Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones (11490 Views)

What Are Disadvantages Of Refurbished Phones? / Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! / How To Identify Refurbished blackberry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by Orochimaru11: 9:05am On May 16, 2013
I went with my younger bro yesterday to get a uk used galaxy S2 but when we got to the market, what we saw were refurbished phones being sold in showcases.He wanted to buy an unlocked AT&T galaxy s2 sky rocket from one of them for 30k but I asked him to go home and think about it.The phones looked very clean and all of them had tags from companies that refurbished them.Have you ever had a bad experience from refurbished or showcase phones.
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by jimikata(m): 1:46pm On May 16, 2013
i also want to get an htc my touch 4g refurbished for 15k but am confuse wheather to go ahead or i should by tecno d5. pls advice.
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by Orochimaru11: 4:57pm On May 22, 2013
Please I still need your replies...
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 22, 2013
oh front page, I think I have to modify my post!!!! ....And for the op Refurblish phone are not so Bad but be ready to buy a new battery after buying it........I have been using refurblished phones for A long time but this new chinko techo realy set my heart to Brand new.I mean am enjoying it because I bought it NEW.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by calddon(m): 9:33pm On May 22, 2013
jimikata: i also want to get an htc my touch 4g refurbished for 15k but am confuse wheather to go ahead or i should by tecno d5. pls advice.
Before you pay for the my touch check if it's d one with the good screen by turning the phone to an angle of 45 degrees, if the display appears faded then don't buy buy if it appears very bright that's the good screen, most HTC refurbished come with good battery so u just might get a good one.
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by nelsonturner: 12:51pm On May 23, 2013
I have never used or bought any refurbished phone. I would suggest better buy net phone because refurbished though look very good and clean but after all it is refurbished phone and might have some fault in it.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 23, 2013
Never used one b4
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by Kings77: 3:12pm On May 23, 2013
No EXPERIENCE!
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by victor2exl(m): 3:12pm On May 23, 2013
pls what is the difference....tokunbo and refurbs
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by SamConquer(m): 3:12pm On May 23, 2013
Sorry, that Question Is Not For Me Cause All My Phones are straight From the C.E.O of The Company.Like My Blackberry I Bought It From The C.E.O Of RIM(Research In Motion) In Canada#Continue Puffing My Cuban Cigar#
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by onuwaje(m): 3:14pm On May 23, 2013
I bought a blackberry bold3 phone from garrison in port harcourt for 17k and within a month I flashed the fone after a new memory card crashed the phone, I changed the battery and without any thing happening the screen had a crack which on its own started drawing a line on the screen from top to bottom of the screen. All in one month

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by abatajjvii: 3:16pm On May 23, 2013
Na my name
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by Obinnau(m): 3:22pm On May 23, 2013
Since I started using phones, I haVe never bought brand new and I can assure u that they all served me well!
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by SIRcumalot: 3:28pm On May 23, 2013
I have a blackberry that is an amalgam of bold 4 and bold 2 ,appworld never works, and normal browser can't download more than 8mb,and people are always asking me which of the model it is. Get the real thing
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by Drsunnie(m): 3:29pm On May 23, 2013
Frankly speaking , I had an ugly experience with refurbished phone. I don't wanna go into details but I advise you to buy a direct London used phone if you don't have money for new phone instead of buying a refurbished phone . Dr Okpokwu Sunnie speaking .

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by estyvino(m): 3:31pm On May 23, 2013
Refurbished phones? they are as good as the new ones, it just the problem of weak battery and no users guide, which you can buy better b3 and who knows,if you are smart like me, you don't need manual.
Am using HTC hd7 and enjoying it!

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by onatisi(m): 3:38pm On May 23, 2013
i still dont get it .what is the difference between a refurbished phone and a used one?most of the phones been advertised here on nl are used ones too,and yet many of them work .
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by Rockcalvary(m): 3:39pm On May 23, 2013
Well ¶ think all ‎​И̣̣̣̥a luck oh!
Got this refurbished  and I've used it for 2 yrs running. Only ish I've had is with the ba3 and track ball. So really ‎​И̣̣̣̥a lotto you dey play. So if you know say U̶̲̥̅̊я̲̅ head gud, you can try refurb, if not my brother go for new wan grin
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by dulphines: 3:42pm On May 23, 2013
Its like buying a tokumbo (used car) anything you see after purchase you take! It's a trade of luck!
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by ekazulu: 3:43pm On May 23, 2013
SamConquer: Sorry, that Question Is Not For Me Cause All My Phones are straight From the C.E.O of The Company.Like My Blackberry I Bought It From The C.E.O Of RIM(Research In Motion) In Canada#Continue Puffing My Cuban Cigar#

