Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? (6164 Views)

The Major Cause Of Tyre Burst Accidents In Nigeria ( Pictures Included ) / Bodies Burnt Beyond Recognition In Enugu Multiple Car Accidents(Graphic Photos) / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by Scopium: 11:07am On Apr 22, 2008
Ever Had A Motor Accident Before? I Survived One This Morning! I just watched it happen.

In that split of a second that seemed frozen into eternity your mind wander as you wonder, is this my last day on earth, why did I enter this bus, why did I embark on this trip, God why me? They are just uncountable. The danfo driver in order to avoid traffic pulled the usual James Bond stunt driving by climbing the side walk. This crazy dude was on speed, lost control almost plunged us in the ditch, God just swerved him back on the road he bashed a honda city.

Thank God no life was lost. If you've had such experience maybe as a by-stander just share with us, if not share with us still.
Re: Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by slimes(m): 11:29am On Apr 22, 2008
It is a painful experience.
Re: Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by dee02(m): 11:40am On Apr 22, 2008
I had one when i was a kid

I put 4 bottle caps across a sugar box to act as tyres and was pulling it with a rice-sack thread around my compound
only for my mummy to grab me from no-where and scream dat i have not completed my homework
instantly, she stamped on my model car and it crushed it to a wreckage, you should have seen it!
i was lucky i was not inside the box if not i wld have died!

accidents can be tragic my brother

1 Like

Re: Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by fotodaddy: 11:54am On Apr 22, 2008
On a bike, I can tell you there is no time to think about what would or would not have been.

200km/h on third mainland. A change of lane from the slow to the fast to overtake a truck. Too late!! I realize the truck is overtaking a slow car that is on the fast lane. Two choices; slam into the slow car OR try to stop without going into it's boot. Settle for the second.

Pull the anchors and promptly fly over the handlebars. Land on the road with the back of my head and my shoulder. Thank God for fast guardian angles that can keep up with my speed!!!! grin , And a helmet worth 50K which breaks on impact but saves my skull, body armour and gloves that save me from needing mutliple skin drafts.

Walk away with a broken clavicle and a bruise the size of a Naira coin. And a lesson in in-appropriate speed!!! lipsrsealed

No fear, no why me?, no flash of my life before my eyes, no time for anything smiley

8 weeks to get back on the bike grin, 2 - 4 weeks to regain my confidence cheesy lets ride!!! grin
Re: Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by coopedro(m): 12:16pm On Apr 22, 2008
dee02:

I put 4 bottle caps across a sugar box to act as tyres and was pulling it with a rice-sack thread around my compound
only for my mummy to grab me from no-where and scream that i have not completed my homework
instantly, she stamped on my model car and it crushed it to a wreckage, you should have seen it!
i was lucky i was not inside the box if not i would have died!

Lol
Re: Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by Scopium: 12:27pm On Apr 22, 2008
dee02:

only for my mummy to grab me from no-where and scream that i have not completed my homework
i was lucky i was not inside the box if not i would have died!

[size=13pt]You are so damn lucky you weren't inside the box grin grin grin cheesy[/size]
Re: Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 22, 2008
hmm, Mine was on an okada,

The guy was a talkative, he was boring me with his useless talk.

It was around december, and there were all se carnival stuff going on

And as we were moving from street to the other he was commenting on the performance of each carnival group.

I warned him to concentrate but the idiot won't listen.

In a flash, just saw myslef off the okada and on the floor,

unknown to us,there was a fast moving car from the opposite direction
Re: Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by tboy1(m): 1:04pm On Apr 22, 2008
mdsocks:

hmm, Mine was on an okada,

The guy was a talkative, he was boring me with his useless talk.

It was around december, and there were all se carnival stuff going on

And as we were moving from street to the other he was commenting on the performance of each carnival group.

I warned him to concentrate but the idiot won't listen.

In a flash, just saw myslef off the okada and on the floor,

unknown to us,there was a fast moving car from the opposite direction

and what happened?
Re: Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Apr 22, 2008
tboy1:

and what happened?

Good question.

He either got completely flattened, and he's posting from the other side. . .

. . .or he's still got 8 lives left. cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by Seun(m): 1:33pm On Apr 22, 2008
mdsocks:

In a flash, just saw myself off the okada and on the floor,
I've had a similar experience. The front tire of the okada I was riding passed under a car and I found myself a few feet away. Standing. Till this moment I have no recollection of getting off that bike. I must have jumped, heh.
Re: Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by tboy1(m): 1:45pm On Apr 22, 2008
Siena:

Good question.

He either got completely flattened, and he's posting from the other side. . .

