loosening the belt after meal will easily cause the intestine to be twisted and blocked.

5. Don’t bathe: Bathing after meal will cause the increase of blood flow to the hands, legs and body thus the amount of blood around the stomach will therefore decrease, this will weaken the digestive system in our stomach.

6. Don’t walk about: People always say that after ameal walk a hundred steps and you will live till 99. In actual fact this is not true. Walking will cause the digestive system to be unable to absorb the nutrition from the food we intake.

7. Don’t sleep immediately: The food we intake will not be to digest properly. Thus will lead to gastric and infection in our intestine.

http://www.theworldlifestyle.com/seven-dangerous-act-after-meal/

20 Likes

Re: 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal by Blackteeth(m): 9:52am On May 14, 2013
I think this thing is a frontpage material. It should apply to folks in lagos who think cooking, eating, bathing, clothe washing and jumping into a bus all in a space of 10 minutes is the definition of smartness.

50 Likes

Re: 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal by Johnnyhoo(m): 3:12pm On May 14, 2013
am guilty of all except smoking..chai,ds 1 na gobe o

1 Like

Re: 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal by MadCow1: 3:12pm On May 14, 2013
kennyosein: 1. Don’t smoke : Experiments from experts proves that smoking a cigarette after meal is comparable to smoking 10 cigarettes (chances of cancer is higher)

2. Don’t eat fruits immediately: Immediately eating fruits after meals will cause stomach to be bloated with air. Therefore take fruits 1 -2 hours after meal or 1 hour before meal.

3. Don’t drink tea: Because tea leaves contain a high content of acid. This substance will cause the protein content in the food we consume to be hundred thus difficult to digest.

4. Don’t loosen your belt: Loosening the belt after meal will easily cause the intestine to be twisted and blocked.

5. Don’t bathe: Bathing after meal will cause the increase of blood flow to the hands, legs and body thus the amount of blood around the stomach will therefore decrease, this will weaken the digestive system in our stomach.

6. Don’t walk about: People always say that after ameal walk a hundred steps and you will live till 99. In actual fact this is not true. Walking will cause the digestive system to be unable to absorb the nutrition from the food we intake.

7. Don’t sleep immediately: The food we intake will not be to digest properly. Thus will lead to gastric and infection in our intestine.

NO.7: Please take this seriously.. I almost died because I ate and immediately went to sleep. Later in the night, I regurgitated the food and it blocked my breathing tubes.. It took a miracle to save me o! NEVER DO THIS.

8 Likes

Re: 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal by fckyourman: 3:13pm On May 14, 2013
So you're basically saying dont do our normal life stuffs.

How many times we have been doing this, did anyone die from your list, park well my friend.

6 Likes

Re: 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal by Parnassuss(m): 3:13pm On May 14, 2013
@ number 7, first hand testimony here. A really bad idea.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:13pm On May 14, 2013
@OP one question though.. i have been guilty of all of the above since I was 15 or at least I remember that much.. How long do I have to LIVE

2 Likes

Re: 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal by STAINLESSYKZ: 3:13pm On May 14, 2013
Interesting

2 Likes

Re: 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal by VURN(m): 3:14pm On May 14, 2013
Note taken
Re: 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 14, 2013
Swimming.

I learned #3 a while ago. I usually drink my tea an hr after breakfast.

My grandmother taught me #3 since I began speaking Yoruba.
Re: 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal by 50calibre(m): 3:15pm On May 14, 2013
I've been doing number 7 for many years. I use it as a weight gaining technique.

1 Like

Re: 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal by DICKtator: 3:15pm On May 14, 2013
At least i i can knock boots before and after meal. No problem for me
wink wink wink wink
grin grin grin grin
Re: 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal by Detonatorrex(m): 3:15pm On May 14, 2013
do all these apply to garri? sad

2 Likes

Re: 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal by ZACHIE: 3:15pm On May 14, 2013
We have many do-nots.
No wonder we do not much.
When are we going to start living?

1 Like

Re: 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 14, 2013
Mad Cow:

NO.7: Please take this seriously.. I almost died because I ate and immediately went to sleep. Later in the night, I regurgitated the food and it blocked my breathing tubes.. It took a miracle to save me o! NEVER DO THIS.

