Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,918 members, 7,802,983 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks (8199 Views)

Pray for Muslims Being Massacred In Burma By Buddhist Extremists. (Graphic Pics) / Letter Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery / Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks by vedaxcool(m): 3:11pm On May 15, 2013
It’s good to hear the world’s most prominent Buddhist speaking out against the violence being perpetrated by extremist Buddhist monks in Burma. (h/t: JD)
Dalai Lama Decries Buddhist Attacks On Muslims In Myanmar

By Ian Simpson

COLLEGE PARK, Md., May 7 (Reuters) – Exiled Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama on Tuesday decried Buddhist monks’ attacks on Muslims in Myanmar, saying killing in the name of religion was “unthinkable.”

The Dalai Lama, a foremost Buddhist leader, told an audience at the University of Maryland at the start of a U.S. tour that the root of seemingly sectarian conflict was political, not spiritual.

“Really, killing people in the name of religion is unthinkable, very sad. Nowadays even Buddhists are involved in Burma,” another name for Myanmar, with monks attacking Muslim mosques, the Nobel Peace Prize laureate said after delivering the Anwar Sadat Lecture for Peace at the university.

“I think it is very sad,” he said, adding, “I pray for them (the monks) to think of the face of Buddha,” who had been a protector of Muslims.

A wave of sectarian violence erupted in March in the central Myanmar town of Meikhtila, causing 44 deaths and displacing an estimated 13,000 people, mostly Muslims.

A Reuters investigation found that radical Buddhist monks had been actively involved in the violence and in spreading anti-Muslim material around the country.

Sectarian clashes between Buddhists and Muslims, who make up about 5 percent of Myanmar’s population, have erupted on several occasions since a quasi-civilian government took power in March 2011 after five decades of military dictatorship.

The 77-year-old Dalai Lama, whose name is Tenzin Gyatso, also urged his largely student audience of 15,000 to create a new world in the 21st century, saying that he was a man of the last century.

“That group of individuals of the 20th century are ready to say bye-bye,” Tibet’s most revered spiritual leader said.

“You have the responsibility to create a new world based on the concept of one humanity.”

China brands the Dalai Lama, who fled into exile to India in 1959 after an abortive uprising against Chinese rule of Tibet, as a separatist. The Dalai Lama says he is merely seeking more autonomy for his Himalayan homeland.

The address in College Park, Maryland, was the start of a U.S. visit that includes stops in Oregon, Wisconsin, Kentucky and New Orleans, Louisiana.

(Reporting by Ian Simpson; Editing by Scott Malone and Kenneth Barry)

http://www.loonwatch.com/2013/05/dalai-lama-decries-buddhist-attacks-on-muslims-in-myanmar/
Re: Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks by vedaxcool(m): 3:31pm On May 15, 2013
The Dai Lama should be commended because even christains who had no stake in the fight had already started rationalizing the actions of the extremist

Paschal007: didn't you read the where they reported that the fighting began after muslims started raping Buddhist women? What has been the reaction of muslims so far? What have they done especially the oil rich ones to help those displaced muslims? Waiting for the infidel west? I think i'll start up a thread for that. undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/1241178/muslims-vanish-buddhist-attacks-approach#15040449

so it is a positive development and gets my endorsement.
Re: Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks by Paschal007: 3:48pm On May 15, 2013
sino: Can buhdist actually do this? This is not self-defence na? The report didnt indicate that they were provoked in any way, I thought they were said to be peaceful and buhda didnt preach violence?
Paschal007: didn't you read the where they reported that the fighting began after muslims started raping Buddhist women?
undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks by prosper606(m): 1:44pm On May 16, 2013
Second to comment...Dancing Azonto... grin
Re: Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 16, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks by Okijajuju: 1:47pm On May 16, 2013
Buddahs name be praised!

1 Like

Re: Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks by Carius(m): 1:47pm On May 16, 2013
ok.....we don hear! grin
Re: Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks by dridowu: 1:54pm On May 16, 2013
1 tin is certain, fanatics are present in all religion

1 Like

Re: Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks by Occurstaem(m): 1:55pm On May 16, 2013
At last someone speak out.
Re: Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks by ezedolar: 1:56pm On May 16, 2013
How many times have he decried of muslims killing christans in Nigeria. Pigin wey say hin mother no go sleep make he sleep now make we see

1 Like

Re: Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks by theripper2: 1:59pm On May 16, 2013
Muslims are always at the center of any religious fracas or imbroglio.

If u guys aint fighting pagans, u are killing Christians or praying for the complete extirpation of the Jews. Sunnis and Shias have always been at Loggerheads since I was born , now u have Buddhists on ur kill list now.

