Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,713 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo (24649 Views)

Man Who Killed Policemen Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Bayelsa (photo) / Nigeria Rental Car Operator Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia(photos) / Nigerian Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia For Drug(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by Tolexander: 4:38pm On May 15, 2013
Imo State High Court presided over by Hon. Justice C.M.I. Egole, has sentenced eight persons to death by hanging for their alleged involvement in the brutal murder of an ex-police officer, Nze Dominic Ohamadiaku Duru, from Izombe, Oguta lcal council area of the state.

Those waiting for the hangman include James Ugwuoha Duru, Fester Nuforo, Alexander Nnadi alias Apollo, Friday Nuforo and Jonathan Chuddy Nnadi, a staff of Imo Broadcasting Corporation, IBC, Owerri.

Others are Chifoanu Okorie, Matthias Ohazurike and Evans Egbujor, while the ninth accused person, Mrs. Sussana James Duru, was however discharged and acquitted by the court for not participating actively in the dastardly act.

Delivering judgment Wednesday after analyzing critically the evidence before him in suit number HOW/4C/2007, Justice Egole pronounced the eight persons guilty of conspiracy and murder.

“You are to be hanged on your neck until you be dead and may God have mercy on your souls”, Justice Egole said.

In exonerating the woman, Egole said she was only linked to one of the convicts, James Ugwuoha Duru, by marriage, adding that although she accompanied her husband to the house of the deceased on that fateful day, she never participated in the heineous act.

In pleading for leniency, the convicts took turns in showering encomium of the deceased and even went further to describe him as “our father and benefactor” and appealed to the court to tamper justice with mercy.

Evans Egbujor expressed worry over the uncertainty that now envelopes his immediate family, especiallas his wife is currently lying the morgue and awaiting burial.

Vanguard recalls that the convicted persons and others at large, had on that fateful day, lured the deceased to his farmland in Okpuzi in the village, where they laid siege for him and snuffed life out of him.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/court-setences-8-to-death-by-hanging-in-imo/

1 Like

Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by polokor60(m): 6:50pm On May 15, 2013
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by misterh(m): 6:51pm On May 15, 2013
Supported.
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by imeller: 6:52pm On May 15, 2013
serves them right.
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by DJDOLA(m): 6:52pm On May 15, 2013
I thought there is no more hangin people
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by Afam4eva(m): 6:53pm On May 15, 2013
Was it murder or manslaughter?
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 15, 2013
D heart of men is desperately wicked
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 15, 2013
I GUESS NO MO NEW YAM FESTIVAL FOR THOSE 8 MEN grin grin

NO MO AKPU AND OFE ONUGBU NEITHER

3 Likes

Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by Arabanco87: 6:55pm On May 15, 2013
obadiah777: I GUESS NO MO NEW YAM FESTIVAL FOR THOSE 8 MEN grin grin

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by Jazzgreen(m): 6:58pm On May 15, 2013
these laws existed and a certain idi0t from one terrorist country smuglin weapons into this country was only sentenced to 5yrs wateva! this one man killed and the thousands killed wit those weapons ,which one pass mtcheeewww....
anyway sha,good for dem-the unrighteous shall neva go unpunished

4 Likes

Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by touchmeder: 7:02pm On May 15, 2013
its quite sad but i am sure if criminals especially the armed robbers and their brother's who kidnap people for money and even kill them after collecting the ransom knew they would face the hang man's noose if caught, all this rubbish will reduce drastically if not end.
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 7:04pm On May 15, 2013
Looking at this critically. I never heard the story, so I don't know what happened. But for 8 or 9 people to have connived to kill someone, it's either the police man was a nuisance(very wicked) or he was too good.
Also, I think the laws of the country should be reviewed. We have mispaced priorities in delivering judgement.
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by Tolexander: 7:04pm On May 15, 2013
obadiah777: I GUESS NO MO NEW YAM FESTIVAL FOR THOSE 8 MEN grin grin

don't be suprised seeing the guys later!

