Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,745 members, 7,802,273 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

American Idol Crowns A Winner! + (winning Moment Picture) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / American Idol Crowns A Winner! + (winning Moment Picture) (707 Views)

Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star / Adanna Duru: The 18 year old Nigerian American Star on American idol 2015 / Nicki Minaj Swore At Mariah Carey During American Idol Auditions (2) (3) (4)

(1)

American Idol Crowns A Winner! + (winning Moment Picture) by irunmoleaiye: 11:47am On May 17, 2013
After months of auditions, eliminations, performances and judges' feedback, American Idol finally has its season 12 winner.

Candice Glover and Kree Harrison each performed three songs on Wednesday night – a favorite of their choice from the season, one picked by producer Simon Fuller and the song that would become the winner's first single – in front of fans, friends, family and the Idol judges at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live.

Mariah Carey said, "It's going to be very, very difficult for America" to decide a winner. Indeed, PEOPLE readers voted, giving R&B diva Candice only a slight edge over authentic country girl Kree.

Candice Glover is the new American Idol! And Kree Harrison is season 12's runner-up.

Candice and Kree held their heads together and closed their eyes as Ryan read the results. When he said her name, Candice stood up, looked shocked and then burst into tears. Kree was the first one to hug her. Soon, the rest of the top 10 were taking turns embracing Candice, who had been a frontrunner all along.

Meanwhile, the judges were standing in ovation.

Overwhelmed, Candice had trouble speaking. "I can't even – oh my God. Three years!" she muttered, referring the number of times she has tried out for the show.

Then Candice had to sing her brand new single, "I Am Beautiful," which she debuted the night before. She struggled through tears and emotion to get through the song as sparks and then confetti fell around her.

SOURCE: http://www.uncensoredgossip.com/2013/05/american-idol-crowns-winner.html

Re: American Idol Crowns A Winner! + (winning Moment Picture) by ijebabe: 12:18pm On May 17, 2013

(1)

Jmartins Turns Pastor In Owerri / Ojb Jezreel Speaks On His Depreciating Health / Star Trek: M.I Crowns New Mrs Abaga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.