Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,218 members, 7,807,745 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 (13975 Views)

He Wants Me To Grace His Bed For My Fee / Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. / Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by Belbicken: 10:29am On Apr 22, 2008
Babe,

how else do u want this guy to tell u he is not considering marriage with u. it's a polite way of tell u "NO" CAPITAL "NO"
if at 27 dat u are and a woman he is calling  more five yrs, he knows a woman considering her time "child bearing " and other things will not like it, so he has to politely tell u 5yrs more.
Also d 5yrs u say he said may not mean to him his is marring u,maybe he intends to get settle then to only GOD knows

Babe, for God sake at 27 u are still marketable,please wise up,
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by DaJunta(m): 10:32am On Apr 22, 2008
Busuguma:

i see no fault in waiting for your loved one/
there is no hurry in getting married, so long
you have concluded that he is the right choice.

my advice for you is to stick to your man, five
years is around the corner.

For a girl, she needs to think about marriage though not 2hurry
but time is always against a girl especially when she approaches 30.

5yrs aint by the corner cause a new born baby today should b about entering
primary school.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by jgirl3: 10:34am On Apr 22, 2008
Abeg - leave the man to establish himself while you establish yourself in another relationship. If he's working why can't he establish himself with a wife? He can say no kids till 3 years' time but why no marriage? He has other agendas. Drop him like a hot potato. . . . . .
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by slimes(m): 10:54am On Apr 22, 2008
He doesn't love you.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by DaJunta(m): 11:00am On Apr 22, 2008
slimes:

He doesn't love you.

He si just managing u till he arrives financially grin

So read d writing on the wall.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by iz2much: 11:02am On Apr 22, 2008
@ Poster

Marry me. Cause i wanna get married next Year and i have no Partner Yet!

great OFfEr!!!!
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by royalicon(m): 11:14am On Apr 22, 2008
Tonyblu:

@Rockchic
Basically the first response your issue will draw is "forget the dude and move on", but there's also the aspect of he/she wearing the shoe knowing where it pinches most.
How long hav u dated this guy?
How financially buoyant is he? If you are also employed, wont it be a plus to the relationship/future family?
What are his actual reasons for the "Vision 2013" (2008+5)?
Have you tried having a dialogue with him to find out his reason(s) for the 5-yr stretch?
Is there any possibility for a "Vision 2010 or 2011"?
How strong is your relationship with him?
What kind of personality is your guy?
What is his background and upbringing like?
What is the intensity of his love for you (on a scale of 1 to 10)?
How strong are both of you spiritually?
Or is HE looking for an easy exit from d relationship?

So before you take any decision, be it leave or stay, I guess you shld explore all available options thoroughly.
Dialogue, remains an import tool to use.

Best of Success and Godspeed!

Personally, In my own contribution, the best ADVICE you can get it to SUPPLY ANSWERS to the above questions from Tonyblu. Then your ANSWERS will do the justice.

Look, see it crystal-clear before u leap.

Good Luck.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by amaikama(m): 11:18am On Apr 22, 2008
Rockchic!! why would you even date someone within your age bracket in the first place? angry Dem no tell you say people within those age bracket are still experimenting with life and their job? Abeg find you square root before dem go square am for you angry
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by dee02(m): 11:33am On Apr 22, 2008
@poster

wat is d big deal if he wants you to wait?
after one year, u don dey think about marriage, cool down now!
personally, i wont jump on the marriage bandwagon after just a year of dating because it is simply not enough to know someone well
5yrs may be too long but you contemplating marriage after just a year is a bit dodgy, hasty and wuru-wuru!

think about it and dont get carried away!
if you want to call it quits, then bounce, but you may regret it!
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by Tgirl6: 11:35am On Apr 22, 2008
hmm, u are talking marriage wit a 27yr old boy, its common for guyz in dat age range to b married in the Delta region' but generally speaking a 27 yr old boy is still young 4 marriage, i wouldnt say he's to blame rather id say he is wise n dosnt want to make quick decisions and if he says 32' , well thats a normal age for any guy who wants to settle down at the rite time, now dis is the prob wit age mates dating'

at age 27, a girl is ripe for marriage but not exaclty same for guyz, 5yrs more is not a bad idea , i suggest the 27 year old girl meet guys in the age range of 31" , upward' or just wait til she's 31 or 32 so she can conveniently date her age mates, n i dont think a 32yr old guy will b looking 4 a 32 yr old girl as a wife'
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by nonny2(f): 11:38am On Apr 22, 2008
if you can actually wait no problem but i will advice you to move ahead greater things are coming ur way  rather than waiting for someone that is not yet ready.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by Osondust: 11:39am On Apr 22, 2008
hi