Remember we are in the country where politics is played to pardon anything!

1 Like

Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 15, 2013
An eye for an eye.. .

1 Like

Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 15, 2013
LEGAL JUNGLE JUSTICE AGAIN? HOW EXACTLY DOES THE KILLING OF EIGHT MEN JUSTIFY THE KILLING OF ONE MAN? WHAT HAPPENED TO LIFE IN PRISON WITH HARD LABOUR? SMH AT THE NIGERIAN JUDICIARY!

5 Likes

Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 15, 2013
Afam4eva: Was it murder or manslaughter?

Dumb question.

The article said "brutal murder" and you are talking about manslaughter.Are you a learner ?

3 Likes

Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 15, 2013
Better kept in toughts...
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by Sowada(m): 7:08pm On May 15, 2013
that serve them right. other will learn from this.

1 Like

Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by Nwaoguta(m): 7:09pm On May 15, 2013
In my home town? Na lie joor.
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 7:09pm On May 15, 2013
Hanging by death is even beta. D judge could hv done sumfin beta dan dat. U need to c d way dis man was wickedly brutal. His 2 hands were cut-off, his throat was slice wit d bck...infact it was horrible.
May his soul rest in peace
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 15, 2013
exxell: LEGAL JUNGLE JUSTICE AGAIN? HOW EXACTLY DOES THE KILLING OF EIGHT MEN JUSTIFY THE KILLING OF ONE MAN? WHAT HAPPENED TO LIFE IN PRISON WITH HARD LABOUR? SMH AT THE NIGERIAN JUDICIARY!

Shut up if you don't know about capital punishment even the US still practice it !

3 Likes

Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by Sowada(m): 7:10pm On May 15, 2013
HANG THEM NOW. DON'T WAIT FOR ANY APPEAL COURT TO UNTURN THE VERDICT. MURDERERS
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by supaeagles(m): 7:10pm On May 15, 2013
exxell: LEGAL JUNGLE JUSTICE AGAIN? HOW EXACTLY DOES THE KILLING OF EIGHT MEN JUSTIFY THE KILLING OF ONE MAN? WHAT HAPPENED TO LIFE IN PRISON WITH HARD LABOUR? SMH AT THE NIGERIAN JUDICIARY!
That's the law of the land. If you don't want to face the consequences then don't commit the crime (murder).

also can you please NOT use all caps lock when you post, it de pain eye to read all capital letters - thnk u sa

1 Like

Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:10pm On May 15, 2013
Any corrupt politician? Bokp haram? Asari dokubo? Obj? Ibb? Kabiru sokoto? Faruk? Dimeji?
Anyone? No?
What abt arms smuggler? Importer of fake drugs? Civilian killer police? No?
U be joke!
Nansense!

4 Likes

Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by badjack(m): 7:11pm On May 15, 2013
ehh
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by blackmann(m): 7:12pm On May 15, 2013
To be honest, are prisoners still being executed in Nigeria? The last time i heard someone actually being executed in the country was more than 10 years ago, when a bunch of thieves were shot at Odogbo military cantonment in Ibadan.
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by trigar12(m): 7:12pm On May 15, 2013
Ok. But they've not sentenced any police to death for killing people, all we hear is ACCIDENTAL DISCHARGE. God dey o

2 Likes

Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by nijanigga: 7:14pm On May 15, 2013
I have to mercy for murderers ,but the Nigerian judiciary system is grossly flawed,if a man can be sentenced to 45 years jail term for stealing a governor's handset,while legislooters are looting openly,I can only conclude that the Nigerian judiciary is garbage.
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by jeffizy(m): 7:17pm On May 15, 2013
You do the crime, you serve the punishment.
No sentiments.
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by vedd: 7:18pm On May 15, 2013
Let the punishment fit the crime.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Arrest Man Over Homosexuality / Police Officer Shoot Newly Appointed Task Officer Chairman Dead In Akwa Ibom(Pix / Man Stabs His Elder Brother To Death Over Shirt And Trouser In Kano (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.