Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,564 members, 7,801,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea (6019 Views)

Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison / Ministerial Screening: Group Secures Court Order To Stop Amaechi - Daily Post / Church Protests Against Boko Haram Prisoners In Anambra (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 17, 2013
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs stated this in a statement.

President Goodluck Jonathan has secured the release of 10 prisoners held by Equatorial Guinea for various immigration offences, a statement by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said on Friday.

It said the release of the prisoners was the outcome of the two-day official visit by Mr. Jonathan to the country between March 21 and 22.

“The host Minister of National Security disclosed that such a gesture had never been officially extended to any illegal immigrant in Equatorial Guinea from any country.

“Due to the small size of the population of the country, the government was out to keep the influx of foreign nationals in the country at the minimum,” the statement said.

The statement said the Equatorial government extended the gesture because of “the high esteem and respect” held for Nigeria and Mr. Jonathan.

The government also approved the immediate issuance of one-year resident permit to the freed Nigerians and directed its ministry of national security to work closely with the Nigerian embassy in the country.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/134688-jonathan-secures-release-of-nigerian-prisoners-in-equatorial-guinea.html

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 17, 2013
Way to go GEJ. Nice one

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by vizboy(m): 1:05pm On May 17, 2013
good one my president
Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by Afrocatalyst: 1:23pm On May 17, 2013
If you have enuff respect for Nigeria and Mr president,one year resident permit is too small. You can do better dan dat.
Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by GentleNaaz(m): 1:24pm On May 17, 2013
Wowwww.....! GEJ is seriously determined 2 mk tnz beta 4 Nigerians @ all levels. GEJ is really a brave man n I beliv ds is just d begining

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by sholay2011(m): 1:24pm On May 17, 2013
Nice one...Mr President....though forget about 2015 grin

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by Afrocatalyst: 1:28pm On May 17, 2013
sholay2011: Nice one...Mr President....though forget about 2015 grin
why? If he delivers,let him have it.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by Agimor(m): 1:28pm On May 17, 2013
Good riddance.
Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 17, 2013
Go to China, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Philipines and do the same. There are tens of Nigerians on deathrow in China.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by Joemint(m): 1:29pm On May 17, 2013
i lv my GEJ. He has d hrt of a true leada. 2015 my vote must count 4u.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 17, 2013
Obj would have said 'send them back home'. Well done Mr.President!
Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by kelvincoll(m): 1:29pm On May 17, 2013
A good Start! Nice one GEJ
Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by Timijo(m): 1:29pm On May 17, 2013
The good man among the bad people. Well done.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by Decapo: 1:30pm On May 17, 2013
nice one
Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by frankobaba(m): 1:32pm On May 17, 2013
I made 1st page...thanks to GEJ

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by mike404(m): 1:34pm On May 17, 2013
Eko ile and co for don dey piss for their undies cheesy I'm gonna vote for GOODLUCK AZIKIWE JONATHAN come 2015 INSHA ALLAH!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by DJDOLA(m): 1:41pm On May 17, 2013
All dis people sayin thank you gej..there are d one dat will stil call gej dumb president oooo..naija I hail ooo

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by abes(m): 1:44pm On May 17, 2013
Na wa o, these people committed various immigration offences, they will be deported back to Nigeria even without the intervention of GEJ.

What is the noise about 2015?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by ril19(m): 1:47pm On May 17, 2013
good one, but why is it this kind of favours can't or doesn't always come from more poweful nations like Italy, Spain, and China, even South africa?
Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by akorlade(m): 1:48pm On May 17, 2013
Mr president please visit malaysia and indonesia, chukwudi and emeka dey there.
Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 17, 2013
akorlade: Mr president please visit malaysia and indonesia, chukwudi and emeka dey there.

Abi o! He should go to China, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Philipines.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 17, 2013
payless: Go to China, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Philipines and do the same. There are tens of Nigerians on deathrow in China.

Commend this atleast. Don't die hating on a man whom is obviously more blessed ...

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by kutchs: 2:03pm On May 17, 2013
akorlade: Mr president please visit malaysia and indonesia, chukwudi and emeka dey there.
No bi small thing bro. Even Ade, Kunle and Segun dey for some British prisons. GEJ should pls help.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by muaa(f): 2:09pm On May 17, 2013
I'm really Glad to read a positive news abt GEJ. TnkGod ooo. Dancing **kukere**
Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by Symphony007: 2:20pm On May 17, 2013
In the first place it's shamefull that citizens of the gaint of africa are being imprisoned in countries like "equitorial guinea" for "immigration offences"..show's how badly most nigerians detest their country.
Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by theozobby(m): 2:30pm On May 17, 2013
Good move... I pray it only gets better.
Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by donbuchi1(m): 2:30pm On May 17, 2013
payless: Go to China, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Philipines and do the same. There are tens of Nigerians on deathrow in China.

Must our people continue in sin so that President Jonathan may intervene

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by chi4ik(m): 2:52pm On May 17, 2013
[b][/b]All hail my president; GEJ is actualy working, despite the numbers of opposition he has. More grace GEJ

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 17, 2013
GOOD ONE MY PRESIDENT..BUT DON'T GO TO USA OR CANADA BECAUSE MUTALLAB AND ABDULARAM DEY THERE AND THEY NEED TO THEY THERE
Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by KokoBeware: 2:56pm On May 17, 2013
abes: Na wa o, these people committed various immigration offences, they will be deported back to Nigeria even without the intervention of GEJ.

What is the noise about 2015?

Did you read the post at all??

The government also approved the immediate issuance of one-year resident permit to the freed Nigerians and directed its ministry of national security to work closely with the Nigerian embassy in the country.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 17, 2013
Lol Only when he secures release for those in Asia and Arab countries.. Until then, this is some sort of pusssy news.
Re: Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea by coputa(m): 3:01pm On May 17, 2013
A great leader that cares for his people,he is the first Nigerian president to perform such feat..,if these enemies of progress can allow him to work,he will definitely turn things around for Nigerians...,the man has something upstairs but he is surrounded by moles and surrogates

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

JUST IN! 4 Dead As Political Thugs Clash At Isale Eko On Lagos Island / Igbo Day in Plateau State - Shops Under locks (Pix Included) / You Are Not Ashamed Of Yourself - Nigerians Blast El-rufai For Criticising Jonat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.