Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,211 members, 7,807,722 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

ACN Commits Political Suicide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Commits Political Suicide (2847 Views)

Igbo's Total Support For Pdp Is Political Suicide (my Opinion) / Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACN Commits Political Suicide by Nobody: 9:52am On May 16, 2013
I think the response of the ACN to the recent declaration of state of emergency in some northern states is shameful, insensitive and thoughtless. In fact, from all indications and based on reactions from Nigerians, the ACN has committed another political suicide.

The ACN has this reputation of opposing everything the ruling party does but this time they have overshot the runway and shot themselves on the foot. The response of ACN this time has exposed the leaders of the party as desperate powermongers whose only interest is to grab power at all cost. The ACN seems to careless about national security or progress. The only language the ACN understands is politics, politics and politics.

By the way, if the president wanted to play politics with insecurity, the ACN style, he would have used this opportunity to SACK the state governors of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa. A mere pronouncement from the president would have left those state governors JOBLESS by now. That would have been a very big MINUS two for the APC governors. But the president, being sincere as always, did only what was necessary to restore order.

The footsolders of ACN should better call their leaders to order. It is not too late for the ACN to retract their thoughtless press releases and apologize PROFUSELY to NIGERIANS

23 Likes

Re: ACN Commits Political Suicide by Afam4eva(m): 9:55am On May 16, 2013
Re: ACN Commits Political Suicide by slimming: 9:58am On May 16, 2013
sponsored post
Re: ACN Commits Political Suicide by Abagworo(m): 10:08am On May 16, 2013
But seriously why did ACN condemn the Emergency rule? Even the civil society, international powers, the Governors of the affected States and people living there are happy that GEJ has taken the long overdue decision. ACN should learn to commend something good irrespective of party affiliations.

2 Likes

Re: ACN Commits Political Suicide by mike404(m): 10:11am On May 16, 2013
shockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshocked

Abagworo: But seriously why did ACN condemn the Emergency rule? Even the civil society, international powers, the Governors of the affected States and people living there are happy that GEJ has taken the long overdue decision. ACN should learn to commend something good irrespective of party affiliations.
Re: ACN Commits Political Suicide by Nobody: 10:14am On May 16, 2013
Abagworo: But seriously why did ACN condemn the Emergency rule? Even the civil society, international powers, the Governors of the affected States and people living there are happy that GEJ has taken the long overdue decision. ACN should learn to commend something good irrespective of party affiliations.

It is just to say that the so called opposition are nothing but opportunists, who are using every opportunity to campaign against Jonathan.

I hope Nigerians are getting wiser.

slimming: sponsored post

How you take know? all the people that spoke against ACN's stupidity were all "sponsored"!
In fact, i sponsored them all.

Are you okay na?

2 Likes

Re: ACN Commits Political Suicide by Nobody: 10:22am On May 16, 2013
Well....time shall tell.

Their children and family members are in US and UK...but they all want to set Nigeria on fire.

This is not a time for politics but the time for all to fight for the survival of the country.

Dialogue..they said its wrong
Amnesty...they said its for some leaders up North to line their pocket
Now State of Emergency...another round of condemnation.

So exactly what do these leaders proposed should be done to halt this drift into the ultimate abyss that Nigeria seem to be heading into?

We should eschew politics and leave 2015 politics at this point in the nation's life...Nigeria's survival first.

4 Likes

Re: ACN Commits Political Suicide by Nobody: 10:22am On May 16, 2013
Okupe abi na Asari prophecy we dey see so grin
Re: ACN Commits Political Suicide by Nobody: 10:24am On May 16, 2013
Err...I think it's too early to write them off. I won't call it political suicide; it's more of playing the right political card at the wrong time. They have the got the "ace" but they should have kept it till the so-called SoE starts failing(which is definitely going to be the case). The BH issue is a very sensitive issue and most Nigerians are sensitive about it especially when putting into consideration the religious divide in the country and the havoc those blood su.cking vandals have wreaked on the country.

