Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,326 members, 7,780,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:02 PM

Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji (2198 Views)

Linda Ikeji N240M Allegation - Femi Kayode Reacts / Linda Ikeji, Buhari, Dangote And Others Make New Africa Magazine List / I Never Slept With Any Man For Money - Linda Ikeji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by macjive01: 11:50pm On May 16, 2013
Oluwaseun Osewa, do you realize plagiarism is a crime ?

Day-in day-out, you move to your FRONT PAGE every single story on LINDA IKEJI (www.lindaikeji..co.uk) have you no shame ?

could you imagine a person setting up a website called naijaland, and simply daily copying every single thread on your FRONT page to his FRONT Page, how would you feel ?

and don't claim ignorance on this, cause this is a well orchestrated devious scheme, has been on-going since the 15th of February i started taking stock.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by ChimaAdeoye: 11:53pm On May 16, 2013
macjive01: Oluwaseun Osewa, do you realize plagiarism is a crime ?

Day-in day-out, you move to your FRONT PAGE every single story on LINDA IKEJI, have you no shame ?

could you imagine a person setting up a website called naijaland, and simply daily copying every single thread on your FRONT page to his FRONT Page, how would you feel ?

Yes Nairaland no get shame. But how you manage know? are you on both sides at the same time?Linda Ikeji should have political section to discuss Nigeria,not just gossip section to discuss boring Nollywood stars. The lack of real blogging on burning national issues on Linda Ikeji site make Nairaland an undisputed king of Naija blogging

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 11:55pm On May 16, 2013
I believe its not plagiarism if its credit back to her blog....why are you crying for Linda Ikeji?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by aminho(m): 12:00am On May 17, 2013
That's y nairaland is ahead and also called a forum
Re: Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by Afam4eva(m): 12:01am On May 17, 2013

Day-in day-out, you move to your FRONT PAGE every single story on LINDA IKEJI, have you no shame ?

and don't claim ignorance on this, cause this is a well orchestrated devious scheme, has been on-going since the 15th of February i started taking stock.

As long as LindaIkeji is given the credit, it can't be termed plagrarism.
Re: Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by macjive01: 12:11am On May 17, 2013
Afam4eva:
As long as LindaIkeji is given the credit, it can't be termed plagrarism.

Linda is simply a blogger who blogs stories from established media sources,

she gives credit to the source.

in Turn, OLUWASEUN OSEWA simply copies Linda Ikeji's story with the credit join. such that it appears he is getting the story from same source as Linda.

However nothing can explain the daily mirroring of Linda ikeji's stories to OLUWASEUN OSEWA's nairaland FRONT PAGE

IT'S OUTRIGHT DEVIOUS PLAGIARISM
Re: Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by Ganys: 12:12am On May 17, 2013
So, Na only Linda Follower sabi read News, Abeg, Park well jooor. Plagiarism ko, Pluralism ni....

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 12:29am On May 17, 2013

Drinking paracetamol for Linda Ikeji's menstrual cramps
Tua!!

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 12:30am On May 17, 2013
babyosisi:

Tua!!

Ewww! That's nasty grin
Re: Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by gramci: 12:33am On May 17, 2013
Linda errand boy, tell her se we don hear

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by KokoBeware: 12:47am On May 17, 2013
Re: Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by macjive01: 12:56am On May 17, 2013
babyosisi:

Tua!!

what is most annoying about this ,is the perpetuator - OLUWASEUN OSEWA

He is meant to be in the crop of new Nigerians with University education, wide global outlook, paragon of integrity, and love for country.

With such blatant, conspicuous, glaring Disregard of proprietor right, how can any learned man have respect for him.

[size=18pt]xerox
[/size]
Re: Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 1:15am On May 17, 2013
macjive01:

He is meant to be in the crop of new Nigerians with University education, wide global outlook, paragon of integrity, and love for country.

With such blatant, conspicuous, glaring Disregard of proprietor right, how can any learned man have respect for him.

[size=18pt]xerox
[/size]

The only annoying thing here is you and your silly post.You are not a plagiarist if you acknowledged your source of information either obtained directly or indirectly.If you have a proof to back up your claim,then tender it while we sort it out.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by BlackPikiN(m): 2:40am On May 17, 2013
Seun is not responsible for it, I think the super mode is. Every news on Linda Ikeji's blog make the front page on Nairaland.

