Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

[tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. (36236 Views)

Pls Advice On Which To Buy Btw Tecno D5 And L3 / Tecno D5 full Specifications and review / The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

[tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 17, 2013
AFter rooting my tecno D5 under 10-15mins , i think opening a tread for this will help others that want to root thier Android 4.o phones in order to install apps that need root privileges.

[center]REQUIREMENTS[/center]
1. A laptop or desktop.
2.An internet Bundle to download file of 30mb.
3.A Usb cable.
And off-course Any 4.o Android Phone.
pls this is not app its a hack so I am not responsible for any damages or problems your device encounters.
NB-if you click on the runme.bat file and the proccess goes on without rooting your phone,pls try backing up your apps and do a factory reset then try again and if it persist then go to page 1 of this tread and try the other method by Davit.

Download any android Debugging app that will let you install android driver and let your phone connect with your pc, apps like http://pdanet.co/a or download this http://snappea.en.softonic.com/ used for many purpose like moving all apps to SD

Download this file http://205.196.120.206/456kv5f0zm3g/aluaaotbbuv5g7k/Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v18_2.7z or download from here tmlhttp://www.4shared.com/archive/CpycuhV-/Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v1.h

Install the Debugging app and when it prompts you to plug you phone,do it quickly and make sure it installs the drivers. If that is well done close the App on your pc.

OPen the root with Restore you downloaded extract it to any folder in your pc .
Run the Runme.bat file, a command prompt window will open
when it prompts for an option.
PRESS 1 and it will continue to execute the task.
Then after that another window will open in your phone PLEASE ENTER YOUR DEVICE ENCRYPTION PASSWORD BELOW,when you see that dont mind it ignore it and just click RESTORE MY DATA below and wait for the process to finish
. Your device will restart, and if you see the SUPER SU icon on your apps drawer it means that you had successfully rooted your phone.
GOODLUCK. if you wanna learn more go here [url]http://hdc-galaxy.com/how-to-root-any-chinese-android-running-android-4-0-ics4-1-jb/
[/url]

4 Likes

Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by obisage(m): 11:07pm On May 17, 2013
Thanks so much for this free information. Other people would have put there number and ask u to call them

2 Likes

Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by Nobody: 8:06am On May 18, 2013
obisage: Thanks so much for this free information. Other people would have put there number and ask u to call them
i did not pay to learn them so why will i collect money to teach them ,is foolishness and ignorance for people to let knowledge die with them.

1 Like

Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by Nobody: 11:03am On May 18, 2013
THANK YOU
THIS METHOD WORKS WITH TECNO Q1 ROOTED. cheesy
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 18, 2013
Yeah that's what I want to hear.
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by Peroluv(m): 5:08pm On May 18, 2013
bro thanx a lot. I got two question for u
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by Peroluv(m): 5:11pm On May 18, 2013
1) am using pda.net. should I install both the installer and the phone part as stated from the link u posted
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by Peroluv(m): 5:14pm On May 18, 2013
2) how do I mount the phone as a USB drive or Media device in USB options. thnx
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 18, 2013
Good question, but don't need those protocols Cos when u are installing pdanet in ur pc it will prompt u to connect ur phone and will install pdanet on ur phone not the other way and concerning ur Usb option u don't need to allow it as mass storage or media bla bla bla all u gonna do is to Allow USB Debugging and other things pdanet tell u to allow like mock location and stay awake.
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by Peroluv(m): 7:23pm On May 18, 2013
thnx bro. my d5 rooted successfuly. u too much my guy

