Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,701 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 (13977 Views)

He Wants Me To Grace His Bed For My Fee / Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. / Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by Aladunni(f): 11:06am On Apr 23, 2008
romeo:

Marriage na by force?

na by choice and she wants to!
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by dee02(m): 11:29am On Apr 23, 2008
Aladunni:

na by choice and she wants to!

If she wants to then she can move on, no be by force to marry person wey never ready now!
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by carmelily: 1:16pm On Apr 23, 2008
FIRST, talk things over. then move on if you really are convinced that he's just stalling and leading you on. all the best.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by AchileSim: 1:56pm On Apr 23, 2008
What is marriage?
Ask your self some questions. my Bible say wommen are hepl met. are you ready to help some body? are ready to submite?

And if he don't whant it now me b he don't yet have a vision? or he can do all he have to do now when the time of God come no body tels you what to do
kip faith, pray, ask God, and trust him
Remain Bless
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by CrazyMan(m): 3:20pm On Apr 23, 2008
Tick tick, tick your biological clock is ticking; if you listen to it carefully, you would know that you’re playing a very dangerous game with this guy. A girl of 32 years is usually referred to as an old woman in our beloved country Nigeria,

Question is would he still find you attractive at the age of 32 with the high influx of beautiful young girls springing in left and right?

What if after waiting, he dumps you, what would you do? My advice is that you follow your heart and make decision that you won’t regret in the future.

Good luck.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by elektra(f): 3:39pm On Apr 23, 2008
i really think you should move on
because i know i will!
five years is not beans
you could start a family in that time

i also think the guy is being considerate
he doesn't want to start a family with no money to take care of them

i suggest u move on, no hating
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by kalmebad(f): 3:45pm On Apr 23, 2008
@moneybag

I refer here to your reaction on my statement on the waiting  and if an opportunity comes up, then she can walk on
I see no deception here, i might sound indifferent with that comment yes because i have been in that situation before with the guy i love and i made it clear that why he is not ready yet, that i enjoy the friendship we share but by any reason any one comes for my hand in marriage b4 he gets ready,that i will walk on with on, lets not forget that all relationship musn't end in marriage, some you enjoy and live with the memories, for every friendship i had kept, i learnt one or two things from it and it has never been based on marriage not that if it comes i wont grab it. Walking out is it a guarantee that the next man is willing to take her hand in marriage??, lets get real sometime with our advice. So in that case she is not being deceptive, hope u get this right.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by unclebros: 4:31pm On Apr 23, 2008
hi rockchic, why do i think i know who you are. i think you just resigned from your former place of work and you are now working with your brother who has an oil suppling company??

are you the one
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by banjiagain(m): 5:02pm On Apr 23, 2008
kai,
hope you have heard that menopause is now strictly less than 40, more like anything below 35 its God's grace.
try and reason along with the guy,he is not reay and not at risk of loosing fertility. you are ready and would be at risk of loosing your fertility when he is ready. so take the only option available. RUN OR
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by banjiagain(m): 5:04pm On Apr 23, 2008
kai,
hope you have heard that menopause is now strictly less than 40, more like anything below 35 its God's grace.
try and reason along with the guy,he is not reay and not at risk of loosing fertility. you are ready and would be at risk of loosing your fertility when he is ready. so take the only option available. RUN OR make him reason with you.
its your life.
goodluck
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by enattoe(m): 5:15pm On Apr 23, 2008
de choice na your own
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by queenerita(f): 5:35pm On Apr 23, 2008
my dear it all depends on you ,if u love him that much and you believe in the love you have for each other if it can stand the test of time well u can wait but hmmm 32yrs to get married when will u start having children
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by cecegorz(m): 6:05pm On Apr 23, 2008
Hey Poster,
What if u leave the guy, only to find out in 5yrs time u're still very much single just being Curious.

But for a 27yr -old working class man to be giving himself 5yrs to get married is rather puzzling. or is he just a casual worker with a meagre pay?