Abeg, Muslims should shift and let pple breathe well. U guys are almost like a cancer that should be violently stifled cuz it seems u guys become more brutal with each passing generation.

11 Likes

Re: Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks by Omexonomy: 2:02pm On May 16, 2013
CRAP! CRAP!! CRAP!!!. When BH were busy decimating churches and christian in the northern part of nigeria their counterparts in the south were happy to see their prayer come true. E.g from 33 catholic churches to 3 catholic church what did you and ur minions do? Only for you people to be celebrating and jubilating by poping champagne all over nairaland banning whoever try to call you to order.

2 Likes

Re: Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks by Okijajuju: 2:04pm On May 16, 2013
dridowu: 1 tin is certain, fanatics are present in all religion

Have you seen these muslims attack Buddists?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g1WnNjQhQw

I am proud of the reprisal attack jor! angry

If only christians would grow some balls, these Muslims would realize that no be only them get crase for head...

2 Likes

Re: Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 16, 2013
Muslims kill Christian, Christians keep quiet, Buddhist Kill Muslims.. Na so e be
Re: Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks by Omexonomy: 2:07pm On May 16, 2013
Do you know that they were promise 72 young sweet virgins for all these and they will continue to tell you islam is a religion of peace and they will be killing you.
the_ripper2: Muslims are always at the center of any fracas or imbroglio.

If u guys aint fighting pagans, u are killing Christians or praying for the complete extirpation of the Jews. Sunnis and Shias have always been at Loggerheads since I was born , now u have Buddhists on ur kill list now.

Abeg, Muslims should shift and let pple breathe well. U guys are almost like a cancer that should be violently stifled cuz it seems u guys become more brutal with each passing generation.
Re: Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks by sylve11: 2:09pm On May 16, 2013
Na wa, these Buddhists used to be quiet folks. what is happening? sad cool
Re: Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 16, 2013
sylve11: Na wa, these Buddhists used to be quiet folks. what is happening? sad cool

They have had enough
There is only so much a peaceful person can take

3 Likes

Re: Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks by tspun(m): 2:21pm On May 16, 2013
9 fit them
Re: Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks by BabeOnIdeas(f): 2:21pm On May 16, 2013
Even Nigerian muslims too are commenting on this thread, so you guys can feel bad 2....people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

1 Like

Re: Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 16, 2013
cheesy Hahahahaha,what goes around is a ho,they should be glad na,sure way to paradise,this is just a tit bit of what they will be seeing from every fed up person soon,no one has the monopoly of violence. Budda be praised hehehehe.
Re: Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 16, 2013
What goes around must surely comes around,its only God almighty that can save us from all these conflicts here and there............God we the helpless are calling on you

1 Like

Re: Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks by chaloner(m): 2:58pm On May 16, 2013
prosper606: Second to comment...Dancing Azonto... grin
U NO GO BORNO?

1 Like

Re: Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 16, 2013
Well served and deserved reprisal attack.
Unlike the christians, Buddhists don't take nonsense.
The terrorists molested buddhists and thought they will go scot free? Lai-lai.

In fact, the buddhists should continue to fire their stinking, creasy a$ssesssssss..... cheesy
Re: Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks by bashorunbazok: 3:13pm On May 16, 2013
I read the above comments and I felt sorry for some of you.Its a shame that the value for life is now dependent on one's belief.For crying out loud, unjust termination of human soul is wrong anywhere in the world. Why do you have to be happy that muslims are being killed?And why do I have to be happy with the cataclysmic act of boko haram?Its wrong!
Its about time some of u peeps came out of ur prejudiced mind,and stop thinking myopically.
For over a decade now, I have been hearing u guys talk about 72 virgins. How many of you have tried to verify this claim in d quran? You have no excuse,there are translated versions;english,hausa,igbo,et al. You can even read or download free online.Its sad that despite the unfettered access we have to info in this jet age, many people are still buried in ignorance and there distorted line of thought.
Please the next time u wanna talk about '72 virgins', bolster it with empirical evidence and not an anecdote from 1 criminal element whose aim is to cast aspersion against Islam.
And for record purpose, Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world,despite all d numerous propagandas. The reality is that no one can cover the brightness of the moon.
Islam=peace+total submission to the will of Allah..

13 Likes

Re: Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 16, 2013
oga is monopoly and not monotony
Gaiden k: :DHahahahaha,what goes around is a ho,they should be glad na,sure way to paradise,this is just a tit bit of what they will be seeing from every fed up person soon,no one has the monotony of violence. Budda be praised hehehehe.
Re: Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:42pm On May 16, 2013
Violence is bad. It should not be attached to religion.
Re: Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 16, 2013
Wow! Amazeballs at fellow Buddhists.....

