Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,799 members, 7,802,562 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Stop Breeding!!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Stop Breeding!!!! (1334 Views)

Breeding Houses For Homosexuality- Parents Be Advised! / Bad Breeding- How Does It Show? / Breeding Crisis On The Homefront (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Breeding!!!! by AyeeIdris(f): 7:00pm On May 14, 2013
Hello everyone. Hera again. Sharing with you some of the best article from her blog....

Yesterday, I was having an argument with an old friend (we have the same argument once a week and three things have been made clear. We enjoy the argument; We are NEVER going to agree and We both think we are right). The argument stems from his logic that the white man is still holding down the black man and is the cause for the high rate of unemployment, crime and all that. I am of the view that black people should stop blaming everything on the white man and take responsibility for their own shit (Like I said, we are NEVER going to agree)

This issue got me thinking about people who fail to take responsibility of their own actions and push it on others. Last week, I came across this video. To view the video, go to www.herapereira.com

For those who can’t view the video, It is about a lady, Angel Adams who has fifteen children. YES. FIFTEEN! Now the father of ten of the kids was sent to jail. She got kicked out of their apartment and had to move to a motel with twelve of the kids. Of course, Social Services were trying to help and a News Crew decided to cover her experience. It would have been a run of the mill story but during the interview, she said “Someone needs to be held accountable for all these children. Someone needs to pay for my kids.

Now this is not a race attack because any idiot can act like this. It is simply irresponsibility. Why should anyone have to pay for YOUR kids? When you were doing this deed that led to their being born, you never informed anyone [i]“Yo. Incase I get pregnant after this unprotected sex I am having, you are responsible….yo”. [/i]Well, she did eventually get a 6 room apartment from the government and what do you know? She is pregnant again!!! The audacity of the woman is amazing yet strangely it is not that uncommon in Nigeria.

There are a lot of Nigerian women with more babies than they can afford. In our grandfathers’ days, they had 4 to 5 wives and over 20 children, but they managed to train them all….most of them did. Now you see poor women who can barely feed themselves having 6 or more children. I recall an article in the Newspapers once. A commercial driver and his petty trader wife had 5 children and lived in a one bedroom flat. She got pregnant again and this time, she had quadruplets. That’s right. Four extra kids to add to the Five already. Now she was calling on the government for assistance. The reporter asked her why she decided to get pregnant after 5 children. She responded in pidgin “You know sey pikin na gift from God. Im say make we go forth and multiply” (Children are gifts from God. God said that we should go forth and Multiply)

A child is a gift from God. So is Rain, but when we go out, we still have to use our umbrella (Line stolen from the Movie “Fighting Temptation”, but you have to agree that it is very apt). Children are expensive gifts. Very expensive gifts. And just like you don’t buy an expensive gift when you can’t afford it, why have a kid if you cannot afford one. Birth control and protection is so easy and accessible right now. I acknowledge that mistakes do happen and one can get pregnant despite their best efforts at control, but when you get pregnant, one…..twice……thrice. At this point you are just insulting the word ‘mistake’

God said Go forth and Multiply. That was over 3,000 thousand years old, when the earth had like one million people. Now we have over seven Billion. Billion!!! I think there has been enough multiplying. The animals in the forests that have been torn down to make more room for us certainly thinks so. Please stop multiplying.

So single mothers or married mothers alike, It takes two to tango, no doubt but the responsibility lies more on you. No matter how much you like babies, never forget the baby would grow from that cute adorable doll to a child with needs and wants, a child you would have to feed, clothe and educate. The Economy is rough. Good schools get more expensive as the day goes by. Plan your kids and have the number that you are sure you can provide for comfortably, rather than having a lot of children and watch them struggle with hand me downs. Educate yourself on birth control. Stop BREEDING.

For more articles, be sure to stop by www.herapereira.com

3 Likes

Re: Stop Breeding!!!! by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 14, 2013
True talk, but they will not listen. Our gateman has more kids than my parents, can you imagine that?.

1 Like

Re: Stop Breeding!!!! by AyeeIdris(f): 7:13pm On May 14, 2013
honey86: True talk, but they will not listen. Our gateman has more kids than my parents, can you imagine that?.