However, everyone who has been closely monitoring the BH crisis knows fully well that those hot spots have been under military occupation for more than a year now and nothing has changed(the only thing that changed is the declaration of SoE by GEJ). BH has continued to grow in leaps and bounds, and I doubt the SoE would change that any time soon. Also, there's no way in hell that half of the total men and women in the Nigeria armed forces(about 40,000) can effectively police, or inflict losses on BH. And 2,000 soldiers is more like a bad joke for cheap politics. The three states are just too freaking big. They're just going there to kill more civilians and exacerbate the whole thing, rather than solve anything, to be honest.

Anyway, I won't write ACN off - they will be vindicated in the next few months.

2 Likes

Re: ACN Commits Political Suicide by Noiseless2: 10:25am On May 16, 2013
Because they and the people they represent have always been the public enemy number one, and will rather commit suicide than to see the right thing said and done.

These bunch of devilish people and their leaders derive joy when evil is thriving in the land without challenge, because that has always been the only way they believe that they can remain relevant in this devilish country.
Re: ACN Commits Political Suicide by Noiseless2: 10:29am On May 16, 2013
Yes! It has always been their game plan to pour more fuel on the burning house as long is it's not yorubaland.
Re: ACN Commits Political Suicide by Nobody: 10:32am On May 16, 2013
Noiseless2: Because they and the people they represent have always been the public enemy number one, and will rather commit suicide than to see the right thing said and done.

These bunch of devilish people and their leaders derive joy when evil is thriving in the land without challenge, because that has always been the only way they believe that they can remain relevant in this devilish country.

Noiseless2: Yes! It has always been their game plan to pour more fuel on the burning house as long is it's not yorubaland.

Guy..please keep shut if all you have do here is to make noise!
Re: ACN Commits Political Suicide by Nobody: 10:33am On May 16, 2013
Viewing this topic: malc619 ( m ), Willy7 ( m ), ilugunboy ( m ), Timehin ( m ), Gbawe and 2 guest(s)

Ah! @Gbawe..,how far na? I no envy your position at this very critical period. Lai Muhammed and Tinubu have pooed as usual. Pls tell them to stop playing politics with everything and to give some room for NATIONAL development. They can start making amends now by retracting their latest thoughtless press releases and apologizing for insulting the sensibilities of Nigerians

8 Likes

Re: ACN Commits Political Suicide by Gboliwe: 10:34am On May 16, 2013
They are not 'opposition' in paper alone. They are meant to oppose everything- good or bad. That wil show they are working.
Re: ACN Commits Political Suicide by Willy7(m): 10:38am On May 16, 2013
I never envisaged that a day like this would come that i'll agree with you (insincerenigerian).You are spot on on this very one.It came as a rude shock to me actually when i read about the ACN's disapproval of the president's long overdue directive.I use to hold d ACN in high esteem,infact i saw them as a lesser evil to pdp,but after this avoidable blunder from them,i cant help but think that they are worse of.When it comes to matters of security and natural disasters,u just dnt play politics with it.Everyone comes together and solve the problem and then go back to their respective camps afterwards.Afterall its supposed to be country first.ACN really misfired this time,and every sincere Nigerian will not support them this time.Btw,what is CPC/APC saying on their own parts,since this is ACN talking?I doubt if Buhari will support the ACN stance.If he eventually does,then Nigeria doesnt have an opposition to PDP yet.

4 Likes

Re: ACN Commits Political Suicide by edogirl2: 10:41am On May 16, 2013
It was a hasty and poorly-judged intervention by Mr Lai Mohammed. Nothing more than that and I hope they learn to be cleverer.

I personally support the Emergency orders, but ACN are entitled to their own conviction on the matter. But, whatever that conviction is, in public at least, they ought to have edged their bets by lending muted support, while at the same time urging caution particularly in the treatment of innocent locals.

Saying they should apologise to the nation is utter nonsense.

Finally, why are the merging parties not coordinating their responses on urgent and critical matters such as these. So, nobody from ACN or CPC thought it necessary to contact the other to say look - what's you guys take on this and should we agree on a common response. It's all so amateurish. Like much else in the country.

