Stats: 3,150,213 members, 7,807,729 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? (24767 Views)

Where Can One Buy A High Performance Oil Filter / . / What Is The Difference Between Premium Wheels And Alloy Wheels (2) (3) (4)

Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by TouaregV8(m): 5:28am On Jun 07, 2008
My phone is switched on all the time, 24/7
Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by nkc(m): 5:33am On Jun 07, 2008
The Mtn Yu Put Up Is Off
Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by TouaregV8(m): 5:41am On Jun 07, 2008
what is your number and i'll flash you,
Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by fotodaddy: 7:04am On Jun 07, 2008
Ahha V8, you don pass to dey flash persin o!!! smiley smiley
Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by nkc(m): 7:05am On Jun 07, 2008
Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by nkc(m): 8:56pm On Jun 19, 2008
tureg

u there, how do i get d stuff in abuja, and how much
Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by fotodaddy: 9:49pm On Jun 19, 2008
this boy, why you dey disturb V8!!

You dey stubborn oo!!! wink
Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by nkc(m): 9:53pm On Jun 19, 2008
lol, just spoke with him, 3k for a bottle, i have to call my lawyer and accountant, and know if they approve
Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by fotodaddy: 9:56pm On Jun 19, 2008
Are there particles of gold in it undecided undecided
Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by nkc(m): 9:58pm On Jun 19, 2008

i researched his claims, on a site dat tested 10 different boosters, funny enuf, nulon was d winner, and d test was carried out in 2005 and d Bootle then was 20 Dollars. tot it would be down now, but since it aint, my accountant may not accept
Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by nkc(m): 10:25pm On Jun 19, 2008
@sienna

pls is STP Octane Booster any good?

seems dats d only booster i see in abuja

i guess it contains MMT, hrd MMT damages catalysts
Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by TouaregV8(m): 11:23pm On Jun 19, 2008
Good evening gents,

As nkc correctly noted, independent tests have confirmed that Nulon PSO is the best.  Not only can it boost octane by 70 points (7 numbers) it:

Stops engine pinging (detonation);

Increases performance and acceleration;

Protects valves and valve seats from wear;

Prevents engine damage caused by detonation;

Safe for catalytic converters and engine sensors.

By the way the STP octane booster can only increase octane by up to 0.5 points - very ineffective for Nigerian petrol

I would be interested to know what vehicles you fine gents drive and wheather you have experienced the 'malfunction indicator llight' (MIL) appearing on your vehicle's instrument panel.
Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by LeMoor(m): 12:00am On Jun 20, 2008
Like fotodaddy said, unless you are a race car driver, putting unleaded fuel in an engine recommended for premium, will result in a 10-15% loss in power. E.g if your car is rated at 290bhp for premium fuel, then with regular it will be out putting 246bhp. Will this damage ur engine? No, especially if your car has a regular engine that isnt tuned for sports or high performance, but ur mpg will be affected and the car wont do so good on fuel consumption. (And this was confirmed to me by engineers at Nissan Plant when i asked the same question). Boosters are good, but most of them are like cancer drugs, not really tested, but all make claims to glory. and even when they do work, the improvement is marginal.

If your owner's manual calls for premium fuel, follow the recomendation. Usually this will be specified by manufacturers of high compression, high performance engines. If lower octane rating fuel were used in these engines, performance would suffer because the engine's computer system would have to retard the ignition timing (reducing horsepower and fuel economy) to keep the engine from knocking. But most cars run fine on regular fuel aand unless otherwise stated by the manufacturer, premiums and boosters are not needed.

Anyones best bet will be to stick to buying the recommended octane rating to get the best out of ur engine. if not over time engine perfomance will be degraded
Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by fotodaddy: 6:08am On Jun 20, 2008
Tolded them cheesy cheesy
Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by nkc(m): 6:14am On Jun 20, 2008

i need to build a filling station cool
Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by TouaregV8(m): 6:45am On Jun 20, 2008
nkc just to remind you - your Passat has a high compression ratio and also requires premium unleaded fuel (minimum RON 95). 

Half a bottle of PSO will treat your 62 litre  fuel tank very effetively.  In effect, a full bottle (500 ml) of PSO will treat your car twice.

