Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,906 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

The Intern Show (Reality TV) - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Intern Show (Reality TV) (32443 Views)

The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! / Help Afolabi Become The Intern / Bank Phb's "the Intern" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by dennylove(m): 9:15pm On Jan 11, 2007
evrywhere!! na SHOW! show!! show!!!,evrybody want to create a show,they don,t even mind , if it MAKES SENSE to the public or not. angry angry embarassed shocked
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Wendell(m): 6:53pm On Jan 12, 2007
Hey Guys whoever will want to register for the show should be careful. Some of us registered last year,after their so-called interview with no clear-cut criteria, we waited for the show to be aired on NTA , Channels etc as announced till forever. Seems so much like the organizers are not well prepared or otherwise. So much care needs to be taken on this project guys.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by bioye(m): 9:36am On Jan 13, 2007
@Wendell,

The Show has already started. Please, read through the posts before posting next time.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by ezeking(m): 7:06pm On Jan 13, 2007
PEOPLE ARE SO PESSEMISTIC OFTEN ON ISSUES BEFORE THEY EVEN UNDERSTAND IT.
THE INTERN SHOW I WATCHED YESTERDAY IS VERY INTERESTING AND EDUCATIVE TO ME. THOUGH THEY MIGHT BE AREAS WHERE IT CAN BE IMPROVED, IT WAS A MASTERSTROKE. WE PEOPLE THAT ARE TRYING TO HOLD ON OUR OWN NEED SOME THESE SHOWS IN NIGERIA.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by titilayomi(f): 11:40pm On Jan 13, 2007
There are too many ''anti-Nigeria'', even the so-called Nigerians. Little things like support and loyalty goes a long way, much more than we think. But i guess a lot of people prefer to stick up for other people's countries rather than theirs. I hope they wake up and smell the coffee, cuz we dont belong no wherelse than wherever we originated, you may decide to claim otherwise though, but it doesn't change the fact.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by bioye(m): 8:39pm On Jan 14, 2007
Meet the boss:

My name is Otudor.

[url=http://www.adstratcom.net/people%20magazine.htm]Charles Otudor[/url]
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Lush: 4:32am On Jan 15, 2007
bioye:

Meet the boss:

My name is Otudor.

[url=http://www.adstratcom.net/people%20magazine.htm]Charles Otudor[/url]

Good one mate, I think he’s a hired hand though (James Bond wannabe) grin

Shame on you guys, for saying this programme would suck angry , sure enough it’s a rendition of “The Apprentice” but they’ve done a good job of adapting it to the Nigerian environment. I for one am impressed and my hat goes off (if I had one anyway) to the producers grin . The sad thing though is having to see someone get FIRED cry
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Tmoni(m): 12:52pm On Jan 16, 2007
i still can not fathom why/how nigerians go about disregarding or downplaying every new idea or (old concept turned which is made to fit the country).
every nation learnt one thing from other nations before getting to where there all are now so please, if u are not going to render constructive criticism, u might as well shut the holes in your faces. angry

PS- i was one of the contestants who did not make it to the house and i respcet everybody that made it cause they have got all it takes.
every sunday, i am on the phone trying to listen get 'sitrep' on what is going on in the house.would love to watch it

PSS--pls, who has an idea how i can watch NTA online
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by LoverBwoy(m): 1:42pm On Jan 16, 2007
Yes who has an idea of how to watch this particular show or any other show online apart from NTA news

Tmoni you can watch NTA online here but just the news
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Tmoni(m): 1:46pm On Jan 16, 2007
thanks, even though its only news.
i listen to coolfm online, better news and liberal views
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by teeboi1(m): 1:40am On Jan 18, 2007
I've enjoyed every bit of the show,we need to belief in nigeria and nigerians(you & i)
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Tmoni(m): 1:42am On Jan 18, 2007
we would also like to enjoy the show, but how?
any suggestions , i really want to see it,
any good sherperd in the house??
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Lush: 1:58am On Jan 18, 2007
I dunno if this will help but i remember we subscribed to most of the Sky channels and "AIT" was part of the African bouquet. I think you should enquire from your cable provider if they broadcast any of the Nigerian stations. You only need to look out for STv(Silverbird television), AIT(Africa Independent Tv), MIB(Minaj broadcast international) & last but not least NTA grin I havent heard about these stations streaming their content so i think its safe to rule out trying to watch on the web. Goodluck.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Tmoni(m): 2:00am On Jan 18, 2007
thanks, would do so asap
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Seun(m): 4:42pm On Jan 21, 2007
I caught an episode of this show this afternoon. It was like watching a funeral home's routine board meeting in a dark and dusty basement of a deserted house in the middle of nowhere on a black and white TV set with eyes closed!

It was that boring, and not surprisingly so. Entertainment and business are two different things.

However, some of the blame lies in the hands of the lazy cinematographers hired to cover the Intern show. They were content to place the camera in a board room meeting filled intelligent but boring guys and girls talking about the various wonderful things they did while the camera-man was at home, sleeping. It lacks 'coverage'.

Show, don't tell, is an old TV rule that this show urgently needs to act upon. Show us what they do outside that boring board-room. Show us the market-women they went out to meet. Show us the adventure.

This show might be a great training ground for the contestants, but the episode I watched was not entertaining. The truth is that business is the most boring pursuit in the world - for those not making money from it. To make it interesting, you have to introduce dramatic elements that are not present in real life business. Ask Trump.

