Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,812 members, 7,798,740 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

18-year-old Undergraduate Stabs Father To Death. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 18-year-old Undergraduate Stabs Father To Death. (1519 Views)

21 Year Old Undergraduate Murdered By Police / Horror: Lagos Student Stabs Father In The Eye Over Christmas Clothes. / 25-year-old Ex UNILAG Student Stabs Father To Death In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

18-year-old Undergraduate Stabs Father To Death. by rodeo0070(m): 5:18am On May 15, 2013
Residents of Langbasa, Ajah, Lagos State are still talking about 18-year-old Olanrewaju Kayode-Aremu, who stabbed his father, Victor Kayode-Aremu, to death.

Police authorities said the suspect stabbed his 46-year-old father to death while the man was attempting to enter his room.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Olanrewaju was a student of University of Ilorin, Kwara State, but was expelled because he had poor grades.

A police source at Langbasa Divison, where the suspect was detained, told our correspondent that the incident occurred on May 1, 2013.

He said, “Olanrewaju is the first of five children. He lived with his parents and siblings in a duplex in Langbasa. He was enrolled in University of Ilorin to study Geology in 2011 but was later asked to withdraw because he had very poor grades.

“Since he was not attending any school, he started working with his father who was a civil engineer. The arrangement his father made with him was that he would be working with him until he could get admission to another school.”

The senior officer told our correspondent that the suspect was not happy about the arrangement. He said the frustration later led him to laying an ambush for his father while he was trying to enter his room.

He said the suspect stabbed his father in 10 different places, causing him to bleed to death.

He said, “Around 10pm on that day, the whole family had just had dinner and they were watching television when their father received a telephone call. He went upstairs and when he got to the entrance of the room, Olanrewaju appeared from nowhere with a kitchen knife.

“He stabbed his father in the back, sides, hands, legs over 10 times. The man, who was screaming in pains, attracted the attention of other members of the family who were downstairs. When the mother came upstairs, she found her son still stabbing her husband. The presence of other children did not also stop Olanrewaju.

“When she tried to save her husband, Olanrewaju threatened to stab her if she came close. The woman then went outside and called on neighbours for help.”

PUNCH Metro learnt that it took the intervention of neighbours to overpower the 18-year-old and wrest the knife from him.

It was learnt that the victim was rushed to J-Rapha Hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival.

A resident, who spoke to our correspondent on the condition of anonymity, said the family had been in shock and had not been staying home since the incident occurred.

He said, “The family is a young one. Olanrewaju is the first born and he had four younger siblings.”

The suspect, who was not remorseful, said he killed his father because he was convinced that his father did not love him.

He said he was not worried about his predicament since he was too young to be prosecuted.

“The case is a very long story. The truth is that my father never loved me and the only form of care he showed me was paying my school fees. I am just 18-years-old so I know I cannot be prosecuted. I have no regrets for my action,” he said.

When contacted on the telephone, the Police Public Relations Officer, Ngozi Braide, said she had yet to be fully briefed on the incident.

SOURCE: http://www.punchng.com/metro/18-year-old-undergraduate-stabs-father-to-death/
Re: 18-year-old Undergraduate Stabs Father To Death. by otokx(m): 5:28am On May 15, 2013
The father did not train up his child in the way he should go.
Re: 18-year-old Undergraduate Stabs Father To Death. by Ramcie(f): 5:35am On May 15, 2013
Like say make I appear for the boy front and land him the type of slap only an angry soldier can give . see the type of rubbish coming out of his mouth fa! He has obviously been watching too many movies. E go shock am say Nigeria system fit prosecute anyone no matter your age. RIP to the late Father.
Re: 18-year-old Undergraduate Stabs Father To Death. by Tolexander: 5:55am On May 15, 2013
RIP MAN!

"He stabbed his father in the
back,
this is backstabbing!

Why on earth will a son backstab his father for goodness sake!

PUNCH Metro learnt that
Olanrewaju was a student of
University of Ilorin, Kwara
State, but was expelled
because he had poor grades.