2 Likes

Re: ACN Commits Political Suicide by Nobody: 10:46am On May 16, 2013
shymexx: Err...I think it's too early to write them off. I won't call it political suicide; it's more of playing the right political card at the wrong time. They have the got the "ace" but they should have kept it till the so-called SoE starts failing(which is definitely going to be the case). The BH issue is a very sensitive issue and most Nigerians are sensitive about it especially when putting into consideration the religious divide in the country and the havoc those blood su.cking vandals have wreaked on the country.

However, everyone who has been closely monitoring the BH crisis knows fully well that those hot spots have been under military occupation for more than a year now and nothing has changed(the only thing that changed is the declaration of SoE by GEJ). BH has continued to grow in leaps and bounds, and I doubt the SoE would change that any time soon. Also, there's no way in hell that half of the total men and women in the Nigeria armed forces(about 40,000) can effectively police, or inflict losses on BH. And 2,000 soldiers is more like a bad joke for cheap politics. The three states are just too freaking big. They're just going there to kill more civilians and exacerbate the whole thing, rather than solve anything, to be honest.

"They have the got the ace but they should have kept it till the so-called SoE starts failing(which is definitely going to be the case)...Anyway, I won't write ACN off - they will be vindicated in thenext few months"- shymexx

In other words, it is your wish and prayers (and probably that of SOME ACN supporters too) that the SOE fails so the ACN can use the "ace" as ticket to Aso Rock? How does that sound to you? So you'r wishing other Nigerians EVIL or dead so as to further some peoples selfish political ambition? Are the people dying in Borno and other trouble areas as a result of the boko haram crisis not human beings like you and me? Why should you wish them dead so that Tinubu will be in Aso Rock?

What will go wrong if every Nigerian pray and wish the military operation succeed this time and bring PEACE to our country? Smh for some HEARTLESS and EVIL people

5 Likes

Re: ACN Commits Political Suicide by Abagworo(m): 10:50am On May 16, 2013
Willy7: I never envisaged that a day like this would come that i'll agree with you (insincerenigerian).You are spot on on this very one.It came as a rude shock to me actually when i read about the ACN's disapproval of the president's long overdue directive.I use to hold d ACN in high esteem,infact i saw them as a lesser evil to pdp,but after this avoidable blunder from them,i cant help but think that they are worse of.When it comes to matters of security and natural disasters,u just dnt play politics with it.Everyone comes together and solve the problem and then go back to their respective camps afterwards.Afterall its supposed to be country first.ACN really misfired this time,and every sincere Nigerian will not support them this time.Btw,what is CPC/APC saying on their own parts,since this is ACN talking?I doubt if Buhari will support the ACN stance.If he eventually does,then Nigeria doesnt have an opposition to PDP yet.

I'm afraid I have to agree with Sincerenigerian on this one. ACN is now at difference stance with NLC, TUC and the masses. It will do them good to retract the condemnation.
Re: ACN Commits Political Suicide by Nobody: 10:51am On May 16, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
In other words, it is your wish and prayers (and probably that of SOME ACN supporters too) that the SOE fails so the ACN can use the "ace" as ticket to Aso Rock? How does that sound to you? So you'r wishing other Nigerians EVIL or dead so as to further some peoples selfish political ambition? Are the people dying in Borno and other trouble areas as a result of the boko haram crisis not human beings like you and me? Why should you wish them dead so that Tinubu will be in Aso Rock?

What will go wrong if every Nigerian pray and wish the military operation succeed this time and bring PEACE to our country? Smh for some HEARTLESS and EVIL people

Listen, mate - I don't have time for stupid politics. I'm a realist. I reiterate, there's no way in hell SoE and the 2,000 troops you lot sent over there can defeat those blood su.cking vandals. The total size of the three states combined is about 150,000km².

GEJ is just playing politics with the peace and unity of the country. The country is going to go up in flames soon - quote me!