I believe if he earns up to 50k/mth, with good planning, he can marry in 2yrs time. Overall sit down and negotiate fully with the guy to see if u both have enough gas to do the marathon waiting.

All da best.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by adconline(m): 4:23am On Apr 24, 2008
I don't know why some women are much fixated on marriage. Guys are practical and some  women are emotionally ladened when involved with someone they love. Guys don't get married to grant a woman's wish, guys don't get married because of emotions; guys don't get married in order to belong. Guys look beyond emotions, that guy is thinking, if I promise her and don’t t make it big in life, will she still marry me? Will she respect me? Guys are more nervous about their future than marriage.  Guys get married because they think that are financially, emotionally, physiologically matured.

CHILL OUT and drink some kool aid. It’s going to get tougher before it gets good. Your boyfriend “ got 99 problems marriage aint one” Guys don’t really like it when women bother them with marriage issues, they might think that you are so desperate.
If you want dump him, fine, it takes you another six months to find a guy who might nice and may still want another five freaking years to settle down. I always tell my female friends to DE-EMPHASIZE marriage mentality in their relationships because guys think of friendship, stability and marriage. I still don’t know why women don’t get it when guys tell them the truth. We come from a paternalistic society where a man is expected to take care of his family and also a man who does not take care of his family will never command respect among his peers.  Marriage is beyond what the world thinks of you and pressure of ticking age clock.

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/menlovesex/85826/what-his-breakup-lines-really-mean/
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by Echidime(m): 8:11am On Apr 24, 2008
@dee02: No am not GOd, but my Bible tells me that none shall be baren in the land,as long as am concern no woman can be baren if she believes in the Word of GOD and the poster is not an exception.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by degubi(m): 8:26am On Apr 24, 2008
At 27yrs the reasoning of a man and woman are poles apart, just like adconline pointed out, a man does not see marriage in the literal sense of the word, he is busy thinking of  a whole lot of issues and those issues form the basis of his decisions.

The best thing is to talk out this proposed plans with him, see if this are plans that can be accomplished in less time than what he is envisaging, if they are vague and you do not see any form of direction then i advise u to leave him and move on.

But one thing you should bear in mind is not to approach relationships from the perpective of marriage it potrays you as desperate and easy to prey, plan your life and focus on  acheiving something for urself, marriage will come in its own time, do not force the issue of marriage so that you do not make unecessary mistakes.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by esitekom(f): 10:26am On Apr 24, 2008
Girl, like some have said already, the guy is simply not ready. 27 may not be too young for some guys, but there are those who at 27yrs have the emotional mentality of a 20yr old(girls develop faster than men emotionally and physically). My advice to you is that u sit him down for a good talk, then you take a walk and give some other guy a chance to take you home to mama.

After one year of courtship he knows enough about you to know if you're "the one". Waiting 5yrs more at age 27 is suicide. If he dumps you at that time, you'll have a hard time getting another guy to the alter.

Walk please, remember your reproductive calender: childbirth gets more difficult the closer you get to 40!
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by kehindebad(m): 11:09am On Apr 24, 2008
thats so easy, lol
see tell the guy to allow the introduction
then,knock you up,
Yes get you PREGNANT, atleast that'll be insurance abi,
then you'll wait for 10 years if he wants to, lol
but seriously if he says no to option one,
and he's angry at option two,
Leave him fast, He doesnt deserve you,
shikena
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by FBS: 12:12pm On Apr 24, 2008
who knows tomorrow, ?
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by damola1: 12:34pm On Apr 24, 2008
cos a girl is my baby's mama don't give her the ticket to my life.

Listen, I think this is a messed up situation for the 27yr old!!, you are desperate, and thats bad business , not only from this guy but every guy.

When you fail to plan, you are planning to fail, if you knew you wanted to get married at 27, why not start drilling a guy at: 23!, oh sorry, you were probably partying or enjoying yourself.

