Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges (6694 Views)

Nima Elbagir Enters Sambisa Forest With The Aid Of Security Personnel. Photos / Presidency Orders Withdrawal Of Security Personnel From Politicians / Nigerian Military Have Delivered On Security Challenges –jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges by karlmax2: 8:12am On May 17, 2013
AKURE — GOVERNOR Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo State, yesterday, called on Nigerians to rally round President Goodluck Jonathan in his bid to bring an end to the security challenges in the country.

He chided those who have chosen to embark on undue politicisation of current national security challenges facing the country.

Mimiko said that the present security challenges confronting the nation can only be surmounted if Nigerians rally round the President.

He spoke in Akure while playing host to members of the Governing Council of the Federal University of Technology, Akure, FUTA, led by its Chairman and Pro-chancellor, Mr. Mahmud Yahaya (SAN).

Mimiko said: “With the array of Nigerians from diverse ethnic stocks in the Governing Council of FUTA, the obvious point is made that our destiny as a nation is one and so Nigerians must work with the President to evolve a united, peaceful, and prosperous country.

“I am of the view that the effort to bring an end to the security challenges in some states, through the recently declared State of Emergency, should be lauded by all.

“For me, this is the time to rally round the President and jettison all forms of divisive and non-productive politicking.

“It is also the time to tell those who are disposed to feasting on the national security challenge that they are alone.”

He said those opposed to the President on account of political differences should offer genuine, logical and coherent alternatives instead of blanket condemnation of all that emanates from the Presidency.

Earlier, Mr. Yahaya sought the support of the state government in the development of the institution’s skills acquisition centre.

He lauded Governor Mimiko for the unprecedented transformation of the state.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/mimiko-rallies-support-for-jonathan-faults-politicising-of-security-challenges/

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges by Nobody: 8:37am On May 17, 2013
little wonder this man is a thorn in the flesh of ACN

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges by AustineE1: 9:13am On May 17, 2013
..Very different from those other rascals!A politician who is nationalistic and in a class of his own!Truely an elder state man,with more of politicians like him in his region,the south-west will definately out grow the monster of tribal jingoism and petty politics that has blinded them from progress!

15 Likes

Re: Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges by badmrkt(m): 9:53am On May 17, 2013
You'll soon become an enemy.mek your Yoruba brothers catch you with their 'never see good in this administration' syndrome.

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges by donbuchi1(m): 10:22am On May 17, 2013
Well said Mimiko...
Re: Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges by Nobody: 10:26am On May 17, 2013
Akpos, a Ghanian, just got admission into one
of the Nigerian institutions.
At the first day of lecture, the following
conversation erupted…..
The Lecturer said, “let’s begin by reviewing
some Nigerian history.”
The Lecturer asked who said, “I shall return to
die in the land of my fathers?”
She saw a sea of blank faces, except for
Akpos, who had his hand up. Akpos replied:
“King Jaja of Opobo, 1875″”very good!” said
the lecturer.
Then, she asked again, who said, “The land
use act will feed the nation?” Again,
no response except from Akpos: ”Obasanjo ,
1976.”The Lecturer snapped at the class;
“class, you should be ashamed. Akpos, who is
new
to our Country, knows more about our history
than you do.”
The Lecturer heard a
loud whisper:”Ghana
must go”. “who said that?” she demanded,
Akpos put his hand up,”Buhari 1984.” At
that point, a student at the back scornfully
said;”Hmmm, you think you are smart?”
The Lecturer glared and asked; “All right!
Now, who said that?” Again, Akpos
said,”Babangida to
Abiola,1992.” Hmmm, a Student at the back
smilled “I dey laugh ooh” Akpos smiled back
and said Obasanjo to Atiku 2001. Now
furious,
another student yelled;”Oh yeah! Eat
this!” Akpos jumped out of his chair waving
his hand and
shouting to the Lecturer,”India n
mistress giving an apple to Abacha, 1998″
Now, with almost mob hyseria,
someone said; “You little poo. If you say
anything else, I’ll kill you.” Akpos frantically
yelled at the top of his voice; “Chris Uba to
Ngige,
2004!” The Lecturer
fainted, and as the class gathered around her
on the floor, someone said; “Oh
poo, we’re in Big trouble now!” Akpos
whispered; “Chimaroke Nnamani, Ayodele
Fayose and Lucky Igbinedon 2007″, Someone
angrily said; “Dont answer him, he is a fool”
Akpos smiled nd replied; “Obansanjo to IBB,
2011″ Now, the Lecturer managed to get up
and asked Akpos; pls, who’re you? Show your
self..
Akpos jumped, yelled and said; Jonathan to
BOKOHARAM.

27 Likes

Re: Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges by Nobody: 10:29am On May 17, 2013
Mimiko has made a patriotic statement. This is the era we will know those who are patriotic or just making noise.

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges by gen2briz(m): 10:29am On May 17, 2013
Whatever
Re: Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges by Cmoyor: 10:31am On May 17, 2013
Dts a statesman devoid of tribalism
Re: Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges by Nobody: 10:31am On May 17, 2013
He said those opposed to the President on account of political differences should offer genuine, logical and coherent alternatives instead of blanket condemnation of all that emanates from the Presidency

Just like yeye Tinubu and his ACN thugs who doesn't have a single solution rather than making noise.

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges by decrox199(m): 10:33am On May 17, 2013
Spot on Iroko...surely u'r so on point!
Re: Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges by theripper2: 10:34am On May 17, 2013
Hmmmmmm, Bravo
Re: Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges by Alamen001: 10:34am On May 17, 2013
Every support is needed at this point. Good move.

