Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

How To Make Your Windows Computer Run Faster - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Make Your Windows Computer Run Faster (717 Views)

Make Your Computer Run Faster Like New / Computer Tricks : Make Computer Run Faster With Few Simple Step / How To Make Google Chrome Run Faster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Your Windows Computer Run Faster by vowiski(m): 5:48pm On May 14, 2013
Alot of people ask; How do I make my computer run faster? This isn't really an over-the-top question as alot of people are constantly wondering how their incredible fast Windows computer suddenly became a junk. Now that you have decided to find a solution to that problem, consider it good fortune to have stumpled upon the post.

6 Easy Steps To Make Your Windows Computer Run Faster

1. Uninstall/Remove Unwanted Programs

Most times we install programs that are of little use to us, identify such programs especially those programs you no longer need, that application that has lasted 2-years on your device without use, that game you played only once. Infact, anything you don't use anymore, kindly get rid of it. Be careful to 100% certain you no longer need that program or application before attempting to uninstall it.

2. Malware Scan
Malware has been reported to be the chief cause of slow speed in Windows. They are alot of tools out there that can scan and remove malware from you computer. Microsoft Security Essentials, Malwarebytes, and Spybot have proved to effective.
Hint: Use Malwarebytes and Spybot to initiate the scan, uninstall after cleaning, then use Microsoft Security Essentials to prevent further entrance of Malware into your device.

3. Virus Scan
Image Credit: avira

If you have an updated version of either these anti-virus; Symantec, McAfee or Kaspersky, you can perform a virus scan. If your system isn't protected, I would recommend Avira Free Antivirus. It is my favorite free version of any antivirus out there.

4. Eliminate Automatically Running Applications and Utilities
http://www.thatnaijablog.com/2013/05/make-windows-run-faster.html
Re: How To Make Your Windows Computer Run Faster by maximale: 11:09pm On May 15, 2013
Nice tips. here's a guide on How to fix a slow, hanging or crashing PC . Hope you also find it useful.

(1) (Reply)

Best Place To Get Free Wifi Any Time / HELP! MY HP 635 Shutdown Suddenly / SCRAP SALES.. Alans Rechargeable SD/USB Radio Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.