. . .or he's still got 8 lives left. cheesy grin cheesy grin

grin grin grin grin grin
@ mdsocks
R u posting from the other side and if you are when r u going to finish your story  grin grin grin
Re: Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 22, 2008
lol!

thought i posted all what happened,

oh! my hands modified it or "sticky keys"  grin

Thanks  to the other driver, he was quick to apply the brake and i was only slammed by the bumper before the car came to a halt. smiley

Wasn't hurt that much,just some minor bruises
Re: Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by atilla(m): 1:59pm On Apr 22, 2008
This happened along st finbars road akoka, lagos when I was young

My aunty was driving my cousins and I in a mazda going home. This lady in a 505 was trying to overtake us and then my aunt didnt know the lady was alongside us and started accelerating.
All of a sudden There was a car ahead driving towards the 505. Instead of her slowing down and entering behind us,,   the lady bashed us off the road  into a large gutter.

The car entered the gutter and the front side got smashed and all the glasses shattered it was quite scary for us i think everyone in the car passed out.

Was a crazy experience
Re: Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 22, 2008
tboy1:

grin grin grin grin grin
@ mdsocks

R u posting from the other side and if you are when r u going to finish your story 
grin grin grin

when i get the license to do that tongue

Over here, before you narrate your past experience you must get a license first grin
Re: Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 22, 2008
Seun:

I've had a similar experience. The front tire of the okada I was riding passed under a car and I found myself a few feet away. Standing. Till this moment I have no recollection of getting off that bike. I must have jumped, heh.

you don't actually know when it happens, one minute you are on and the next you are somewhere else smiley
Re: Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by SENATORJD(m): 2:34pm On Apr 22, 2008
wella i was driving coming from okota some 2yrs back heading towards festac in a regular benz, was on speed but applied brakes when getting close to the end of the bridge turned to go right and the car made a 180 and faced where i was coming from, it all happend in a speed and i reversed and drove forward. came out from the ride walked towards dat place only to c anoda car had dat same experience just after me, walia up till now i cannot explain what happened
in be like say winch dey that place that day shocked
Re: Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by orisebawo(m): 3:13pm On Apr 22, 2008
When I was about 10 yrs old, I was involved in a train accident on the then Iddo-Kano route; we had left Kano the previous morning and had been on the roads( or is it tracks) for the past 22 hours, it was about 7am in the next morning and we were approaching Ede near Ibadan when I noticed that the train had increased its speed, I was so excited about getting to Lagos in time and I went to seat by the window with my left hand dangling out of the train, we were travelling in a 25 coach train and ours was the 9th behind the engine it was a first class carriage without a/c with 4 beds (2 bunks) and a private toilet while the first class with a/c coaches were the last two coaches (24th & 25th) , as we approached Ede at top speed my mum suddenly told me to leave the window side and seat on the bed all of a sudden there was a big jolt and then another and I could hear my mum screaming Jesus. Jesus and then the coach fell on its side. There was this eerie silence and then everyone started screaming at once, the window I was seating at a few minutes ago was now where the floor should be and the door out of the coach was where the roof once was, I was the first to climb on to the bed to get to the door above our heads to open the door, while my mum was screaming for me to wait, the sight when I eventually poked my head out of the coach is one I don’t think I will forget, our coach was the last one attached to the engine, coach numbers 10-25 had being tossed either sides of the track down a hill and we were in the bush, everyone of us 3 sisters, mum and house help managed to get out alive, but a lot of lives were lost that day, all the mats people bought from the North were used to carry the unfortunates, it was a sorry sight with mothers calling out to their kids, loads of wailing and shouting and bodies being carried in mats, all of a sudden we started seeing villagers who helped in directing us towards a major road where we had to get a vehicle to take us to Lagos.

We eventually got to find out that the young driver that took over the train that morning was drunk and that we were even because if it had happened 10 mins later we would all have being dumped in a river. We escaped with minor bruises and after a week or two we were all fine.
Re: Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by Lady2(f): 5:01pm On Apr 22, 2008
I just had one this february. February 10th to be exact.

I was driving on an interstate making 60 mph. While driving, on my side was an 18 wheeler trailer, apparently the trailer thought it was small enough to fit n between me and the person in front of me. It came into my lane and hit me. Next thing I know, I lost control of my car and it started spinning. Withing seconds I found myself upside down in my car. I closed my eyes when it was spinning and made the mistake of opening it only to see that my car was flipping over on the passenger side.

