Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (1828 Views)

Husband Catches His Wife Sleeping With Another Woman In Lagos / My Wife Pushed Me Into Another Woman's Arms / Help: I'm Married But In Love With Another Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 16, 2013
It's the most intimate maternal act. Yet
growing numbers of mothers are delegating it
to friends - and even strangers
At first glance, the scene appears to encapsulate the precious bond between mother and newborn. As four-week-old Esme starts grizzling, Cat Homer instinctively unbuttons her top and tenderly puts the tiny baby to her breast. After Esme has finished her feed, sated with milk, she dozes off in the woman’s arms. But soon it’s time to go back to Mummy, who has been looking
on with pride. Because Cat is not Esme’s mother. That role belongs to Natasha Batsford, who has just watched her newborn being breastfed by another woman.
It’s a scene some will find unnatural. After all,
there are few activities more intimate than
breastfeeding your child and many mothers feel this time together is the most cherished of all. But Natasha is one of an increasing number who turn to other women to provide their babies with breast milk Informal arrangements like Cat and Natasha’s are
on the rise in the UK as the breast-is-best lobby exerts increasing pressure on mums to eschew formula milk, while the NHS promotes as ‘ideal’ the ambitious - and seldom realised - target that all new mums should breastfeed for the first six
months.

Re: . by Ijiego: 6:15pm On May 16, 2013
Not when i'm alive hail and hearty.
Re: . by Blendy77(f): 6:33pm On May 16, 2013
NO in capital letters.
Re: . by tobechi74: 7:03pm On May 16, 2013
if we give our children cow milkk, whats wrong with a fellow human being milk
Re: . by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 16, 2013
There r children that didn't breast feed and they r ok
On d other hand if d person is part of the family and healthy,why not. I've seen a mother that did that for her daughter that died in childbirth. Another did it for her imbe daughter and many others.
Afterall a mother carried pregnancy for her daughter,gave birth and handed them d baby
Re: . by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 16, 2013
No way would another woman breastfeed my baby.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 16, 2013
No Bloody Way!..... angry
Re: . by taryour(f): 10:21pm On May 16, 2013
spongeback: It's the most intimate maternal act. Yet
growing numbers of mothers are delegating it
to friends - and even strangers
At first glance, the scene appears to encapsulate the precious bond between mother and newborn. As four-week-old Esme starts grizzling, Cat Homer instinctively unbuttons her top and tenderly puts the tiny baby to her breast. After Esme has finished her feed, sated with milk, she dozes off in the woman’s arms. But soon it’s time to go back to Mummy, who has been looking
on with pride. Because Cat is not Esme’s mother. That role belongs to Natasha Batsford, who has just watched her newborn being breastfed by another woman.
It’s a scene some will find unnatural. After all,
there are few activities more intimate than
breastfeeding your child and many mothers feel this time together is the most cherished of all. But Natasha is one of an increasing number who turn to other women to provide their babies with breast milk Informal arrangements like Cat and Natasha’s are
on the rise in the UK as the breast-is-best lobby exerts increasing pressure on mums to eschew formula milk, while the NHS promotes as ‘ideal’ the ambitious - and seldom realised - target that all new mums should breastfeed for the first six
months.

For what now Do I want to go and sell the milk in my own breast

And the real mother was watching with a smile on her face? Really I don't get it,does she have issues with her breast ni or she has none at all or the breast isn't producing milk Cause am really confused here o, even if she has issues with her breast,abeg then why is there fomular
Re: . by smartmom(f): 10:27pm On May 16, 2013
Unless for medical reasons which renders the mother ineffective to breastfeed her baby, no mother should delegate that precious bonding process to another woman. It is such a special precious time. One of the greatest joys of mothering for me.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 16, 2013
taryour:

For what now Do I want to go and sell the milk in my own breast

And the real mother was watching with a smile on her face? Really I don't get it,does she have issues with her breast ni or she has none at all or the breast isn't producing milk Cause am really confused here o, even if she has issues with her breast,abeg then why is there fomular
She did have an issue, she wasn't producing milk because of an illness she had.
Re: . by baby124: 11:16pm On May 16, 2013
As long as the woman is healthy, yes. Some women who produce too much milk donate breast milk to feed abandoned babies and those in motherless baby homes. Some "rich" women use healthy wet nurses, rather than bother with breast feeding. SMH. God forbid, if i am not capable of breast feeding my child, i wouldnt mind a healthy mother donating some milk. As long as my baby is not on her t*its though. grin. As a society we have developed alternative to breasts, FEEDING BOTTLES. Will i accept healthy milk in a feeding bottle if i cant do it? yes. grin
Re: . by Nobody: 1:23am On May 17, 2013
grin grin ^^ Absolutely nothing do you jare....We have breast milk banks.

For example; New moms are encouraged to express milk (in drop in bags) to establish flow before discharge from hospital. Mine was in intensive care for few days, so she was tube fed b.milk.... I expressed more than enough that had to donate almost 10bags on my departure.
( I have fresh warm milk so why settle for frozen milk? One man's meat is another's poison I guess)

So yes for health reasons or mom's dismissal after birth ( death/criminal) , it's very possible. Babies are chop clean mouth grin as long as they don't latch on stranger's b lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 2:10am On May 17, 2013
No! No! No! No! angry

1 Like

Re: . by greatgod2012(f): 4:50am On May 17, 2013
Im not being tribalistic here, i really want to say/type what i saw with my two eyes korokoro.

Some people are doing it right here in our obodo Nigeria here.
One of my mum's tenants, a calabar woman, did it for all her children, she sells stuff at the market, and when shes going to the market or elsewhere, she always leave her baby at home and she would instruct the elderly children to take the baby to one iya Akpan, at another time, it may be iya Florence for bosom feeding when the baby cries, and some of those women also bring their babies to her, if shes also breastfeeast at that time to help them bosomfeed their babies when they aint around........, so they all do it for one another. At a point, i approached the woman, i mean that our tenant to ask her why they do such thing, i tried to educate her, that, such a practise is not healthy for the child involved, she disagreed with me, that, nothing is wrong with it, that, there is no difference in every woman's bosom milk, she said, bosom milk is bosom milk, regardless of whoever gives it. She said that is their own way of accepting that they love one another and that they see themselves as one family in their own tribe. She even jokingly attacked me, that, this is better than giving our kids cow milk, which is why our (we yorubas and some other elites)children behaves like cow.

Well, well, well, that was her opinion, i have never done it and i will never, i will suggest formular feeding if anything goes wrong with the mother.
One thing those who do it doesnt consider is.......what if the other woman is having an underlying disease, hhhhhmmmm,well, to each her own.
May God help us all.

(1) (Reply)

Family And Careers- Break Or Make / Why Are Husbands Aggressive To Their Wives When They Are Financially Unstable? / 5 Ways You Remind Him You Are The Best Choice He Ever Made

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.