Guess there's only so much tail yank a sleeping dog can take.
Re: Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 16, 2013
bashorunbazok: I read the above comments and I felt sorry for some of you.Its a shame that the value for life is now dependent on one's belief.For crying out loud, unjust termination of human soul is wrong anywhere in the world. Why do you have to be happy that muslims are being killed?And why do I have to be happy with the cataclysmic act of boko haram?Its wrong!
Its about time some of u peeps came out of ur prejudiced mind,and stop thinking myopically.
For over a decade now, I have been hearing u guys talk about 72 virgins. How many of you have tried to verify this claim in d quran? You have no excuse,there are translated versions;english,hausa,igbo,et al. You can even read or download free online.Its sad that despite the unfettered access we have to info in this jet age, many people are still buried in ignorance and there distorted line of thought.
Please the next time u wanna talk about '72 virgins', bolster it with empirical evidence and not an anecdote from 1 criminal element whose aim is to cast aspersion against Islam.
[size=18pt]And for record purpose, Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world,despite all d numerous propagandas. [/size]The reality is that no one can cover the brightness of the moon.

I hate it when Muslims try to deceive gullible readers by cheap propaganda
If Maclatunji allows me,I will answer to those falsehood from time to time
Why don't you tell us how Islam is the fastest growing religion?
Islam is the religion losing adherents the fastest by conversion to Christianity and other faiths
They are also the fastest growing not by conversion but because your women become ripe for marriage and start procreating at 9
From Yemen to Bahrain to Rural Egypt to Pakistan to Nigeria
Their mates in the rest of world get educated and think of a family in their twenties
Please tell us
Is that something to boast about?
Go to a typical Muslim City like Kano,one million plus of those fastest growing statistics roam the streets with plates in hand smoking weed

Nigerian stats tell us the average southern Christian girl is in SS1 at the age of 15 while 75% of their Muslim counterparts in northern nigeria are on an old man's bed making babies and swelling the population

8 Likes

Re: Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks by vedaxcool(m): 4:28pm On May 16, 2013
bashorunbazok: I read the above comments and I felt sorry for some of you.Its a shame that the value for life is now dependent on one's belief.For crying out loud, unjust termination of human soul is wrong anywhere in the world. Why do you have to be happy that muslims are being killed?And why do I have to be happy with the cataclysmic act of boko haram?Its wrong!
And for record purpose, Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world,despite all d numerous propagandas. The reality is that no one can cover the brightness of the moon.

I simply conclude the sons and daughters of Hell made such posts! After all NL serve as a good platform for promoting violence against muslims etc.
Most of the comments so far shows those whose religion is violent are those whose god place a blood debt in the form of murdering his own self or his "son" as price of forgiving such people their sins, and apparently jesus alleged spilling of blood on the cross is not enough, these sons and daughters of hell, now want to add the blood of muslims to it, that will not happen!
Re: Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 16, 2013
@babyosisi I can see that your hatred for islam has blinded you to the truth. Wikipedia appears to be mor objective than you:

According to the Guinness Book of World Records, Islam is the world’s fastest-growing religion by number of conversions each year: "Although the religion began in Arabia, by 2002 80% of all believers in Islam lived outside the Arab world. In the period 1990-2000, approximately 12.5 million more people converted to Islam than to Christianity".[27] Part of the book's quote can be seen online from this extract from Google Books.[27] This was again shown in the 2005, 50th anniversary edition of Guinness Book of World Records, although the number of conversions was not mentioned this time.[28]

In 1990, 935 million people were Muslims. According to the BBC, a comprehensive American study concluded in 2009 the number stood at approximately 23% of the world population with 60% of Muslims living in Asia.[29][30] The report was done by the Pew Forum Research Centre.[30] The forum also projected that in 2010 out of the total number of Muslims in the world 62.1% will live in Asia.[29]

deal with that

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claims_to_be_the_fastest-growing_religion

1 Like

Re: Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks by theripper2: 4:36pm On May 16, 2013
Islam=peace+total submission to the will of Allah..[/quote]

Tell me something, there are about 80000 dead muslims in Syria, thousands die yearly from bomb attacks in Yemen, pakistan, iraq and afghanistan and many die from avoidable causes due to ur fanatical refusal of vaccines. The population of muslims is just a few thousands more than Catholics worldwide. Religion is not a game of numbers, we aint competing. Moreover, u mohammedans consider urselves as slaves to allah, I don't. God called me his "son" and his "friend" and says we should reason together. There is something inherently wrong in Islam, u lots are just living in self-denial. Practice what u preach. Don't chant "peace" like a broken record and order for our heads on a plate tomorrow.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy Eid ul Adha To Nairalanders / My Wife & Child OR My Father & His Business / 100 Advice From Quran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.