The car skidded and the stopped moving. I felt myself to make sure I could move, and then I crawled out of the broken window. Luckily no other cars were hit by me and no one ran into me as Atlanta drivers are speed drivers.
Re: Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by SweetT1: 5:57pm On Apr 22, 2008
I've had automobile accidents twice. And both of the were caused by snow. The first one was shortly after buying my Rodeo. I thought being an suv and a 4 wheel drive, i could hurry back right quick. Boy was i wrong, A brand new car almost folded into a mat. Thank God i had a full coverage insurance. It would have been a huge loss for me. The second was 2 years after, snow again. but it wasn't as bad as the first time. Thank god i didn't hit anybody, nobody hit me. I only had some minor bruises.
Re: Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by topea(m): 6:18pm On Apr 22, 2008
I have been involved in some but unfortunately in each case, i was the one driving. 1984, 1993,1996. The experiences were not funny. But i have always been lucky to come out whole. But the one i saw in Kogi state was like a typical James Bond movie. I was at a filing station and suddenly there was this noise and when we looked unto the road, there were these two Mercedes Benz cars, a 190 and a 200, that have been crushed from a head on collision. Many casualties but no life was immediately lost. we helped evacuate them to hospitals, but what thrilled me most about God was that there was this baby, about five moths old in the 190, he was obviously sucking breast of his mother when the accident happened, the mother was badly injured but this baby had no pin size scratch.
Re: Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by A40(m): 7:27pm On Apr 22, 2008
I have experienced two the first one i was about 8 years old it was very scary the second when i was about 17 this was less scary but i was shaken still
Re: Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by TCUBE(m): 9:45pm On Apr 22, 2008
God forbid bad thing , and to even thing that the poster cant ever drive is intricate to decipher
Re: Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by SamMilla1(m): 10:00pm On Apr 22, 2008
MID 90s, cant tell the exact year again
Enugu to Onitsha,
J5 bus, Cruisng at about 140km/h
One of the front tyres fell off.
Bus stopped about a kilometer and half from the point of incident
Nobody hurt.
GLORY BE TO GOD
Re: Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by DrDre1(m): 10:28pm On Apr 22, 2008
Been involved in quite a handful and seen a couple happen.
Came out of them in one piece by GOD's grace.
The very first one was when I was around 7 years.
I like Dodo (fried plantain) alot and back then, sometimes I would go and buy from roadside sellers.
My mom always warned me never to eat while walking so I must get home first before I could eat them.
On this particular day, I had gone to buy Dodo and was so much in a hurry to get home quick and deal with the package.
While watching out for the traffic so I could cross the busy road, I noticed someone (obviously an adult) who just crossed right in front of an oncoming vehicle.
I was impressed and since I was kind of in a hurry too, I decided to try it.
I walked straight in the curvy bumper of a Volkswagen cheesy
Next thing I saw was my dodo all over the road. I stood up again and started running around picking dodo cheesy
People around started chasing me thinking I had gone nuts from the shock cheesy
Thank GOD the driver was an old man just cruising at a low speed.
I was taken home, scolded by mom, but I still had my dodo cheesy
Re: Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by Adeola4nik: 10:36pm On Apr 22, 2008
hey guys,i just saw your arguement on who is the best between Yinka Ayefele nd Teriba,for my Yinka is the best 4 now,with modern gospel music
Re: Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by Robotnik: 12:22am On Apr 23, 2008
Everybody praise the Lord, it was during NYSC service my boss got drunk and was speeding, he then wanted to dodge a pothole and so the okada man. They rammed into each other next thing was that his leg had torn into 2 with his bone showing. I still have nightmares
Re: Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by rikkyjen(m): 12:40am On Apr 23, 2008
People around started chasing me thinking I had gone nuts from the shock
Thank GOD the driver was an old man just cruising at a low speed.

Hahaha, the shock of the accident grin that got me stitiches!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by 4Him1(m): 12:43am On Apr 23, 2008
dodo fit kill some people cheesy grin
Re: Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by mary09(f): 12:55am On Apr 23, 2008
Hahahaha, !I have been in 2 different kind of accient,one wen i was in Nigeria on ma way 2 da Airport i wasnt scared da only thing i said was God 4give me all ma sins.And my 2nd one was with ma stupid ass friend dat Bitch drive supa fast and it was fuuny 2 me.
Re: Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by Nobody: 6:13am On Apr 23, 2008
This is not about a motor accident but about a weird accident that happened this morning.
The lift in my friend's apartment went dark yesterday night, the apartment management have closed office for the day, the bulbs could only be changed when they resume in the morning.
My friend's neighbour was about to go to work this morning, he was typing a message on his phone while approaching the lift. He pressed the lift button, the door opened and he went in, the guy landed almost 17 floors to his death within the lift compartment. What really caused this was that the management guys were changing the bulbs on the ground floor and decided to handle a minor maintenance which made the lift to malfunction, this caused the lift gate on my friend's floor to open without the lift bucket(carrier) being on the same floor and the victim went in taking the darkness to mean that the bulb have not been repaired, the message he was typing didn't allow him pay much attention to notice that the carrier wasn't there.
The firemen came in about 10 minutes later and the body was retrieved.
If this kind of thing could happen here, people in naija should be careful about this kind of super weird accidents.
Re: Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by nkc(m): 6:20am On Apr 23, 2008
are u saying your friend is dead, or seriuosly injured cry
Re: Motor Accidents You've Watched Or Experienced? by Nobody: 6:26am On Apr 23, 2008
I said my friend's neighbour not my friend. The guy died, I saw the body while it was being taken for post mortem

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Signs That Your Car Has A Suspension System Problem / Why Car Headrest Is Detachable / Two Main Types Of Vehicle Chassis You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.