1 Like

Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by Peroluv(m): 2:59pm On May 19, 2013
my guy. I guess the rooting take up a lot of space, did u experience it. I am thinking of formating my fone and sd so I. can patition my sd. hope I won't loose my root access
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 19, 2013
Peroluv: my guy. I guess the rooting take up a lot of space, did u experience it. I am thinking of formating my fone and sd so I. can patition my sd. hope I won't loose my root access
I don't think, unless u unroot it with thesame app.
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by enm(m): 5:40pm On May 19, 2013
Abeg person wey stop and ask for direction no dey miss road. pls wetin be the important of rooting my phone? Shey e go free up my disk memory space abi enhance the speed of ny phone?
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 19, 2013
enm: Abeg person wey stop and ask for direction no dey miss road. pls wetin be the important of rooting my phone? Shey e go free up my disk memory space abi enhance the speed of ny phone?
Noobs on Android...it does not any of your anticipation.95% of important Apps in play store need Root priveledge to work.so its not must u root ur Android but Rooting let u apply tweaks that will make ur phone survive .
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by davit: 11:21am On May 23, 2013
Can someone tell me which of the debugging app works? I have installed the snappea. It works well as a pc suite. When i try the RUNME.bat it is not working well. no communication btwn it and my phone. I use TECNO D5 too. Pls heelp. The other app wont even install. it is giving error when i connect my phone.
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 23, 2013
davit: Can someone tell me which of the debugging app works? I have installed the snappea. It works well as a pc suite. When i try the RUNME.bat it is not working well. no communication btwn it and my phone. I use TECNO D5 too. Pls heelp. The other app wont even install. it is giving error when i connect my phone.
try go to, Settiings,Developer Option and make sure the first 3 option are marked then Try Again.
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by davit: 2:20pm On May 23, 2013
EMMAUGOH: try go to, Settiings,Developer Option and make sure the first 3 option are marked then Try Again.
I have all the three enabled. I managed to install the pdanet. But it can only connect via bluetooth. Each time i try connecting via USB it keeps asking me to connect my phone tru USB even when i am connecting via USB. Can someone tell me what is wrong here?
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 23, 2013
Change the position of the Runme.bat file and if persist try another pc.
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by davit: 3:51pm On May 25, 2013
i have installed it on another phone. The two debugging apps installed properly. But whenever i launched the runme.bat it complained of ntseeing the phone's path. Any other way pls?
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by davit: 3:52pm On May 25, 2013
i have installed it on another system. The two debugging apps installed properly. But whenever i launched the runme.bat it complained of ntseeing the phone's path. Any other way pls?
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by georgiobob: 4:49pm On May 25, 2013
EMMAUGOH: I don't think, unless u unroot it with thesame app.
Pls I actualy encountered dis
1. I didn't get the super user icon after doing d rooting process of my d5, what can I do to solve dis pls
2.My n3 is rooted successfully, kindly tell me how to go about it using droid vpn, without having any issues associated with (tun.ko) and its installing!....thanks
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by georgiobob: 4:50pm On May 25, 2013
EMMAUGOH: I don't think, unless u unroot it with thesame app.
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by georgiobob: 5:00pm On May 25, 2013
[quote author=georgiobob][/quote]
Thanks very much bro, I wld surely do dat, (unrooting it),
Pls kindly answer d second question
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by angelrama: 10:55am On May 26, 2013
pls can I use dis process to root tecno d3
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by davit: 1:20pm On May 27, 2013
this is the error i get.================================================== ====================
= This script will root your Android phone with adb restore function =
= Script by Bin4ry (thanks to Goroh_kun and tkymgr for the idea) =
= Idea for Tablet S from Fi01_IS01 =
= (18.12.2012) v17 =
================================================== ====================

Device type:
1) Normal
2) Special (for example: Sony Tablet S, Medion Lifetab)

x) Unroot

Make a choice: 1
Checking if i should run in Normal Mode or special Sony Mode
Please connect your device with USB-Debugging enabled now
Waiting for device to shop up, if nothing happens please check if Windows ADB-dr
ivers are installed correctly!
The system cannot find the path specified.

Normal Mode enabled!

Pushing busybox....
Pushing su binary ....
Pushing Superuser app
Making busybox runable ...
Please look at your device and click RESTORE!
If all is successful i will tell you, if not this shell will run forever.
Running ...
Successful, going to reboot your device in 10 seconds!

After that, it asks me to press any key and it closes without rooting my phone. any help will be appreciated.
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 27, 2013
Let me tell u guys,hw i got my own rooted....i downloaded the file to my document folder ,extracted it thesame place, plugged my phone to usb...run the runme.bat file as an admistrator ,followed the prompt and got it rooted.
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 27, 2013
Pls make sure u terminate the debugging app permanently for that session...if its pdanet some of it may still be running,go to ur pc task manager(ctrl/ alt/ del) and check it before running the .bat file
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by davit: 2:21pm On May 27, 2013
@ EMMA, I so much appreciate ur concern. I have terminated all the debugging apps installed, still not able to specify path is the error i get. I have never given up in my search anyway. hope there is something i need to get right somewhere.

1 Like

Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by Nobody: 11:58pm On May 27, 2013
I think i will refer you to the original tread or the owners tread for this file runme.bat file .......... check in here, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1886460, pls i heard you have to enable backup bla bla bla in the storage option but by the way i have sold my D5 and don't have any other to test,but pls make sure you are running this from a window PC..pls re download the file from the original tread, may be there is an error in the one i uploaded to 4shared.
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by davit: 8:39am On May 28, 2013
I have been able to connect my phone and the rooting script. But the problem now is that my phone is not rooted as the script claimed. Instead, it swallowed my phone internal memory. I have tried rooting it several times, but only restarted my phone without really rooting. I even tested it with Root validator. Any idea as to what could be wrong? Thanks
Re: [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. by Samafroxy22(m): 12:00am On Jun 03, 2013
To make this work well... First do a factory reset of your phone.... Once done.... You are good to go

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Check Out Whatsapp New Update With Cool Features / Infinix Note 8(N90,400) Vs Infinix Zero 8(N116,900), Which Should U Buy?(photos) / Tecno Camon C7 Official Specs, Photos And Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.