Well, the above sentence might not apply to you, so pass it, if it really didn't happen to you, but listen my dear, you gots to set your priorities right, ain't you scared this guy might be a Drug pusher, since you've only known him for a year?, or a womaniser, do you really want to leave your life with someone you barely know, like: Pastor Bimbo used to say: Someone was made for: 26yrs, and you expect to simply know him for 1yr!!!, na beans?

YOu have to dump the age syndrome, and focus on your life, and begin to work with people that buy into your vision, and the earlier the better, don't be desperate, but the next time you meet a brother, tell him from the onset you are seeking a life partner not locking down marriage, but a life partner who you wish to care and cherisk for and hold at night and do all those naughty things with, and wouldn't mind wanting to know him for the next 1-2yrs, if you both agree, then at least you know where you are going, not some player who will tell you to chill out for a few yrs!!!
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by onyekang1(f): 3:37pm On Apr 24, 2008
my dear just BAILLLLLL wink
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by waoosa(m): 3:46pm On Apr 24, 2008
The guy has made his intenetion known. B4 you made ur self available to other men (as advised) have a discussion with him. Let him know u can't wait that long. If he stands his ground, break off and look for a new guy (someone already in his early thirties ready to marry. Don;'t two-time as you will be the loser.

Appreciate this guy for opening up. He knows wjat he wants. You also need to express your desire. CHIKENA
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by otokx(m): 3:55pm On Apr 24, 2008
32 years is not too bad if you are sure you got him in the bag.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by purpul(f): 5:02pm On Apr 24, 2008
[color=#770077][/color] o gel if i were u i wud take to my heels. If u re not ready 2 settle down u may wait. But i dont tink dis is yr option. D guy wants 2 really suck u dry den come back and tell u u re way 2 old 4 him!!! angry
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by wendymanda: 5:06pm On Apr 24, 2008
If you can't wait that long then call it quits or pull a fast one on him by pretending to go with it till you find another.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by welli(f): 5:09pm On Apr 24, 2008
be smart o.mk e nor be sey u reach 32 he nor still marry u by den,story go don change
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by Tattooboy: 5:11pm On Apr 24, 2008
@poster
u gonna look prettier at 32, he's a genius
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by CuteYemy(f): 5:52pm On Apr 24, 2008
Five years is such a long time sis, but If he's what the wait give it a trial.Goodluck
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by tyna1(f): 6:57pm On Apr 24, 2008
@poster you shouldn't be the one bringing up the marriage talk that is 1 of the no no rules in dating
thou shall not pressurise the guy with marriage talk.it makes you look desperate.
have you considered this what if the guy is just pulling your legs? what if he is waiting for your reaction.
My advice is this,go on with the relationship with the mind that it might not end up in marriage.Be yourself
have fun and who knows he might marry you next year.Good luck
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by adconline(m): 8:02pm On Apr 24, 2008
get busy with yourself
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by adconline(m): 8:15pm On Apr 24, 2008
That's the difference between guys and men, I will marry a lady who pressures me into marriage only if I'm ready and she is the type of girl. Girls think that the fact that you have sex with their boyfriends is enough ticket for marriage. If I were this guy, I would think that you are so desperate and my ego will trump that of Donald Trump. Obviously, you had known other men before you met this guy. Why did you not get them to marry you if you were so desperate? It means that he has what other guys didn't have, so he will be calling the shots if you keep pilling pressure on him. It also tells the guy that you are stocked with him " I cant do better" Some women need to be I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T do you know what that means? Guys like it when women make it a little difficult for them not the other way around. Men prefer to be pushing marriage issues instead of women. If you knew that you wanted a husband so soon, why did you not make it clear to the guy that you were looking for a husband on your first date? I wonder if he would have stayed up till now? Marriage cannot be pushed through the back door in a relationship because it's the guy who will foot bill for marriage expenditures.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by joey007(m): 9:16pm On Apr 24, 2008
@poster
i think you should ask urself this question,
why do i want to marry?
is becos others r getting marry?
what is my plan towards the marriage?
note- not wedding

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? / Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.