1 Like

Re: ACN Commits Political Suicide by Afam4eva(m): 11:08am On May 16, 2013
ACN, Tinubu or APC should keep quiet. They've been calling Jonathan a coward since he entered office for his inability to tackle the security problems in NIgeria especially the north and now that he's taking the bull by the horn, instead receiving commendations from the opposition, they're antagonizing this much awaited action. It shows that these people don't have the interest of the country at heart and are only self-serving politicians who want to seize power at all cost.

2 Likes

Re: ACN Commits Political Suicide by Nobody: 11:17am On May 16, 2013
shymexx:

Listen, mate - I don't have time for stupid politics. I'm a realist. I reiterate, there's no way in hell SoE and the 2,000 troops you lot sent over there can defeat those blood su.cking vandals. The total size of the three states combined is about 150,000km².

GEJ is just playing politics with the peace and unity of the country. The country is going to go up in flames soon - quote me!

After all your "factual grammar", you failed to outline 1 single alternative way of dealing with the crisis. I bet with people like you, GEJ is damned if he asserts himself and equally damned of he doesn't...shame angry

5 Likes

Re: ACN Commits Political Suicide by Abagworo(m): 11:20am On May 16, 2013
ilugunboy:
Dialogue..they said its wrong
Amnesty...they said its for some leaders up North to line their pocket
Now State of Emergency...another round of condemnation.

So exactly what do these leaders proposed should be done to halt this drift into the ultimate abyss that Nigeria seem to be heading into?

Re: ACN Commits Political Suicide by Nobody: 11:26am On May 16, 2013
DJTee:

After all your "factual grammar", you failed to outline 1 single alternative way of dealing with the crisis. I bet with people like you, GEJ is damned if he asserts himself and equally damned of he doesn't...shame angry

Don't chat shhit - stick to your disc jockey! Oops, I forgot most Nigerians aren't the smartest tool in the box and it's all about monkey see, monkey do with you lot.

Perhaps, if you've been following my posts since the SoE was declared, you would have seen all the solutions that I proffered. And I also cited how the Algerian intelligence was able to defeat AQIM. That ought to be blueprint for Nigeria - since both have similar backgrounds and their tactics are somewhat similar as well.
Re: ACN Commits Political Suicide by Nobody: 11:34am On May 16, 2013
slimming: sponsored post
Exactly! later Sincere9gerian will be claiming to be objective,whereas mere reading the Title of the Post shows it for what it is;Propaganda.

1 Like

Re: ACN Commits Political Suicide by gramci: 11:37am On May 16, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Viewing this topic: malc619 ( m ), Willy7 ( m ), ilugunboy ( m ), Timehin ( m ), Gbawe and 2 guest(s)

Ah! @Gbawe..,how far na? I no envy your position at this very critical period. Lai Muhammed and Tinubu have pooed as usual. Pls tell them to stop playing politics with everything and to give some room for NATIONAL development. They can start making amends now by retracting their latest thoughtless press releases and apologizing for insulting the sensibilities of Nigerians

They are very predictable, like auto-run
Re: ACN Commits Political Suicide by lacasa: 11:48am On May 16, 2013
State of emergency never solved the plateau crisis, OBJ tried it n it failed.

GEJ is playing politics wt nigerian lives, if Not, yy adamawa? Nassarawa, plateau, benue n Bayelsa shld αve bn the front states for SoE b4 any adamawa state shld be considered.

Adamawa is under SoE cos the Nyako faction is at war wt Bamanga faction towards 2015 election within d PdP. Nyako is simply getting the Amaechi Treatment wt this Emergency declaration.

Nations all. Over the world dnt fight terrorism or insurgencies wt SoE n 1trillion Naira budgets, intelligence gathering n pre-emptive strikes is wat wins d war against terror.

The USA didn't mount a single street roadblock nor did it send tanks n jets to Apprehend the boston bombers, it used tactical intelligence units to find n fish them out within 2days n it succeeded.

