Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Get A Phone Number, Given The Imei Number: How Possible? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Get A Phone Number, Given The Imei Number: How Possible? (30816 Views)

How To Change The Imei Number Of A Lumia Phone / Pls How Can I Change The IMEI Number Of My Huawai Modem Want To Use Glo Bis / How Can I Destroy A Stolen Phone Using Its Imei Number? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Get A Phone Number, Given The Imei Number: How Possible? by npang(m): 7:38pm On Apr 22, 2008
Hi Guys please i would like to know if it is possible to get the phone number a person is using if the IMEI number of the phone, and the network operator is known.
While i was asking customer care for my gprs and mms settings for MTN, before i could say the model of the phone i'm using, they could tell. My guess is that they knew it from the IMEI number since it uniquely identifies any mobile device on a network. Does any one know how this is achieved or if it is possible.
Thanks.
Re: Get A Phone Number, Given The Imei Number: How Possible? by Bossman(m): 8:11pm On Apr 22, 2008
Yes, the IMEI identifies the mobile device. However, the phone number is tied to the sim card. So, no, you cannot determine the phone number from the IMEI # and network operator. Obviously, if a call is placed the caller ID (even if blocked) and IMEI # is transmitted.
Re: Get A Phone Number, Given The Imei Number: How Possible? by hayprof(m): 10:47pm On Apr 22, 2008
Mtn is the Sole Owner of the simcard u Have. . so, they can do nd Undo**

It's their Property, don;t be surprised to here 'em tell you What your Current Location is . . tongue
Re: Get A Phone Number, Given The Imei Number: How Possible? by bluehorizo(m): 10:52pm On Apr 22, 2008
Prof,how far now? What about my request for Advance Learner Dico and KJV bible? You done forget me be dat? Pass me not O gentle hayprof,hear my humble cry!
Re: Get A Phone Number, Given The Imei Number: How Possible? by hayprof(m): 11:28pm On Apr 22, 2008
Can u redirect me to where u made ur Request. . ?
Re: Get A Phone Number, Given The Imei Number: How Possible? by hansibone(m): 12:07pm On Apr 23, 2008
hayprof:

Mtn is the Sole Owner of the simcard u Have. . so, they can do nd Undo**

It's their Property, don;t be surprised to here 'em tell you What your Current Location is . . tongue

well prof, i want to quote u wrong dere, u see the GSM technology is just like d GPS tin, ur cell phone communicates wit the world by broadcasting some of its information 2 anybody who need it. for example, ur location and the type of phone u are usin, even ur IMEI numba.

check dis out, how does a site know the kind of phone ure using to browse?under ur mobile phone browser settings, dere is a setting like dont SERIAL NO. sending.

so check it out, even sombody wit enough and the right equipment can track u down anywhere.

(FBI TRACKIN)
Re: Get A Phone Number, Given The Imei Number: How Possible? by hayprof(m): 12:39pm On Apr 23, 2008
You can't quote my post to be Wrong, your is just a Similar instance to what I have stated . .

** The Equipments!!** tongue angry
Re: Get A Phone Number, Given The Imei Number: How Possible? by hansibone(m): 4:48pm On Apr 23, 2008
hayprof:

You can't quote my post to be Wrong, your is just a Similar instance to what I have stated . .

** The Equipments!!** tongue angry

aight MISQUOTE PROF is right, are u hapi nw grin
Re: Get A Phone Number, Given The Imei Number: How Possible? by hayprof(m): 10:19am On Apr 24, 2008
So long You understood the drill grin
Re: Get A Phone Number, Given The Imei Number: How Possible? by hansibone(m): 2:10pm On Apr 25, 2008
@prof

WAT DRILL hehehehehehe, was not online truout yesterday, had loads and loads of stuff 2 do,
Re: Get A Phone Number, Given The Imei Number: How Possible? by NegroNtns(m): 5:14am On Jun 03, 2008
Hi Guys please i would like to know if it is possible to get the phone number a person is using if the IMEI number of the phone, and the network operator is known.
While i was asking customer care for my gprs and mms settings for MTN, before i could say the model of the phone i'm using, they could tell. My guess is that they knew it from the IMEI number since it uniquely identifies any mobile device on a network. Does any one know how this is achieved or if it is possible.
Thanks.

Two things,

Is it possible to tell my phone number merely by knowing my IMEI and carrier ID?
Yes it is possible and no it is not. This is a trick question. I said no because IMEI - International Mobile Equipment Identifier - is a phone identifier code, it is independent of the phone subscriber. I said yes because when you make a phone call with that phone then you leave a footprint in the switch that ties various things together

the phone you called from; the phone you called to; your location; the location of the other person; your phone number; the phone number of the other person; the time the call began; the time the call ended, and if it is text, mms or email, then the content of the message is also tracked.

What gives your identity away is truly your sim card. It is easy to catch a criminal that is using a sim based technology phone. Very very easy, you no even need a detective for that. To catch a criminal using a analog legacy phone you need all kind of gadgets and signal readers and pray that there are no frequency inteference around to shield him from your detection.
Re: Get A Phone Number, Given The Imei Number: How Possible? by dragnet: 5:35am On Jun 03, 2008
thank GOD I watch detectives cheesy
Re: Get A Phone Number, Given The Imei Number: How Possible? by NegroNtns(m): 5:43am On Jun 03, 2008
Drag, give me email make i send you this thing before I go out, I dey leave shortly hit road.
Re: Get A Phone Number, Given The Imei Number: How Possible? by hansibone(m): 6:08am On Jun 03, 2008
Taaaaa early in d mornin una don enta d LAND,gosh!

People gudmornin oh

@drag
wats up bro,im in lagos n im on my way 2 work.C ya l8a in d day
Re: Get A Phone Number, Given The Imei Number: How Possible? by dragnet: 6:40am On Jun 03, 2008
hansi, m0rning bru, no rush jo! brt dey dere grin
Re: Get A Phone Number, Given The Imei Number: How Possible? by hansibone(m): 6:54am On Jun 03, 2008
@drag
omo boi,if i no rush,i no go meet up wit my 7.45 deadline.I stay in ogba n i work in d inland,c stress
Re: Get A Phone Number, Given The Imei Number: How Possible? by abdallah9566(m): 6:09am On Oct 09, 2014
please i need tecno r7 imei code or phantom z, please can anyone 1 help me wit it ?

(1) (Reply)

9 Ways You Are Accidentally Damaging Your Smart Phone / The Evolution Of Blackberry Pictured In One Image. / Infinix Announce The Hot 12i: Price And Specifications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.