A police source at Langbasa
Divison,
and the title of the news said 18year old undergraduate
Re: 18-year-old Undergraduate Stabs Father To Death. by angelTI(f): 6:11am On May 15, 2013
haa. Stabbing your father to death without remorse? This life is complicated o jare
Re: 18-year-old Undergraduate Stabs Father To Death. by tohirah(f): 6:20am On May 15, 2013
Father doesn't love you yet he pays ur sch fees even tho you're too dumb to cope. If he only pays his sch fees,theb he shouldn't be having dinner(feeding) with the family nor stayingin thathouse(shelter). For heaven's sake, this guy is too dumb to be in sch and d father offered for him to work in his coy but nay, he prefers to waste his life than do sth good with it.

Ps: adulthood starts frm 18 in Nigeria,right?cos this one is old enough to take responsibilities for his actions

1 Like

Re: 18-year-old Undergraduate Stabs Father To Death. by micklplus(m): 6:20am On May 15, 2013
No wonder the dude got poor grades in school. The dude is 18 already and he doesn't know that 18 is an adult in Nigeria according to the constitution of the federal republic.

"He lived in a duplex with his family" I am so sorry for him!!!! The only duplex he's got now is the stinking naija prison.

I feel for the family. May the soul of the father rest in peace.
Re: 18-year-old Undergraduate Stabs Father To Death. by Nobody: 6:20am On May 15, 2013
Different stories everyday, yestaday was abt d man who hid his mother's corpse for 10yrs. 2day na backstabing. Its no longer funny o.
Re: 18-year-old Undergraduate Stabs Father To Death. by ihedioramma: 6:53am On May 15, 2013
otokx: The father did not train up his child in the way he should go.
YOU ARE WRONG . READ THAT NEWS ONE MORE TIME AND TELL ME IF THE FATHER DID ANY WRONG THING TO HIS FIRST SON. WHAT IS THE BEST THING A FATHER NEED TO GIVE HIS CHILDREN? END TIME BECAREFUL HOW YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE.
Re: 18-year-old Undergraduate Stabs Father To Death. by Chanchit: 7:02am On May 15, 2013
First, they should start by checking his brain, then check if he's on drugs. Finally remind him that he's 18yrs already and he's in his resting place for @least 50yrs. 50+18=58. I hope his prison mates would show him that love his father refused to show him.
Re: 18-year-old Undergraduate Stabs Father To Death. by annfeliks(f): 7:02am On May 15, 2013
I feel like backstabbing the boy myself. The boy is an idiot. Is it not some of his agemates that struggle to pay their school fees and cater for themselves? Poor Man!!!! May Ur Soul RIP. Sorry 4 d boy cos his life s already in shambles. Sorry 4 d family 2
Re: 18-year-old Undergraduate Stabs Father To Death. by rodeo0070(m): 7:03am On May 15, 2013
Too much movies and indulgence. There are many parents who can't or will never do 1/4 of what this lad's parent did, in terms of education and care. Some parents are even looking for job to cater for the family, yet this fella's parent accommodated (Duplex) and provided job for him pending the time he makes his results.
RIP to the deceased. My condolences to the family.
Re: 18-year-old Undergraduate Stabs Father To Death. by Tolexander: 7:05am On May 15, 2013
ihedioramma: YOU ARE WRONG . READ THAT NEWS ONE MORE TIME AND TELL ME IF THE FATHER DID ANY WRONG THING TO HIS FIRST SON. WHAT IS THE BEST THING A FATHER NEED TO GIVE HIS CHILDREN? END TIME BECAREFUL HOW YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE.
11. Don't create distracting
posts e.g. posts in giant fonts or
ALL CAPS or with silly gifs.
Re: 18-year-old Undergraduate Stabs Father To Death. by BecaciaBarbie(f): 7:21am On May 15, 2013
My word!