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 23, 2013
estyvino: Refurbished phones? they are as good as the new ones, it just the problem of weak battery and no users guide, which you can buy better b3 and who knows,if you are smart like me, you don't need manual.
Am using HTC hd7 and enjoying it!
how much you buy am?
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by yuzedo: 3:46pm On May 23, 2013
I think my first experience was with a used iPod Touch... That buy was probably the greatest steal of the century as it was preloaded with over 16GB of some of the greatest songs ever, lots of artistes that i didn't know then but who have come to be in my favorite list. It lasted forever and only kaputted when it fell in a bucket of soapy water! embarassed

Subsequently, every blackberry phone i have owned was purchased 2nd hand at CV. Eevn before that, my Nokia xPress music 5800 (bought from a friend at almost brand new price) because frankly, i don't believe in breaking the bank for gadgets that are:
1. Prone to theft
2. Prone to damage
3. Aren't investments

Spending ridiculous amounts on phones which in a few months time gets upgraded and you're stuck with an old model, feeling ripped off isn't sexy, so i kuku just buy wetin person don use. undecided They are most times very very clean and defect-free, and the only problem might be that they are stolen stuff shipped into Naija, which would be quite unfortunate, but, hey.. How man go do na?! grin

P.s. None of my purchases has ever spoilt during use, mostly lasts over 2yrs before i feel the strategic need to upgrade. smiley

7 Likes

Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by rozayx5(m): 3:48pm On May 23, 2013
jossy01: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin

mods see work
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by ekazulu: 3:52pm On May 23, 2013
Is it not money?? Spend it...even if u buy refurbished and it doesn't last u buy another one, if u cn't afford it hola @ me & i will buy for you....okay! #i got too much money# wink
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by calddon(m): 3:54pm On May 23, 2013
It's all about being fortunate to get a good one. Me before buying I usually check them extensively and ask d dealer for a probation period or u may say warranty period which usually range between 48hours to 72hours
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by rallymento(m): 3:55pm On May 23, 2013
Mine was a BB torch 1 and I am sure I was the 4th person to use it if not more.
From the white man that used it, to the guy that sold it to my sister, then from my sister that used that Phone recklessly, then to poor me that wanted to use a BB.
I spent not less than 10k to put the phone in order.
I had to change the screen flex twice, the case, and plenty other flex.........SHM....#ComputerVillage.
But.. the most Annoying thing was that the phone just served me for 3 months, the 1st 2 months was without any BB subscription, while at the 3rd month I decided to subscribe. just at the end of my subscription, the button for E became so stiff that I had to use so much force on it while PINGING!
To cut the long story short, I woke up one evening after having a sunny day to realize that the screen's resolution was like that of water color, I quickly removed my battery for a hard reset,putting the phone on,it worked fine for 5 mins and turn into water color again, not only that, the screen immediately turned white and went black.
Since that day eh.............. I had to go back to my 1st love, Samsung C5152 Double sim which developed another screen problem last Sunday. Presently I am using a Nokia torch-lite double sim phone!......... grin

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by onatisi(m): 3:56pm On May 23, 2013
the truth is over 60%of phones been used by nigerians are second hand .it all boils down to luck.
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by estyvino(m): 4:05pm On May 23, 2013
9jadelta: how much you buy am?
It goes between 16k to 20k depending on your location. And for the record, you would not be able to access window live Id with your mtn. If you must install app. Use etisalat linesmiley

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by mysticgal(f): 4:07pm On May 23, 2013
Personally i dont like used phone except you dash me winkand i upgrade every year as far as say na camera phone shikena cool
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by onatisi(m): 4:12pm On May 23, 2013
mysticgal: Personally i dont like used phone except you dash me winkand i upgrade every year as far as say na camera phone shikena cool
nigerians sha with their shakara .oga ooooo
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by seunny4lif(m): 4:23pm On May 23, 2013
mysticgal: Personally i dont like used phone except you dash me winkand i upgrade every year as far as say na camera phone shikena cool
shocked :oReally Ooooooooooook cool cool cool coolMe upgrade from Nokia E71 to Nokia 1100....Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help:which Phone Can Shoot HD Quality Pictures Just Like This. / The Infinix Dual Noise Cancellation Earphone / New Oukitel C8 Price And Specifications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.