Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

How To Make Money On Ebay (free Info For Nigerians Abroad) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Make Money On Ebay (free Info For Nigerians Abroad) (2188 Views)

100 Ways To Make Cash Online FREE INFO / How To Start Your Own Soap/detergent Making Business {free Info} / Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Money On Ebay (free Info For Nigerians Abroad) by smilypie: 4:21am On May 15, 2013
I am sure you see a lot of posts on Nairaland about how to make money by signing up to some programme or buying an ebook to read to make money. I have never bought an ebook nor did I sign up for some random online 'programme'. This post is targeting Nigerians abroad as I know the issue with Paypal & Nigeria. Plus if you are in a blacklisted country and even if you manage to get a stealth account (which I will talk about later) and legitimately post things to your customer there will still be some obstacles such as selling limits (to defer scammers and just reduce eBays risks in general).

I literally just buy and re-sell or you can just get rid of your old stuff. Most people have at least $1,000/ 1,000 euro worth of old things they do not use at home. So there is two routes that you can follow, either buy and re-sell or declutter.

I will try my best to update this post daily, ranging from tips for beginners to sourcing out products. It takes me about 10 mins to research on whether or not a product will sell and their potential profit minus costs etc etc.

I have been on eBay for more than a year. In my first month I made ok money (hmm not sure I will mention my niche here) but I will still give some tips. Off to sleep, will update this tomorrow, starting with sign up and account set up, obstacles and how to avoid them.
Re: How To Make Money On Ebay (free Info For Nigerians Abroad) by souleymon(m): 6:50am On May 15, 2013
Your contact pls incase i miss this thread
mine is souleymon@facebook.com

1 Like

Re: How To Make Money On Ebay (free Info For Nigerians Abroad) by smilypie: 12:17am On May 16, 2013
First thing's first. Signing up.

If you have an Ebay account already linked to your paypal account that is perfect. If you have an account that is not verified (credit/ debit card/ bank account). Then you will be limited to selling 350e or a max of 30 sales that month. Immediately after verification my limit rose to 750 euro/ 50 sales that month. Two months later it went up to 1,500 then 3,000. My current limit is over 8,000 euro / over 300 sale transaction a month.

Anyway apart from the sales limit, here is the key thing. Yes there is a way to make money on eBay without spending any of your money (drop shipping). There are cons and pros to drop shipping. The con is if you are a new seller on eBay or you have under 100 feedback and have been trading for less than a year, they will not release your money immediately (only after 21 days or when your customer leaves positive feedback or if you used tracked post you can show proof of delivery).

I do have the odd drop shipping product. I can dropship as I have no restrictions. The money that I get in my paypal account gets into my bank account within 2 working days. But normally I pay my supplier before the paypal funds enter my bank account. As I have reserve funds for drop shipping and refunds.

So if you are a new seller, please avoid drop shipping as it will cause you headaches.

@Souleymon, I will email you in a few mins.
Re: How To Make Money On Ebay (free Info For Nigerians Abroad) by smilypie: 1:47am On May 16, 2013
I will cover finding products to sell, profit margin, shipping costs and eBay costs tomorrow. I will also upload my seller dashboard and just iron some issues out.
Re: How To Make Money On Ebay (free Info For Nigerians Abroad) by ogunnubio(m): 3:26pm On May 17, 2013
Continue boss, am all ears!
Re: How To Make Money On Ebay (free Info For Nigerians Abroad) by souleymon(m): 6:07am On May 18, 2013
Still waiting for ur mail .
Re: How To Make Money On Ebay (free Info For Nigerians Abroad) by smilypie: 6:09pm On Aug 21, 2013
sorry I have been very busy, but I did send you mail. Will keep updating!
Re: How To Make Money On Ebay (free Info For Nigerians Abroad) by georgeric38: 6:36pm On Aug 26, 2016
Need some update. I got suspended to, so I am reading this guide to get me back on: http://www.slideshare.net/AuctionEssistance/ebay-incognitostealth

(1) (Reply)

Recharge Voucher Printing (sub-dealers) / Please Is This How Jumia Behaves? / Premium Hookah / Shisha Pots, Flavors, Coal And Accessories Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.