Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,306 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

The Intern Show (Reality TV) - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Intern Show (Reality TV) (32465 Views)

The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! / Help Afolabi Become The Intern / Bank Phb's "the Intern" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by kazey(m): 12:19pm On Jun 23, 2006
I said [the apprentice]] sucks, and you expect me to be watching it and keeping track? Its as simple as this. The show sends the unrealistic message that there's always a clear winner and loser in business.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Tmoni(m): 1:21pm On Jun 23, 2006
there is aquestion of what to do with the N3,000,000 prize money and honestly,i do not know what to write because the usuals are 1. Further Education----about N1.8m(tuition)RGU so nothing is left

2.Investment in what with 3m

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT AS I WILL SCREEN IN PHC
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by tianshie(m): 3:07pm On Jun 23, 2006
I think the apprentice is very real-life and also entertaining.This nigerian thingy on the other hand is pure WAYO methinks. I considered registering but when I came to the line in the advert that said "GO AND PAY YOUR MONEY' alarm bells rang in my head.I went to the apprentice website and saw where they had stolen the format for their requirements.Needless to say,I became instantly disinterested.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by retro(f): 1:32pm On Jun 25, 2006
It's called The Apprentice in the US and UK.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Consultant(f): 1:45pm On Jul 24, 2006
So has this show started?
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by trinitee: 9:24pm On Jul 30, 2006
hmmm the show was suppose to start running from Friday 14th July 06. So whats up folks. something is fishing dont u think? Voting is supposed to have started. what is going on here? i hope EFCC knows about this. why do people like swindling in this ciuntry. why take advantage of the situation in this country for crying out loud. if u ahve paid for this show be sure u know what u are doing ooo. angry they are quite "funny". if u think otherwise then tell me, when is it starting plsssssssssss
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by trinitee: 9:28pm On Jul 30, 2006
Tianshie i agree with u. Na pure NIGERIAN WAYO OOOO. my people watch out ooo. so many people want to be rich not minding what it costs others.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Consultant(f): 9:34pm On Aug 23, 2006
Well, it looks like this show finally took off. Is anybody watching? I would like to hear people's comments about the show please.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Seun(m): 8:52pm On Aug 29, 2006
Has it really started? Wow, I've been missing. Guess the publicity isn't what it should be.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Enkrate(m): 9:58pm On Aug 30, 2006
i was on the screening, however, i must confess they Were tough on us but its OK, the only disappointing thing was the fact they themselves are not coordinated, imagine them getting in touch with people a night to the day of screening, yet after all they have been postponing the kick off of the show, sometimes such organizer should ensure they themselves are well prepared for such programs, and its also funny just 10 people would be selected, out of? hope my 3k was useful, all the best if it ever starts
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by toyeendee(f): 11:56am On Oct 06, 2006
the internshow is starting of today.the participants are in the business school rite now
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by toyeendee(f): 11:58am On Oct 06, 2006
8 pm fri, sat, sun.on NTA, SILVERBIRDS and AFRICAN MAGIC. smiley
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Consultant(f): 8:02pm On Oct 12, 2006
Did anyone see the show?
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by toyeendee(f): 7:04am On Oct 13, 2006
The interns are undergoing training right now.the real show starts next weekend.watch out and buy sunday THIS DAY.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 13, 2006
Please what is the website?
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Seun(m): 10:16pm On Dec 13, 2006
It's www.internshow.com but is currently misconfigured.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by badesemowo(m): 10:54pm On Jan 05, 2007
well I just saw the intern on silverbird tonight . 9pm - 10pm on Friday. should be on saturday and sunday too.
It actually seemed interesting. Showing the 10 interns and all, when they were told they made it thru the screening,

also the website is still not updated yet,
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by raphy(m): 12:35am On Jan 07, 2007
at last the naija version of "the apprentice" is on the screens. So far, the pre-show scripting has been straight out of that Trump stuff. here's hoping the showmakers will get more innovative and make the show relevant to our peculiar realities, no pun intended.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by bioye(m): 12:25pm On Jan 07, 2007
I saw the show too on Friday immediately after Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.  I'm really loving it.  Too bad the show was so so delayed and the website is somewhat abandoned.