Is this for real or is it another one of your jokes? undecided
Re: 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal by dolandi: 3:16pm On May 14, 2013
Blackteeth: I think this thing is a frontpage material. It should apply to folks in lagos who think cooking, eating, bathing, clothe washing and jumping into a bus all in a space of 10 minutes is the definition of smartness.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy guy you dey vex ooh!!!
Re: 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal by Pelummy(f): 3:16pm On May 14, 2013
kennyosein: 1. Don’t smoke : Experiments from experts proves that smoking a cigarette after meal is comparable to smoking 10 cigarettes (chances of cancer is higher)

are u very sure of nos 5? shocked shocked shocked shocked, cos its ma bst style so far

1 Like

Re: 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal by Monzuur(m): 3:16pm On May 14, 2013
These is d example of tinz we need in front page not tonto tatoo or picture of nairalander wit celeb.......am i d 5th?
Re: 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 14, 2013
50calibre: I've been doing number 7 for many years. I use it as a weight gaining technique.

Nigerian men and potbelly tinz smiley
Re: 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal by ilaugh1: 3:18pm On May 14, 2013
and I guess. Dont have sex,.
Re: 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal by Korrection(m): 3:18pm On May 14, 2013
Abeg all na lie joor.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal by Policewoman(f): 3:19pm On May 14, 2013
hOW TRUE IS THIS?
Re: 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal by DollyParton1(f): 3:19pm On May 14, 2013
I think the op made a mistake while copying no7.
Sleeping/lying down after meal, increases the chance of ulcer (commonly) and aspiration of food into the airways(rarely)
And no, it doesn't the lead to infection in the intestine.

1 Like

Re: 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal by MadCow1: 3:20pm On May 14, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Is this for real or is it another one of your jokes? undecided

My dear! No jokes.. I have never been that scared in my life. I was suffucating on my own vomit by like 2am in the morning all alone in my house. I was struggling to breathe air for well over 30 secs. I couldnt swallow, I couldnt breathe nothing. How my air passage cleared is still a mystery.

Please! Wait for atleast 30 minutes - 1 hour after a meal before you sleep.
Re: 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 14, 2013
NA WASH

2 Likes

Re: 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal by gen2briz(m): 3:20pm On May 14, 2013
Noted
Re: 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal by greatgod2012(f): 3:21pm On May 14, 2013
Im guilty of No 2 and i've also inculcated it to my children,God help me, now that im aware of this, may God help me to change it.
Re: 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal by ACM10: 3:21pm On May 14, 2013
1. Don’t smoke : Experiments from experts proves that smoking a cigarette after meal is comparable to smoking 10 cigarettes (chances of cancer is higher)

undecided

Salad nko? undecided

This is laughable. You must have culled this write-up from your village researcher.

hahahahaha, are you trying to be funny? I guess you are having a laugh

Weaken the digestive system in your stomach. hahahahaha. Is stomach part of the digestive system or digestive system part of the stomach? Chineke mee, wannabes no go kill me.

Please tell me that you are joking

Thus leads to gastric and infection. You must be a village herbalist

9 Likes

Re: 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal by lonelydora: 3:21pm On May 14, 2013
No 6.Don't walk about. Imagine that my office break time is from 12pm- 1pm. i was still on a job, and lo and behold i took a look at my watch, and it's 12:45pm. Now, tell me if having my lunch at that time, why i should not run(not walk) back to the office.?
Re: 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 14, 2013
Mad Cow:

My dear! No jokes.. I have never been that scared in my life. I was suffucating on my own vomit by like 2am in the morning all alone in my house. I was struggling to breathe air for well over 30 secs. I couldnt swallow, I couldnt breathe nothing. How my air passage cleared is still a mystery.

Please! Wait for atleast 30 minutes - 1 hour after a meal before you sleep.

wow shocked
Re: 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 14, 2013
fckyourman: So you're basically saying dont do our normal life stuffs.

How many times we have been doing this, did anyone die from your list, park well my friend.

i seriously pity u. when it happens, i pray its not immediately u marry cos na ur wife or one witch for village them go dey think say e dey do u oooooo

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt / Olusegun Obasanjo Eating Cassava Bread (Picture) / See The Kind Of Food Served For Lunch At An IDP Camp In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.