My sister. I tire o. Like a friend said. 'Life is so hard for the poor man, his only comfort is sex with his wife' which is ironic because when they have more kids than they can afford, Life becomes harder.
Re: Stop Breeding!!!! by bebe2(f): 7:33pm On May 14, 2013
nice debate, i hope it gets to the front page for a broader view.

One of my friend's mum once had a quarrel with her husband's other wife. The other woman teased her datshe is now dry bones and can't have anymore children, the lady got pregnant the next year to pove the other woman wrong.

Meanwhile it's my friend dat they all depend on for feeding, clothing accommodation, school fees etc. my poor friend is in his early 30 and seeking asylum in the uk. And they are busy doing baby competition on his head.

1 Like

Re: Stop Breeding!!!! by Nobody: 11:27am On May 15, 2013
That their front page self.
@op,lv it.its even a competition for some eg because mummy ayo has 4,I must hv 5! Wen asked how will u train them? D answer is always d same'God will provide';uncle dis will take one,aunty dat will take one,that my friend will take one,one will go and learn a trade while another will go and serve one trader. U see God has done it. Fastforward, mother'I think I need baby of d house,dis house is becomin lonely' number six on d way!

1 Like

Re: Stop Breeding!!!! by biolabee(m): 11:50am On May 15, 2013
if u want correct views, leave the front page till maybe page 5 or 6

1 Like

Re: Stop Breeding!!!! by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 15, 2013
honey86: True talk, but they will not listen. Our gateman has more kids than my parents, can you imagine that?.
LoL, so freaking true!

1 Like

Re: Stop Breeding!!!! by Nobody: 1:21pm On May 15, 2013
So single mothers or married mothers alike, It takes two to tango, no doubt but the responsibility lies more on you. No matter how much you like babies, never forget the baby would grow from that cute adorable doll to a child with needs and wants, a child you would have to feed, clothe and educate. The Economy is rough. Good schools get more expensive as the day goes by. Plan your kids and have the number that you are sure you can provide for comfortably, rather than having a lot of children and watch them struggle with hand me downs. Educate yourself on birth control. Stop BREEDING.

It's better we address both males and the females here. Nigeria is still a patriarchal society and taking off some responsibility from the men won't work. The men are still the deciding element on how they want their families to be run. Even if a woman decides on not having kids what can stop the man from going out to repopulate the earth again with another woman? So both should be accorded same responsibility on the number of kids they should have.

The issue of over-breeding has a lot to do with illiteracy. The people that really need to hear this likely wouldn't be logged in on an internet forum. undecided So institutions where we have a large congregation of all types of people like the church should to be used to inform the public.

1 Like

Re: Stop Breeding!!!! by AyeeIdris(f): 2:46pm On May 15, 2013
stillwater:

It's better we address both males and the females here. Nigeria is still a patriarchal society and taking off some responsibility from the men won't work. The men are still the deciding element on how they want their families to be run. Even if a woman decides on not having kids what can stop the man from going out to repopulate the earth again with another woman? So both should be accorded same responsibility on the number of kids they should have.

The issue of over-breeding has a lot to do with illiteracy. The people that really need to hear this likely wouldn't be logged in on an internet forum. undecided So institutions where we have a large congregation of all types of people like the church should to be used to inform the public.

While I agree over breeding lies more with illiterate people, there are a lot of literates that believe that as long as they can procreate, they will. I had a friend once tell me that She won't stop having kids. what if she had just 3 kids and something happened to them and they all die? She would be left childless. According to her, it is best to have 5 to 6 kids to be safe. Can't really blame her. She lost 4 of her siblings at different points in time.
Re: Stop Breeding!!!! by biolabee(m): 2:50pm On May 15, 2013
May god help us

Some whole families perished in the ikeja cantonment, sosoliso air and dana air to mention a few

But still it's god that guides one

Look at the kennedies. They are still being wiped out though they are one of the richest, powerful families

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Oya Share Ur Own Wit Us O. / Children Are Powerful Logical Thinkers: My Experience / Statutory Rape. Who Should Be Charged To Court?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.