Well, it provides us an opportunity to make this thread a makeshift update link.  So who can help with the info of the 10 interns?

http://www.tribune.com.ng/05012007/enter.html

Excerpt:
The Intern show comes up every Friday, Saturday and Sundays on major TV stations including the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), Silverbird Television and on DSTV (Africa Magic) everyday between 8 and 9 p.m. There will also be 30 minutes daily reviews on all the above stations.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by bioye(m): 8:37pm On Jan 07, 2007
the interns:

1.  amina ebele idris, advertising executive, female
2.  ayodele oguntubi, graphic designer, male
3.  abosede alimi, social worker, female
4.  damilola akinwale, engineer, male
[s]5.  eudokia jumbo, rivers, academic administrator, female[/s]
6.  kolawole dairo, economist, male, 20
7.  rhona ahanonu, unemployed, female, 20
8.  ogechi osueke, student ambassador, female
9.  emmanuel nwalor, salesman, male
10. adetola afolabi williams, investment analyst, male (replaces thomas akhigbe, male who pulled out Sunday, 7th January, 2006)

p.a to the boss: maurice-jones (we are yet to meet the boss)

producer: tade ogidan

note: this post will be updated as I get more info about the interns and the other players.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Christino(m): 10:56pm On Jan 07, 2007
@ Bioye,

How come you know Dairo Kola's age? are you a B.U. person?
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by loma(m): 11:58pm On Jan 07, 2007
I know Folabi Adetola very well. He graduated from OAU, Ile-Ife in 2003 where he studies Metallurgical and Materials Engineering.

He is currently an Investment Analyst

We used to live in the same estate in Abeokuta.

He is surely a smart one.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by loma(m): 12:03am On Jan 08, 2007
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by titilayomi(f): 1:06am On Jan 08, 2007
I guess the show would be fun with Tade Ogidan as the producer, why y'all running your mouths.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Lush: 10:06am On Jan 08, 2007
Typical of Nigerians to put a bullet in an idea before it bears fruit. Why not give "The Intern" a couple of weeks before tearing it to pieces. Sure, we all know its a rendition of Donald Trump's (US) & Alan Sugar's (UK) "The Apprentice". Like you rightly mentioned, the Apprentice wasnt fun from the beginning, lets hope they correct those mistakes as the intern continues. Truth is, despite some bickering by you guys, people are loving the show and looking forward to seeing what it has to offer. I'd prefer to keep an open mind until the very end, you never know, it could be fun to watch! cheesy
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by iyewuna(f): 10:45am On Jan 08, 2007
well d show is really 4 real cos my bf is part of the crew and all and ive been there with him so 4 all u doubting thomases, the show is 4 real,
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Lush: 11:39am On Jan 08, 2007
iyewuna:

well d show is really 4 real because my boyfriend is part of the crew and all and ive been there with him so 4 all u doubting thomases, the show is 4 real,

Ehhmm, who's your boyfriend? I hear 2 interns are getting all cosy undecided
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by bioye(m): 1:17pm On Jan 08, 2007
Christino:

@ Bioye,

How come you know Dairo Kola's age? are you a B.U. person?

I remembered his age easily because he is the youngest. What does B.U. mean, please?
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by eolutosin(m): 1:52pm On Jan 10, 2007
Happy to know that Folabi is in already. I believe this guy needs the scholarship price more than anyone else. All the best my brother
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by ehie007(m): 12:28pm On Jan 11, 2007
reality show is a good thing for nigeria. kiss
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Seun(m): 7:25pm On Jan 11, 2007
If I was to create my own business show, the prize will be a huge business loan. Loan! Here's why:
If the winner is worthy of the title, she'll be able to make a lot of money with the loan. She won't need an outright gift.

So, back to the Intern Show. When can I watch it on TV? What time, what channel? Thanks! smiley
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by bioye(m): 8:40pm On Jan 11, 2007
Seun:

So, back to the Intern Show. When can I watch it on TV? What time, what channel? Thanks! smiley

According to http://www.tribune.com.ng/05012007/enter.html
The Intern show comes up every Friday, Saturday and Sundays on major TV stations including the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), Silverbird Television and on DSTV (Africa Magic) everyday between 8 and 9 p.m. There will also be 30 minutes daily reviews on all the above stations.

I was able to see it on Friday on STV at 9pm (after Who Wants To Be a Millionare), and on Sunday on STV at 8pm.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

BBNaija: Thelma, Esther Fight Over Calling People With Down Syndrome ‘imbeciles’ / BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss / Big Brother Titans Starts January 15, 2023 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.