My sister run if you have to, in the next 5 years age will not be on your side, on the other hand your man probably don't want to get committed till he is ready and you can not force him that is the truth. I suggest you both talk about it to see if he changes his mind and if not the final decision is your as the age only affect you and not him.

good lock.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by Gbemyte(f): 12:02pm On Apr 22, 2008
i dont blame d guy is because he is still young.Dats y it is not advisable 4 ladies to marry guys of d same age like dem because of issues like dis.wat i ll just tell u is to back out because d guy is too young 4 marriage because marriage is not all abt money is abt , (fill in d gap) just make urself available 4 another man who is older dan u and ready to get married.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by Ebonyj(f): 12:06pm On Apr 22, 2008
Rockchic, the guy is telling you the truth, he is still young and I like the fact that he has been honest with you. The best thing for you to do now is to find someone who is willing and able to settle down with you sooner . Even if you do decide to wait what makes you think the guy will end up marrying you?
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 22, 2008
Call it quits.! smiley grin
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by Quesera: 12:17pm On Apr 22, 2008
KICK HIM IN THE BUTT!

WHAT IF HE LEAVES YOU AFTER THE WAIT.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 22, 2008
The gee is crap. angry

Move on sis
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by wariowei(m): 12:33pm On Apr 22, 2008
Amma Rockchic!

I don't mean to scare you but I think 27 years, for a woman, is far too ripe for marriage. Of course you know what happens when something has passed the ripe age. Come on, any year added to this will further strain your chances of getting married to a man of your choice.

Here's an advice. Since both of you are working, tell him move for your marriage introduction now, then the proper wedding may come later. At least, it's a test of seriousness, If he doesn't, then quit!

Two things are possible here. Either you pause your age while waiting for 5 years, or you pause your chances of getting married to your choice man.

Act fast! Act right!
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by ritapearl(f): 12:43pm On Apr 22, 2008
I strongly disagree with people that are saying that 27year old guy is too young for marriage. If you have a good job and you are in love with a girl your heart truely desires, what are you waiting for?I've seen younyer guys settle down.

Actually there's no harm in waiting if you are truely sure the guy loves you, but i advise that if you really love him and he does the same and you are VERY SURE he will marry you when he is 32 as he said,then wait.

Apart from that i advise you find someone else cos five years is no joke and as u said u are both working so what is stoping you guys from settling down?
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by oluyoko(f): 1:47pm On Apr 22, 2008
It would be easy for others to give advice when they are not in your shoes. You yourself need to clarify a few things within yourself. How well do you know this guy? if you consider your age, you can marry anything that will marry you. (no offence to the 'anything' brothers). If you are sure he loves you and he will be with you after he has achieved everything he wants, then you can wait for him. he could change his mind in two years you can never tell.

Another thing is to take it up in prayer, this could be God's way of letting you know that he is not the one for you. you need to consider everything before you marry a person. People need to stop marrying for marrying sake. this whole marriage thing is getting ridiculous. someone listed a few questions. take them into consideration and then decide what you want to do. the thing is not to forget that God has made the person for you, make sure he is either that person or move on and find that person. Also marriage is for life. although there is divorce but that is not a good thought when you have not even gotten married yet. Also God hates divorce. Malachi 2:16.

think about it.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by bawomolo(m): 1:56pm On Apr 22, 2008
Abeg - leave the man to establish himself while you establish yourself in another relationship. If he's working why can't he establish himself with a wife? He can say no kids till 3 years' time but why no marriage? He has other agendas. Drop him like a hot potato.

establish himself with a wife just after a one year courtship?? haba, ko easy to yen o . stop putting pressure on the man. he obviously doesn't want to rush into some relationship bonanza.

I don't mean to scare you but I think 27 years, for a woman, is far too ripe for marriage. Of course you know what happens when something has passed the ripe age. Come on, any year added to this will further strain your chances of getting married to a man of your choice.

lol@far too ripe for marriage, women have expiring dates now?? ridiculous. this is why people end up in marriage counseling. rushing things.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by Aladunni(f): 2:00pm On Apr 22, 2008
bawomolo:

establish himself with a wife just after a one year courtship?? haba, ko easy to yen o . stop putting pressure on the man. he obviously doesn't want to rush into some relationship bonanza.

lol@far too ripe for marriage, women have expiring dates now?? ridiculous. this is why people end up in marriage counseling. rushing things.

help me ask well O
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by Aladunni(f): 2:04pm On Apr 22, 2008
Que sera:

KICK HIM IN THE BUTT!