Click Here

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges by Decapo: 10:37am On May 17, 2013
ok
Re: Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges by Nobody: 10:38am On May 17, 2013
OK!

This guy is different.
Re: Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges by rozayx5(m): 10:39am On May 17, 2013
at least people are still seeing through the opposition Glass grin
Re: Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges by Nobody: 10:41am On May 17, 2013
haxan919: Akpos, a Ghanian, just got admission into one
conversation erupted…..
some Nigerian history.”
the lecturer.
new
than you do.”
The Lecturer heard a
said,”Babangida to
furious,
his hand and
Ngige,
2004!” The Lecturer
self..
BOKOHARAM.
DRY!

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges by gramci: 10:42am On May 17, 2013
You either rally support for President Jonathan or for boko haram.
Re: Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges by Guchis(f): 10:43am On May 17, 2013
Well said sir.

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges by Nobody: 10:43am On May 17, 2013
best selling books in town with discounts. 1. Beauty
Tips by Olusegun
Obasanjo 2. How to live in peace by Boko Haram 3.
Say no to corruption
by James Ibori 4. How to speak good English by Dr. Mrs. Patience Jonathan 5. My love for America by
Osama Bin' Ladin. Available in bookstores nationwide!

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges by Sweetlemon(f): 10:44am On May 17, 2013
Well, I will support anything GEJ wants to do AS LONG AS IT CURBS THE PROBLEM AND NOT JUST SOME KIND OF WINDOW DRESSING OR COSMETIC.
So I won't say anything until I see the results of this State of emergency technique of curbing violence
Re: Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges by 50calibre(m): 10:47am On May 17, 2013
I wrote to Jonathan asking that he hands over the task of ending this boko haram menace to me and all this would be over but I'm yet to get a reply from him. Just make me a General, provide me air support, tanks and high-powered weapons, then give me 6 months.
Re: Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges by lacasa: 10:51am On May 17, 2013
People r funny sha.

Someting OBJ ( a past general n war fighter) tried n didn't work, its Jona dat will now succeed wt the same tin??

#.. Haha! i laugh. But time will tell

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges by action4real: 10:53am On May 17, 2013
GEJ is am man, he give them quality time to repent but dey refuse so he has no option tha what he did. pls i need live updat, because every where is just quiet, i have not here 20pple killed 5injured since dey start

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges by denitro(m): 10:53am On May 17, 2013
haxan919: Akpos, a Ghanian, just got admission into one
conversation erupted…..
some Nigerian history.”
the lecturer.
new
than you do.”
The Lecturer heard a
said,”Babangida to
furious,
his hand and
Ngige,
2004!” The Lecturer
self..
BOKOHARAM.

Hahahaha
Re: Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges by Nobody: 10:54am On May 17, 2013
bootlegaz: Are we sure this man is Yoruba? Some one should do DNA on him cos he seems to stand on his words and far from been a coward and a Fulani Nyanch kisser.ACN 0 Labor Party 1
1000 likes

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges by seunny4lif(m): 10:55am On May 17, 2013
Na my governor be that not all those making noise up and down like lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges by Lilimax(f): 10:56am On May 17, 2013
gboss4sure: Mimiko has made a patriotic statement. This is the era we will know those who are patriotic or just making noise.
Kudos to Mimiko for voicing out his support.
A lot of them are still sitting on the fence watching instead of airing their views sad.
Ndi okpa aturu! (saboteurs) undecided undecided
Re: Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges by uncle2010: 10:59am On May 17, 2013
karl max: AKURE — GOVERNOR Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo State, yesterday, called on Nigerians to rally round President Goodluck Jonathan in his bid to bring an end to the security challenges in the country.

He chided those who have chosen to embark on undue politicisation of current national security challenges facing the country.

Mimiko said that the present security challenges confronting the nation can only be surmounted if Nigerians rally round the President.

He spoke in Akure while playing host to members of the Governing Council of the Federal University of Technology, Akure, FUTA, led by its Chairman and Pro-chancellor, Mr. Mahmud Yahaya (SAN).

Mimiko said: “With the array of Nigerians from diverse ethnic stocks in the Governing Council of FUTA, the obvious point is made that our destiny as a nation is one and so Nigerians must work with the President to evolve a united, peaceful, and prosperous country.

“I am of the view that the effort to bring an end to the security challenges in some states, through the recently declared State of Emergency, should be lauded by all.

“For me, this is the time to rally round the President and jettison all forms of divisive and non-productive politicking.

“It is also the time to tell those who are disposed to feasting on the national security challenge that they are alone.”

He said those opposed to the President on account of political differences should offer genuine, logical and coherent alternatives instead of blanket condemnation of all that emanates from the Presidency.

Earlier, Mr. Yahaya sought the support of the state government in the development of the institution’s skills acquisition centre.

He lauded Governor Mimiko for the unprecedented transformation of the state.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/mimiko-rallies-support-for-jonathan-faults-politicising-of-security-challenges/
I never knew this man is so intelligent like this.
Re: Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges by bootlegaz: 11:00am On May 17, 2013
lacasa: People r funny sha.

Someting OBJ ( a past general n war fighter) tried n didn't work, its Jona dat will now succeed wt the same tin??

#.. Haha! i laugh. But time will tell
Terrorist sympathizer I bet you live outside northern Nigeria, drink lots of alcohol and fhuck lots of ashawo with ya cobra man power. grin grin and turn around to preach to your ignorant brothers that people in southern Nigeria are committing haram?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Today's Pictures From Bariga, Lagos State / . / Did Government Underestimate The Nigerian Public?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.