He defo got demons controlling his actions, he shud b locked up!
Re: 18-year-old Undergraduate Stabs Father To Death. by Nobody: 7:22am On May 15, 2013
That guy is on drug and by the way, he is a complete dumb, according to naija constitution adulthood starts from 18, i.e once u ar 18 u start being an adult!
Re: 18-year-old Undergraduate Stabs Father To Death. by yuzedo: 8:07am On May 15, 2013
rodeo0070:
He said he was not worried about his predicament since he was too young to be prosecuted.
"The case is a very long story. The
truth is that my father never loved
me and the only form of care he
showed me was paying my school
fees. I am just 18-years-old so I
know I cannot be prosecuted. I have no regrets for my action,"
he said.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I see why this dümb fück got kicked out of school! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 18-year-old Undergraduate Stabs Father To Death. by gbadexy(m): 8:12am On May 15, 2013
The guy is most likely a bastardt

1 Like

Re: 18-year-old Undergraduate Stabs Father To Death. by Nobody: 8:13am On May 15, 2013
THESE ARE THE PROBABLE CAUSE OF THIS Act.
That Boy must have been on [b]DRUGS

The Man is not his FATHER
He probably must have been controlled by extra TERRESTRIAL Powers
Some Fool!sh Friend might have BRAINWASHED him.
Re: 18-year-old Undergraduate Stabs Father To Death. by ClitorialDept: 8:21am On May 15, 2013
Bast@rd.
Re: 18-year-old Undergraduate Stabs Father To Death. by ihedioramma: 8:37am On May 15, 2013
Chanchit: First, they should start by checking his brain, then check if he's on drugs. Finally remind him that he's 18yrs already and he's in his resting place for @least 50yrs. 50+18=58. I hope his prison mates would show him that love his father refused to show him.
true talk.
Re: 18-year-old Undergraduate Stabs Father To Death. by Nobody: 10:18am On May 15, 2013
mikeyhernadez: THESE ARE THE PROBABLE CAUSE OF THIS Act.
That Boy must have been on [b]DRUGS

The Man is not his FATHER
He probably must have been controlled by extra TERRESTRIAL Powers
Some Fool!sh Friend might have BRAINWASHED him.

lol, extraterrestrial forces!!!! so to all you people, you think insanity is outdated?! the boy is simply CRAAAAAAAAAAAAZY (aka mentally unstable, deranged), and the only cure is to lock him up, throw away the key, or simply hang his crazy aaasss to pay for his crime.
Re: 18-year-old Undergraduate Stabs Father To Death. by sirbone007(m): 8:25pm On May 20, 2013
I'd like u all to know that the convict is a boy trained in a Godly environment. The father is a fervent Pastor in one of the parishes of the fastest growing church in nigeria. I really want to tell u that this event only occurred because the convict allowed himself to be used by DEAMONS. The son was useful to the DEVIL as instrument against the Father who is a pastor to truncate the destiny of the Pastor. Pastor Aremu is someone who feared God and encouraged others to do thesame. My only prayer for him is to make heaven at last so he can finally rest in peace. Adieu Pastor Aremu. Rest in Peace. Ur teaching and sermons we will never forget. RIP.
Re: 18-year-old Undergraduate Stabs Father To Death. by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 20, 2013
^^nonsense! as if crazy people allowed themselves to be used by the devil......aka be crazy! why is it always on Sundays that we have so much religious crap like the above post!

1 Like

Re: 18-year-old Undergraduate Stabs Father To Death. by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 20, 2013
Na wa o
All these wickedness against parents
The other had the body of his missing mother in a cupboard and this one stabs his father to death shocked shocked shocked shocked
Not my portion IJMN
Re: 18-year-old Undergraduate Stabs Father To Death. by sirbone007(m): 4:50am On May 21, 2013
U saw my post and u commented on it as NONSENSE u aren't sound in ur sense of judgement course from my post u should be able to grab the central idea which is still relevant to the topic in question. U've got to watch urself too o. Besides I didn't send that post on a sunday but sent it in on monday 20th may. U are so annoying.

(1) (Reply)

Man Cuts Off Own Arms To Stop Stealing Addiction-pictures / "GOBE"; See What A Nigerian Soldier Did To A Driver For Parking Wrongly..photo / Prophet Dies After Asking Followers To Bury Him Alive To Strengthen His Powers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.