Delivered with an Air Of SuperiorityTM. Catch the show on NTA/STV/DSTV every Friday, Saturday and Sundays between 8 and 9 p.m.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Seun(m): 5:45pm On Jan 21, 2007
Here are some pictures from the show, accompanied by my comments.

The Logo: Nothing special, but there's nothing wrong with it.
The Contestants: Many of them are not particularly attractive. Not a big deal in a business show.
The Boardroom: The most boring place on earth is a corporate board room. Bad choice!

Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Seun(m): 5:51pm On Jan 21, 2007
The Male Moderator: His hair is the most entertaining thing about this show so far! cheesy
The Female Moderator: Her hairstyle - sorry, her artificial hair - is second only to Bioye's own. Win!
The Ogas: These people look rich enough to buy ten Nairalands with their daily breakfast money.

Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Seun(m): 5:57pm On Jan 21, 2007
For obvious reasons, I have little to say about the male contestants.

The Talkative Guy: He enjoyed the most screentime during this episode. Smart guy, probably. But dry.

The Other Guys: They might as well not be on the show. Hehe.

Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Seun(m): 6:04pm On Jan 21, 2007
And now, it's time for what we've all been waiting for. The babes (girls, ladies, women)!

Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Seun(m): 6:07pm On Jan 21, 2007
And here are the more interesting Intern Show Ladies.

Naturally, I want the hot hot babe to win. She looks so pretty intelligent. lipsrsealed What do you think?

Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by tianshie(m): 7:15pm On Jan 21, 2007
Seun You got me drooling with them pictures tongue
I'd like to see the big lady wind win grin
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by kaboninc(m): 8:38pm On Jan 21, 2007
This show is very interesting. For some of us going into the business world, especially those of us leaving High School, this kind of show is like a window showing us the the challanges of what we will be expecting in our future especially as profesiionals. I like the show and they should keep it up.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by badesemowo(m): 10:33pm On Jan 21, 2007
I think the show is very interesting. Basically this weekend the contestants where asked to raise bank accounts from the 'unbanked'. Basically okada riders, market women , students. THey were to raise 2million naira in each team. Well they did raise the money but not from the unbanked. Lots of sweats in ACed up room. It was nice. Finally no body got evicted after a lot of tension. I think i m learning one or two things too,

oh yea they can improve in catching the spicy moments during the week.

And seun great job for all them pictures,
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Seun(m): 10:37pm On Jan 21, 2007
Wow, I'm surprised that some people did not find it boring. Perhaps I caught it at a wrong time?
I guess I've got to re-evaluate my review, but I wonder why they didn't show us all the things they said they did.

@tianshie: why are you rooting for the big lady? Tell us about it.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by badesemowo(m): 10:45pm On Jan 21, 2007
A repeat show of day 9 is up on nta network at 11. Basically they show the activities of the day over friday sat and sunday.
And i wonder why they did not realise a website is a very important part of reality tv show. Or are my missing something,their website still shows registration details.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by LoverBwoy(m): 2:39am On Jan 22, 2007
seems liek most of them do make up before they go on screen  undecided,

they are killing the moisturiser and the lip-gloss or maybe the thing smelt soooo nice  wink shine shine

seems like the moderators are tring too hard
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Bizl4Rizl(m): 6:42am On Jan 22, 2007
The Intern is ok but could actually be a lot better. I really like the pretty babe - well, she fine. But I want one of the guys to win.

I am not impressed with the BOSS and Maurice "hyphen" Jones is too FAKE!

badesemowo:

A repeat show of day 9 is up on nta network at 11. Basically they show the activities of the day over friday sat and sunday.
And i wonder why they did not realise a website is a very important part of reality tv show. Or are my missing something,their website still shows registration details.

They had a functional website during the promo stages.This was way back though, I have not been able to access it since the program started.

@Seun, thanks for the pics!
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by loma(m): 7:37am On Jan 22, 2007
I have been watching the show online (africast.com), but you have to register to watch NTA and Channels.
So far I am impressed.

Especially the episode on raising money from the unbanked and the carwash episode.

For those with negative comments, they are welcome,but I will advise you to also learn one thing or the other along the way.

The illiterate people of this generation will not be those who cannot read or write, but those who cannot learn,unlearn and re-learn.(paraphrased)
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by ioday(f): 9:49am On Jan 22, 2007
After discussing the proc and cons of the show which by the way is great, very educative, nobody mentioned who was fired yesterday. I didnt get to watch the last episode (day 9) so can someone tell me who was fired.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by lafile(m): 10:40am On Jan 22, 2007
Great Show! (despite what Seun says). the boardroom battle was fun sunday nite. thank God nobody was fired sha. that Folabi guy was so tense i pity am. really want that Ogechi 'sex sells ' fired.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by badesemowo(m): 10:55am On Jan 22, 2007
No body got fired. Though afolabi was asked to save either of the last two people.(Others had been saved by the rich men )
"big" lady was to go. Then last minute The boss says "NO BODY GETS FIRED" and End of show.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by naijagal(f): 12:27pm On Jan 22, 2007
the show is good, at least its d first of its kind on naija tv

i've always had issues with this "maurice jones" woman tongue tongue
fake hair, overacting, wrong judgements , the list is endless!

mr charles looks out of place some how
is he really the BOSS

the contestants are all ok as far as i'm concerned
the two team leaders have done a good job so far

i wish they would be mixed up now though
this boy/girl team is getting overworked now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Bbnaija 2019: Abuja Audition, Crowd Storms Venue (photos, Video) / Big Brother Titans Starts January 15, 2023 (Photos) / BBNaija: Thelma, Esther Fight Over Calling People With Down Syndrome ‘imbeciles’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.