Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,897 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms (33160 Views)

Wow! Blackberry Launch BBM Stickers In IGBO / Transfering Contacts From Blackberry To Android. / Blackberry Wants To Launch BBM For Pc [pics] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Emmysteve(m): 4:24pm On May 14, 2013
If you’re already a fan of BlackBerry Messenger (BBM), we’ve got some exciting news designed to make it easier for you to connect with your entire mobile social network. BlackBerry plans to make BBM, our wildly popular mobile messaging service, available for the first time to iOS® and Android™ users this summer, (subject to approval by Google Play and the Apple App Store, as applicable). This means that, once available, you can welcome your friends and family using these other mobile platforms to connect over BBM and share in the Team BlackBerry love.

As we’ve chronicled on our Inside BlackBerry blog for some time now, BBM set the standard for mobile instant messaging with fast and reliable service and an added layer of engagement with delivered and read statuses. You’ve shared with us your stories about how BBM has kept you connected when it mattered most to you. Upon release of the multi-platform BBM service, you can broaden that real-time connection to friends and colleagues on other supported mobile platforms.

In the first version of multi-platform BBM, iOS and Android users are expected to be able to experience the following BBM features:

The immediacy of BBM chats
Multi-person chats
Voice note sharing
BlackBerry Groups, where BBM users are able to set up groups of up to 30 people and share calendar, photos, files and more

The team here at BlackBerry has definitely been working hard to bring the much-adored BBM experience to a wider group of mobile users. In a recent press release at BlackBerry Live 2013, Andrew Bocking, Executive Vice President, Software Product Management and Ecosystem, at BlackBerry had this to say:

“For BlackBerry, messaging and collaboration are inseparable from the mobile experience, and the time is definitely right for BBM to become a multi-platform mobile service. BBM has always been one of the most engaging services for BlackBerry customers, enabling them to easily connect while maintaining a valued level of personal privacy. We’re excited to offer iOS and Android users the possibility to join the BBM community.”

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2013/05/bbm-ios-android/?CPID=UKTWBBM

3 Likes

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by physise(m): 4:32pm On May 14, 2013
Emmysteve: This summer BBM will go across multiple
platforms - iOS, Android, says CEO Hein
#BBLive
HAHA GUD 4 DEM ANDROID RULES

2 Likes

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by puskin: 4:36pm On May 14, 2013
It looks like whatsapp has given them enough problems.

28 Likes

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Emmysteve(m): 4:36pm On May 14, 2013
This should be a technical knuckout for android over BB

4 Likes

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 14, 2013
Welcome development from RIM.

Then I can easily dump my bb for android. Galaxy note 3 on my mind cheesy

7 Likes

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by honsule(m): 4:39pm On May 14, 2013
Timehin: Welcome development from RIM.

Then I can easily dump my bb for android. Galaxy note 3 on my mind cheesy

You can say that again. Abeg,Google play should approve it very fast wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Emmysteve(m): 4:42pm On May 14, 2013
move this topic to front page pls @MOD
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by lanre316: 4:54pm On May 14, 2013
WhatsApp users will have no use for it.

It can only be useful for BB users who just migrated to Android platform.

All in all, BB is trying to gain some relevance in a iOS and android dominated tech world.

3 Likes

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by jedisco(m): 5:02pm On May 14, 2013
Nice one.

BBM is definitely the best messaging app on any platform. Better than Whatsapp in my opinion. Though it may hurt them in developing markets, overall it's a good move.

3 Likes

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Suntemi(m): 5:07pm On May 14, 2013
whatsapp don get real competitor now.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Enegod(m): 5:09pm On May 14, 2013
RIP BB!

15 Likes

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by lanre316: 5:14pm On May 14, 2013
sun_temi: whatsapp don get real competitor now.

You think WhatsApp users will dump it and go for BBM?

I don't think that's going to happen .

5 Likes

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by cupid4ig(m): 5:18pm On May 14, 2013
lanre316:

just watch and see

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Dygeasy(m): 5:20pm On May 14, 2013
But existing blackberry users are still gonna be subscribing before they can PING?

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by akanniade10(m): 5:26pm On May 14, 2013
Am a WhatApp user, buh having both on the same platform wouldnt be a bad idea. Will prefer BBM tho.

lanre316:

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by timpaker(m): 5:29pm On May 14, 2013

Finally, BBM bows to android! Well, I must confess, I saw it coming...
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 14, 2013
Defeated at last!

E dun finish!

Lol!
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by W3xy1(m): 5:34pm On May 14, 2013
android all d way
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 14, 2013
Finally. .? Pinging lori tecno !

Jhor oh! !!

31 Likes

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Francheezy(m): 5:35pm On May 14, 2013
i dont tink dis is appening
if itz truly true den nobody is goin 2 use bb fones again

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by wonlasewonimi: 5:35pm On May 14, 2013
It could kill off sales for blackberry. Whatsapp will eventually die!
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 14, 2013
Now Blackerry (RIM) is about to lose that it uniqueness and the flagship item that stands it out.

The question now is; how do we connect ...as PIN won't work on other operating systems.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by onegig(m): 5:36pm On May 14, 2013
Best thing for them to do.

We had been advocating that blackberry cut it losses and introduce cross platform bbm to all mobile users and they just heard the cry.

If you can't meet up with the dynamic hardware market why not pitch your best solution and make though with it.

Same thing IBM did. I see RIM producing just phones very soon and dumping their platforms because apart from bbm chat nothing is unique to the fufu phones they produce.

3 Likes

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by alorauzoms(m): 5:37pm On May 14, 2013
i dey go buy android ooooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by rman: 5:37pm On May 14, 2013
BBM is better than WhatsApp IMO.

I don't like the idea of automatically having you as a chat buddy because you have my number and whatsapp installed on your phone.

14 Likes

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by wellmax(m): 5:38pm On May 14, 2013
I so much love competition. Whatsapp is getting more popular by the day, so BBM is wising up.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by gsmcoder: 5:41pm On May 14, 2013
A generic pin will be generated to each user on installation.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by kpozite(m): 5:45pm On May 14, 2013
What will be my pin if I download the application with an android phone?
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by justfree1(m): 5:45pm On May 14, 2013
i remain mute lipsrsealed, let them launch it first, if e still sharp like normal bb then i gats switch to better and higher alternative platform cheesy i dey miss my fifa 13 on this Z10 cry... i just hope other platform work on their batt cuz for now bb10 batt is the best so far cool

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by tivta(m): 5:45pm On May 14, 2013
Dam. I for see sales of bb phones plummeting big time. RIP blackberry phones.

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by ELgordo(m): 5:46pm On May 14, 2013
sorry not interested on whats going on on other people's lives i hate BBM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

LG Launches Phone That Is More Expensive Than Iphone-x / Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly / The USB Power Adapter Charger I Bought In Gombe Today(pics) Advice pls!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.