Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,848 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:24 AM

Could Dis Be Try And Error!!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Could Dis Be Try And Error!!! (608 Views)

Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 / Error Code: P0741 (corolla '07) / Stop, Car Too Low - Error On Mercedes Benz Cls 500 - Sienna - Any Idea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Could Dis Be Try And Error!!! by gtsystems: 5:44pm On May 15, 2013
Hi,
last week i took to my NEW mechanic's advice to get new tires for the front wheel of my car,which i did, . after i he had fixed dem,i noticed i was hearing some loud noise from the left front wheel, the mechanic said i should do wheel balancing and alignment ,i did,the sound persisted,he suggested i should change my brake disc ,i did ,the same sound continue,he now said i should change the brake pad,at this junction i felt unhappy, cos it might look like this guy is doing try and error on my car, which is taking money,time and energy off me. so could he be right with his suggestions,why cant he just diagnose the issue straight away. i need ur suggestions on his matter. thanks
Re: Could Dis Be Try And Error!!! by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:07pm On May 15, 2013
gtsystems: Hi,
last week i took to my NEW mechanic's advice to get new tires for the front wheel of my car,which i did, . after i he had fixed dem,i noticed i was hearing some loud noise from the left front wheel, the mechanic said i should do wheel balancing and alignment ,i did,the sound persisted,he suggested i should change my brake disc ,i did ,the same sound continue,he now said i should change the brake pad,at this junction i felt unhappy, cos it might look like this guy is doing try and error on my car, which is taking money,time and energy off me. so could he be right with his suggestions,why cant he just diagnose the issue straight away. i need ur

suggestions on his matter. thanks

Well 1st check if the mental cover aint touching the disk that is if your has the cover

It might be the bearing does the sound also increase with speed ?
Re: Could Dis Be Try And Error!!! by BTT(m): 12:43am On May 17, 2013
Ordinarily, one should perform wheel alignment and balancing after changing (especially your front) tyres. So, to that point, it wasnt trial and error.

Did your NEW mech test-drive the car or just relied on your (rookie) description of the sound. if you are not so sure, let him have a test drive and let him tell you exactly where the noise was coming from.

Possible Checks:

....Confirm it is not your new tyres brushing against your rubber sand-protectors

... Check your brake pad latches not rubbing against the plates.

... Like the earlier poster observed, check if it is not your shaft-rod
bruising away

... Does the sound replicate itself in your handling- on the steering? If yes, weak ball joints may be suspect ...

It could be anything! A proper explanation of the type of sound being produced will also be very helpful. But pls get him to test drive it and let him 'use his own mouth' to tell you what exactly the sound is.

My pinch.

(1) (Reply)

Computer Hackers Reveal New Car Attacks / Question / Nissan Shock Absorbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.