Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,104 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

I Need Another Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Need Another Job (733 Views)

His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. / Another Job Opportunity Is Here In Nigeria Called [p.t.l] / Whats The Need In Changing Another Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Another Job by bedabest: 12:38pm On May 17, 2013
Good day everyone. I got a job barely a year ago in one of the new generation banks. After d compulsory training, I was posted to the marketing department of one of the branches. Since then, my life has been on a down-turn. I have not been able to meet my target. The pressure is so much for me. Shredded in the office, shredded during MPRs. I have been thinking of leaving but I have younger ones to help with their fees. If there's anyway any one reading this can help, I would be grateful. I read an engineering course and I am very good analytically. Thank you.
Re: I Need Another Job by eledalo: 1:07pm On May 17, 2013
Your situation touched me.
I'm not able to help in this regard, but sincerely wish you the best.
Re: I Need Another Job by jisky(m): 12:10am On May 18, 2013
I was one tyme in ds situation.Bank work can be frustratn,no time to do other meaningful things.As a trained Engr you should know ao to create job wt your analytical idea,bt your problem s fear of uncertainty.If you enslave yourself today for one bank Useless job, your brother that u want to die for will yab u in future that y u didnt follow ur passion rather than modern slavery(DSA).Act d earlier d best,if 1 door didnt closed another 1 will not open,be bold n b prayerful.
Re: I Need Another Job by bedabest: 5:54pm On May 18, 2013
Thank you Eledalo and Jisky. Would take your advice
Re: I Need Another Job by taniboo: 8:25pm On May 18, 2013
Good day everyone. I got a job barely 2 years ago in one of the pensions firm organisations. After the compulsory induction, I was posted to a department that others in the company avoided. Since then, my life has not remained the same.

I wake up daily at 4am to get to work and do not return home till about 9pm each day. The pressure of the work is so much for me and I get men from other departments make comments like ‘’you are a true warrior working in that dept and keeping your sanity’ We get to meet a lot of nasty retirees who come to the office with violent weapons and many of my colleagues have been assaulted in the past. My boss says it is part of what we must face in the job. I am single and in my late 20’s and I do not feel like I can carry on this way. Then again, I do not think such a job is really appropriate for a lady.

I have been thinking of leaving, but I have a lot of responsibilities and I need to find something else before I leave. I have a bachelor’s degree in Law as well as a Master’s degree in Corporate Law,(both from a top university in the United Kingdom) I have also been called to bar in Law school. Its quite unfortunate that no good job has come my way yet. I would like to work in the oil & gas sector or any corporate organization or law firm. If there's any one reading this that can help, I would be grateful. My email is Tanimomo200@yahoo.com

Godbless.
Re: I Need Another Job by Nobody: 11:46am On May 19, 2013
Bedabest u sound lik u work in Diamond. Dnt u knw d sureest way to d top is marketing? Better brace up n take d bull by d horn. After all ur paid bout 200k. Wen piple r out dere lookin 4 ur job. Ur dere complainin..but if ur a DSA or contract staff in d bank..pls leave cos dey are using u.

(1) (Reply)

Cheating In Professional Exams / Engineer In Training Certficate / At 19,i Am Yet To Choose A Career; Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.