Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Is Tecno Really A Threat To Nokia In The Nigerian Budget Phone Market? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Tecno Really A Threat To Nokia In The Nigerian Budget Phone Market? (1274 Views)

4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall / Pls My E6 Gets Too Hot And I Hav Sent It To Nokia Care Here In Abuja Andi Took 2 / Solution To Nokia S40 3rd Edition Error Using Opera mini to Browse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Tecno Really A Threat To Nokia In The Nigerian Budget Phone Market? by FoRgEteD: 3:23pm On May 15, 2013
[b]I woke up this morning seeing Nokia Lumia ads everywhere, infact more pronounced on Nairaland. I remember that Tecno Q1 has been the only phone always on the advert slot here for sometime now, also with the advent of Tecno T1, their flagship android phone, they have successfully garnered enough support and reputation among the young and low income earners in the country. At least, almost everyone can now afford a smart phone running on the most popular os at the moment.

With the production of cheap, durable and efficient low-end smart phones, Tecno is gradually taking over the Nigerian Low-end market, seriously with what I have seen peeps do with those phones such as N3 and N7, Nokia is in for a big fight for the low-end market because, the Asha range that is priced in the same region as these N3 and others can barely browse and run few low games. Just last week, they clock 50,000 fans on their facebook page that is barely few months old.

The way it stands now, Nokia needs to upgrade their Asha phones to the new Asha OS and also make enough apps available to draw back the market to their favour and as well as work on their pricing because, these are what an average Nigerian considers while getting a phone.

The battle line is drawn and the consumers are in for more juicy offers and application as this battle rages on. The beauty of competition!

NB: I am not in any way comparing Nokia and Tecno as a brand/company but rather, their products at similar price range.

For Tecno or Nokia fans, you can pick a Tecno phone and a Nokia phone at a similar price range and compare what they have/can do on this thread......

Let the fun begin!!!!![/b]
Re: Is Tecno Really A Threat To Nokia In The Nigerian Budget Phone Market? by physise(m): 5:32pm On May 15, 2013
FoRgEteD: [b]I woke up this morning seeing Nokia Lumia ads everywhere, infact more pronounced on Nairaland. I remember that Tecno Q1 has been the only phone always on the advert slot here for sometime now, also with the advent of Tecno T1, their flagship android phone, they have successfully garnered enough support and reputation among the young and low income earners in the country. At least, almost everyone can now afford a smart phone running on the most popular os at the moment.

With the production of cheap, durable and efficient low-end smart phones, Tecno is gradually taking over the Nigerian Low-end market, seriously with what I have seen peeps do with those phones such as N3 and N7, Nokia is in for a big fight for the low-end market because, the Asha range that is priced in the same region as these N3 and others can barely browse and run few low games. Just last week, they clock 50,000 fans on their facebook page that is barely few months old.

The way it stands now, Nokia needs to upgrade their Asha phones to the new Asha OS and also make enough apps available to draw back the market to their favour and as well as work on their pricing because, these are what an average Nigerian considers while getting a phone.

The battle line is drawn and the consumers are in for more juicy offers and application as this battle rages on. The beauty of competition!

NB: I am not in any way comparing Nokia and Tecno as a brand/company but rather, their products at similar price range.

For Tecno or Nokia fans, you can pick a Tecno phone and a Nokia phone at a similar price range and compare what they have/can do on this thread......

Let the fun begin!!!!![/b]
NOKIA SUCKS,THINKING OF GETTING AN ANDROID PHONE
Re: Is Tecno Really A Threat To Nokia In The Nigerian Budget Phone Market? by Ogetogeo(m): 11:05am On May 16, 2013
Nokia needs to work on their new OS(Asha), because they are losing ground steadily.

(1) (Reply)

Info On MTN Android Browsing / Have Your 3g Phone Ever Downloaded To Its Downlink Speed At 5.76mbps / Help Pls!!!!! My Battery Drains Every Second!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.