But in Nigeria, GEJ has changed the story of bokoharam ​ so​ much, it now comes in series. From ghosts, to - they r in my govt, to - its the opppositon, to - amnesty, to - Baga massacre of civilians, and now, state of emergency. One must ask, where r the thousands of bokoharam suspects/commanders that were said to be arrested?.

Where r the PDP senators Ali ndume/ senators Zanna/ Abu Qaqa/ n security officers found to be aiding violence n terror in the land??. Or are they his siblings he once told us about

#.. Sate of emergency will not bring about the end to this embbroglio, infact if care is not taken we r instore for multiple "Baga massacres" in this areas.(God forbid). i just feel for the inhabitnts of this areas who will inevitably lose more than they bargained for in life.

ACN r only stating the obvious, GEJ n the heads of security outfits dnt want this crisis to end, cos they r feeding fat from this escapades, n cos it plays superbly into GEJ's ambition towards 2015 re-election plans.

#.. And sadly, nigerian lives being taken at will, is the cheap price they r more than willing to pay/sacrifice.

God help us

3 Likes

Re: ACN Commits Political Suicide by ba7man(m): 11:59am On May 16, 2013
I'm an ACN supporter but I'm kinda baffled at anyone opposing this "State of Emergency" declared in those Boko Haram enclave states. GEJ declaring it is a positive step but how he's going about it by leaving the Governors in power and inadequate troops doesn't inspire confidence in the whole process. I hope it gets better.
Re: ACN Commits Political Suicide by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 16, 2013
shymexx: Err...I think it's too early to write them off. I won't call it political suicide; it's more of playing the right political card at the wrong time. They have the got the "ace" but they should have kept it till the so-called SoE starts failing(which is definitely going to be the case). The BH issue is a very sensitive issue and most Nigerians are sensitive about it especially when putting into consideration the religious divide in the country and the havoc those blood su.cking vandals have wreaked on the country.

Stop your story telling. Can you proffers solutions to this crisis aside long epistles from you, Lai, Tinubu and other ACN bigots We know you all want Gej to fail cos of politics but what baffles me is aint you people concerned about those innocent people being killed daily
Re: ACN Commits Political Suicide by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 16, 2013
ba7man: I'm an ACN supporter but I'm kinda baffled at anyone opposing this "State of Emergency" declared in those Boko Haram enclave states. GEJ declaring it is a positive step but how he's going about it by leaving the Governors in power and inadequate troops doesn't inspire confidence in the whole process. I hope it gets better.

Ultimately..it's a mix of common sense, politics and compromise. Am sure the military hawks must have suggested a full control of the SOE with Milads...but the politicians too will have outlined the backlash from some Nigerians such course of action can lead too....at the end of the day, they would have agreed on the present compromise that produced the contraption now in place. ( with close eyes on 2015 politics playing a significant part)

Our prayers here is that since the govt have now gone for the broke...this will break the deadlock.

1 Like

Re: ACN Commits Political Suicide by slimghost(m): 12:12pm On May 16, 2013
Noiseless2: Yes! It has always been their game plan to pour more fuel on the burning house as long is it's not yorubaland.

This is not time for this. Many Yorubas i know support the SOE. Cut'em some slack.
Re: ACN Commits Political Suicide by Tigerhead: 12:15pm On May 16, 2013
Timehin:

Stop your story telling. Can you proffers solutions to this crisis aside long epistles from you, Lai, Tinubu and other ACN bigots We know you all want Gej to fail cos of politics but what baffles me is aint you people concerned about those innocent people being killed daily

This is the thing most people have not till now realized. ACN does not care about anybody. They are so heartless.
Re: ACN Commits Political Suicide by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 16, 2013
Lots of sensible yoruobas support the state of emergency is only the deluded and drunkards who goes about talking trash about it. One this is sure that the ACN condemnation of the SOE will be used against them in 2015

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Begins Counter Operation Against All G7 Governors! / Picture Of MKO Abiola Arrest / Seems Jonathan Is Wearing A Bullet Proof Under His Agbada To Borno. SEE PIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.