Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. (34309 Views)

The N27.8million Bottle Of Champagne Nigerians Buy In United Kingdom / World's Most Expensive Bottle Of Red Wine On Sale For N31m / Taste Of Heineken Beer In Nigeria vs Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Chinom(m): 6:17pm On May 17, 2013
Why should a bottle of Heineken cost between Euro 1.50 and Euro 1.75 in Nigeria, while you can get one big bottle for less than Euro 1 in many parts of Europe and the USA. Ok, i know you cannot buy crates from most Nigeria shops, but still, i think the price is way too high.

Why can't they sell it for between N220 and N250 like Star and Gulder. Why N350?. Please lodge your protest here. Heineken should sell for the same price as Star Lager beer..Chikena.

9 Likes

Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by tjskii(f): 8:29am On May 18, 2013
cheesy cheesy uv got to be kidding me,lodge complaint indeed

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Originalsly: 4:15am On May 19, 2013
You protest against a product by not buying it. Did your doctor prescribe Heineken?

73 Likes

Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Chinom(m): 12:36pm On May 19, 2013
Originalsly: You protest against a product by not buying it. Did your doctor prescribe Heineken?

Well, he almost did. But, i don't drink Heineken. My brand is GULDER. But it pisses me off when i see Nigerians paying as much as N400 for a bottle in some joints, while my Gulder or Star never goes beyond N250 in regular beer parlours. The point of the protest is that Heineken is ripping us of here in Nigeria. It was reported that profits made in Nigeria and Africa is helping to keep them afloat now.
Can you explain to me why it should sell for more than Star or Gulder, since they are all Lager beers.

Mods, move this to the front page. So that more Nigerians can protest. This is a PUBLIC SERVICE post.

19 Likes

Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 20, 2013
Okay
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by daguru(m): 6:24pm On May 20, 2013
no be heineken get NL o,na Seun. So how come we need to lodge complain on NL?
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by jaibang(m): 6:25pm On May 20, 2013
i will protest by not buying

1 Like

Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Diasporan(m): 6:25pm On May 20, 2013
@OP haven't you heard of cost and factors of production?It varies from country to country so please go consult your Economics textbook

1 Like

Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 20, 2013
Chinom:

Well, he almost did. But, i don't drink Heineken. My brand is GULDER. But it pisses me off when i see Nigerians paying as much as N400 for a bottle in some joints, while my Gulder or Star never goes beyond N250 in regular beer parlours. The point of the protest is that Heineken is ripping us of here in Nigeria. It was reported that profits made in Nigeria and Africa is helping to keep them afloat now.
Can you explain to me why it should sell for more than Star or Gulder, since they are all Lager beers.

Mods, move this to the front page. So that more Nigerians can protest. This is a PUBLIC SERVICE post.

See wetin beer don do your life. Smh

Pikin like dis boy don become drunkard. People dey protest bad leadership, you dey protest cost of beer.

51 Likes

Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by fckyourman: 6:26pm On May 20, 2013
So because of .50 cents you dey complain. Don't you know it's imported good.

Pls reason well
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Legit: 6:26pm On May 20, 2013
It's called SUPPLY & DEMAND. If U no like am, make U stop buy am. Abi na by force.
okpara ugo: Okay
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 20, 2013
God pls forgive my people cos dey don't know wat to do again in life. We have so many problems to solve in dis country, and your own problem na 1 bottle beer. When kids in Japan , china and America are researching for the next software and gadgets, my Broda problem na ogogoro.

13 Likes

Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by jaybeez: 6:28pm On May 20, 2013
For London Star or Gulder na £3.50-£5.00, that is between N840-N1200. And they are even better than Heineken. So enjoy the star and make you no complain
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by dgitrader(m): 6:28pm On May 20, 2013
Diasporan: @OP haven't you heard of cost and factors of production?It varies from country to country so please go consult your Economics textbook by PN Okeke

YOU TRY, BUT YOU ARE FAR FROM THE TRUTH grin grin grin
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 20, 2013
Lmao.. Ol boy. Protest for beer price? Lawd have maci. Occupy Nigeria part 2 beer edition

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Sanboy25: 6:30pm On May 20, 2013

Cool, it's to help people stop drinking beer.

Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 20, 2013
I drink Heneiken only when am in Lagos where i cant see my Grand
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by OCTAVO: 6:30pm On May 20, 2013
[size=40pt]Gaddamit!!![/size]

angry
[size=20pt]I'm more particular about the price of beans[/size]

To hell with beer! cheesy angry angry

5 Likes

Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Allohrandy(m): 6:31pm On May 20, 2013
Diasporan: @OP haven't you heard of cost and factors of production?It varies from country to country so please go consult your Economics textbook by [b]PN Okeke[/b]
PN Okeke is a physics test-book and not an Economics text book. grin grin grin

15 Likes

Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by johnstar(m): 6:31pm On May 20, 2013
fckyourman: So because of .50 cents you dey complain. Don't you know it's imported good.

Pls reason well
imported my a$$, no b dsame tn dey enter belle undecided, abegi, make we hear word, op is rite, me self na alomo ah dey dwink cheesy
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 20, 2013
na by force to drink am? drink your own made in naija shine shine bobo or pakmie na
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:32pm On May 20, 2013
In Houaton Heineken costs $3 for the small bottle and that's about four hundred and fifty naira for same size in Nigeria,so,I don't see any reason for a complaint.

1 Like

Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 20, 2013
jaybeez: For London Star or Gulder na £3.50-£5.00, that is between N840-N1200. And they are even better than Heineken. So enjoy the star and make you no complain
o boy, this your lie don high me. op is talking of a regular bar and not the likes of dynamiks
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by DJDOLA(m): 6:33pm On May 20, 2013
Nothing we no go hear for nigeria..bokoharam is killing u are complaining of high cost of beer...

4 Likes

Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by nadispeters: 6:34pm On May 20, 2013
Seprate d men from d boys..... If u no get money u go drink ogogolo ;DSeprate d men from d boys..... If u no get money u go drink ogogolo

1 Like

Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Onyema1(m): 6:34pm On May 20, 2013
Yes, I agree with you. AND the tiny glass they use in measuring kai-kai should also be reviewed upwards. How can one get only that tiny thing for N20? It is ridiculous. And you have to take at least 5 shots to come up a bit. Na wao!!!!

3 Likes

Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Nightshift(m): 6:35pm On May 20, 2013
A change to palm - wine is my advice to anybody pissed off by high cost of beer in Nigeria. By doing so, you are helping your health and the local wine-tappers . Moreover, palm-wine has been helping Africans have good sex since centuries! Abi no be so?

3 Likes

Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by inme: 6:35pm On May 20, 2013
LOL...... NA BY FORCE TO DRINK AM??

1 Like

Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 20, 2013
Allohrandy: PN Okeke was a physics test-book and not an Economics text book. grin grin grin

You sure say that guy go skul

He is mistaking Chinua achebe for Wole soyinka.
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Sleekydee(m): 6:36pm On May 20, 2013
Bros na by force? Go buy oda products na....or buy alomo or shepe, am sure u will save enuf on those....lolzzzzz
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Mmadu111: 6:36pm On May 20, 2013
U dónt expect them to sale at thesame price in nigeria due to differences in the cost of production of both countries. However, cost of production is very high in Nigeria that it poses difficulties for some firms to recoup their initial cost of investment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Would You Eat This Strange Looking Yam(photos) / This Season(20% off ) MOBOJHUB Affordable Big Live Snails! / Nigerian Restaurants In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.