WHAT IF HE LEAVES YOU AFTER THE WAIT.

and in fact he will, when they are not students, both working class and will have to wait for the next 5 years. haba mallam!!!!!
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by bebe2007(m): 2:13pm On Apr 22, 2008
Who says 32years old is too old for one to get married? did God ever give a time frame for marriage? why do we always rush things and ourselves in the process? My dear poster, stay in your relationship and what will be will be. Do not jump the gun. God who has made you knows exactly when you will marry, who you will marry and even when you will die. Leave it up to him ok. You have a good thing going on now i presume, stay and enjoy the flow. You never know, your guy may achieve all he intends to before then and you could be married before you know it. Why leave the devil you know for an angel you know nothing about just because he is offering Marraige? na by force to marry??
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by eudio(f): 2:47pm On Apr 22, 2008
rockchic,

u dey ask us again? wait for five years say wetin happen?

he wants to make more pepper, so that when he is 32yrs old, he will now marry a younger babe.

tell am say he try.

he is a guy and could afford to wait for another 10yrs, no wahala.

make u try am as a lady, ur people go brand u witch.

just fly.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by SENATORJD(m): 2:47pm On Apr 22, 2008
bebe2007:

Who says 32years old is too old for one to get married? did God ever give a time frame for marriage? why do we always rush things and ourselves in the process? My dear poster, stay in your relationship and what will be will be. Do not jump the gun. God who has made you knows exactly when you will marry, who you will marry and even when you will die. Leave it up to him ok. You have a good thing going on now i presume, stay and enjoy the flow. You never know, your guy may achieve all he intends to before then and you could be married before you know it. Why leave the devil you know for an angel you know nothing about just because he is offering Marraige? na by force to marry??
abi o bebe2007, the race aint to the swift girl or the battle to the strong darling or favour to them of skill pretty, but time and chance happeneth to them all, dnt rush just take some chill pills aight?
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by Aladunni(f): 2:53pm On Apr 22, 2008
eudio:

rockchic,

u dey ask us again? wait for five years  say wetin happen?

he wants to make more pepper, so that when he is 32yrs old, he will now marry a younger babe.

tell am say he try.

he is a guy and could afford to wait for another 10yrs, no wahala.

make u try am as a lady, your people go brand u witch.

just fly.

I swear!
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by laruuu: 2:58pm On Apr 22, 2008
My God?Five years for what?He knows u cant wait that long,dats y he said that.D guy no wan mary u.I cld rem my husband told me dat was exactly wat he told one of his girls b4 we got married in order for her to know say no show for am as per marriage and cld u belive we got married the folowing year.Abeg,shine ur eyes.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by Aladunni(f): 3:02pm On Apr 22, 2008
laruuu:

My God?Five years for what?He knows u can't wait that long,that is y he said that.D guy no wan mary u.I cld rem my husband told me that was exactly what he told one of his girls before we got married in order for her to know say no show for am as per marriage and cld  u believe we got married the folowing year.Abeg,shine your eyes.

@ poster

abeg una wan mek nairaland decieve una enter pit? dem go laff una wen the disaster go shele O,

una see true life tori for up? i don gentle o
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by spoilt(f): 3:18pm On Apr 22, 2008
Guys always complain about how women love money. when they find a woman who wants to marry them with the little they have, they rant that they are feeling pressured. make up your minds dudes! My ex had a seven year plan. I did not let him know i wouldnt be there when the seventh year rolled around. i just gradually plotted my escape and married someone else who couldnt wait to put the ring on this finger.

The only reason that a lot of women hesitate to wait so long is that the love of a man comes with no guarantees. When he is a made man will he love you the same? will he find you suitable to grace the front seat of the solid car he has bought? will he think you are a hag? Would he defend you aginst his family when they say you are old?
Anyway Those are questions you have to answer yourself. age is nothing more than a number. I look better now than i did when i was 20. It is the truth. when one man tells you that you are too old and leaves you, another will find you beautiful and cherish you. Dont push the marriage issue. I tell my friends to never talk about it. Let him bring it up first.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by rockchic: 3:40pm On Apr 22, 2008
its sad though. i guess i have to take the necessary actions. he says i should not break up, but that seems like the only option. i mean, whats the aim of dating when he's made it so obvious that there's no future for us.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by almondjoy(f): 3:43pm On Apr 22, 2008
rockchic:

its sad though. i guess i have to take the necessary actions. he says i should not break up, but that seems like the only option. i mean, whats the aim of dating when he's made it so obvious that there's no future for us.

Then why are you wasting your time on Nairaland?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Wooing Challenge [rules & Schedule] / After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? / Fingering Is Better Than Giving Head...“head GIVERS Association".,pls Take Note.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.