I would also be interested to find out what fuel problems you and your vehicles have been facing in Nigeria.

Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by nkc(m): 6:47am On Jun 20, 2008
i reiterate my car has no PROBLEMS, just doing some research grin grin grin
Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by TouaregV8(m): 9:30am On Jun 20, 2008
Enjoy your research and your trouble-free fuel problems.
Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by nkc(m): 9:31am On Jun 20, 2008
Thanks grin grin grin
Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by idris9090(m): 9:34am On Jun 20, 2008
Good to now a little more about th e kind of fuel we have here in Nigeria, i'v always kinda wondered. Thanks Touareg V8 for clarifying.How often  do i have to use the Octane Booster.
Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by TouaregV8(m): 9:52am On Jun 20, 2008
Good Morning Idris,

Nulon PSO should be used every time you fill up your tank.  The amount you'll need (per full tank of petrol) will depend on the capacity of your petrol tank and the octane of your base fuel.  As we have established, Nigeria operates a single specification of RON 90, so that aspect is clear and clarified.

What vehicle(s) do you have, their year of manufacture and do you know their fuel tank capacity?

The appropriate use of any fuel additives as well as proper vehicle maintenance is very crucial. Achieve this and you should enjoy your vehicle(s) the way they should be enjoyed.

Vehicles are more than a piece of metal that gets you from A to B.

Pleasure talking to you.
Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by waoosa(m): 11:35am On Jun 20, 2008
Toureg ,
I drive 2002 honda CRV. I have not even checked the Manufacturer suggetted fuel I should use but I guess it should be unleaded. My tank is 58litres and engine is 2.4litre.

Is this useful for me? Anyway I called your line about 11am today. ur brother picked the phone.
Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by TouaregV8(m): 12:18pm On Jun 20, 2008
Hello Waoosa,

I hope my brother dealt with your call to your satisfaction. Half a bottle of Nulon PSO will treat your full fuel tank. In effect, a single bottle can be used for two treatments.

Thank you for your enquiry.
Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by Tats(m): 1:24am On Jun 22, 2008
After reading all the above, now I appreciate being able to enter BP and buy ultimate unleaded 97 RON  grin. Though the minimum for my car is 95 RON, but i want it in top shape!
Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by nkc(m): 6:47am On Jun 22, 2008
@tats

i no blame u grin grin grin
Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by TouaregV8(m): 4:51pm On Jun 22, 2008
Tats, when were you last in Nigeria?
Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by Tats(m): 6:54pm On Jun 22, 2008
Touareg V8:

Tats, when were you last in Nigeria?

I was there in March.
Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by TouaregV8(m): 8:05pm On Jun 22, 2008
How did you cope with the lack of high octane petrol?
Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by Tats(m): 10:25pm On Jun 22, 2008
Touareg V8:

How did you cope with the lack of high octane petrol?

I didn't drive while I was there. Trip was very brief and I used Taxis to get to my destinations.
Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by fotodaddy: 11:56pm On Jun 22, 2008
I just bought a can of paint thinner!!!!

70% Toluene, 30% xylene!!! These just happen to be the active ingredients in octane booster!!! shocked shocked shocked

For a cost of 1.2K I have enough "OCTANE BOOSTER " to last me a year!!!!! grin grin grin

Good luck to all you other guys!!! wink wink wink

Performance Interesting!!! cool
Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by Tats(m): 1:08am On Jun 23, 2008
fotodaddy:

I just bought a can of paint thinner!!!!

70% Toluene, 30% xylene!!! These just happen to be the active ingredients in octane booster!!! shocked shocked shocked

For a cost of 1.2K I have enough "OCTANE BOOSTER " to last me a year!!!!! grin grin grin

Good luck to all you other guys!!! wink wink wink

Performance Interesting!!! cool

There you are! You just got yourself fuel thinner! Enjoy your ride grin grin
Re: Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? by TouaregV8(m): 6:06am On Jun 23, 2008
fotodaddy, I hope you are not suggesting that our brothers and sisters use paint thinners in their vehicles shocked angry sad embarassed

Bus Driver Uses Screw Driver As Car Key In Lagos (Photos) / People Push An Overloaded Car With 25 People In Kano (Pictured) / He Wants Advice On Buying His First Car.