Na wetin me notice.
Re: Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 2:55am On May 17, 2013
macjive01:

[size=18pt]xerox
[/size]

but why are you this daft? instead of blaming Seun, blame the other bloggers who blog off Linda's news without acknowledging her. How is Seun even supposed to sift the plagiarizers from the non plagiarizers? Son, take your head far out of Linda's äss and put your brain to good use.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by Truckpusher(m): 3:12am On May 17, 2013
Lmao@ Take your head far out of Linda's äss and put your brain to good use grin grin
Re: Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 3:13am On May 17, 2013
[quote author=Truckpusher][/quote]

That sounds nasty grin
Re: Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by Truckpusher(m): 3:16am On May 17, 2013
CFCfan:

That sounds nasty grin
i haf tire for this girls dem grin
Re: Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by dc555: 3:29am On May 17, 2013
@op, its like the word plagiarize is too much for your level of education. u seem confused!
Re: Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by fuckluv(f): 3:36am On May 17, 2013
Too many over sabi dey kill person o.

Op, take a deep breath and let it out okay. Try it once again.
Alright now. U were saying undecided
Re: Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by Truckpusher(m): 3:46am On May 17, 2013
babyosisi:

Tua!!
Damnit you badt finish grin
Re: Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by wesley80(m): 4:18am On May 17, 2013
Jeez, never knew Seun had his own special breed of "attack dogs" also, see how they are all over the OP for pointing out an issue reasonable folks find sickening.
Truth is the daily duplication of Linda Ikeji's blog by Nairaland is classless, lazy and utterly stupid. I'm not Linda's biggest fan but I respect what She does and so should reasonable folks esp those in some form of competition with her. Her stories - no matter how mundane are deliberately hunted down by the Supermods and yanked to the frontpage and Yes without any form of credit to her - Afam knows this.
Nairaland can and should do better, Seun and Mukina should have some class and respect other folks intellectual properties (no matter how you look at it, thats what it is). Nairaland became what it is by carving a niche for itself and it's not going to be what it can't by duplicating other peoples sites, I go to Linda's site to get some other kind of gist and visit Nairaland to get some other kind also. Smarter folks should now how to exploit their areas of strength and not jump into a bandwagon. Nuff said.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by Rhino5dm: 5:20am On May 17, 2013
Na because Nokia don dey advertise for nairaland na him make these toads dey shout like say dem don pour hot water for their body?
Re: Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by FreeGlobe(f): 5:22am On May 17, 2013
I bet op doesn't know its a great service to the said linda. If you know how the internet works then you will understand It helps her website ranking and she wouldn't complain so far as she is getting a linkback. Its only a damage to nairaland's reputation for duplicating a particular site. so..
Re: Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by ACM10: 6:47am On May 17, 2013
I thought I'm the only one that noticed this. Linda Ikeji is the pacesetter of Naija online journalism. Seun and co are followers. It's a shame that Seun lacks creativity. Keeps following the trend set by Ms Ikeji.
Re: Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by muktarl: 7:08am On May 17, 2013
Who is linda ikeji?
Re: Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by muktarl: 7:23am On May 17, 2013
Who is linda ikeji? The first time am hearing such strange. Is he or she a footballer
Re: Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by Abagworo(m): 7:32am On May 17, 2013
Linda is even lucky some folks have time to look up her blog. Her sister Laila is on Nairaland and opens threads with links to her own blog. You can look up her profile.

https://www.nairaland.com/laila%20ikeji
Re: Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 7:34am On May 17, 2013
Including all the topics on politics, education, family e.t.c? Think before you type

What does LindaIkeji have to offer save for celebrity Gossip? Even when those topics get here, they credit it to her blog site so where is the plagiarism?
Come o, do you know what that word means?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by pomporiking: 7:36am On May 17, 2013
Cos she be blogging queen naaa.I know she writes mostly gossip(sometimes rubbish) but she writes better stuff than the thrash on NL.only very few people post sensible stories on Nl this days
Re: Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 7:55am On May 17, 2013

attention seeker, you didn't notice first and it's not plagiarism.
Re: Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 8:12am On May 17, 2013
As long as the link is there, it ain't plagiarism.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lets Just Admit The Truth About Wole Soyinka / Rivers Assembly’ll Soon Reconvene, I Have The Key –evans Bipi / Pictures Of President Jonathan Watching The U20 Women's Football World Cup Final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.